sylvari servants of Mordremoth?

in Lore

Posted by: Leviathan.3690

Leviathan.3690

They can’t be corrupted by the Elder Dragons that we KNOW about and even then thats a theory at best in imo.
Not many Sylvari over in Ascalon or near the Brand so not much chance of them becoming corrupted and as far as i can tell the brand creatures we fight all came from Kralkatorriks flight and the future ones who get corrupted have been exposed for a long time by either being stationed there (Charr) or live close to it (Ogres etc)

Same with the Shiverpeaks since you have to willingly embrace Jormag or go pretty far North to be affected by him. Notice how we only see Norn and don’t see Charr Icebrood or Humans or Asura because they don’t go North and don’t accept Jormag like the Sons of Svanir do.

Primordus doesn’t really corrupt people he just destroys them (hence “Destroyers” as minions) .

Zhaitan can only bring back the dead and as far as we know Sylvari don’t “die” in the traditional sense so he’s the only one we can be certain they are immune to. For all we know they aren’t “alive” in the traditional sense either despite the whole plant thing. Zhaitan doesn’t bring back plants either so plant life in general not just Sylvari is probably immune or at least resistant enough for it to not care.

That leaves either

The Leviathan as I like to call the DSD who apparently is like Primordus and just makes minions or tentacles out of water or something not sure about that one plus nobody goes into the deep water so nobody knows if it corrupts living things or even can.

Mordremoth is the most likely candidate for Sylvari corruption since it presumably is very plantlike and its power probably focuses on Nature. For all we know the Nightmare Court is the Sylvari equivalent of the Sons of Svanir who have embraced it and the Nightmare husks might very well be the Icebrood equivalent and Nightmare Courtiers turn into them eventually.

I think Sylvari immunity is just some naive ignorance on their part since they don’t really have much evidence to back it up

in Lore

Posted by: Darkbattlemage.9612

Darkbattlemage.9612

Mordremoth is the most likely candidate for Sylvari corruption since it presumably is very plantlike and its power probably focuses on Nature. For all we know the Nightmare Court is the Sylvari equivalent of the Sons of Svanir who have embraced it and the Nightmare husks might very well be the Icebrood equivalent and Nightmare Courtiers turn into them eventually.

Yet the Sons of Svanir praise Jormag as some kind of Totemic spirit while the Nightmare Court offers no such praise or acknowledgement.

Also how does anyone know Mordremoth is the name of the Jungle Dragon. All we know is that the combat log labels the attack “Claws of Modremoth” which doesn’t really give any information on Modremoth. It could just be a placeholder name the person in charge of labeling the attacks thought sounded cool or a deliberate misdirection for anyone who thought they could get some secrets from the combat log.

Or perhaps the name “Claws of Modremoth” is a hint towards the existence of beings of equal or greater power to the Elder Dragons, which may or may not have a connection with the Sylvari and their dream. The apostate in Guild Wars 1 alludes to Abaddon acquiring his godly power from another older god that was depose. We also find in the gw.dat files of the original game mention of an Arachnia and insectoid gods. Perhaps these are also clues about Modremoth’s nature, perhaps he is one of these older gods or a being mistaken for a god.

It could also be possible the Sylvari are indeed golems, made by the Seers as a anti-dragon army long ago, that have simply been activated now. We know the Mursaat and Seers had a devastating war with one another, well mostly for the Seers, perhaps the Seers just finished engineering the Sylvari and were forced to stash the seeds in a remote area to prevent the Mursaat from destroying their final contribution to the long war with the Elder Dragons. The other cycles would have studied Elder Dragon Energy just like we have, in hopes of discovering a weakness or vulnerability against these fearsome beasts.

I’m the Asura Elementalist that stole all your cookies, well except the oatmeal ones.
Chaos always finds a way, who you think Evil learned it from?

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

True. But they do go insane. And it changes them, not just mentally, but physically. They’re very mind over matter.

Uh… no. They die from corruption. They don’t go insane. You’re thinking of the one sylvari who was tortured by an Eye of Zhaitan – one who recovers, something impossible from corruption.

If I had to classify them as something based on just those two points (immunity and mutability), it would be demons rather than dragon minions. They almost certainly are born in the Mists (non-Sylvari can travel to the Dream of Dreams, so it’s probably as “real” as the Realm of Torment) and maintain a strong connection to it, despite possessing plant matter. In personality, they remind me a bit of Razah.

As demons, it would sort of explain why they aren’t corrupted — a dragon probably wouldn’t corrupt an elemental or djinn either, it would just consume it.

Uh… Sylvari are born in Tyria, not from the Mists. Their mind is part of the Dream, but it’s just their mind, and nothing has confirmed that they Dream of Dreams is the Mists yet.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

True. But they do go insane. And it changes them, not just mentally, but physically. They’re very mind over matter.

Uh… no. They die from corruption. They don’t go insane. You’re thinking of the one sylvari who was tortured by an Eye of Zhaitan – one who recovers, something impossible from corruption.

Right, because its not like we had 2 champions freed of corruption, one kinda sadly on his deathbed and other being a giant kittening crystal dragon.

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

in Lore

Posted by: Aaron Ansari.1604

Aaron Ansari.1604

Deathbed?

… Do you mean Reza? If so, it’s his spirit that talked to you, and that had never been corrupted, only imprisoned. Or at least that’s how I interpreted it.

Glint, as has been mentioned too many times to merit counting, required a very specific magical ritual to be freed, one not available when this sylvari recovered.

Really, I don’t know why people are jumping to the idea of corruption. What she went through was in no way like corruption. Corruption doesn’t traumatize, corruption doesn’t drive anyone mad. And that jump of logic seems willfully ignorant of the fact that she was complaining of a powerful mesmer forcing its way into her kittening mind… but nope, that can’t be it. Must be corruption.

R.I.P., Old Man of Auld Red Wharf. Gone but never forgotten.

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

Right, because its not like we had 2 champions freed of corruption, one kinda sadly on his deathbed and other being a giant kittening crystal dragon.

Allow me to reiterate:

Something you don’t recover from by merely resting like the sylvari did – and as Aaron mentioned, before the ritual that freed Glint was found (before said ritual it was deemed impossible to cure draconic corruption, though many hoped otherwise such as the asura at the R&D camp in Cursed Shore).

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Posted by: Plunder.8195

Plunder.8195

I wish we could repeat that freeing ritual done on a chicken in one of the Arah paths on a nightmare being, maybe even a sylvari from the nightmare court… I am sure we can convince some Asura, for science!

Some thought provoking quote

in Lore

Darkbattlemage.9612

I wish we could repeat that freeing ritual done on a chicken in one of the Arah paths on a nightmare being, maybe even a sylvari from the nightmare court… I am sure we can convince some Asura, for science!

Seeing how the ritual hasn’t been suggest being perform on the Sylvari seems to suggest that even in the in-universe the Sylvari are not considered dragon minions. It is likely the Inquest used nightmare hounds and such due to their connection with Sylvari and the partnership Scarlet made between them and the Nightmare Court. I’m sure the Sylvari would of responded in a violent manner to the inquest capturing even the nightmare variants, given how in the dream you do see some of the cruel treatment inflicted upon the Sylvari by several Asura.

I’m the Asura Elementalist that stole all your cookies, well except the oatmeal ones.

in Lore

Aaron Ansari.1604

Seeing how the ritual hasn’t been suggest being perform on the Sylvari seems to suggest that even in the in-universe the Sylvari are not considered dragon minions. It is likely the Inquest used nightmare hounds and such due to their connection with Sylvari and the partnership Scarlet made between them and the Nightmare Court. I’m sure the Sylvari would of responded in a violent manner to the inquest capturing even the nightmare variants, given how in the dream you do see some of the cruel treatment inflicted upon the Sylvari by several Asura.

The Nightmare Court-Inquest partnership actually had nothing to do with Scarlet. The “offshoot” of the Court working in the Steamspurs had an agreement going where they’d trade their husks, and probably hounds, to the Inquest in exchange for sylvari prisoners. I agree that they’d be unlikely to trust one of their own to Inquest hands.

in Lore

Darkbattlemage.9612

The Nightmare Court-Inquest partnership actually had nothing to do with Scarlet. The “offshoot” of the Court working in the Steamspurs had an agreement going where they’d trade their husks, and probably hounds, to the Inquest in exchange for sylvari prisoners. I agree that they’d be unlikely to trust one of their own to Inquest hands.

I wasn’t sure if they had an agreement prior to Scarlet’s appearance or after so I flipped a coin and got tails, thus I went with Scarlet was responsible. Thank you for the clarification.

in Lore

Posted by: perilisk.1874

perilisk.1874

I think I was unclear. They don’t go insane from corruption, but they can go insane (e.g. from torture). And when they do, it is reflected physically. This sort of mind-body connection seems similar to demons.

Uh… Sylvari are born in Tyria, not from the Mists. Their mind is part of the Dream, but it’s just their mind, and nothing has confirmed that they Dream of Dreams is the Mists yet.

The Dream is almost certainly within the Mists. It isn’t a purely psychological phenomenon, since a non-Sylvari can go there through a portal. What/where else would it be?

We already know from Nightfall that a realm within the mists can be shaped by a powerful enough mind or minds, and that demons can be born and shaped there. We know that Titans, in particular, can animate plant material along with fire, ice, etc.

And being something like a demon or titan (that is, a mistborn creature made incarnate in plant matter) would explain why they’re destroyed (technically, consumed) instead of corrupted.

Ceterum censeo Sentim Punicam esse delendam

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

I think I was unclear. They don’t go insane from corruption, but they can go insane (e.g. from torture). And when they do, it is reflected physically. This sort of mind-body connection seems similar to demons.

That’s not corruption, and their bodies don’t change when tortured or going insane.

Nor do demons’ bodies seem to change.

The Dream is almost certainly within the Mists. It isn’t a purely psychological phenomenon, since a non-Sylvari can go there through a portal. What/where else would it be?

We already know from Nightfall that a realm within the mists can be shaped by a powerful enough mind or minds, and that demons can be born and shaped there. We know that Titans, in particular, can animate plant material along with fire, ice, etc.

And being something like a demon or titan (that is, a mistborn creature made incarnate in plant matter) would explain why they’re destroyed (technically, consumed) instead of corrupted.

While I myself have theorized that the Dream is tied somehow to the Mists (part of it, perhaps), nothing really makes it “almost certain.”

However, when the sylvari are before birth, their body is within a pod – their mind is within the Dream, which takes the shape of places like Ogham Wilds. Pre-born sylvari certainly aren’t running about in Ogham Wilds, nor physically in some other place. The pods are not some sort of portal. Their pre-born experience is akin to the afterlife, in my opinion, or akin to the havrouns or Voices of Koda where their bodies remain in Tyria but their minds are in the Mists (for havrouns, this is called spirit walking).

And no, being a mistborn creature wouldn’t explain it, since we have no indication that demons are immune to Elder Dragon corruption. And besides, as explained, the sylvari are not mistborn. Their bodies remain in the pods until awakening – their mind, and mind alone, is within the Dream. Don’t believe me? Make a sylvari character and watch the intro cinematic. There will be scenes which show your character in her/his pod and then we get the tutorial which takes place within the Dream.

Dear ANet writers,

in Lore

Posted by: Lutinz.6915

Lutinz.6915

Its worth pointing out state of mind does seem to reflect on a Sylvari’s appearance. At least this was Arenanet’s explanation of the chance in appearance for Canach between the Lost Shores and Secrets of Southsun, attributed to the stress and strain caused by being constantly hunted by head hunters the Consortium sent.

in Lore

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

Its worth pointing out state of mind does seem to reflect on a Sylvari’s appearance. At least this was Arenanet’s explanation of the chance in appearance for Canach between the Lost Shores and Secrets of Southsun, attributed to the stress and strain caused by being constantly hunted by head hunters the Consortium sent.

Honestly I think that was just an excuse to make his appearance align with what they consider to be appropriately evil looking. I was really really disappointed by that change – it shouldn’t have happened. His appearance was great before.

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

They used it for more than Canach – they had it show with Scarlet too in the short story.

But they state that it’s a long-lasting or drastic psychological change. Still, their bodies don’t change to torture or going insane itself, though it certainly could (my mind slipped on remembering that). Still wasn’t corruption though, like it was claimed.

Dear ANet writers,

in Lore

Posted by: perilisk.1874

perilisk.1874

They used it for more than Canach – they had it show with Scarlet too in the short story.

Nightmare court tend to look different from other Sylvari as well (not always, since they can infiltrate), though that could just be a design choice to make them stand out. But if there is an actual canonical difference, then it would suggest that those psychologically-based changes are common.

Nor do demons’ bodies seem to change.

It isn’t something that is shown in-game, but they seem to be fairly Protean in nature, mainly reflecting whatever bits of thought and emotion they were born from (since we’ve mostly encountered torment demons so far, aside from the oni, they’ve all been quite nasty). It’s not too much of a stretch to think that if their personalities were somehow changed, their forms might change to reflect it, as the very end of this passage suggests:

“The protomatter that makes up the Mists strains toward creation, often spawning demonic creations in nightmarish forms. Not all creatures from the Mists are demonic, however. When the Mists come into contact with a suitable human template, for example, it can copy that form, creating a sentient entity with humanoid appearance and an almost human mind.

Razah is one such creation. It has sprung into being a fully-formed adult. It has the knowledge and capabilities of a human, but lacks common sense. As a result, it asks odd questions about human emotions, contemplates human motivations, and attempts to duplicate human mannerisms. Razah is a contradiction: more than human in some ways, and less than human in others. It needs an identity, a personality, and a purpose. Hopefully, it will find its purpose by working with a hero. Otherwise, it could degenerate into an abomination as monstrous and inhuman as its demonic brethren" — from the manual.

Well, strictly speaking, Razah isn’t a demon (but the distinction seems to be more about whether they’re evil than a difference in kind), he’s a… whatever the superclass is of things born from the mists. Is there an actual lore term, or do we stick with mistborn?

But regardless, remove the Pale Tree and the pods from the equation, and that passage could easily describe a newborn Sylvari (including their capability to become twisted to the cause of Nightmare). And a key part of Sylvari lore is Ventari and Ronan, and the template they provided for the Pale Tree and her children, suggesting that the Sylvari might have turned out very differently were it not for their influence. Some people have taken that to mean they were intended to be dragon minions, but dragon minions don’t have free will, and couldn’t change even if they wanted without the use of powerful magic such as the ritual used on Glint. A positive influence would, however, mean a great deal if they were mistborn.

Anyway, we don’t really know the relationship of Sylari minds and bodies. We do know from the Sylvari PS that their minds exist in the Dream, fully aware, before their bodies are born (“born” meaning out of the pod, the pod being an analogue for the womb). Once out, they retain a connection to the Dream, but at least as far as the in-game experience is concerned, they don’t actually return there in the same sense as they were before incarnation… well, invegetation. That being the case, it seems like the process of being born changes the relationship between mind and body somehow, from being in the Dream and connected to Tyria to the reverse.

Ceterum censeo Sentim Punicam esse delendam

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

It isn’t something that is shown in-game, but they seem to be fairly Protean in nature, mainly reflecting whatever bits of thought and emotion they were born from (since we’ve mostly encountered torment demons so far, aside from the oni, they’ve all been quite nasty). It’s not too much of a stretch to think that if their personalities were somehow changed, their forms might change to reflect it, as the very end of this passage suggests:

There’s a very big difference between “made reflecting what thought/emotion/somesuch they were born from” and “their appearance changes, after their birth, based on their psychological mentality.”

You forgot two demon types well encountered: Imps and dryders.

Torment demons appear to be incomplete copies of animals in which their insides and outsides are more or less switched. If you observe torment demons well enough, you’ll see that they appear to lack skin – bones and muscle are on the outside, exposed. Most torment demons anyways. You also see that those met in GW1 are born from the Stygian Veil – which is part of the land of the Realm of Torment itself, thus they are born from the flesh-like lands within the Mists.

Imps are rather draconian in appearance (at least in GW2) and are attuned to a specific element (thus seen: fire, shadow, and ice) – this attunement is determined by the magic they consume rather than the element they live in.

Dryders are spider-like and their appearance does seem somewhat reflected by their environment (though this may be more of a design choice than lore one).

Well, strictly speaking, Razah isn’t a demon (but the distinction seems to be more about whether they’re evil than a difference in kind), he’s a… whatever the superclass is of things born from the mists. Is there an actual lore term, or do we stick with mistborn?

Technically, he is a demon. Demons in GWverse is defined as – how you put it earlier – “mistborn” or simply “born from the Mists.” What Razah isn’t, is demonic – which is to be like a demon. That is to say, he isn’t so hellbent on causing anarchy and chaos or consuming life (which is what most demons are about).

But regardless, remove the Pale Tree and the pods from the equation, and that passage could easily describe a newborn Sylvari (including their capability to become twisted to the cause of Nightmare). And a key part of Sylvari lore is Ventari and Ronan, and the template they provided for the Pale Tree and her children, suggesting that the Sylvari might have turned out very differently were it not for their influence. Some people have taken that to mean they were intended to be dragon minions, but dragon minions don’t have free will, and couldn’t change even if they wanted without the use of powerful magic such as the ritual used on Glint. A positive influence would, however, mean a great deal if they were mistborn.

This doesn’t change the fact that they are not “mistborn.” They are not born from nor within the Mists.

And “take out the Pale Tree and pods from the equation”? Alright. Take out mothers and pregnancy from the equation of human reproduction. If you still get something being born, then it’d be getting made by the Mists by GWverse standards, more likely than not, thus be like Razah just infantile.

To just exclude cold hard facts to make your argument is something akin to what Fox News does. Produce biased results, sometimes outright lies. It is a very poor argument against anyone with a brain – and rather insulting to do, truth be told, since there’s a heavily implied “I think you’re too stupid to catch this” clause.

Anyway, we don’t really know the relationship of Sylari minds and bodies.

Nor do we even know if sylvari have souls – given that we’ve never seen such. Nor do we know that the Dream is truly part of the Mists, which your entire argument hinges upon.

Dear ANet writers,

in Lore

Posted by: Kio.8751

Kio.8751

I skipped page 2, rather, skimmed it, but I’ve noticed a disturbing lack of one semi-crucial piece of information: the elder dragons are nature incarnate; a living blizzard, a walking volcano… and their corruption stands as such. Whereas Zhaitan is death and corrupts death, Primordius burns, Jormag freezes, and Kralkatorrik crystalizes. Mordremoth, assuming that is his name, would obviously be living plant, or the very earth and soil beneath us, and the plantlife of the planet, and his corruption would be vile plantgrowth. Bubbles/DSD hasn’t been seen enough to see how its corruption would look, but there’s something obvious that I see in how the dragons corrupt.

Living flesh can be frozen, and is covered in ice; living flesh burns and smolders; living flesh rots, keeping decayed flesh and bone to remain; living flesh can be crystallized. But what happens when you present such destruction to a plant?

Plants decay and wither in extreme cold, especially frost; plants burn away leaving nothing behind at even the smallest flame; plants decay, and rot into near-dust; plants fail to grow with crystal and rock.

Is it really any question as to why sylvari, with a different bio makeup than all of the other races, react differently to nature’s influences? On the contrary, living flesh does not catch heart rot, does not have worms digging through their roots; any plant-related condition does not affect living flesh the way it does plant matter. By that standard, a living plant elder dragon, with its plant-based corruption, would corrupt plants.

Guild Wars 1 had orrians, destroyers, and svanir and glint, relative to their areas that foreshadow GW2’s elder dragons. What of the stalkers on the tarnished coast? What about Ronan finding the pale tree’s seed in a cave on the tarnished coast? The Tarnished Coast, that area in the Maguuma Jungle that would be Mordemoth’s sleeping body, growing a variety of unnatural plants, such as more living plants, the Sylvari.

From what is seen of the Nightmare Court, upon being forced to join, their mindset switches and they are forced to be loyal to the nightmare, and spreading nightmare as minions spread corruption. This may very well be entirely based on the fact that plants should NOT have sentience, destroying the one part of them that gives them life: the Dream of Dreams. Through the dream, they are able to spread corruption to the other sylvari. Of course, this part is just total speculation, and not deductive reasoning.

If that were the case, as seen in Twilight Arbor (sylvari calling for help inside pods, awaken as nightmare courtiers against their will), then there is a physical aspect behind the nightmare too. Plants to be used to corrupt plants, change their overall mindset and be endlessly loyal to a destructive nightmare.

Speaking of the nightmare, to relate it to dragon minions feeding on magic, does nobody question the Pale Tree’s gift of foresight and prophecy, the same as Glint had? Is this not some arcane magic provided at benefit of a greater magical presence in the area? Is the nightmare then not feeding off of this magic, the dream, to further its own goals and gather the knowledge of all life it attempts to control?

And what of Rata Sum? The asura did not build Rata Sum, but rather built on the ruins that were already there, ruins that were built because of a massive amount of natural magic in the area. Asura use this powerful magic to power their gate system, just as they used the magic emanating from the great destroyer – just a champion – to power the central transfer station. If there is a dragon/champion close to Rata Sum, then there is one close to the Grove, as they are so near each other.

We’ve already seen Kralkatorrik’s backbone in the charr homelands, we’ve faced Zhaitan; we know how big elder dragons can be, and how they can be composed. If there is a dragon that is living jungle and is near enough to Rata Sum and along the Metrica Province and Caledon Forest, it’s near enough to the sylvari to have at least a major effect on the sylvari, even if only the Nightmare Court.

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

I’ve noticed a disturbing lack of one semi-crucial piece of information: the elder dragons are nature incarnate; a living blizzard, a walking volcano… and their corruption stands as such. Whereas Zhaitan is death and corrupts death, Primordius burns, Jormag freezes, and Kralkatorrik crystalizes.

This is a common misconception.

ArenaNet loves to compare the Elder Dragons to forces of nature, but it’s just that – comparison. As in the Elder Dragons are similar to a blizzard or volcano or earthquake. That they are just as destructible and amoral, just as inevitable. And it’s true we’ve seen them cause such – Primordus supposedly caused Mount Maelstrom; Jormag’s known to have made a four year-long blizzard when he woke. Kralkatorrik even turned into a sandstorm – temporarily (for mere seconds each time) – but they are not these forces of nature. Jormag is not a living blizzard, etc.

Living flesh can be frozen, and is covered in ice; living flesh burns and smolders; living flesh rots, keeping decayed flesh and bone to remain; living flesh can be crystallized. But what happens when you present such destruction to a plant?

Plants decay and wither in extreme cold, especially frost; plants burn away leaving nothing behind at even the smallest flame; plants decay, and rot into near-dust; plants fail to grow with crystal and rock.

Is it really any question as to why sylvari, with a different bio makeup than all of the other races, react differently to nature’s influences? On the contrary, living flesh does not catch heart rot, does not have worms digging through their roots; any plant-related condition does not affect living flesh the way it does plant matter. By that standard, a living plant elder dragon, with its plant-based corruption, would corrupt plants.

The fault in this argument is that naturally, flesh does not turn into crystal, nor does it turn into ice (icebrood is more than just coated flesh with ice or being frozen – it’s the act of flesh slowly turning into corrupted ice itself); and on top of that, we see that plants in the Dragonbrand are affected no differently than animals and the dirt and rock itself. Jormag’s corruption affects not just living being, but natural ice, water, and the soil and even air. Zhaitan too, affects the soil, plants, water, and air.

A lot of people try to argue the sylvari immunity as “because they are plants – plant tissue reacts differently than animal tissue”. But does animal tissue react the same as rock, water, and air? And we see plant tissue reacting the same as animal tissue. Sylvari don’t react in the same manner to not just animals, but to other plants as well.

Guild Wars 1 had orrians, destroyers, and svanir and glint, relative to their areas that foreshadow GW2’s elder dragons. What of the stalkers on the tarnished coast? What about Ronan finding the pale tree’s seed in a cave on the tarnished coast? The Tarnished Coast, that area in the Maguuma Jungle that would be Mordemoth’s sleeping body, growing a variety of unnatural plants, such as more living plants, the Sylvari.

You do realize that plant creatures – stalkers included – were spread throughout not just the Maguuma Jungle, but Kryta, Ascalon, the Shiverpeaks, Elona, and Cantha. RIght? Stalkers alone reached into Elona.

But there’s no reason to believe they were tied to the Elder Dragons. Similarly, the Orrian undead of GW1 are unrelated to the Risen.

Not sure why you can so confidently pinpoint Mordremoth to the Tarnished Coast, which is a small sliver of an area of the Maguuma Jungle, which is what Mordremoth’s tied to (the full junlge, not the coast).

-more in next post-

Dear ANet writers,

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

This may very well be entirely based on the fact that plants should NOT have sentience

Scientific studies show that plants can react to danger the same way as animals do. Just saying.

And even then, many plants in the GWverse have sentience. Sapience, however….

Speaking of the nightmare, to relate it to dragon minions feeding on magic, does nobody question the Pale Tree’s gift of foresight and prophecy, the same as Glint had?

Glint was a mindreader, her ability to foresee the Flameseeker Prophecies is overall unknown though. On the flip side, the Pale Tree is tied to the Dream of Dreams – not unique to the sylvari as a reminder – which shows possible futures (much akin to the Infinity Ball does).

And what of Rata Sum? The asura did not build Rata Sum, but rather built on the ruins that were already there, ruins that were built because of a massive amount of natural magic in the area. Asura use this powerful magic to power their gate system, just as they used the magic emanating from the great destroyer – just a champion – to power the central transfer station. If there is a dragon/champion close to Rata Sum, then there is one close to the Grove, as they are so near each other.

Uh…. You got many facts wrong.

1. Rata Sum’s original ruins is just said to have been built by a magically adept group. There’s nothing saying why it was built there.
  2. The asura don’t have powerful magic to use in the Tarnished Coast. You’re thinking of them using the magic exuding from hibernating Primordus before Eye of the North and their exodus to the surface. There is no evidence to indicate they’re using any powerful magic in the area of the Tarnished Coast – in fact, the Statics asuran storyline hints to there being no such thing.
  3. They never used power from the Great Destroyer; as just stated, they used Primordus.
Dear ANet writers,

in Lore

Aaron Ansari.1604

I think Kio’s referring to the description of Rata Sum, which said something along the lines of “you can feel the geomystic generators sucking the magic out of the air”. That just means that they were utilizing the environmental magic, though- it doesn’t mean it was particularly powerful, though I’d argue that the variety of floating rocks in the area just might.

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

However, in a Making of Eye of the North or some similar such video, Jeff Grubb explained the story behind those floating rocks.

The magic of the Cataclysm affected not jut Orr, but also the Tarnished Coast (and Sparkfly Fen – perhaps what’s now Scavenger’s Causeway in retrospect), which resulted in the area having a higher concentration of magic during the time of Eye of the North – which in turn resulted in the floating rocks.

Said rocks have greatly reduced over time, being now only in three places, one of which is now an asuran lab full of magitech (Geomm’s Lab).

So it cannot be explained off as an Elder Dragon affecting the area (even excluding the fact that Primordus and Kralkatorrik had no similar effects on its natural area).

Dear ANet writers,