the mystery behind Tequatl

in Lore

Posted by: hunter steele.7836

hunter steele.7836

so what is the mystery behind tequatl? is he just a fun event that got release for no reason or there is an evil secret behind.

So we all know scarlet so well by now, but i don’t think she mentioned tequatl at all.

So what can this mean? there are a couple of explanations for this.

1- This is just an event that has nothing to do with the story of scarlet or anything else and it is just for fun.
2- Tequatl took all the power left from Zahitan and used it to form a final stand
3- Zahitan isn’t dead at all! and he is slowly making a comeback and Tequatl was just the beginning

Post your theories about this guys, what do you think is the mystery behind Tequatl getting so powerful?

in Lore

Posted by: Arleii.5304

Arleii.5304

ANet said that there is story behind it. I don’t think it is about Scarlet and I hope it’s the third option of yours. But there is this livinx vs. personal story again. If we get living story about comback of Zhaitan, there could be new players who are doing personal story, where they didn’t even defeat Zhatian yet. This is major problem but I don’t really see a way of fixing it. Maybe just saying that the personal story is happening before living or something like that.

Iin bhiin lan anath
. . .
ban galla nir

in Lore

Posted by: hunter steele.7836

hunter steele.7836

after scarlet story is finished they should extend the levels to 85 or 90 and add new zones with a new elder dragon (propably Mordermtoh due to Scarlet) and as well as a final Zahtian stand where we truly witness the killing of him.

in Lore

Posted by: Arleii.5304

Arleii.5304

If the next living story season will be about Elder Dragon, I think it will be most probably about Primordus, due to hints And if that is so, we should see Dominion of Winds and maybe Tengu as a playable race.

Iin bhiin lan anath
. . .
ban galla nir

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

All we know is that ArenaNet said that Tequatl’s power boost will be tied into the Living World storyline somehow.

My guess is a form of your option 2 – though he didn’t take “all” the power, he got a lot from Zhaitan’s corpse which will lead us to having to recover it and utilize the magic seeping from it in a similar manner that the Zephyrites had done to Glint’s corpse.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

after scarlet story is finished they should extend the levels to 85 or 90 ….

NO! no no no no no no no.

in Lore

Posted by: smekras.8203

smekras.8203

i’d like to see the level cap being raised to 100, but that’s just cause i’m ocd and it’s a nice round number. there’s really no need to raise the level cap at all.

on Teq; given that we’ve been told Zhaitan is dead, the most likely option is 2, as Konig said

Server: Kaineng | Guild: Blackflame Legion [BFL]
Perhaps the only RP-oriented guild on the server
Main Character: Farathnor (sylvari ranger) 1 of 22

in Lore

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

i’d like to see the level cap being raised to 100, but that’s just cause i’m ocd and it’s a nice round number. there’s really no need to raise the level cap at all.

on Teq; given that we’ve been told Zhaitan is dead, the most likely option is 2, as Konig said

Have we been told that? The devs have only used the term “defeated” not “killed” there’s a huge difference… I can defeat my friend in wrestling, but he’s still alive….

@OP, I don’t think Zhaitan is dead, I’m almost positive he’s still alive , weak, very badly wounded, but alive and he’s angry and gaining in strength.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

Trahearne and Destiny’s Edge does say that the fight with Zhaitan is over and members of the Pact in the party during Victory or Death does say the dragon is dead.

I don’t think the collective half of Tyria would be stupid enough to not check for a pulse on Zhaitan.

Anti-climatic end, sure, but an end.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Posted by: zwierz.9012

zwierz.9012

Does Zhaitan even has a pulse?

After all, he is the undead dragon, maybe he still lingers, chopped into little pieces that players made their armour of? Maybe every little shard of zhaitan is alive, waiting to take control and corrupt of the heroes that have “slain” him?

Maybe each and every player wearing Arah armour set is a ticking corruption bomb, just waiting to happen? After all, players tend to accumulate magic items!

We’re doomed, we thought we kiled the dragon, in fact, we only made his feeding easier! That explains the zerg trains all over Tyria! We’re doomed!

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

I really hate when people use that argument. He is the Elder Undeath Dragon, not the undead Elder Dragon. And even then, he has no more unique influence over undeath than Jormag does, who is known to corrupt corpses as well. Zhaitan is called the Elder Undeath/Death Dragon not because he is undead himself but because he primarily corrupts the dead and 99% of his minions are animated corpses. If one were to title him properly to the theme of his corruption, it would be “Elder Decay Dragon” given how his minions are instantly rotten and decayed, and even the living or landscape that’s influenced by his corruption is rotten or decayed.

Zhaitan is no more undead than Jormag is ice or Kralkatorrik crystal or Primordus fire.

Dear ANet writers,

in Lore

zwierz.9012

I know, I know. My post was a feeble attempt at humour, I thought it was quite visible, but apparently wasn’t so.

Well, to be 100% sure: I do not try to imply in any way that any of what I described is going to happen, or is a valid theorem. It was a tinfoil hat gag, taking roots from many a paranoid idea that floats around. Bows, tips hat

After all, we all know that Zhaitan’s corpse will be reanimated by Scarlet using remnants of candy elementals to replace missing flesh, and she will claim ORr as her main base of operation, and turn it to a theme park, of course.

in Lore

Posted by: smekras.8203

smekras.8203

if that happens, can we just nuke Orr from orbit and be done with it? it sounds like a silly place

Server: Kaineng | Guild: Blackflame Legion [BFL]
Perhaps the only RP-oriented guild on the server
Main Character: Farathnor (sylvari ranger) 1 of 22

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

For the merit of it, I got the later half was a joke, but I wasn’t sure on the first bit. :P

Dear ANet writers,

in Lore

zwierz.9012

I am vague like that sometimes, no worries!

in Lore

Posted by: Lonami.2987

Lonami.2987

Tequatl Rising should have had no story at all. It’s cheap :/.

Elonian elite specialization ideas: El: Dervish
M: Bladedancer – N: Scourge – En: Occultist – Ra: Swampstalker
T: Sharpshooter – G: Sunspear – Re: Hierophant – W: Corsair

in Lore

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

As long as they provide fun content with a challange bound to it, I see no problem in even ressurecting Zhaitan or Abaddon for the sake of very good fight mechanics

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Lore

Posted by: soterios.3968

soterios.3968

I believe they mention teq stirring because of activity in orr, so its most likely his power up is before zhaitian been defeated story wise. Like hes notice the pact are closing in on his master, so started raging.

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

Except that it isn’t soterios. Rox is present and the Warmaster Narru mentions Southsun Cove. The karka invasion of Lion’s Arch – and thus the discovery of Southsun Cove – was explicitly stated to be post-Zhaitan’s defeat; this in turn means that Flame and Frost happens after Zhaitan’s defeat because it deals with Southsun Cove at the end (at the very least, the third month of F&F is post-Zhaitan), and Rox talked about F&F events at Tequatl Rising so we know that Tequatl Rising is post-Flame and Frost, which we know by logical deduction based from a developer comment is post-Zhaitan, ergo Tequatl Rising is post-Zhaitan.

Dear ANet writers,