While I am not an expert, i’ve been an avid fan of Gw1 lore and getting ever so often bits of answers in Gw2 to long forgotten mysteries always gets me hyped to the point where i tell myself that i was right to stick with the game despite the whole Scarlet incident. I’m posting here in the hopes of either confirmation or denial of the dots i’ve connected, eitherway it’s peace of mind or rather the confidence of asking the right questions in the future, i’m after.
a. humans are aliens to this world brought here through the mists by the 6 gods
b. the 6 gods preceeded us taking dominion/reshaping of this world before we arrived
c. the 6 gods focused on humans while seeing native species as tools, nuisance or prey
d. humans multiplied like locaust and overpopulated gw1 until the rise of the dragons
I believe these statements to be accurate allthough please tell me wrong if not and why i’m mistaking. Based on these statements, the foreseeable twist in the gw2 story line bugging my brain would be that by fighting Baltha we humans realize that we are actually fighting ourselves, that we are part of the problem rather than the solution and that our mere presence causes the inbalance which ultimatly dooms this world.
Reasons that nag at me, as to beeing right about this, are the following dots :
1. I never baught the part about the birth of Razah beeing a mere copy of the first specie that happend to trigger the anomalie/forge or whatever this device was in the realm of torment. It would make more sense that the device was stuck in its latest configuration from long ago before we happen to stumble upon it.
2. While it is mostly assumed that humans left a dying planet to come to tyria, is this actually canon lore ? Are there clear indication that humans could not have originated from the mists as a genuine creation (or recreation as part of a noa arks safeguard) by the 6 gods in their own image.
3. The 6 gods were initially depictaed with armor, hoods and whatnot hiding their actual appearance (not talking about the statues in later human settlements, but about the murals backdated to when they walked among us) which always begged the question if they were human-like or not. With the newly added appearance of bearded Baltha (genuine look after shattering his active illusions), its pretty clear that he has striking ressemblance with humans.
4. Kormir’s compatibility to become Abbadon successor, apparently this was worth a long and patient wait to have ideal conditions, hence beeing human could be seen as a pre-requirement on top of other specifics.
5. Impossibility for humans to interbreed with native species while Dwayna did have a son with a human (everything we know points at Melchior, allthough debatable).
6. All native species have predominant beast-like features (norns beeing the exception but still rumored to be distant offspring from Kodans and with strong ties to animal spirits) which lets humans kinda stand out in the crowd. The only apparent genetic ressemblance on tyria older than the first humans beeing therefor the 6 gods.
7. Other humanoid, more human alike occurences always having strong ties to the mists (the giant we free at the end of one of the fractals, the ley-line anomalies we chase after for the shadowstone, lord Odran first to explored the mists, etc).
8. The fact that in all logic (even from an underdogs point of view) asuras should be the pre-dominant intellectual specie of tyria (much like irl humans versus dinosaures) if it wasn’t for outerwordly interference by the 6 gods disturbing the natural selection.
If we are honest, all our heroics since gw1 and throughout gw2 have caused more harm than good to the health of the planet. The new expansion might be the moment we will get the nasty bill for what we have been doing up until now.
Finally, the new attitude of Baltha, given this scenario, is perfectly in line. He doesn’t care about the planet or it natives inhabitants, not even about humans since he can recreate a human population anew from the mists after clearing his agenda.
Thanks for all your thoughts on this topic, bad or good, both are welcome.
(edited by Goullmir.6490)