*what if* theory.

*what if* theory.

in Lore

Posted by: ZidZabre.7256

ZidZabre.7256

Enter, humans.

Not native to Tyria, and is arriving from another world, by the human “gods”.

So what really happened and why did the humans end up on tyria?

What if, the human gods, where engaged in a battle with eacother of epic proportions, and the human race on their world got caught in the cross-fire.
So after this supposed war the six remaining humans gods alive(implying there had to be an entire race of them.) took pity on humankind, as their world was layed to waste due to the war.

So they approched the surviving humans, guided them trough the mists into Tyria.

Or what if, the human gods where humans themself at one point, and their world was filled with magic, in fact so much that it got abused, and drove mankind into a civil war, which inturn destroyed their homeworld, and so some of these humans, created a way to absord the magic into their own being, and therefor ascended into "god"hood, and then took the remaining humans to Tyria, in search of a new home.

This would be lore pre dating, known human lore, and yes i know Grenth took Dhuums place, so Grenth would not be one of the original gods.

Thoughts anyone?

*what if* theory.

in Lore

Posted by: Brother Dulfite.5793

Brother Dulfite.5793

What if the Pale Tree is actually the grandchild of Abaddon’s left toe?

*what if* theory.

in Lore

Posted by: Drakenvold.9761

Drakenvold.9761

be nice Dulfite,hte man is just theorycrafting and asking for thoughts

*what if* theory.

in Lore

Posted by: NinjaChris.9340

NinjaChris.9340

Do you have any evidence that supports your theorem? Because I can’t think of anything.
Also, is this question/theorem worthwhile to entertain? Would it add something to the GW lore/experience? Your proposition is theoretically possible but without any merit there is no point to proposing it.
Lastly, as a general rule for good theorycrafting, I think you need to go a bit more in-depth. What lead you to this idea, what do you think would spring forth from it, your opinions etc.
Otherwise other people don’t have much to go on.

*what if* theory.

in Lore

Posted by: KeyLimPi.9031

KeyLimPi.9031

Better theory!

Humanity was brought to Tyria by the “gods”. The Gods are hyper-advanced AI from a spaceship humans were on. Space ship crashlanded and people were de-frosted from cryo-sleep. Humans confuse the AI as gods and start worshipping them. Magic is really techno-magic. The Starfleet Charter says that without Warp Drive, they cannot involve themselves in the affairs of the planet. Starfleet is watching us and studying. Disappearance of the gods is the warp core running out of juice and no longer being able to project their forms.

TL;DR : Lost in Space x Star Trek x 2001: A Space Odyssey explains how humans came to be.

And just so everyone is clear, yes this is a joke.

*what if* theory.

in Lore

Posted by: Miss Sugarific.8471

Miss Sugarific.8471

unrelated to topic Zid zabre……. Hmmmmm! You’re name is familiar.

*what if* theory.

in Lore

Posted by: Fafnir.5124

Fafnir.5124

what if an elder dragon attacks a city/fly bye how awsome would a seige like that to play through as a living story arch.

*what if* theory.

in Lore

Posted by: Ouimette.5902

Ouimette.5902

I’d say pretty much everything before 10,000 BE can be only theories. As much as interesting this thread can be it’s so long before anything Anet has even touched(afaik) so it will only remain a theory and IF now that would be the case, I don’t see how humans on tyria would be affected by it.