Event lag [Merged]

Event lag [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: MajorMelchett.6042

MajorMelchett.6042

Sorry but i’m out, the event is just to frustrating you die instantly because of lag, skills won’t work, there is loads of rubberbanding and it’s just a pain to watch.

I hope to god there is no majr reward at the end of this part of the event as it’s just to much to do it.

Zilori: Guardian – Desolation.
Zarturo: Elemental – Desolation.

Event lag [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Daendur.2357

Daendur.2357

how this could be considered fun ?
can’t do anything … sometimes, randomly, a skill works then you are down and istantly defeated … now i have to repair all my equip …
Anet, is this you best?

Black Thunders [BT] – Gandara

Event lag [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Parvati.5780

Parvati.5780

After at least 20 disconnects and being killed while not being able to use any skills, or even being able to waypoint to res. I log in again to a overflow (again) where the event has been completed.

Thanks so much anet for sliding showing me to death and not letting me partake in the event I logged in for.

Event lag [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Zarek.9321

Zarek.9321

Way too much lag. I rubberbanded to the same place for like 10 min. I couldn’t cast any skills or even auto attack. I think you guys should try to get around this server lag issue, otherwise your going to loose a lot of players. Nice intro animation though!

Event lag [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Jaxxeh.8614

Jaxxeh.8614

This is pointless and dumb, an abject failure. Unplayable.

Event lag [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Xym.9417

Xym.9417

And the quest had about 5% left and the game crashes. Hard to find the words for this epic event.

Event lag [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: White Raven.4368

White Raven.4368

Welcome to Lag Shores. I just wished Mr & Mrs shelly froze like I did.Because after the lag spike I would be dead.

Desolation [LOST]Lost in Socks Guild.

Event lag [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Mephane.8496

Mephane.8496

Now the event failed in the overflow I am in.

Event lag [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: balwin.1435

balwin.1435

Yes, the last 30 minutes were some of the most disappointing time in GW2 so far for me. Unbearable lag, can’t activate a skill, can’t interact (or next to nothing) with anything ang get disconnected every few minutes. And if I could do something, I’m dead.
Very disappointing to not be able to participate in this event.
I’m surprised to see players around me, who seems to be able to do something.

Event lag [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Melonbrew.9681

Melonbrew.9681

Lag is getting better, Can hit things now lol

Event lag [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: urtv.8791

urtv.8791

doesnt matter if they are addressing the problem.the event is one time only.by the time they are done the event would be over

Event lag [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Krone.4605

Krone.4605

what the F are you doing aNET

Event lag [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: MrChipper.1594

MrChipper.1594

Pathetic at almost every level. Have bailed on this one and will try again tomorrow. Highest concurrency my kitten

Event lag [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: MajorMelchett.6042

MajorMelchett.6042

That could be because people are leaving the area to get away from the lag.

Zilori: Guardian – Desolation.
Zarturo: Elemental – Desolation.

Event lag [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Parvati.5780

That could be because people are leaving the area to get away from the lag.

Or they are being kicked to character select and end up in a different over flow :/

Event lag [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: CC Eva.6742

CC Eva.6742

Community Coordinator

Hello guys.

I have proceed to merge the threads that are talking about the lag in Lost Shores. Rest assured that the team is working on it.

Thanks for your patience!

Event lag [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Mimir.4690

Mimir.4690

Hello guys.

I have proceed to merge the threads that are talking about the lag in Lost Shores. Rest assured that the team is working on it.

I am not participating in the event at the moment (although I’ll be jumping on in a few minutes), however it seems that for most servers, the event has already been completed. So how would working on the lag help for this particular one-time event?

Event lag [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: sorae.7394

sorae.7394

By far the most enjoyable event I have participated in. It was nice standing around and watching my character do nothing for 5 minutes, and then spontaneously die. Then after being told to relog to get into a different overflow, I end up in one where the event is already over.

Thank you ANet.

Event lag [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Debsylvania.7396

Debsylvania.7396

Alrighty, then. Not being able to log in til later tonight doesn’t seem so bad now, after all.

Deb ~The Chewbacca Defense [TCD];
Waiting For Death [WFD]
@ Borlis Pass Server

Event lag [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Cathgar.7581

Cathgar.7581

Bit late to be working on it after the event is over.

If your doing these sorts of events at least consider making sure your network can handle it.

Event lag [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Yuudai.5268

Yuudai.5268

Event lag [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: pricer.5091

pricer.5091

Precisely. This sucks in a way I have not experienced in nearly 20 years of games playing.

Event lag [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: orlen.7810

orlen.7810

that’s nice.

but shouldn’t the devs plan ahead and have overhead on bandwidth and so forth for this type of thing?

not being funny but the lag is far from amusing.

trying to explain it without resorting to foul language isn’t actually that easy either…

Event lag [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: vaknyuszi.5602

vaknyuszi.5602

ye lagged for the whole Whiteside Ridge it was a lagfest

Event lag [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: frogshake.2419

frogshake.2419

You’re working on it? So nice of you considering the event is already over. I’d suggest you work on events of this scale beforehand making sure it runs smoothly, but what do I know…

Event lag [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: YojimboJones.6243

YojimboJones.6243

Just mirroring the same as what other people have said. Unbearable lag. Unplayable content. I thought things were bad on my computer, at least players/monsters started to show after standing in the same spot for 40+ seconds. But my girlfriend was playing behind me on her worse PC and could only see spell effects. And both of us had 5-20 sec lag on skill activation.

I feel bad for anyone who is doing a free trail of this game and this is one of their early experiences with Guild Wars 2. Please take all of this feedback into consideration going forward ArenaNet.

Yojimbo Jones: Norn Warrior
Niv Wizzet: Asura Engineer
[EMP] – Jade Quarry

Event lag [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: fixit.7189

fixit.7189

Had good fps, more or less. But the input lag, wow…harsh.

As caster I could barely tag anything due to this. None of my skills except Fireball would cast. I got 24 mob kills total in all of that.

Wish I went melee, at least i could like stand there and jam on #1 key and maybe win.

Event lag [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: bjchase.3074

bjchase.3074

Hello guys.

And what are you to say to the people who will miss this event because they are “patiently” waiting for you to fix an event that should have been better planned resource wise? Patience is not an infinite thing.

Stormbluff Isle
Straight Outta Kryta [KRTA]
I fart in your general direction

Event lag [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: enos.1580

enos.1580

The thing is, I don’t really blame anet’s server team for this. Even Blizzard doesn’t do events like this, you know why? Because there’s not a server system in existance that can handle that much stuff at once.

WoW tried this ONCE. Years and years ago, a large server-wide event to open the AQ gates, culminating in a one-time event in one zone. Every single server that ran the event crashed without fail.

I mean, I give anet props for reaching high. It looked like it would have been a pretty neat event if it was playable. It’s just inexperience showing trying to run something like this, when history has shown we don’t have the server technology to handle it.

—Arakny, 80 Engineer
—Tarnished Coast

Event lag [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: WeLoveKanjimari.6725

WeLoveKanjimari.6725

Did Anet really think that putting 50 billion players all within 40 feet of each other would work out well?

Ancient Karka part of the event is entirely broken, as well. It shows up, there’s a cutscene (…for most people. I didn’t get one.), and then it disappears without anybody fighting it.

So much for epic one time event. You advertised this event to hell and back all over major gaming sites and this is what it was? Lag and more lag, then broken Event One finale?

Event lag [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: CharrGirl.7896

CharrGirl.7896

Anet, I have 2 suggestions and please consider it:

1) Add multiple districts like you did in GW1. During events in GW1 I never experienced lag in cities where main events were happening because they would have as well as over 30 districts. I vouched for this idea before, and some other people did and clearly this would help with solving the horrible servers.

2) Add an option to hide players. Aion did this, with simple Ctrl+F12 key if i remember , and that would reduce lag in group raids/sieges. You could only see names but not the player models.

Event lag [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Parvati.5780

Hello guys.

The event is over, you have nothing to work. ‘Cept maybe preventing this from happening again please? People like I logged in to play your one-time event and we simply couldn’t play it. Between skills not starting, not able to resurrect yourself by waypoints, getting kicked to character select and then after all of that to find out that it’s over in the instance you get kicked into. I had no fun. In fact, I could have just watched the FMV on youtube and avoided the stress.

Event lag [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: hawk.8906

hawk.8906

unbelibable lag so bad, got disconected 5 times put in 5 different over flows and still failed. So guess same time 2moro for mor lag and dc very unfortunate=(

(edited by hawk.8906)

Event lag [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

My advice to anet is to hold the events until you can support the events. The lag was so bad my spells didn’t even register as far as I could tell so I just spammed buttons—occasionally things fired off. It was not an enjoyable experience. I am happy with the ambition to provide interesting content but you have some basic foundational programming and infrastructure work to do before you can actually pull off something like lost shores. I will be sitting out the remainder of the event as I don’t want to go through anything like that again.

Event lag [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Yuudai.5268

Yuudai.5268

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/lostshores/An-idea-for-future-events-such-as-this/first#post760479 comment on this friends

maybe with enough people talking about it, we could get them to be better prepared for this types of events

Event lag [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Mr Crazy Moose.5760

Mr Crazy Moose.5760

I really doubt anybody is being patient so there’s no point thanking us.

A lot of us never saw the ending of the event or even saw it progress beyond being a small way into the collecting stage.

Event lag [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Future.8641

Future.8641

Brilliant. After the cutscene, got disconnected. The following 30 minutes was me continuously hopping between unplayable servers and disconnects. After long struggles I managed to attack a Karka and loot it for the event item. Then I spent another good amount of time to actually hand it in (this took me 4 disconnects and different overflows) Until I got into a server where the event was over. I never got to hand them in, I never saw the ending cinematic. I never really participated for that matter.

Honestly Arenanet, I thought you failed with the Halloween “one time event” – but this thing eats the icing of a very very rotten cake.

“I greet you like the sun greets the morning.” – Kodan

Event lag [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Zimlobo.3962

Zimlobo.3962

Precisely. This sucks in a way I have not experienced in nearly 20 years of games playing.

So you weren’t around for the Diablo III launch apparently…

Event lag [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: TurtleofPower.5641

TurtleofPower.5641

I did not DC or crash but the sluggishness of gameplay for a half hour was pretty bad.

They need to think about this stuff and how it effects us. It’s kind of annoying to take the time to take part in something and have it be executed in a poor manner.

Event lag [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Jezath.7395

Jezath.7395

yeh REALLY really silly, i cant beleive it. in fact im utterly flabbergasted thjat anet actually asked everyone to be online at the same time then couldent handle what they had planned and asked for.....

Im really upset, i was a really big avoice advocating this one time event now io feel betrayed hurt and ive logged out and wopnt log in again till we get a response to this silly silly silly idea...

Tis not what they can do for you
Tis only what you can do for all

Event lag [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

Event starts at 4am over here, I stayed up for this =(

And I main a ranger =(

Faith can only take me so far…

Event lag [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

orlen.7810

The thing is, I don’t really blame anet’s server team for this. Even Blizzard doesn’t do events like this, you know why? Because there’s not a server system in existance that can handle that much stuff at once.

WoW tried this ONCE. Years and years ago, a large server-wide event to open the AQ gates, culminating in a one-time event in one zone. Every single server that ran the event crashed without fail.

I mean, I give anet props for reaching high. It looked like it would have been a pretty neat event if it was playable. It’s just inexperience showing trying to run something like this, when history has shown we don’t have the server technology to handle it.

oh the tech exists, it’s just not cheap think billions and you might get close to a server that could run several million concurrent connections asking for that sort of bandwidth and you might be getting close.

add to that all concurrent users would have to be on fibre broadband and it would be doable

in fact some of the top servers would probably sniffle a little at doing it, they may even think oo i’m being used a little in this small corner.

but that would require more money than most game companies make in 10 years and something only places like the US department of energy would dare spend that kind of money on.

Event lag [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Aye.8392

Aye.8392

Man, that has seriously got to hurt the team. I’m sorry for them

Sometimes a little bit of empathy goes a long way…

www.AlchemyIncorporated.net
Sorrows Furnace

Event lag [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: DinosaurIRL.2498

DinosaurIRL.2498

Haha this was hilarious, I managed to stay on for all of it, after everyone got lagged up I was able to use a few of my abilities with only a 10 second delay. Karka will live in infamy.

Event lag [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

The thing is Anet have managed it in GW1. They regularly had events which encouraged everyone to be in the same place at the same time and I never saw lag like this.

They managed it by limiting each map to a certain number of players and creating new instances as needed which new arrivals were automatically added to. Basically every server had an infinate number of overflows which increased or decreased as needed.

I don’t understand why they didn’t do the same thing with this game.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Event lag [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

orlen.7810

So you weren’t around for the Diablo III launch apparently…

no self respecting gamer bought diablo 3…or admited they bought it after the disaster that the entire of that game is.

but that aside this isn’t a game launch here this is a content update and a poorly done one at that.

edit: but yes as someone points out above the devs must be gutted, and i do feel for them, they had this grand plan and idea that should have been brilliant and i do have some empathy for them at a time when it has all gone wrong.

happens to the best of them.

(edited by orlen.7810)

Event lag [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: bradderzh.2378

bradderzh.2378

Event starts at 4am over here, I stayed up for this =(

And I main a ranger =(

Faith can only take me so far…

I’m going to bed, feel for ya. I am in the same time zone

In reference to ascended items:
Nar: I love that it will take me time and money to
reach the same level I’m at right now… …said no one, ever.

Event lag [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: yurtshone.7325

yurtshone.7325

What a comedy of a games company you are turning out to be! Shameful terrible event.

Event lag [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Aphix.9846

Aphix.9846

150mb and 20s delay.

Don’t get how Anet keeps failing like this. It’s obvious that absolutely loads of people gona attend this, so why not think ahead ? Because of the lag it was a complete disaster.

Died 4 times, means I lost 40 minutes and 6 silver. Great stuff.

Event lag [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: drake.2135

drake.2135

I didn’t mind the lag, what I did mind was gw2 consuming 58% of my 10GB RAM lol

“The beginning is the beginning. The end is also the beginning.”
~Drake from Blackgate