in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Celestea.4105

Celestea.4105

Even still seems to be running.

New build available

Posted by: Csele.1647

Csele.1647

we got owned big time.. something to never forget..

New build available

Posted by: Zelta.6829

Zelta.6829

This is what happens when the game is F2P, they have 0 staff to do anything.

New build available

Posted by: CrossFire.8037

CrossFire.8037

Attempted the event 3 times now, still have not finished it.

New build available

Posted by: Esrever.8613

Esrever.8613

THIS IS JUST KITTEN kitten

sllaw eht no nettirw gnihtemos saw ecno ereht

New build available

Posted by: DemonCow.5328

DemonCow.5328

And ANet shows a big middle finger to everyone.

Thanks guys! /sarcasm

[TI] Taking Initiative- Tarnished Coast
Guild Leader
takinginitiative.enjin.com

New build available

Posted by: Lucky Thirteen X.4210

Lucky Thirteen X.4210

Found a working overflow for the phase 3 event.
“New build available”
A big F U to you Anet, thanks!

Told you all it was all on a timer. Nothing we can do about it. Sigh At least now I know how ArenaNET works and runs Guild Wrs 2. This has been VERY enlightening.

New build available

Posted by: pandabuds.8017

pandabuds.8017

Wow. So after multiple disconnects and then trying to find a server each time after the disconnect that still has the event going and space, this new build comes out, so after 5 to 6 hours of effort, some of us still get nothing…

I have not been so frustrated…

New build available

Posted by: Alucielyse.4791

Alucielyse.4791

This happens when people jump to alts and farms it over and over and over and over and over again.

Zaelith

New build available

Posted by: ArrowInKnee.4369

ArrowInKnee.4369

Wish it was 10minutes…we were fighting the boss when it reset -.-

New build available

Posted by: huki.8251

huki.8251

Trolling that knows no bounds.

Attachments:

New build available

Posted by: Skapocalypse.5236

Skapocalypse.5236

Anet that’s a new low.

Skapocalypse/SkaP

New build available

Posted by: Absolutionis.9427

Absolutionis.9427

This was one of the most disappointing countdowns I’ve witnessed. It was like witnessing a train crash in slow-motion. Except I was in the train…

Attachments:

(edited by Moderator)

New build available

Posted by: Jahva.1895

Jahva.1895

Presumably you were having fun, dying repeatedly, in that poorly designed event. So they had to issue a patch to boot you from the event, for your own good.

New build available

Posted by: Joel.6587

Joel.6587

Was almost 2hr into the event, new build went in…yea..

New build available

Posted by: TheUltimateBackStabber.4863

TheUltimateBackStabber.4863

Just created a topic because it was still running, but now I won’t be able to participate at all like in the Halloween event:/

Asuran race is the best… +
Fluttershy #1 :)

New build available

Posted by: Dand.8231

Dand.8231

Wow. Was working when the event happened. Spent all day, and FINALLY got to an overflow where the event was going… and after a few hours of the event, RIGHT at the end.. NEW BUILD?!

SERIOUSLY?!

New build available

Posted by: Eis.6984

Eis.6984

At what point to we dismiss poor execution as the excuse, and decide Arenanet is actively hostile to the playerbase?

New build available

Posted by: Esrever.8613

Esrever.8613

4 hours of my life wasted and didn’t even get to finish event once..

sllaw eht no nettirw gnihtemos saw ecno ereht

New build available

Posted by: Airyk.9803

Airyk.9803

This happened to many of us. I feel your pain.

(edited by Airyk.9803)

New build available

Posted by: BananaStand.3764

BananaStand.3764

Wow. So after multiple disconnects and then trying to find a server each time after the disconnect that still has the event going and space, this new build comes out, so after 5 to 6 hours of effort, some of us still get nothing…
I have not been so frustrated…

Pretty much this. Had D/C issues (out of my control). Was only trying to complete the event on my 1 main character (not farming it) spent hours trying to get back into overflows after D/Cs. Was 2 hours into the event and get a new build before the chest leaving me with nothing but repair bills and wasted time. I really hope something can be done about this b/c that was very poor practice.

There’s always money in the…

New build available

Posted by: Dand.8231

Dand.8231

New build available

Posted by: sil.4160

sil.4160

I wasted 4+ hrs on this. I attempt to complete this event 3-4 times on various overflow severs but crashed every time in the middle of it, which then send me to a different overflow at a different stage of the event. 5 mins ago. I thought I could finally complete it and arena.net introduce a new build with less than 2 misn warning and end the event for good.

I know some ppl who completed the event 3 times and I couldn’t even finish it once

(edited by sil.4160)

New build available

Posted by: Ulquiorra.6903

Ulquiorra.6903

kitten u anet….all my rage and hatred….i award it to you. gratz.

New build available

Posted by: Mekat.5012

Mekat.5012

To be fair, this isn’t exactly their fault… since the active overflow is obviously a workaround that players figured out on their own.

Mind you, the fact that people weren’t able to do the event properly in the first place is their fault.

New build available

Posted by: Ekleipsis.4820

Ekleipsis.4820

Final fight.. after a d/c and making it back ..

T_T … d/c at end of cutscene.. also wouldn’t have made it after new build anyway..

Attachments:

New build available

Posted by: Phoenix.6735

Phoenix.6735

Game took a dump for the 1st mass restart and less than an hour later took a dump again on me with the new “patch”. Genius!

New build available

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I feel so, SO bad for you guys. I’m from Australia, so I was lucky enough to fall in that thin window of opportunity where I could do the event and still head to work afterwards. I had no level 80 characters, so the Rares and Exotics I got were mostly worthless, but missing out on a unique event + a 20 slot bag and a powerful level 80 Exotic accessory? This is totally unfair to people in Asia/Oceania.

I’ve made a long list of suggestions and feedback to ANet about this whole fiasco in the feedback thread. I REALLY hope they take it to heart and do something about it for Wintersday. (And hopefully give you guys a chance to complete this event too!)

New build available

Posted by: BMW.2951

BMW.2951

WOWWWWWWWWWWWW Anet! People have lives like me, i had to work on my friends car earlier so i couldnt make it at 12pst time. 30 minutes ago I finally made it into an overflow with the event happening. You guys did a new build to get rid of the event… you shouldnt of booted anyone until all servers was done with events. Im pissed.

Character- [KnT] Masta Yodaa
Asura Thief
Server- Beastgate

New build available

Posted by: Stephapanda.5804

Stephapanda.5804

New build available

Posted by: derv of doom.6352

derv of doom.6352

Yea i finally find out that i still have a chance to do the event thats dropping recursors of all things and get in only to be booted out for an update which had literally NOTHING in it. You need to figure out some form of compensation cuase this is just bullkitten.

KnT Beastgate

New build available

Posted by: aibaby.2307

aibaby.2307

I think for me personally, not finishing event, new build, etc aside.. is no word yet from Anet on what is going on..

New build available

Posted by: RedBaron.6058

RedBaron.6058

Well, this is the cherry on top of the ice cream…something needs to be done to give the opportunity once again to complete the last event and get the rewards.

Best regards,

Red

“Blackadder: If you want something done properly, kill Baldrick before you start.”

New build available

Posted by: Brian Kuts.3701

Brian Kuts.3701

How are we be credited fo this event???? I was on my Guardian.. Mystic Lovelace.. We Kille teh Acient Karka and then the cut scene.. if it was nto for the cut scene i would have touch the chest and got the reward. I feel rather cheated..

I hope to get the items placed in my inventory this week.. Who do I follow up with on this correction?

New build available

Posted by: Dempsey.8760

Dempsey.8760

Yeah it’s a pisser, phase 1? laggy as hell, most of the NPCs didnt work, event 2 was “ok” and event 3 was so difficult to find a server to complete, (even after I thought i missed it because it was in the middle of the work day for people with lives) then a new build to ruin the almost complete server that i had found, 1 step away just before the cave and then bam disconnect for new build….

New build available

Posted by: VeNoM.8246

VeNoM.8246

Trolling that knows no bounds.

Lol at me saying “why .. WHY” =)

New build available

Posted by: Higante.8429

Higante.8429

I’ve completed this event twice, but I feel really sorry that you guys didn’t get the chance to even do it once… or was very close to completing it.

They need to give you guys compensation of some sort.

New build available

Posted by: Owningtheair.8493

Owningtheair.8493

This happens when people jump to alts and farms it over and over and over and over and over again.

Pretty sure the number of people who were even able to do that would be a fraction of the number of people who were participating in the event but never managed to finish it. So few people managed to get it done once without a crash, restart, bug or whatever else stopping them and you’re going to blame fictional people you made up who went through faultlessly again and again to collect Dawns

New build available

Posted by: winterain.8435

winterain.8435

Phase3 of the event really felt like it left a gaping hole in my heart.. after d/cing from the event at 5am my time, only to join back a overflow that just started. And then later on on ‘extended-overflow’ got cut off by the event termination. Really disappointed.. not at Anet per se, but at how things turned out in general..

New build available

Posted by: Antisceptic.9174

Antisceptic.9174

Day 1, never got the events or NPCs to work.
Day 2, meh.
Day 3, never got to do the event because I was booted by a new patch while doing the event for first time.

Originally this update was a huge disappointment. Now my disappointment has turned to loathing. Kittens, so many kittens.

New build available

Posted by: DanceLikeDarwin.2943

DanceLikeDarwin.2943

How hard was it to let ongoing events finish and just stop new overflow servers? Thanks for ruining the event.

New build available

Posted by: BMW.2951

BMW.2951

I’ve completed this event twice, but I feel really sorry that you guys didn’t get the chance to even do it once… or was very close to completing it.

They need to give you guys compensation of some sort.

I agree with you totally man. I didnt even get the chance.

Character- [KnT] Masta Yodaa
Asura Thief
Server- Beastgate

New build available

Posted by: sil.4160

sil.4160

Arena.net really need to do something about the new build warnings. Not only are the timers false. e.g it may say new build in 5 mins, but it ends 1 min later. They dont give ppl enough time

New build available

Posted by: DinoBT.4572

DinoBT.4572

What were you thinking Anet. After all the disconnect and crashing problems, you could have at least not do this. You are really hurting the community.

Haha Family – [FEAR] – Sanctum of Rall
www.fearguildwars2.enjin.com

New build available

Posted by: Ixal.7924

Ixal.7924

I guess no one told the coders in India to not push another build while one, sorry, two-time events are running…

New build available

Posted by: Asa Spades.6387

Asa Spades.6387

Not even sure where we got kicked from, as it was the first time doing it. It was in a cave somewhere after blowing up the trapped gas, made it to the top then started working back down it.

ANet, I don’t have all day, even on a Sunday, dedicated to playing games. When I was able to get into an overflow from an invite from a comunity member tonight, I was pretty thrilled to have made it. Then this nonsense kicks me out and all that “work” was for naught. Needless to say, you’ve pissed off a lot of customers today.

I’m not saying I’ll stop playing the game immediately. I enjoy it, I really do. But this whole thing has left a really bad taste in my mouth, and many others, which will certainly affect future purchasing decisions.

Attachments:

New build available

Posted by: Irratu.1203

Irratu.1203

That was indeed a very poorly timed patch.

New build available

Posted by: TheHamSandwich.5410

TheHamSandwich.5410

I will never again defend anet as a company. Really epic fail here anet. I’m so shocked and disappointed with this company now, pulling this crap on your players? really?
EPIC FAIL.

I wanted to believe you where one of the few companies that actually cared about their community. What a big slap in the face.

Quick Nessie, To the Pickle Farm!

New build available

Posted by: Stonecliff.7286

Stonecliff.7286

I would have loved to do this event, sadly I had to work.

New build available

Posted by: Absolutionis.9427

Absolutionis.9427

This topic was moved, but I cannot see any comments in it anymore.