New content: when & where.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Tallis.5607

Tallis.5607

This weekend, five new things come to GW2. I made this post to give the info all in one place…

1. Three one-time events (finished).
2. The new PvE dungeon (permanent).
3. The new PvE map (permanent).
4. Weekend Quests (continuously until monday noon).
5. The new PvP map (permanent).

1. Three one-time events (finished).

- There were 3 seperate one-time events, on Friday, Saturday and Sunday noon.
- Everyone was scaled to level 80 for these.
- The first two events started in Lion’s Arch, the third in Sunset Cove.
- In the first, we had to repel the Karka attack on Lion’s Arch.
- In the second, we had to repel the last few Karka’s in Lion’s Arch and then go to Sunset Cove to establish a foothold there.
- In the third, we killed the big, mean Karka!
- The timing of the events were chosen because this were the times that there were the most people online together.

2. The new PvE dungeon (permanent).

- The new PvE dungeon called Fractals of the Mist is for level 80 characters. But during the weekend, all players will be bumped to level 80.
- This dungeon opened on Friday 11/16 at 12:30 (but was bugged for some, fixed at 13:30).
- You can go there by going into the new Asuran Portal near the Island Portage Waypoint in Lion’s Arch, by the new POI Consortium’s Gift Shop.

- There are 9 different ‘paths’ or ‘fractals’ in this dungeon.
- You can’t choice what fractal you do, but you can leave a fractal when you are stuck on it and get another one.

- After you did a fractal, you are send to a second and then a third fractal. These three fractals are always different fractals (afaik).

- After you did the third fractal, your ‘rank’ goes up to rank 2.
- You are sent again to a fractal (so the forth in total), a fifth fractal and a sixth. These fractals are rank 2.
- The fractals on this second set can be the same as the ones on your first set.

- After you finished any fractal, you get a chest that contains items and 5 Fractal Relics.
- You can turn these relics in for stuff, at the NPC inside the dungeon.

- When you are finished with the four fractals at rank 2, you are now rank 3!
- When you then restart the dungeon with the same group, you can pick what rank you want to do it: rank 1, 2 or 3.
- If you make another group and restart, you can set it to the rank you want, but the rank can never be a higher rank than the person with the lowest rank in the group has obtained.
So if you have a group of players that have rank 3, 3, 3, 2 and 4, you can set the rank at either 1 or 2 (but not to rank 3 or 4, because one player has only rank 2).

- After you did six fractals (three at rank 1 and three at level 2), you get a seventh ‘bonus’ fractal.
- This bonus fractal is the same type as the other fractals, with the same chest at the end, but you get an extra reward too!

- Note that these fractals are NOT easy for casual players, even ast rank 1, because you need alot of group coördination. Several bosses have odd mechanisms, there is sometimes tricky jumping, some gates that open with pressure plates and so on.

3. The new PvE map (permanent).

- The new PvE map called Southsun Cove is for level 80 characters, but during the weekend lower levels will be bumped to level 80 when they go here.
- You can go there by talking to a new NPC near the Sanctum Harbor Waypoint in Lion’s Arch, by the new POI Macha’s Landing.
- Once you’ve been there, you can waypoint to it, like with all other maps.

4. Weekend Chain Event (Finished).

- The first part of the chain started Friday noon and was available until Sunday noon.
- The second part started Saturday noon.
- Both parts started in Lion’s Arch at Inspector Kiel.

5. The new PvP map (permanent).

- This map opened on Thursday 11/15.
- Not much else to say, really! It’s a PvP map. A map. To PvP on!

Good luck and remember to have fun along the way!!!

Tallis – Perpetual newbie – Tarnished Coast.
Always carries a towel – Never panics – Eats cookies.

(edited by Tallis.5607)

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Lone Wolf.4129

Lone Wolf.4129

https://www.guildwars2.com

is most of the time the most obvious answer to find event related info.

but maybe thats to obvious to think about? lol

“The truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off.”

in The Lost Shores

Tallis.5607

https://www.guildwars2.com

is most of the time the most obvious answer to find event related info.

but maybe thats to obvious to think about? lol

Yeah, but that is only for the events.

It seems like the 4 different new things where added by 4 different teams and all 4 communicated differently

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/The_Lost_Shores

The most obvious place to go actually.
GW2’s official wiki is amazingly comprehensive because it is community managed – as in, hundreds of people all compiling relevant information together

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Undercover.2481

Undercover.2481

The OP is awesome just for stating clearly WHERE to go, with details. Thanx!

in The Lost Shores

Tallis.5607

The OP is awesome just for stating clearly WHERE to go, with details. Thanx!

Thanks!

I thought it was very unclear where to go and what to do, so I added this…

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: baalblade.8465

baalblade.8465

Does anyone know any information about update? like patch bug fix etc.

Btw, how long each event last?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Preech.2671

Preech.2671

I logged in and went to Lion’s Arch, talked to people with Stars and felt completely lost. I don’t want to look up on websites for what to do, or why I should do them. I’m still lost, tried the fractal dungeon, talked to every npc with a star on their head, went to the shore to search for wreckage and found about 10 things laying around and it didn’t seem to do anything.

And I really don’t know why I would give this other npc stuff for free? Why don’t they say what they’re giving me besides:

“To fight Karka”

Hooray! What do I get for donating you items to fight Karka exactly?

Scramblerx – Engineer

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Kaz.5430

Kaz.5430

Preech, you need to investigate the items on the beach in the correct order. Small bit of crate → broken crate → not broken crate. It seems to be the start of a bit of a treasure hunt.

In return for donating items you get tokens that can be used to buy long-life gathering tools and Lionsguard Weapons.

Monarchy - 15 year old browser-based game and roleplay community
Table Warfare Miniatures - Armatures, Custom Miniatures, Moulds etc.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Lecari.7310

Lecari.7310

Preech, I have felt exactly the same way. There’s not been any real information about what’s going on, so thank you Tallis for the update.

I’m really disappointed that I logged in an hour after event launch only to find that it was over – I thought it was meant to be an invasion… I had expected there to be be enemies around and waves of things to defeat, as in other zones of the game. Pretty disappointed that I have missed out, just because ANet’s instructions were not clear.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: eraser.8031

eraser.8031

3. The new PvE map.
- The new PvE map called Southsun Cove is for level 80 characters.
- It will open after the second event, on “Saterday”.
- You can go there by talking to a new NPC near the Sanctum Harbor Waypoint in Lion’s Arch, by the new POI Macha’s Landing.

Or Saturday even lol spell check

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: lordozone.9167

lordozone.9167

Preech, you need to investigate the items on the beach in the correct order. Small bit of crate -> broken crate -> not broken crate. It seems to be the start of a bit of a treasure hunt.

In return for donating items you get tokens that can be used to buy long-life gathering tools and Lionsguard Weapons.

would someone mind posting a screen shot of these gathering tools?

Commander Yvette Doombringer – 80 Thief
Sea of Sorrows
Event Farming Guide —> facebook.com/GW2EventZergGuide

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Jaxxy.4869

Jaxxy.4869

I guess ArenaNet don’t think that folks who go to church Don’t play their games! I realize that it is difficult to please everyone world wide but really Sunday at noon for the final event of a “massive one-time world event that will change Tyria forever”. I hope that for future events you might take this into concideration and if they are one a Sunday that you put them latter in the day like 5pm or 6pm.

Sir Jaxxy

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Treplos.5182

Treplos.5182

I logged in and went to Lion’s Arch, talked to people with Stars and felt completely lost. I don’t want to look up on websites for what to do, or why I should do them. I’m still lost, tried the fractal dungeon, talked to every npc with a star on their head, went to the shore to search for wreckage and found about 10 things laying around and it didn’t seem to do anything.

And I really don’t know why I would give this other npc stuff for free? Why don’t they say what they’re giving me besides:

“To fight Karka”

Hooray! What do I get for donating you items to fight Karka exactly?

I am in the same boat. I’ve been running around for an hour, trying to start this dam event. I spoke to all the NPCs with a gold star, but they gave me nothing; checked the beach and I cannot interact with any debris; I went to the points of interest, and again nothing to do. I even checked some guides and nothing is happening as they say.

I and keep getting spammed with the same event mail; I’ve got 10 of it so far. This event seems so disjointed and ill-implemented or something.

WTH is all this?

(edited by Treplos.5182)

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Alduin.3410

Alduin.3410

I wish ArenaNet would at least make these events happen at 3 different times or something… once early on, then midday and finally sometime at night… I mean some of us have jobs and can’t be on smack dab in the middle of the day. I was looking forward to doing the events until I realized I wouldn’t be able to make the 1st one.

Warrior at Heart. Beast by Nature. | http://gw2masters.com

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

That map will stay open even after the november event? Or will it be removed. Or how does it work.

And how long will the kraka be available? Only the 3 days at the weekend or all november or forever? (Because of crafting material they drop and the achievement… but for achievement monthly the 3 days should be enough).

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Panda.9270

Panda.9270

That map will stay open even after the november event? Or will it be removed. Or how does it work.

And how long will the kraka be available? Only the 3 days at the weekend or all november or forever? (Because of crafting material they drop and the achievement… but for achievement monthly the 3 days should be enough).

Luthan according to ANet the map is with us and there is a continued play, with the resources and all, this area won’t be leaving when the event is over. hope this helps Regards, Panda

†~I’d rather be hated for who I am, than to be loved for who I am not. ~ †

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

I was so excited that they were implementing level scaling for the weekend, so we could participate if we don’t have level 80 characters yet.

Looks like that only applies to the events, which run in the middle of the day, US time.

Yippee. Another event I’ll miss because I’m not a student, and don’t have max level characters yet.

Oh well, hopefully my personal story is fixed at least, so I can get back to it and finish up leveling. Hopefully that means I’ll have a level 80 for the next event.

When they say the greatest concurrency is at Noon, Pacific Time, I wonder just what percentage of the players are actually getting to enjoy these things.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Lecari.7310

Lecari.7310

I was so excited that they were implementing level scaling for the weekend, so we could participate if we don’t have level 80 characters yet.

Looks like that only applies to the events, which run in the middle of the day, US time.

Yippee. Another event I’ll miss because I’m not a student, and don’t have max level characters yet.

Oh well, hopefully my personal story is fixed at least, so I can get back to it and finish up leveling. Hopefully that means I’ll have a level 80 for the next event.

When they say the greatest concurrency is at Noon, Pacific Time, I wonder just what percentage of the players are actually getting to enjoy these things.

I’m a bit confused by your post – you don’t need to have a level 80 character – your character automatically jumps to level 80 when you go to Lion’s Arch at the moment.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Hawks.5736

Hawks.5736

Ive been holding off doing the new stuff while I wait for a friend(different timezones), but Im still not 100% sure on whats happening.

Theres the one-time events at noon PST, I get that. And I know the instance and new areas will stick around after the weekend.

But what about the investigation events, and the “quest” to collect junk(or are they the same thing…?), are those going to be around the whole weekend or are there new ones each day or what… Basically Id just like to know what I need to get done today, and what I can wait to do later this weekend.

Dexson

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: zombyturtle.5980

zombyturtle.5980

I am really confused about the event schedule. I missed the first event but there still seems to be loads of smaller stuff in caledon forest ect. Will this be around after the event along with the scavenger hunt?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Eldervakten.9147

Eldervakten.9147

What ever creator came up with this Fractals dungeon needs to move to Blizzard Entertainment. This is the kind of garbage they would come up with. Groups having to start over because one person falls through terrain bugs and dies in a place they can’t be rez’d because THERE ARE NO WAY POINTS! HELLO?! Come on Blizzard jeez.

Stupidest dungeon idea in all of video gaming.

Nuff Said

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Rico.4617

Rico.4617

C I T I Z E N !

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: lotharic.9513

lotharic.9513

The bugs, lag, and lack of directions on what to do wouldn’t be so bad if this event wasn’t just for a weekend. If your event is only going to run for 3 days, it has to be perfect and clearly explained.

in The Lost Shores

Tallis.5607

would someone mind posting a screen shot of these gathering tools?

They are the same as the existing ones, but there are 250 in one stack, instead of 100 or 50.

in The Lost Shores

Tallis.5607

But what about the investigation events, and the “quest” to collect junk(or are they the same thing…?), are those going to be around the whole weekend or are there new ones each day or what… Basically Id just like to know what I need to get done today, and what I can wait to do later this weekend.

That are quests that are around for this weekend only afaik.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: wildcode.5403

wildcode.5403

hmm, weekend events bugged with no sign of being fixed

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Brutilicus.8570

Brutilicus.8570

Are Captain Council Commendations “use or lose” this weekend only?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: NIGHTHUNTER.5139

NIGHTHUNTER.5139

- If you make another group and restart, you can set it to the rank you want, but the rank can never be higher than the highest rank in the group.
So if you have a group of players that have rank 3, 3, 3, 2 and 4, you can set the rank at either 1 or 2 (but not to rank 3 or 4, because one player has only rank 2).

Shouldn’t that be “you can set it to the rank you want, but the rank can never be higher than the LOWEST rank in the group.” ? At least that’s what you explain in the second sentence… Or did I miss something?

Thanks for this overview, I didn’t have time to watch the start of this event and I’m quite confused with it right now xD

we’re the rebelz of the night – watch your back!

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: neon.4863

neon.4863

The patch seems to have shut Blingg up, at least. Checking for broken events rn.

in The Lost Shores

Tallis.5607

- If you make another group and restart, you can set it to the rank you want, but the rank can never be higher than the highest rank in the group.

Shouldn’t that be “you can set it to the rank you want, but the rank can never be higher than the LOWEST rank in the group.” ? At least that’s what you explain in the second sentence… Or did I miss something?

It is kinda hard to put in words, hehe. For me, the lowest rank in the group is 1 because everyone finished rank 1!

But yeah, I’ll change it.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Rauphz.2869

Rauphz.2869

My feedback about new PvE dungeon:

I started today with my friends the new dungeon. We like a lot, has a much better level than the others dungeons. However, there are some annoying things that happened. #1 When we set up and we went to Lion’s Arch enter the dungeon, some were in different spaces, and when we entered, we were not in the same dungeon, which has been very annoying. We had to get in and out of the dungeon to fall into the same space in Lion’s Arch (brilliant idea to put the new dungeon in Lion’s Arch, map without lag and with little bit players, just brilliant). #2Then we fall into a map with a huge statue, we had to carry a hammer of a boss upwards to break Seals. However, the player who was holding the hammer died, and the hammer just disappeared. We could not continue with the dungeon and had to start over on another. #3 To finish, we fall into a nice map (fire), and managed to reach the last boss quietly. But, as already expected something to go wrong, a friend of ours was disconnected, and failed to return. When he tried to enter again, all were teleported to outside the dungeon.
I dunno if it happened only with us, or if it is frequent.

(Sorry for bad english)

(edited by Rauphz.2869)

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Meriem.3504

Meriem.3504

There should be at least several times maybe through out the day and myabe phased for people who did not do it.

Also I only say the CM say the only one time event was on Sunday and not Friday or Saturday :[ I was thinking of taking off but I saw that post so I was like no point in doing it then find out there was a one time event. :[

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Hostyle.2139

Hostyle.2139

Phase 1 of LA’s even is STILL BUGGED and they released phase 2.

Canach won’t spawn so that he can be killed. Yet his captive now on a ship for phase 2?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Hell Nirvana.9045

Hell Nirvana.9045

Phase 1 of LA’s even is STILL BUGGED and they released phase 2.

Canach won’t spawn so that he can be killed. Yet his captive now on a ship for phase 2?

They removed all Phase 1 content.
So much for the promises of extending it :/

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Aevic.9675

Aevic.9675

Well that sucks, I won’t be around for any of the one time events. Too early for me.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Ari.4023

Ari.4023

I’d be on for those events but IRL reasons have forced me away. What about all the people that just can’t make it to those events Anet? Why not make them two-time events so that everyone can see and enjoy them?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Lost Boy.7915

Lost Boy.7915

Anyone know what the “several hours” means in the post for phase 3? It starts at 2 AM here and I can’t stay up for it, so how early do I need to get up?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Nothgiel.1890

Nothgiel.1890

Where does phase 3 start? The points or in front of the large cave?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Lara.6740

Lara.6740

Where do we have to be for the third event – it says it starts at Noon, but no specific location? It would be nice to have this info before the events. Poorly communicated.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Voonith.2561

Voonith.2561

Also curious so I can tell my Guildies and continue to be helpful to players in Map Chat. Would be great to know.

All’s fair in love and Wuv.
[ART] Gate of Madness

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Veltoss.9135

Veltoss.9135

Goes to show how people don’t pay any attention to the NPCs, or just have no problem solving skills. The NPCs made it very clear that we were waiting at Camp Karka for the other team (the Consortium team) to catch up before moving on. I would bet all my gold that Camp Karka is where it will begin.

Blackgate

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/lostshores/Where-EXACTLY-do-I-need-to-be-for-Phase-3/first#post783795

Thanks for totally confusing people. Again, nobody knows where the meta event is gonna start and you’re adding even more confusion with different information via different channels. I’ve actually been in LA and went to the island then, which caused me to end up in an overflow without my guild and with severe lag.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

(edited by Iruwen.3164)

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Colten.1962

Colten.1962

I have to admit I am very dissapointed in these one time events. I work two jobs and have a family. I love guildwars but it sucks having to miss out on new content and experiences because of such a strict time frame. I think it would be fair to spread the events out to allow all players to participate. I work a three day weekend every second week, 36 hours, so I can’t possibly do events on those weekends, so why not have it two consecutive weekends? Thanks for the game Anet, I do love it, but I would love to enjoy all aspects

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Xfraze.1704

Xfraze.1704

Any word on what to do with the items from phase 1? Can I just trash em, or do they have a use?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

I was able to take part in the final event. Took almost 3 hours and it was a miracle my vid card didn’t cook itself because there were endless spawns. Nice chest at the end though.

I was uber confused with the weekend quests/scavenger hunt. Got a few steps in, but one NPC was apparently bugged and there were endless in-game mails that had a lot of words but said very little. Just pointed me somewhere without an explanation.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)