Scaled Items: didn't like getting them

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Darek.1836

Darek.1836

Honestly I’m pretty upset about there being scaled items. I was playing on my level 55 character that I’ve been co-oping with my wife and got worthless scaled items at the end of the event. I wish someone would have mentioned that our levels made a difference, because now I have items that are 1/10 of the value because I played on a different character, even though I did the same amount of work as I would have on my level 80.

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Doctor Proctor.2460

Doctor Proctor.2460

Yeah. I got one exotic sword that I might be able to get a gold for on the TP, the other three items will fetch about 40 silver tops. I was level 63.

Edit: Although, I will say that at least the upgrade slot item was level 80. Everything else was 60 though.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: LazerEagle.7209

LazerEagle.7209

I TOTALLY agree! I am SO disappointed! I was playing on my 21 Engineer (I don’t have much time to play) and I got worthless level 39 items that I couldn’t even equip because there was a Greatsword and Light Armor boots! So now not only can I not use them, I can’t trade them for anything I CAN use. Severely disappointing…

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: xXRichiXx.3846

xXRichiXx.3846

act 1:Oh new event!!!, lets play with my lv 75 guardian and not my 80 mesmer, to get lv fast.
act 2: nice!! 50% of my guild is getting awesome items, OMG some1 get dusk!!
act 3: i open de chest….. scaled items……. salvage… 5 ectos…..

5 ectos= 1 gold a good item = 60 gold

thanks Anet!!!

(edited by xXRichiXx.3846)

in The Lost Shores

Doctor Proctor.2460

act 1:Oh new event!!!, lets play with my lv 70 guardian and not my 80 mesmer, to get lv fast.
act 2: nice!! 50% of my guild is getting awesome items, OMG some1 get dusk!!
act 3: i open de chest….. scaled items……. salvage… 5 ectos…..

5 ectos= 1 gold a good item = 60 gold

thanks Anet!!!

LOL, leveling during the event? You need to actually get XP from the kills for that to happen!

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I did not even get 5 exctos from the crap lvl 80 stuff I got. I got 1! ecto from all the random loot in it. What a waste of time.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

So those of us who weren’t level 80 and were on our highest level character were only supposed to get items that were for level 80 characters?

You chose to play on your lower level characters. Why should those of us on our highest level characters have to wait longer to use items because you chose to not play on your level 80 character?

I was playing on my level 55 elementalist. Got one set of gloves I could equip right away as they were level 53. A couple pieces of exotic armor for level 62 and above. A level 80 exotic accessory. And a harpoon gun of some level which I didn’t commit to memory since I can’t use it.

I wish they had coded THIS event to only give you items you can use (as in: scholars not getting heavy armor). 2.5 hours for mostly items you can’t use at all even if you were level 80 would anger me.

Now as long as a low level person stayed with the zerg they could get to the end and possibly even get the chest. So was a very low level person supposed to get level 80 stuff as well? I’d have been disappointed if I didn’t get anything I could use within the next 10 levels but not angry if everything had been for level 80 characters.

Now, if I had been under level 40 (ie: less than half the way to level 80), I would have been angry at ANet for only giving me level 80 items. Because I would have just spent 2.5 hours on an event that gave me a reward that I won’t be able to use for several more levels.

in The Lost Shores

Doctor Proctor.2460

Yes, you wouldn’t be able to use the level 80 items, but you would be able to sell them on the TP and actually get some money.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Ryenoh.4529

Ryenoh.4529

lvl 80 here got lvl 76 items from final chest LOL

in The Lost Shores

xXRichiXx.3846

but a 75 character…….. and get nothing good??, its kind of insulting.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Distaste.4801

Distaste.4801

So those of us who weren’t level 80 and were on our highest level character were only supposed to get items that were for level 80 characters?

You chose to play on your lower level characters. Why should those of us on our highest level characters have to wait longer to use items because you chose to not play on your level 80 character?

I was playing on my level 55 elementalist. Got one set of gloves I could equip right away as they were level 53. A couple pieces of exotic armor for level 62 and above. A level 80 exotic accessory. And a harpoon gun of some level which I didn’t commit to memory since I can’t use it.

I wish they had coded THIS event to only give you items you can use (as in: scholars not getting heavy armor). 2.5 hours for mostly items you can’t use at all even if you were level 80 would anger me.

Now as long as a low level person stayed with the zerg they could get to the end and possibly even get the chest. So was a very low level person supposed to get level 80 stuff as well? I’d have been disappointed if I didn’t get anything I could use within the next 10 levels but not angry if everything had been for level 80 characters.

Now, if I had been under level 40 (ie: less than half the way to level 80), I would have been angry at ANet for only giving me level 80 items. Because I would have just spent 2.5 hours on an event that gave me a reward that I won’t be able to use for several more levels.

because any exotics <80 are worthless? The same reason the dungeon exotics are all level 80. You will outlevel that gear so quickly that it’s worthless.

I’m absolutely furious that we got scaled loot. I was on my 52 elementalist and getting 62 exoitcs is a kick in the groin. I have 4 level 80’s that could have used some level 80 exotics or even a pre-cursor. It should have been flat out level 80 stuff for a level 80 event, PERIOD. It would give low levels something to look forward too and give people with an 80 already something to use.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Wombatt.2546

Wombatt.2546

So, let me see if I’m hearing this right:

“I want full-strength gear as my reward, even though I haven’t put in the time or effort to get to level 80.” Does that sum it up? Was there a memo somewhere that said “this event will give out awesome stuff for everyone, not like EVERY OTHER meta event, where it’s a crapshoot,” because I didn’t see it.

in The Lost Shores

LazerEagle.7209

“I want full-strength gear as my reward, even though I haven’t put in the time or effort to get to level 80.” Does that sum it up? Was there a memo somewhere that said “this event will give out awesome stuff for everyone, not like EVERY OTHER meta event, where it’s a crapshoot,” because I didn’t see it.

No the frustrating part is that TRIAL Accounts, who are most definitely NOT 80, somehow got precursors. Really ANet!?

in The Lost Shores

xXRichiXx.3846

soo its lazy to play with a low lv??, even if you already have a character lv 80, (some people have 2 or more).

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Wombatt.2546

Wombatt.2546

No the frustrating part is that TRIAL Accounts, who are most definitely NOT 80, somehow got precursors. Really ANet!?

Agreed, THAT would be ridiculous.

soo its lazy to play with a low lv??, even if you already have a character lv 80, (some people have 2 or more).

You’re reading words that aren’t there. I never said lazy, I said they hadn’t done it. If you chose to do it with a low level instead of a 80, well, that’s your choice. You made your bed, now sleep in it. Every other event in the world (dragons come immediately to mind) give scaled loot, why would you expect this one not to?

in The Lost Shores

LazerEagle.7209

Agreed, THAT would be ridiculous.

You’re reading words that aren’t there. I never said lazy, I said they hadn’t done it. If you chose to do it with a low level instead of a 80, well, that’s your choice. You made your bed, now sleep in it. Every other event in the world (dragons come immediately to mind) give scaled loot, why would you expect this one not to?

Wombat, read the forums. There are several examples of Trial accounts getting precursors.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Necromancyr.6083

Necromancyr.6083

The scaled loot was a bit of a slap in the face since it’s completely worthless. I picked up the game a few weeks ago and just haven’t had the time to get to 80 yet. Doesn’t mean I didn’t do the entire event like everyone else and – since I was scaled – contributed as much (theoretically). This was one place where Anet could have readily not screwed up and made everyone happy – instead, unlike the bugs which were unintentional, this was an intentional screwing of anyone not playing a lvl80 character.

And Seera – so if someone gave you the following options:
1. Get a $100k car in 1 week/month, but you can sell it for $80k before you get it in a week/month.
2. Get a $5000 car right now.

….you’d take option 2? Really?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

They seriously broke the chest on this one. Guildies i had in my war patrol were all getting level 39.50,62,76 items and rares on top of the fact that they were level 80s some had MF gear on and when the MF gear was on them they got worse items then the rest.

Tell me that MF works, please….I’m waiting for someone to tell me it works properly. Here it is a major event with a large chest that’s supposed to be the majority of items exotic and level 80 yet people with MF gear got worse items then those without AND didn’t have a better chance at a legendary precursor. These armor and run sets aren’t cheap or easy to put together, people with MF armor deserve an explanation Anet.

We deserve at least a post on it.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Liliana Moore.4237

Liliana Moore.4237

I was playing with my lvl 80 character and my reward was scaled down!!! to level 76 .
useless reward not worth my effort and time 3 hours invested.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Wyrmrider.1692

Wyrmrider.1692

(sorry if this is doubled, forum is eating posts…)

I did the event on a level 63-64 Engineer. Got two 60-ish rares I can’t use, two 60-ish exotics I can use, and the usual 20-slot box and (level 80) exotic amulet.

I’m happy with the haul, because for a one-time event I honestly didn’t expect anything more than a vanity/nostalgia trinket — karka-skin town clothes or something.

But I definitely agree that all the exotic drops should have been level 80. You’re encouraging players to bring any character they want, regardless of level… but then rewarding the 80’s with endgame loot, and the lowbies with stuff they’ll outgrow in a week.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

The scaled loot was a bit of a slap in the face since it’s completely worthless. I picked up the game a few weeks ago and just haven’t had the time to get to 80 yet. Doesn’t mean I didn’t do the entire event like everyone else and – since I was scaled – contributed as much (theoretically). This was one place where Anet could have readily not screwed up and made everyone happy – instead, unlike the bugs which were unintentional, this was an intentional screwing of anyone not playing a lvl80 character.

And Seera – so if someone gave you the following options:
1. Get a $100k car in 1 week/month, but you can sell it for $80k before you get it in a week/month.
2. Get a $5000 car right now.

….you’d take option 2? Really?

Real life does not equal a game. I’d take neither option. No such thing as a free lunch holds very very true in real life.

And game wise, I’ll take stuff I can use quicker because I’d rather get some middle tiers for free than have to buy the middle tiers. Save my money for the level 80 stuff.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: idiggory.6019

idiggory.6019

I’m not saying you are wrong, but your argument is poor.

As a one-time event, this was fundamentally different from every other event in the game. Alluding to them as a standard for the way this one should behave with regards to loot really makes no sense, because it doesn’t behave the same way as other events do in general.

Which doesn’t mean to say that you’re wrong that it should give scaled rewards. But your reasoning here is seriously flawed.

I can see both sides.

On the one hand, scaled rewards means you might get something you could actually use sometime soon.

On the other, putting in two and a half hours of work (the time it took my overflow map to complete the event) to get a sub-par reward is far from satisfying.

Ultimately, I have to fall on the side that condemns the scaled gear for three reasons.

1. I reject the notion that it’s acceptable to “punish” players in MMOs for not being as hardcore as others. I think it’s archaic, and I think the MMO genre has suffered for a long time because of it. GW2 is actually a game that does what it can to ensure this is never the case—dungeons are highly accessible, even if highly difficult for many players. It’s easy to participate in events and earn rewards (and even if you don’t hit the gold reward, you’re not really missing out on much).

Telling someone they don’t deserve the level 80 gear because they haven’t put in the work to get a level 80 sounds too much like this to me. Yeah, maybe they didn’t earn a level 80 yet. But they did earn the gear. The gap between a scaled 80 and a true 80 in the context of this event was NOT that much. You were just as likely to go down as anyone else, and the lag ensured you weren’t really doing much more damage at all. Realistically, every player was more valuable as a rallying tool than anything else.

2. The reason you would want scaled gear is to use it. But the gear wasn’t skewed in favor of what you could use. My Warrior’s random stuff was medium armor and a trident. I couldn’t use any of that. And because of its reduced value, my ability to trade it for something I could use was far lower than for level 80 gear. Plus, let’s face it, even an exotic is going to be replaced VERY quickly while leveling. So the mileage for the reward is also reduced compared to level 80 exotics, which you’re more likely to use for some time.

And because all of what I got was 10-20+ levels higher anyway, I’m still waiting to use it. So waiting slightly longer for 80s gear would not have mattered. Hell, because one of the static rewards was level 80, I’m waiting anyway.

Also, let’s not forget that the level 80s got unique skins from the Lost Island stuff. Yeah, I can get that by doing Fractals. But at the very least, scaled gear should have had the new looks.

3. I just fail to see why doing this event as a true 80 is intrinsically different than doing it as someone who was 32 or 47 or whatever. If you think there was a massive difference, you’re kidding yourself. The single most important dynamic of this event was rallying. I saw level 80 signet warriors going down nonstop. My Warrior brought banners (most importantly, Battle Standard) and used his Longbow to create combo fields. Which one of us was more useful?

Because the damage numbers coming in were so high, and the mitigation at the other end so severe, your level and gear realistically made little to no difference. Your superior gear wasn’t going to save you from the blanket poison or boss roll. Your higher output wasn’t going to mean much when only one in five hits actually did damage. And you DEFINITELY weren’t doing far better when most of the damage to the Ancient boss came from gas or boulders.

This event was won by throwing bodies at it over and over. Lower levels were realistically just as capable as the true 80s were in this regard.

So yeah, they pulled their weight. But then they got sub-par rewards.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Necromancyr.6083

Necromancyr.6083

Seera – so you’d take the lesser random loot instead of taking the more expensive loot, selling it, and buying things your character could use?

I can honestly say with kitten near certainty that you’re the only person that would take a single, lower level random item over a high-value item they could sell at the trader and get enough gold out of it to buy 4-5 items that are as good or better over the course of leveling.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Mastruq.2463

Mastruq.2463

Loot is random anyway, dont act like you would have gotten a 60 gold item just for being on the other character. Read this very forum to hear plenty of 80s whine just as loud about not winning a lottery. Entitlement is out in full force tonight.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Tijo.9857

Tijo.9857

Well I couldn’t do the event because in my time zone it was impossible.
I will probably NEVER get to do ANY one time event because of that design choice.

And you’re complaining that you got loot scaled to your character’s level?
Well at least you got to participate… and it seems the rewards were pretty good compared to the actual effort (3 hours of zerging?)

So next time do the event with your 80, and be happy you actually have a chance to do the event.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Alberel Leonhart.9640

Alberel Leonhart.9640

Loot is random anyway, dont act like you would have gotten a 60 gold item just for being on the other character. Read this very forum to hear plenty of 80s whine just as loud about not winning a lottery. Entitlement is out in full force tonight.

I think you need to look up what entitlement means.

Everyone here put in the same effort on that event, yet some people were rewarded with items worth a few silver whilst some got two precursors totalling several hundred gold or more! That is an insanely huge difference in reward given that everyone did exactly the same thing to get it.

Mind telling everyone what you got from the chest? Most of the people telling everyone to stop whining are only doing so because they made a nice profit from this.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: DinoWash.3582

DinoWash.3582

They seriously broke the chest on this one. Guildies i had in my war patrol were all getting level 39.50,62,76 items and rares on top of the fact that they were level 80s some had MF gear on and when the MF gear was on them they got worse items then the rest.

Tell me that MF works, please….I’m waiting for someone to tell me it works properly. Here it is a major event with a large chest that’s supposed to be the majority of items exotic and level 80 yet people with MF gear got worse items then those without AND didn’t have a better chance at a legendary precursor. These armor and run sets aren’t cheap or easy to put together, people with MF armor deserve an explanation Anet.

We deserve at least a post on it.

To my knowledge MF only works on looting bodies not for chests. The chests are completely random. I am sorry if you didn’t get what you wanted

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Ryth.6518

Ryth.6518

Yah had I known this…definitely would have used an 80 or got to 80 ASAP.

They should have all been level 80 items…that way everyone is EQUALLY rewarded and you can have them when you hit 80.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: magnafides.8136

magnafides.8136

Agreed, I did the event on my main which has been sitting at 78 for about a week, while leveling an alt. If I knew how the event/loot was going to work, I could’ve easily gained those last 2 levels.

All of my loot was lvl 74, and I couldn’t use ANY of it. If they’re not going to give everyone approximately the same value loot, they should have at least given gear that was USABLE by the player.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

I find this QQ insulting. You guys knew before going into this that chests always loot items appropriate to level. This is how the game has worked since day one. Want to get level 80 drops than level and quit QQing about it. You guys are like the occupy wall street people.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Owningtheair.8493

Owningtheair.8493

Seems very obvious given it works that way in the rest of the game. The only way I’d have taken a non-80 there is if it was like the mad king’s slippers which you knew were going to be in the chest. Think of it this way, you being less than 80 with good gear meant that the entire event was even more of a headache for everyone else there with you. Every group there quite clearly needed help not hinderance from lower levels because this wasnt a fluff event that a level 80 could solo. It was nigh impossible content without repeatedly dying, butting your head against a brick wall, until you found a chest.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: magnafides.8136

magnafides.8136

Think of it this way, you being less than 80 with good gear meant that the entire event was even more of a headache for everyone else there with you. Every group there quite clearly needed help not hinderance from lower levels because this wasnt a fluff event that a level 80 could solo. It was nigh impossible content without repeatedly dying, butting your head against a brick wall, until you found a chest.

That makes no sense, since everyone was scaled up to 80. Not only that, there were tons of people that didn’t contribute at all, and logged in at the end with multiple characters to get multiple 20-slot bags, unique rings, and even multiple pre-cursors. As a level 78 who was actively rezing, healing, and damage-dealing I probably contributed more than most level 80s did anyway, but my loot is worth nothing comparatively and I CAN’T EVEN USE IT because none of it is appropriate for my class!