"Will change tyria forever!"

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: karma.8763

karma.8763

when will we see this? i havent seen anything that will change tyria forever yet

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Duke Darkwood.4237

Duke Darkwood.4237

The zone and dungeon will stay.

I’ll admit, I was hoping for more change than that. But the zone, the dungeon, and that epic battle were fun, fun, fun, and having two out of three stay forever is pure bonus.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Arysta.9530

Arysta.9530

They found an island that could easily be seen by the naked eye from the shore. It doesn’t even make sense.

Panda monks are starting to sound pretty good.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Jaher Dal.9503

Jaher Dal.9503

My view of the game is changed, and I played Guild Wars for 6 years!

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: lolitsage.2185

lolitsage.2185

I think they’re subliminally talking about driving a mass amount of the player base away from the game through over hyped events, it’s working pretty well

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: critickitten.1498

critickitten.1498

I agree, I’m not sure I see what was “world-changing” about this event.

Then again, the big “world-changing” event in Shadow of the Mad King was that the fountain got destroyed. I’m beginning to think you devs have a very broad definition of “world-changing”.

Remember when our developers talked about “strengthening the core game”?
How’d that work out for us so far?
Now let’s try some ideas that will really work.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Umm a lighthouse exploded, changed forever.

A cavern was opened up, changed forever.

Not to mention a new dungeon and a whole new zone.

It never ceases to amaze me how people can complain about the massive amount of content they just received for completely free! This content update was bigger then most sub based MMO content patches

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Mastruq.2463

Mastruq.2463

World changing means a piece of architecture in Lions Arch is created and/or removed. Halloween killed the fountain, this event toppled the lighthouse. Stay tuned for Wintersday painting a shack at the farms in a different color!

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Geewoody.2017

Geewoody.2017

I’d say a a new dungeon with a new mechanic, a pvp map, armor type, and karma farming area within the first couple of months of the game’s release is pretty kitten good, especially since they were all completely free additions on a game that has no subscription fees.

As for changing Tyria forever… I see it more as a sneak peak of bigger things to come.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: RvLeshrac.2673

RvLeshrac.2673

I think they’re subliminally talking about driving a mass amount of the player base away from the game through over hyped events, it’s working pretty well

People aren’t even leaving because of the event, but because of the way the event was implemented and the way communication was handled.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: LightningLockey.5938

LightningLockey.5938

People aren’t even leaving because of the event, but because of the way the event was implemented and the way communication was handled.

Tyria is changed because ANet is driving more of their customers away. That is how it changed lol. All my friends that said ANet was a great company have already left.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Scourge.4317

Scourge.4317

Exaggerate more please. A new island was added. A new instance and items and many other things.. So technically what they said was true, Tyra did change. So many drama kittenes on this forum.

(edited by Scourge.4317)

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Lyn.2098

Lyn.2098

You know, complain all you want, and stay away if you’re that pissed off. The people who love this game can play it without you.

Now go. Shoo. Get to your WoW accounts and stay there.

Bone Machine

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Mastruq.2463

Mastruq.2463

Playing the WoW card is so outdated, anyone that wants a game to be WoW is already/still/again there. People can desire changes or additions to this game without any relation to WoW. Besides afaik Stormwind didnt manage to repair their walls in the last 3 years after some dragon trashed them, so if Lions Arch gets a new fountain soon they win in that regard! (P.S. thats supposed to be funny, lighten up).