2-3 months between LS3 Chapters

in Living World

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

We’re in a content drought now for the open world PvE crowd, but the WvW people aren’t complaining about a content drought right now, nor are the PvPers that I know, nor are the raiders.

Because 3 events and 2-4 achievements tied to them, all based in the open world, released every week is no content.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Living World

Posted by: Rococo.8347

Rococo.8347

Ive lost the will to live with it all frankly – ive just spent the last three evenings trying to persuade myself to go and do the ‘new achievements’ in the ‘old’ LS areas from a couple of weeks ago or the same achievs in the ‘new’ areas – its the SAME event just copy pasted to a new area Guys, the same event that fails half the time because it scales badly.

And all for around 15AP and a tiny amount of XP? no scavenger hunt with a nice backpack at the end a la the first couple of months of GW2?

No just the same old same old

in Living World

Posted by: Heraldusluminare.2946

Heraldusluminare.2946

It’s not so bad. I find the new events interesting lorewise (possibly?) for me.

Now we know that Bandits have named champions and are accompanied by Executioners in their ranks who use attacks that reek suspiciously of White Mantle magic.

We also learn that the Consortium are still very much an active power in Tyria, and they haven’t given up on their shady ways in acquiring profits. Also, I’m curious to know what future events might occur based on the current three way struggle for ley energy.

In the meantime, as a completionist, I get a sense of satisfaction knowing I’m slowly (but surely) checking achievements off my Current Events list, and that I’m earning something on the side. :o)

in Living World

Posted by: LaCoria.8549

LaCoria.8549

Honestly, I’d love to hear from Anet on this. I’m really curious what the metrics are for PvP to PvE ratio that convinces them that PvP is more important than their core game. Like was mentioned earlier, how is it that Raids get their own team when I can guarantee you even with Anet hiding the raid metrics in shame, that less than 5% of the game population actually does the raids.

I’m not sure what Anet is thinking here, but the lack of content is driving even longtime players away from their game because for some reason, they think PvP is this big deal. We’ve already had LS3 pushed back twice now because of stuff. Honestly, I’m starting to think that we won’t see it, or the new Fractal until around Christmas time at this rate.

in Living World

Posted by: Stramatus.5219

Stramatus.5219

Wow? 2-3 months between chapters? I mean what kind of content are we looking at for each chapter here?

It seems like all ANET does is push PvP trying to do eSports and tournaments, etc. all the time, and EVERYTHING seems to always take a back seat to it. Sick of it.

If true, this is majorly disappointing and this is why this game is 3 years old, woops I’m sorry, 4 years old and feels like it’s progressing at a molasses pace compared to GW1.

Honestly was hyped for Season 3, but if true, this is majorly disappointing and now not sure I care anymore. This once glorious franchise just has gone down the tube in my mind.

Sir Helvidius | Sir Beregond | Proud Ascalonian Humans
“Remember The Searing. We never forget, and never forgive.” – Family Motto

in Living World

Posted by: Zalani.9827

Zalani.9827

I actually haven’t played Gw2 much for like 5-6 months now since I’ve been waiting for the story since I wasn’t interested in raids. The mighty need for S3 to see what happens after is still their but it’s going to suck waiting even longer for chapters after that lol.

Well, at least WoWs expack should be out by then. So at least I will have something to do during those 2-3 months.

Jadis Narnia-Sylvari Ranger of [EDGE]
Dragonbrand

in Living World

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

Let’s not be hasty. I too haven’t played for months (and ironically know i haven’t missed much), but let’s not judge new LS till we get our hands on it.

Also remember guys LS3 will be much more then simple LS – this is their live or die for next xpansion. HoT did damage (mostly with it’s low content volume) and before new expansion hits that damage needs to get undone. So if they got brains on board they know LS3 primary tasks next to setting up next xpac is adding content to HoT to make it “a-net worthy” expasion and redeem their good name and player trust.

With that in mind we might be getting one new HoT sized map come each realase or at least half of it. Given the time they had since launch and general unhapiness with HoT i expect 4 new HoT styled and sized maps to wash off all the bad taste after it, and properly set up up for next expansion.

in Living World

Posted by: boolah.1325

boolah.1325

this content drought is pathetic… wintersday in july? zzzzzzzzzzzz

in Living World

Posted by: Drakz.7051

Drakz.7051

Honestly, I’d love to hear from Anet on this. I’m really curious what the metrics are for PvP to PvE ratio that convinces them that PvP is more important than their core game. Like was mentioned earlier, how is it that Raids get their own team when I can guarantee you even with Anet hiding the raid metrics in shame, that less than 5% of the game population actually does the raids.

I’m not sure what Anet is thinking here, but the lack of content is driving even longtime players away from their game because for some reason, they think PvP is this big deal. We’ve already had LS3 pushed back twice now because of stuff. Honestly, I’m starting to think that we won’t see it, or the new Fractal until around Christmas time at this rate.

I played since Beta with a break from LS 1 to LS 2 and due to the things you have said I have since moved on to another game with my partner, I had a decent sized friends list but only about 1 of them goes on occasionally, we left at about the time everything was taking a back seat for raiding and tweaks to make pvp more fair and ready for Esports, we intend to play through LS 3 but nothing less than a miracle will pull us back for anything more than to get through storyline.

It is at least good to see that they have spoken about something recently at least instead of the only news being that a new outfit and weapon set is available in the Cash shop.

in Living World

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Wow? 2-3 months between chapters? I mean what kind of content are we looking at for each chapter here?

If we’re lucky, new maps. I’m willing to accept a 2-3 month wait if it means new maps, whether in fractal/dungeon/openworld form. Since that gives us one new playground to do stuff in and bide our time with until the next part hits.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in Living World

Posted by: Blanche Neige.7241

Blanche Neige.7241

I doubt they will be able to keep players’ interest in the game with a 2 or 3 months interval between chapters. Moreso if the content is done in less than an hour or two, like the previous LS chapters.

Unless they add regular little events like the leylines and bandits ones they added in the last few weeks.

in Living World

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

There’s a saying that goes, “Once you start a thing, you better keep doing it.” In other words, if your customers are used to seeing content updates on a regular basis, and stuck around for years because of it, it behooves the company to continue doing it.

I tend to agree. Too radical of a change can alienate existing customers without drawing in replacements.

Otherwise . . . New Coke anyone?

One of the most successful marketing ploys of all time?

in Living World

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

They really haven’t ‘done it’ for a long time; not since the end of 2014. Thus, what they have been doing, and we are now used to, is go long stretches with little content.

I don’t think they should keep doing “what they’ve been doing” for the last year and a half, or so. Regular updates, be they every 2 months or 3 months, seems much better to me. = )

in Living World

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

My point is that nearly as much time since launch has been with sporadic content releases as the amount of time there was steady frequent releases.

I know some of us loved Season One, (many did not, and complained about the frequent releases), and some were fond of Season Two (less complaints about the frequency, but a different segment of the player population was disappointed), and wish the Devs could continue to release content that frequently, but unfortunately the Devs stated they could not keep up that pace, much like they stated early in Guild Wars life-cycle, and every 2 or 3 months sure as heck beats what we’ve been getting over the past nearly 2 years.

I’d love the Devs to return to the content and release schedule of Season One, but sadly, we all can’t have our Dev-wishes fulfilled. Better the glass half-full, than half-empty, and all.