3rd of september patch

3rd of september patch

in Living World

Posted by: Ouimette.5902

Ouimette.5902

Since the release of the queens speech has been revealed I must say that the next living story is somewhat… empty..?

I mean it has some new additions to it but it is less than what we’re used to. I don’t necessarily say it is a bad thing but this is less content than what we’re expecting out of Anet.

My thoughts on this is that the Queen’s Speech patch has been done developed most recently if not even much earlier because the next patch after 20th august is going to be something big and the LS staff needs more time than just 2 weeks to pull it of.

3rd of september patch

in Living World

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

They are not spoiling everything in a preview a week before the patch.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

3rd of september patch

in Living World

Posted by: Vahkris.6847

Vahkris.6847

The release on September 3rd is from a different team than the one for Queen’s Jubilee and The Queen’s Speech, and each team has 3 months, not two weeks, to develop their content.

Also, there’s always more in the release than what’s put on the preview page.

3rd of september patch

in Living World

Posted by: WhatLiesBeneath.9018

WhatLiesBeneath.9018

The release on September 3rd is from a different team than the one for Queen’s Jubilee and The Queen’s Speech, and each team has 3 months, not two weeks, to develop their content.

Actually each team have 4 months to develop their living story update.

3rd of september patch

in Living World

Posted by: Vahkris.6847

Vahkris.6847

Depends on how you count the months. Do they start on the next one as soon as their previous one launches, do they wait until it ends to begin development on the next? Is their assigned release month included in the development time at all? They get one month for each release of the other 3 teams, but depending on how their actual release month is handled it could just be 3 months of solid dev time.

Plus when you consider they need to set aside time for QA (two weeks last Colin told us), then it could be closer to 3 months.

3rd of september patch

in Living World

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

feature wise it sounds a bit empty, but my guess is that it’s because they want this patch to be much more story-heavy.

also i think you mean august 20. september 3 is the patch after the speech.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

3rd of september patch

in Living World

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

Depends on how you count the months. Do they start on the next one as soon as their previous one launches, do they wait until it ends to begin development on the next? Is their assigned release month included in the development time at all? They get one month for each release of the other 3 teams, but depending on how their actual release month is handled it could just be 3 months of solid dev time.

Plus when you consider they need to set aside time for QA (two weeks last Colin told us), then it could be closer to 3 months.

4 months. that’s the official number. they start the new project as soon as the current one goes live. they have both “halves” finished by the time the first one is up, meaning they spend the next 4 months developing another arc.

they can’t afford to spend a month sitting on their kitten and staring at the ceiling.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

3rd of september patch

in Living World

Posted by: DragonWhimsy.6489

DragonWhimsy.6489

The second patch of the month has always been feature light. The first patch has the big features and the big event of the month, and the second patch just continues the story of the first patch and might have a few small feature additions.

Having said that, the hints are that a major story development takes place.