5 true gods hint?

5 true gods hint?

in Living World

Posted by: Brother Dulfite.5793

Brother Dulfite.5793

This may be a stretch but it seems strange to me that anet would put this kind of message in their secret library without it eventually leading to something. Can we expect some information or LS things related to the five true gods in the near future?

Attachments:

5 true gods hint?

in Living World

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

If you walk around and talk to one of the norn historians, you find out that book also had the name of all the dragons. The name of the deep sea dragon was removed though. Scholars thought they recovered the first letter, S, but the norn historian thinks they are wrong. So it could be in the future we find some scrap from that book revealing the true name of the DSD.

5 true gods hint?

in Living World

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

I think its pretty obvious by now that we are heading toward the bloodstone (Bloodstone Fen) and that each dragon corresponds to a particular human god. This latest patch has been amazing for revisiting the awesome GW1 lore. It would be a crime not to continue down that path. I think they are going to tie the human gods in with the dragons and the eternal alchemy. It’s all connected.

I really love this painting of King Doric begging the gods to help him stop the wars caused by unhindered magic. The gods responded by taking his blood and creating the Bloodstones. My favorite thing about the painting is how powerful and intimidating the gods are depicted. I only hope that if Anet brings back the gods, they make them appear as stoic and imposing as they do in the concept art.

Attachments:

5 true gods hint?

in Living World

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

One of the books specifically says that there is no evidence supporting the theory that each dragon corresponds to a particular god. A competing theory has arisen, though, that each domain held by a dragon corresponds to a domain held by a god, but that they are distributed differently – for instance, Mordremoth and Melandru share Growth, but while Mordremoth has Mind, among the gods Mind likely held by Lyssa or Kormir.

I suspect the scroll will come up later, but don’t get too hung up on the number five – keep in mind that it was probably altered after Abaddon was banished, but it’s unlikely to have been altered since Kormir’s ascension.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

5 true gods hint?

in Living World

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

I’m pretty sure the human gods each govern a domain or seprate realm of existance. Balthazar has the Fissure of Woe, a place of fire, ash, and war. Grenth has the Underworld, the realm of death and cold. Presumably Lyssa, Melandru, and Dwayna have realms as well but we haven’t seen them. I’m not entirely sure but I think the realm of torment was Abaddon’s place, or maybe that was just created as a prison.

Anyway the eternal alchemy is the greater structure of the universe in which magic flows from these alternate realms into Tyria. The magic travels along extra dimensions that we normally cannot perceive (check out string theory). The magic emerges in Tyria through ley lines where it builds up over time. When the magic builds up too much, the dragons awake to devour it. When they eat magic, the energy is transported to whichever realm that particular dragon represents, and the cycle starts over.

I think what we will find out is that without dragons to recycle magic, the alternate realms such as Underworld and FoW will crumble to dust and be no more. Magic will continue to build up in Tyria, possibly to the point of overloading it and causing a big bang. It could be the end of one universe and the start of another.

5 true gods hint?

in Living World

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

It’s also a nod to some of the player theories. I also agree it seems obvious the dragons are the ‘missing Gods’. But which one is which isn’t as obvious given some changes.

This patch made me want to return to Guild Wars 1 to understand the lore better.

Feels like a Guild Wars 2 player is missing parts of the story. If only ANet, or NCSoft’s customer service, would respond with more than an automated reply, I’d be playing the old game already.

Nothing like not remembering the exact spelling of my old character’s name to stop me from playing.

Two weeks and still waiting for customer service to respond. . . .

Gone to Reddit.

(edited by Ardenwolfe.8590)

5 true gods hint?

in Living World

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

There are indications that the Realm of Torment was Abaddon’s before, and it got converted into a prison. From memory, though, it’s circumstantial, and some of it may have come purely from .dat diving.

There was also the odd reference indicating that the goddesses did have their own realms, but as you say we never got to visit them. Presumably they’re better housekeepers than Grenth and Balthazar. :P

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

5 true gods hint?

in Living World

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

I think some of the books were actually a wink wink towards the forums. Some of the topics in those books coincidentally (or not-so-coincidentally) corresponds to some of the more common topic of conversation on the forums (and other places I don’t go).

5 true gods hint?

in Living World

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

I think some of the books were actually a wink wink towards the forums. Some of the topics in those books coincidentally (or not-so-coincidentally) corresponds to some of the more common topic of conversation on the forums (and other places I don’t go).

I agree. “We” are Tyrian scholars and researchers.