in Living World

Posted by: Xyrene.1740

Xyrene.1740

Any tips that I can have? :o

8 Orb Liadri Tips?

in Living World

Posted by: XacTactX.6709

XacTactX.6709

Picking up the orbs of blazing light without getting hit by visions takes serious practice. Learning to kite the visions into the white circles is one thing, after you know one of the visions is going to charge the orb kite the remaining visions away from the orb for 1-2 seconds so you have enough room to pick up the orb. Have a 2+ condi clear to remove cripple and weakness, use sigil of energy, sustained blocks like gear shield and shield stance can stop shadowfall same with invulns.

Anet likely didn’t want to remove the armor stats entirely because…well,
we’ve all seen what happens in games where there’s no disadvantage to taking your pants off.

8 Orb Liadri Tips?

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Blinding the Visions also works for stopping them from killing you (it makes their explosion miss). Aside from that, note that only Evades and Invulnerable skills will save you from them; the Vision’s explosion will go right through blocks and skills like Endure Pain.

For all the above reasons, a Thief is the easiest class to get 8 Orbs on. Stealth skills will make all the Visions (and Liadri) pause to give you time to grab and throw orbs. Ranged conditions (plus traits like Caltrops) let you kite Liadri around while crippling/bleeding her to death.

8 Orb Liadri Tips?

in Living World

Posted by: dodgycookies.4562

dodgycookies.4562

no defiance/stability on the visions. If you have a pull or a kb, you can make orbs much easier and faster.

[ICoa] Blackgate

8 Orb Liadri Tips?

in Living World

Posted by: Hydroclasm.8572

Hydroclasm.8572

The hardest part I found about the fight was playing safely so as not to die to one-shot stuff while also damaging Liadri enough to kill her within the time limit.

You probably know most of this stuff, but just in case:
- Be careful when picking up and throwing the orbs. It takes about a second to do each action, but that’s longer than it sounds when the Visions are chasing after you.
- You can dodge, block, and evade through the shadowfall AoE if you aren’t able to get to a safe zone.
- Turn off postprocessing in the graphics menu to get rid of the screen blur Liadri does (the damage goes through but the visual effect doesn’t mess up your screen anymore).
- During phase 1 you can strafe side to side to avoid Liadri’s ranged attacks (she’ll aim the projectiles where you would be if you continued moving in the same direction you were as she fired them).
- I think that Liadri gets a single stack of vulnerability when you throw an orb at her in phase 2. This may help if you’re not sure you hit her.

I was also able to block explosions from the visions on my ele using arcane shield; not sure why Zaxares got blown up when using block skills.

8 Orb Liadri Tips?

in Living World

Posted by: Yamiga.7863

Yamiga.7863

- I think that Liadri gets a single stack of vulnerability when you throw an orb at her in phase 2. This may help if you’re not sure you hit her.

She does but the stacks only last for 1 minute, which means the first will more likely have vanished when you throw the 8th orb (unless you’re able to throw 5 orbs in less than a minute, in which case I don’t think any tips are needed )

8 Orb Liadri Tips?

in Living World

Zaxares.5419

@Hydroclasm: I’m not sure either, unless the Visions do their explosion damage in multiple packets and perhaps a single hit block skill does not work. (I was on my Warrior, but it’s possible that Shield Stance wore off just as the last Vision hit me.) To be safe, I’d still use your block skills primarily for avoiding shadowfalls and not the Visions.

8 Orb Liadri Tips?

in Living World

Posted by: Halcyon.7352

Halcyon.7352

Keep in mind that you can convert multiple Visions of Mortality in the same swirling white AoE.

It’s very easily possible to kite 2-3 visions at once so that they’re stacked and bring them into the AoE to convert them all at once. Use cripple/chill if you have to.

Tarnished Coast Engineer and… general alt-o-holic.

For the toast!

8 Orb Liadri Tips?

in Living World

Zaxares.5419

I find that you usually don’t have time to throw more than one orb though (either Liadri catches up to you, or you need to run because of shadowfalls). But that said, killing off multiple Visions at once does also give you more space to maneuver, so that can be helpful in its own right.

8 Orb Liadri Tips?

in Living World

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Picking up the orbs of blazing light without getting hit by visions takes serious practice. Learning to kite the visions into the white circles is one thing, after you know one of the visions is going to charge the orb kite the remaining visions away from the orb for 1-2 seconds so you have enough room to pick up the orb. Have a 2+ condi clear to remove cripple and weakness, use sigil of energy, sustained blocks like gear shield and shield stance can stop shadowfall same with invulns.

If you have trouble picking up orbs, play a thief, with 30 in the middle line, 20 in the acrobatics, and 10 in last. Use pistol/dagger. Use trait that remove condi on being cloacked, dodge removed cripple, cloack passive healing,, move faster while stealthed, and ‘blind’ when you stealth. Especially the last is invaluable for 8 orb. If an orb is alone just pick it up and trow it fast. If to much shadows come close, cloack on them just the second one explodes on the light. this will blind them, and make them unable to kill you. And you are cloacked so their attacks dont advance until you decloack. With scorpion wire in the mix, this becomes even better. I did it with a full dire build. Rune of undead/Sigil of bursting (superior), sigil of bleeding (other name, but you get my point 20% bleeding duration). TARGET LIADRA in a calm moment in the first phase. this will make 2nd phase much easier. Keep targetting her. Unless you need to scorpion wire a shadow to trow an orb. You can cloack (cnd) on the shadows, even with liadri selected. Any time you have to auto attack/surprise attack her you should use, cause 3 min is not a whole lot (especially with dire gear, but rabid, is barely better, so i went Dire and just better condi damage). Use the super pizza food (40% condi duration and the crystals that give condi damage. Just keep trying.

For heal i wholeheartedly recommend the 15 sec cd one, that heals, dodges and removes cripple, etc. It’s both great at saving your kitten when dodge is not available, it heals very well (compared to the others, in same timeframe), and it removes her nasty cripple. It also works great as a quick reposition, if you need to get somewhere else, to pull the shadows into a light.

Just keep practising. I made it finally XD but was a close call, i was downed, about to die by aoe/melee liadra AND the metal ground was about to open (timer running out), in the chaos and panic of this moments, the bleeds just ticked hard enough to kill her, and port/rally me upstairs, getting the achievement.

Good luck all, i strongly recommend thief. In first phase, you can speed it up a lot, with the scorpion wire trick.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.