ANET needs to fix the disconnecting.

in Living World

Posted by: CitizenKing.4912

CitizenKing.4912

Seriously, this isn’t acceptable in any way, shape, or form. Playing through a 30 to 45 minute instance, fighting your way to the end, and being disconnected at the last second and forced to start over is amateur-grade BS.

It’s happened to me enough at this point that I literally lose any joy going into instanced personal story missions, because I spend the entire time worried that the game I’m going to lose all of my progress and have to start over again. I work a full time job, I’m not a high school kid anymore with all the time in the world to waste. My after-work hours are precious and if the game is going to quite literally waste them, I’m struggling to see the point of investing any of them into it.

in Living World

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

I’ve not had any issue, nor heard of others having many issues.

Perhaps the problem isn’t on ArenaNet’s end but your internet or computer’s?

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Living World

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

They appear to be starting to fix the issue with hidden checkpoints. When I played the first instance of the newest episode, when I logged back in, it put me back only a short way behind where I was, rather than restarting.

It’s clearly not an easy fix or it would have been done by now, but this says to me work is progressing towards sorting it.

in Living World

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

I seem to be getting a nightly disconnect, usually between 9-10pm Eastern. It’s really infuriating. I’m hoping I don’t regret getting into PoF with this kind of issue being persistent.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

in Living World

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

I seem to be getting a nightly disconnect, usually between 9-10pm Eastern. It’s really infuriating. I’m hoping I don’t regret getting into PoF with this kind of issue being persistent.

Sounds like an internet problem. There is nothing ANet can do about your local connection issues. If I were you, I’d call my provider since this is happening frequently and always around the same hour.

in Living World

Posted by: Cos.4891

Cos.4891

Haven’t posted on these forums in like 5 years but I’m just tagging along to confirm the OP. Let me start off by saying I play many games and have a pretty good internet connection, but GW2 story mode / living world solo stories are the only things randomly giving me disconnections mostly when I’m about to end the instance. Have experienced this at least once in every LS3 chapter now and it makes me pretty mad to see half an hour full of fighting elite mobs and listening to dialogue lost in space, due to an oversight by ANet.

Hoping ANet is actively trying to fix this as I literally lose the motivation to play the game when I log back in after a disconnection only to see all my progress wiped.

Hey