Accessing Bloodstone Fen on Alts

in Living World

Posted by: Boogiepop Void.6473

Boogiepop Void.6473

Given the way you get there, does this mean you have to play the story steps over and over for each alt? Is there a good way to get there without going through the story over and over, ie walking into Verdant brink via Silverwastes instead of playing the prologue over and over?

in Living World

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

There is an account bound item that will let you teleport into the Fen. Put it in a shared inventory slot and you should be able to port all your characters in without doing the story. Its on the ship vendor for 1000 unbound magic.

in Living World

Boogiepop Void.6473

That is awkward comparatively, especially since you need the currency for other things like unlocking flight abilities (why aren’t these part of materies?). I haven’t played the new map enough tot get a sense of how easy or hard it is to get the currency yet, though, so maybe we are just bathing in the stuff and we won’t notice. Would still make more sense to have a portal from verdant brink somewhere, though.

in Living World

Posted by: Lupini.6938

Lupini.6938

Agreed. This seems sort of mean-spirited. Promote us having alts, then throw things in the way of being able to play them where we want. Throughout the entire game there has been at least one portal into a zone. It may be multiple characters, but it’s still one player and this sort of grind is something we all hate.

I was also wondering about the flight skills. I’d have thought they would be under the Ancient Magic mastery line, or even under Gliding. Are those skills account bound, or do we have to do that for every alt? The description doesn’t say “Account Bound.” So I’m guessing we have to grind through the unbound magic over and over and over and…

in Living World

Posted by: Ensign.2189

Ensign.2189

The flight skill unlocks are account bound.

in Living World

Posted by: Rose Solane.1027

Rose Solane.1027

I sincerely hope the account bound item is not the only way to get alts into Bloodstone Fen besides playing the first story steps. That seems to me an anti alt attitude. Specifically as they are having a special sale of an Account slot expansion for 6 days. That doesn’t make a lot of sense to me.

I hope it isn’t for lore reasons (what they said about the lack of a vendor in this map is). The moment “Lore” conflicts with game play it becomes a problem.

Piken Square, The descendants of Gwen

in Living World

Posted by: Lupini.6938

Lupini.6938

The flight skill unlocks are account bound.

Yes, I was finally able to have time to get an alt through the story, and the flight skills are account bound—thankfully!

in Living World

Posted by: bremy.1390

bremy.1390

well, i don’t get why i have to do the story with all of my 12 toons to get there.. i tought, at least, arenanet put a teleport npc at Aerodrome in LA since the first time you go in that map you’re on a airship.
but meh.. i guess i’ve to do the story 12 times then ._.

in Living World

Posted by: Changer the Elder.2948

Changer the Elder.2948

You don’t have to do the story with your alts at all.

And the account bound item stays, it’s not consumed. So even with 12 alts, all you have to do is gather 1000 magic (which is ridiculously easy, just fly around for a while and gobble up the blue blobs) and all your alts have a free instant teleport to Bloodstone Fen.

It just takes a short while and considering the tiny map and nice map rewards (you literally can get map completion in 5 minutes), it’s a good balance.

in Living World

Boogiepop Void.6473

That’s another issue: yet another account bound item taking up space.

in Living World

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

This is the only content we get for 4 months. I’m pretty sure you’ll have plenty of time to get the transport item or take every alt you desire through the story. I’ve already bought the 4 gliding skills the teleport thing and 2 of the 3 exp tomes. It’s not very difficult to get the unbound magic.

in Living World

Posted by: Tekoneiric.6817

Tekoneiric.6817

That’s another issue: yet another account bound item taking up space.

It should just unlock free access to the map waypoints.