Achievements are way too easy

in Living World

Posted by: Dwaynas Avatar.1562

Dwaynas Avatar.1562

I remember the Devs talking about the high difficulty of the achievements for this new living story and that not everyone can do them.
So now I’m here to tell you that this didn’t happen, the Achievements are
WAY TOO EASY, none challenged me, even without a guide at release, I completed every single one on my first try, except the NO TRICKS one – the fail caused by a
bug.

So PLEASE make it more challenging, I play the story, enjoy it for ~1hour, (it really got good now in Season 2) then replay it for the achievements ~1hour – then I end up having nothing to do than grind for Geodes, go back to PvP or WvW.
Stand to your words and make some Achievements REALLY hard, so only 1% or less of the players will manage to complete them, even Crown Pavillion Liadri was too easy.

But a huge + for don’t giving us grind achievements, I liked them, because they gave me something to do, but at the same time I hated them because they where so boring xD.

I want something I need hours and hours to complete, even if it’s just one achievement

Anyone else feeling so?

Edit: Added a strawpoll
Edit2:
Votes: 100 Achievements are ….
hard: ~15% || easy: ~15% || good: ~50% || not worth doing: ~20%

Surprised: not for 1%, but ~15% of the players the achievements are too easy

all is vain – #BelieveInKarl – #EvanForPresident

(edited by Dwaynas Avatar.1562)

in Living World

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

Too easy? Probably they’re too easy for zerk warrior meta then, as I definitely lack DPS for all this DPS-meter stuff aka “kill monsters X and Y before they kill NPCs or time runs out”.

On the other hand, you enjoy the extra 1 hour of playing, while I don’t even feel like replaying it all over again for achievements at all.

20 level 80s and counting.

in Living World

Dwaynas Avatar.1562

Too easy? Probably they’re too easy for zerk warrior meta then, as I definitely lack DPS for all this DPS-meter stuff aka “kill monsters X and Y before they kill NPCs or time runs out”.

On the other hand, you enjoy the extra 1 hour of playing, while I don’t even feel like replaying it all over again for achievements at all.

I’m zerker staff ele.
Why you don’t want to do the achievments, not enough reward or too difficult (I don’t know how other people think about them, I’m only showing my thoughts)

in Living World

Posted by: rincewind.9528

rincewind.9528

I remember the Devs talking about the high difficulty of the achievements for this new living story and that not everyone can do them.
WAY TOO EASY, none challenged me, even without a guide at release, I completed every single one on my first try, except the NO TRICKS one – the fail caused by a
bug.

So PLEASE make it more challenging, I play the story, enjoy it for ~1hour, (it really got good now in Season 2) then replay it for the achievements ~1hour – then I end up having nothing to do than grind for Geodes, go back to PvP or WvW.
Stand to your words and make some Achievements REALLY hard, so only 1% or less of the players will manage to complete them, even Crown Pavillion Liadri was too easy.

But a huge + for don’t giving us grind achievements, I liked them, because they gave me something to do, but at the same time I hated them because they where so boring xD.

I want something I need hours and hours to complete, even if it’s just one achievement

Anyone else feeling so?

Well, I never managed to beat Liadri. And I tried… a lot.
I actually ended unninstalling the game, to stop myselft for farming more tickets and triying again. Was so… so… infuriating.
So, no, I prefer something more, doable.

Something only doable for 1% of the playerbase seems like a waste… why make something to please only a 1% of all people?

in Living World

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

Meh, i do not even want to attempt them alone with my balanced build.
Keeping minions alive, while fighting of enemies, while keeping your cooldowns down to attack the mainbody? nah, not happening…

in Living World

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

While I agree that those achieves are easy, not everyone have the same game skills.
I read people struggling against trash mobs during the story, imagine if they needed to think in other things while still fighting.

I think what Anet meant is that the achievements would be harder than the previous ones, that usually it consisted of kill x mobs, find those items, be in x events and so on, and now they are definitely harder.
Also the “not everyone can do them” doesn’t mean that it was planned to only 10% would get it, I think anet had something like 60~70% (my guess) would get it and the rest not be able to complete it.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

in Living World

Dwaynas Avatar.1562

Hm I think a strawpoll could help

in Living World

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

Voted for “I don’t even bother doing them”, but would’ve voted for “I don’t do them because they’re wearisome” if that option existed.

20 level 80s and counting.

in Living World

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

Cool. I’m honestly not sure if I like the format. “Replaying” the whole thing, having to wait for most of the time until I can try again …

I did episode 1 once, didn’t get the two with the golem/golemites and since I’m not a puzzle jumper I only shrugged (edit: meaning when I got to those two achievements).

I think it’s great for people who like this … I don’t know why I should bother, I just don’t derive too much fun out of it personally, and 12 achievement points? Meh.

I enjoyed doing the achievements for the meta, but for some currency and keys? It just does not excite me, sorry.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

(edited by Rouven.7409)

in Living World

Posted by: Rainin.9812

Rainin.9812

Achievements only attainable by a small percentage of players are annoying.. Just my honest opinion. You are discouraging players who may have a hard time with some stuff skill wise, but still try hard to complete all event achievements. Go try to solo Arah or take a Fort in WvW by yourself. You may like beating your head against a wall, but not everyone does.

in Living World

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Voted for “I don’t even bother doing them”, but would’ve voted for “I don’t do them because they’re wearisome” if that option existed.

I would’ve voted for “I don’t even bother doing them because the story is a cheesegrater to my psyche,” but I didn’t see it there.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

in Living World

Posted by: dkspins.4670

dkspins.4670

Voted “I don’t bother doing them”, except to complete the personal story. I fail at timed aspect jumping (# of charges aspect jumping was okay in the Cliffs). I may do a few of the others, but the rewards are dismal. Not like last year, when completion of the LS1 episodes rewards were like “Gift of Sprockets”, (Candy Corn, and Quartz, infinite watchknight tonic, etc), now each little ach. gives a bag/box/cache of things I don’t care about having. My time is better spent camping out to kill the Nageling giant a few times a day to get the Slayer ach/title, doing world bosses, running a dungeon, even farming for items I do want.

7k hr, 13k AP, 16 char, all classes 80 Sadly, 3.5k hr. Ranger

in Living World

Posted by: broin.3856

broin.3856

Achievements only attainable by a small percentage of players are annoying.

That’s why they’re called achievements and not ‘everyone gets a medal points’.

in Living World

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

they are difficult enough, if you want more difficult achievements chase the more difficult ones.
try to max the overkill with a necro, try to survive long enough to get the survivor achievement with anything but a guardian, make something out of it instead of using an already OP profession and complain that “it’s to easy”.

in Living World

Dwaynas Avatar.1562

they are difficult enough, if you want more difficult achievements chase the more difficult ones.
try to max the overkill with a necro, try to survive long enough to get the survivor achievement with anything but a guardian, make something out of it instead of using an already OP profession and complain that “it’s to easy”.

I did everything with my ele, since when is rhe survivor achievement difficult? and this is the first time as a most times pvp player that i hear ele is op.

in Living World

Posted by: Elrey.5472

Elrey.5472

I’m not a zerker warrior, however i did all the achievements Solo. It took me a few tries, the ones in fort salma to protect the minions i had to reset the instance and repeat it like 6 times. The ones of saving all refugees in the other Fort i had to do it like 10 times just because i never knew where they are.

However, without a guide, all done in 1 day… and i like it.

It’s not like Liadri, which took me 2 days, but it’s really Refreshing stuff for me, which is not just DPS.

So… stop complaining, Anet is going the Right Direction, and that’s more than they ever did in season 1.

ES Wiki Sysop. Vanquiser of the Marionette, Lover of the Aetherpath.
Aens / Ellantriel / Nao To Mori / Saelyth. Commander
Guias de Raids en español / Spanish raiding guides

in Living World

Posted by: Filaha.1678

Filaha.1678

Well, you’re in luck, my friend. There’s a feature in the game perfect for people like you who crave more difficulty, which allows you to tweak the difficulty so that the game is harder!

It’s called unequipping your gear.

Next time you are faced with a combat achievement that you think will be too easy, just strip yourself and do it naked! Instant extra difficulty! For an added challenge, try removing your traits or using a lower level weapon! Still too easy? Put on more restrictions, like no heal skills, no dodges, or, for the Halo Iron Skull fans, reset the instance upon being downed.

Single-player RPGamers have been using “low levels” and “initial equipment” and other restrictions for added challenge for years. Don’t know why you think the game should cater to you while excluding other people when you have good control over how easy or hard your combat is.

try to survive long enough to get the survivor achievement with anything but a guardian

Crafting works wonders.

in Living World

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

Well, you’re in luck, my friend. There’s a feature in the game perfect for people like you who crave more difficulty, which allows you to tweak the difficulty so that the game is harder!

It’s called unequipping your gear.

No, Anet should definitely cater to individuals instead of the 99.99% rest of their customers. LOL

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

in Living World

Posted by: Charrbeque.8729

Charrbeque.8729

On my level 80 warrior I got the overkill achievement by picking up a boulder I found lying on the ground and threw it at an ambient creature. I think it was a mosquito or a rabbit. I can’t remember. So try killing an ambient creature for the achievement. Since those types of creatures only have like 1HP, it’s the very definition of “overkill”.

To be honest I get sick of elitists sayings “it’s too easy; make it harder” and offer no advice on how players can do it differently to make it easier for themselves. Not all of us are as skilled as you. There is no reason to make content harder than it already is for the average player just because you are super skilled and coordinated.

There’s something charming about rangers.

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Well, the poll shows that almost half of the respondents think the current achievements are fine, and those who think it’s too easy or too hard are about even. More don’t even bother with the achievements; they’re probably just in it for the story or the loot.

So, all of that put together means that achievements are fine and should stay as they are.

in Living World

Posted by: melodyca.8921

melodyca.8921

bug.

Anyone else feeling so?

Nope. They are alot more difficult now and that’s great. Any more difficulty and you will alienate a great portion of users. They are fine the way they are.

in Living World

Posted by: Eggman.1405

Eggman.1405

To be honest I get sick of elitists sayings “it’s too easy; make it harder” and offer no advice on how players can do it differently to make it easier for themselves. Not all of us are as skilled as you. There is no reason to make content harder than it already is for the average player just because you are super skilled and coordinated.

Especially when it comes to jumping puzzles! Very frustrating in an environment that has no consistent rules whatsoever regarding what you can and can’t do, to be told you `just need to practice and get better`.

in Living World

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

bug.

Anyone else feeling so?

By any chance, do you hate the devs? Do you simply want to see them unemployed? See, if they follow your advise, then the devs would all be unemployed. Why would they be unemployed? Because by following your advise, 99% of the players would be ignored. Do know what happens when you ignore 99% of your players? They leave. GW2 loses income, devs get laid off.

This is why the devs develop for the majority of their players. They would rather lose the 1% of players that you speak for, than lose the 99% that you speak against.

in Living World

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

Sigh. I will never understand those people demanding “harder content”. As long as the content is fun/enjoyable, does it really matter how hard it is?

in Living World

Dwaynas Avatar.1562

Sigh. I will never understand those people demanding “harder content”. As long as the content is fun/enjoyable, does it really matter how hard it is?

Hard content = fun/enjoyable, I like to be challenged

in Living World

Posted by: Crovax.7854

Crovax.7854

Some people find it fun to be challanged for a change.
I agree that the achievements are very easy. There should be 3 achievements worth 5 points and one addional hard challenge worth 10 points per level.

in Living World

Posted by: Shirogatsu.3150

Shirogatsu.3150

For game itself and player base I think it is perfect point of difficulty.
However, I want want some more challenging achievment :P

And guys, seriously, are you from xx century?
Challenge is not about gear/equipment, it’s about HOW you play to win.
Achievments are not tied to BEST MAX DPS GEAR and lowering equipment is not making game fun at all.
Liadri with orb achievment made me THINK how to overcome this problem, some other achievment with 5 gambits and 2 bosses – too.

Stop comparing real difficulty with dps race and advicing to take off armor. It’s just childhood.

in Living World

Posted by: HiddenNick.7206

HiddenNick.7206

bug.

Anyone else feeling so?

Agreed. It’s to easy. I was startled when I realized how easy it was to earn those achievements(maybe besides the one with jumping puzzle – that one was hard).
And some are just annoying. Like finding something or someone… That’s rather boring than challenging – I always do those with a guide.
What I would like to see are achievements that require cooperation. Maybe add exploration mode for groups? Story instances are instances after all…

in Living World

Posted by: Teofa Tsavo.9863

Teofa Tsavo.9863

Eh, the game can be as difficult as you want to make it, as in examples mentioned. I had a friend who would reroll on char death. He wasn’t on the forums asking for permadeath for others, tho.

And I think that the real issue is bragging rights. You want that. It’s not about challenge. Its all about pointing out to others that you can do what they cannot. It is sweeter when the content is open to all, since you have more to feel superior to.

And as hard as you make it, it won’t be hard enough. Someone will be “that guy” asking for harder AI, more monstas, deleveling, and all kinds of hard core goodness.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

in Living World

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

And some are just annoying.

And that’s the crux, isn’kitten For some, the things posed as “challenges” in GW2 (and many other games) are really just surviving a layer of irritations. They’re not fun, just annoying or “cheap.”

It’s about engagement. As someone said above, the player “had to think to overcome,” which means the player was engaged. There was efficacy in play. That kind of efficacy gets removed when some players look at achievement requirements and think:

That mechanic is inconsistent with the rules of the game.
That mechanic is “cheap” and unfair.
That was designed for a very specific play style or character.

And that all leads to a “game is cheating” mentality that is frequently the opposite of engaging. But, if it’s always the same old encounters arrayed differently, it’s still going to get boring, so the devs have to come up with new mechanics, new tricks, and new situations to get the player thinking again. And it’s very hard to come up with that kind of balance. Better to err on the side of caution than get a huge blowback from frustrated players.

tl;dr – One person’s “annoying” is another person’s “fun,” so… yeah, who cares if the achievements are on the easy side for some people?

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

in Living World

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

I agree. They could do alot more with this system and adding some palpatable hard content into these instances.

Some of the current achievements, while difficult solo, are laughably easy in 3-5 player groups. They should give us a third tier of achievements (or, even better, optional bosses) that offer Liadri-level challenges to both single and 5 party groups.

in Living World

Posted by: Shinzan.2908

Shinzan.2908

Content should be designed with the majority of players in mind, achievements only 1% of people can get would be dumb and a waste of design time in my opinion.

I think the ones we are getting are fine.

in Living World

Dwaynas Avatar.1562

Content should be designed with the majority of players in mind, achievements only 1% of people can get would be dumb and a waste of design time in my opinion.

This 1% we are talking about is most likely playing the game more than the other 99%.
If anet isn’t allowed to make content for this 1%, then there shouldn’t be legendarys in the game and no 50 fractals…
Everyone should have a little bit love, even if it’s only this 1%…

in Living World

Posted by: Lolyta.4582

Lolyta.4582

Just tried the first achievement (don’t let any workers die) on 2 strong characters. Unless there’s some trick to it that I haven’t discovered yet, it’s impossible to solo- groups of Inquest come from two widely-separated paths at once, can’t be kited to the same place and attack two widely-separated groups of ultra-squishy workers at once. Although there is a “rocky ridge” to stand on that looks like it might be in range of both groups of workers, it isn’t- and even worse, you have to jump DOWN to attack one group, then there is no direct way back up to the other group… you have to run to one end or the other of the ridge to reach the upper group- by which time, of course, workers have died while you’re running around. So the physical layout of this “event” makes it virtually impossible to solo the achievement.

I tried with a 1200-range Staff Ele and a 1500-range Ranger with aoe pet, but It is not possible to cover both groups at once or get the workers to move into a single group where they can be defended by a single player. Even more fun, the mobs are smarter than most- the minute you drop Lava Font or Barrage on a group of them, they scatter out of it. Thanks, Anet.

In my humble opinion, “that’s too easy” postings are generally just elitist brags. So, huzzah for whoever thinks this is too easy. You are so uber. We are in awe of you.

For me, I hit the Exit to Desktop button as soon as I fully realized the necessity to solo-defend both widely-separated groups at once. Personal Story achievements that require a group to complete are just infuriating to me and cause me to go play something else, or watch TV.

(edited by Lolyta.4582)

in Living World

Dwaynas Avatar.1562

Just tried the first achievement (don’t let any workers die) on 2 strong characters. Unless there’s some trick to it that I haven’t discovered yet, it’s impossible to solo- groups of Inquest come from two widely-separated paths at once, can’t be kited to the same place and attack two widely-separated groups of ultra-squishy workers at once. I tried with a 1200-range Staff Ele and a 1500-range Ranger with tank pet, but It is not possible to cover both at once or get the workers to move into a single group where they can be defended by a single player.

In my humble opinion, “that’s too easy” postings are generally just elitist brags. So good for whoever thinks this is too easy. You are so uber. We are in awe of you.

For me, I hit the Exit to Desktop button as soon as I fully realized the necessity to solo-defend both widely-separated groups at once. Personal Story achievements that require a group to complete are just infuriating to me and cause me to go play something else, or watch TV.

I did it with a staff ele in meele range… solo

in Living World

Posted by: Lolyta.4582

Lolyta.4582

I did it with a staff ele in meele range… solo

Yayyyy! Huzzah! Woweeeee! Woot! cough

in Living World

Dwaynas Avatar.1562

Yayyyy! Huzzah! Woweeeee! Woot! cough

No cheering, it was not challenging…

in Living World

Filaha.1678

Just tried the first achievement (don’t let any workers die) on 2 strong characters. Unless there’s some trick to it that I haven’t discovered yet, it’s impossible to solo- groups of Inquest come from two widely-separated paths at once, can’t be kited to the same place and attack two widely-separated groups of ultra-squishy workers at once. Although there is a “rocky ridge” to stand on that looks like it might be in range of both groups of workers, it isn’t- and even worse, you have to jump DOWN to attack one group, then there is no direct way back up to the other group… you have to run to one end or the other of the ridge to reach the upper group- by which time, of course, workers have died while you’re running around. So the physical layout of this “event” makes it virtually impossible to solo the achievement.

I tried with a 1200-range Staff Ele and a 1500-range Ranger with aoe pet, but It is not possible to cover both groups at once or get the workers to move into a single group where they can be defended by a single player. Even more fun, the mobs are smarter than most- the minute you drop Lava Font or Barrage on a group of them, they scatter out of it. Thanks, Anet.

In my humble opinion, “that’s too easy” postings are generally just elitist brags. So, huzzah for whoever thinks this is too easy. You are so uber. We are in awe of you.

You mean the first instance of the first chapter? You only have to protect the guys that build the barriers, not anybody else. And they start on the top hill and don’t move to the bottom until the barriers are built on the top. So… you don’t need to defend two groups at once, you just have to follow them.

in Living World

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

Achievements only attainable by a small percentage of players are annoying.. Just my honest opinion. You are discouraging players who may have a hard time with some stuff skill wise, but still try hard to complete all event achievements. Go try to solo Arah or take a Fort in WvW by yourself. You may like beating your head against a wall, but not everyone does.

Let’s rename the whole system “handouts” then. In fact, why bother requiring anyone to do anything to get them at all? Just fill in the blanks of the character sheet when you log in. Actually, that would exclude people on vacations. Just automatically attribute them to accounts! But then what about people who don’t have accounts yet? Actually, we’d better just give them credit when they establish the account too.

In fact, why is there a losing team in sPvP? Why are there TWO losing teams in WvW? We should probably change those systems too, so that the rewards are fair for everyone that tried.

You see what I’m getting at?

Extraordinary effort or skill should absolutely rewarded with extraordinary rewards. That content should exist, and certain rewards should absolutely be reserved for those who go above and beyond to get them. That’s a large part of the problem with GW2. It does a great job of adding inclusive content, but it doesn’t implement any sort of enhanced risk/reward mechanics to give people any reason to attempt to improve.

“Trying” should never be grounds for completely optional and supposedly “elite skill based” content. Just because it’s PvE doesn’t automatically entitle every single player to every single reward. Just as PvP, there should be variant levels of challenge with corresponding levels of reward. Doing well should confer greater rewards.

The achievements are permanent now, so there’s no applicable excuse outside player ability, which can be practiced and improved upon, for those who want an achievement to not, uh, achieve that goal.

The problem is with players that feel they deserve every achievement, and drop, and rare thing in the game simply because they tried to get it. Achievements are not and never should have been things people deserve but rather things people have to make a concerted effort to earn

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

in Living World

Filaha.1678

Let’s rename the whole system “handouts” then. In fact, why bother requiring anyone to do anything to get them at all? Just fill in the blanks of the character sheet when you log in. Actually, that would exclude people on vacations. Just automatically attribute them to accounts! But then what about people who don’t have accounts yet? Actually, we’d better just give them credit when they establish the account too.

In fact, why is there a losing team in sPvP? Why are there TWO losing teams in WvW? We should probably change those systems too, so that the rewards are fair for everyone that tried.

Extraordinary effort or skill should absolutely rewarded with extraordinary rewards. That content should exist, and certain rewards should absolutely be reserved for those who go above and beyond to get them. That’s a large part of the problem with GW2. It does a great job of adding inclusive content, but it doesn’t implement any sort of enhanced risk/reward mechanics to give people any reason to attempt to improve.

“Trying” should never be grounds for completely optional and supposedly “elite skill based” content. Just because it’s PvE doesn’t automatically entitle every single player to every single reward. Just as PvP, there should be variant levels of challenge with corresponding levels of reward. Doing well should confer greater rewards.

The achievements are permanent now, so there’s no applicable excuse outside player ability, which can be practiced and improved upon, for those who want an achievement to not, uh, achieve that goal.

The problem is with players that feel they deserve every achievement, and drop, and rare thing in the game simply because they tried to get it. Achievements are not and never should have been things people deserve but rather things people have to make a concerted effort to earn

And at the end of the day, excluding a majority of the game because a handful of elitists think the game should give them things only they can get is just plain bad business.

Especially in a game which relies on people to actively WANT to spend money on the game, and isn’t subscription based.

I’ve already pointed out how you can get extra challenge if you desire challenge. That way, you get the challenge you want, everyone gets the rewards they are willing to try for.

in Living World

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

And at the end of the day, excluding a majority of the game because a handful of elitists think the game should give them things only they can get is just plain bad business.

Especially in a game which relies on people to actively WANT to spend money on the game, and isn’t subscription based.

I’ve already pointed out how you can get extra challenge if you desire challenge. That way, you get the challenge you want, everyone gets the rewards they are willing to try for.

You’ve also pointed out why you don’t think that extra challenge should be rewarded in any way

That’s extremely bad business. it’s the same reason people complain about “two blues and a green”

This is why dungeons have chests at the end, and why mobs drop loot. Effort+skill=reward.

When the rewards don’t match the challenge, it creates a loop of unfulfilling content that drives a static game with nothing to strive for, and nothing to do but grind uninteresting content aimed at the lowest common denominator.

Of course the core story and zone content should be as accessible as possible, and it should be the majority of the game, but the game also needs world bosses, and elite achievements, and other really difficult content with unique rewards in order to create rewarding play for those that do go above and beyond.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

(edited by PopeUrban.2578)

in Living World

Posted by: melodyca.8921

melodyca.8921

This 1% we are talking about is most likely playing the game more than the other 99%.
If anet isn’t allowed to make content for this 1%, then there shouldn’t be legendarys in the game and no 50 fractals…

Your basically saying that Anet should cater to the Elitists and screw everyone else over.

And when that happens…you will start to see people leave in droves.

in Living World

Dwaynas Avatar.1562

Your basically saying that Anet should cater to the Elitists and screw everyone else over.

No thats not what I’m saying, you try to make me sound like hating the casual players.
I’m just saying everyone should have some love, even the Elitists (I mentioned in my first comment, that I would even be pleased with 1 achievement that achieves my own definition of difficult).

in Living World

Crovax.7854

No, he’s saying they should create a rewarding experience with challenges inspire people to improve. I realise the target audiance for this game is mainly entitled people who think buying the game should give the everything by default but there has to be content for everyone.
People want a challenge. That’s why spelunky was critically acclaimed. That’s why dark souls 1 and 2 were such big hits.

I’ll never have a legendary. I don’t have the time and even if i did, i couldn’t endure such a long grind. I simply do not have enough determination; i lack the required skills.
But does that mean i think i should have one? NO!
It’s okay to not have all the things.

You think everyone should get everything. I think everyone should get the same chance of getting everything.

in Living World

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Achievements are pretty easy, indeed. Done them all with necro or ranger.

If you know your proffesion a bit, don’t copy paste build → follow commander you’ll do everything just fine without single problem maybe switching couple traits or utilities.

I can’t see any serious “combat achievements” coming, though. It’ll be more likely still avoiding some AoE with sidestepping because that’s a challange to majority.

Not that completing achievements isn’t fun. It’s just still nothing special.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Living World

Filaha.1678

People want a challenge. That’s why spelunky was critically acclaimed. That’s why dark souls 1 and 2 were such big hits.

I’ve already pointed out how people can make it more challenging if they want challenges.

It seems that the only argument against it is that people wouldn’t get extra rewards for doing it.

So if that’s the only argument, then it’s not challenges people want, it’s someone patting them on the head afterwards and giving them a cookie so they can show all the other kids that they have a cookie and the others don’t.

If people legitimately just want it more challenging, they control that. Taking off gear can make combat challenges far harder, especially if you combine it with “if I get downed, I exit instance and restart”. If they think they should be rewarded for doing it that way, then they’re clearly not just after a challenge.

in Living World

Posted by: Sunshine.4680

Sunshine.4680

bug.

Anyone else feeling so?

By any chance, do you hate the devs? Do you simply want to see them unemployed? See, if they follow your advise, then the devs would all be unemployed. Why would they be unemployed? Because by following your advise, 99% of the players would be ignored. Do know what happens when you ignore 99% of your players? They leave. GW2 loses income, devs get laid off.

This is why the devs develop for the majority of their players. They would rather lose the 1% of players that you speak for, than lose the 99% that you speak against.

1% trying to rule over the 99%.. swear I seen this somewhere before where a small group of people try to force everyone else to do what they want because they have all the time, money and “skill”.

in Living World

Posted by: Sunshine.4680

Sunshine.4680

Want a challenge? Stop rolling easy classes with zerk builds and run with no traits, no gaming mice and lag yourself. Now you have a challenge, why is it the people who always complain about things being to easy are the ones playing face roll dps classes?

in Living World

Crovax.7854

I’ve already pointed out how people can make it more challenging if they want challenges.

It seems that the only argument against it is that people wouldn’t get extra rewards for doing it.

So if that’s the only argument, then it’s not challenges people want, it’s someone patting them on the head afterwards and giving them a cookie so they can show all the other kids that they have a cookie and the others don’t.

If people legitimately just want it more challenging, they control that. Taking off gear can make combat challenges far harder, especially if you combine it with “if I get downed, I exit instance and restart”. If they think they should be rewarded for doing it that way, then they’re clearly not just after a challenge.

The fact that achievements can’t be viewed by other players renders your whole argument useless. It’s funny how people get offended by the idea of adding something for every group of player in the game.

in Living World

Filaha.1678

The fact that achievements can’t be viewed by other players renders your whole argument useless. It’s funny how people get offended by the idea of adding something for every group of player in the game.

Except my argument isn’t “useless” since, if you bothered to read what it was in reference to:

Clearly he’s not suggesting “just getting an achievement”.

Secondly, I don’t think it should be added because there’s already plenty of ways to increase the challenge if you just legitimately want a challenge. People who play single-player RPGs have been doing it for ages. When people wanted a challenge in the original Final Fantasy, they didn’t write Square to add a harder difficulty mode. They bust out “single character” runs and “only white mage” runs.

The issue here clearly isn’t “I want more challenge”, it’s “I want something that makes me feel superior to others.” Because if people only wanted the challenge, then nothing needs to be added to the game.