Achievements going against design filosophy?

in Living World

Posted by: xDc.3795

xDc.3795

Hello. as a semi-casual palyer i thought it would be fun to get the wintersday master achievement. But holy hell was i wrong. 10.000 drinks and 2.500 candy canes is utterly ridicoulous and can only be done by the grindiest of players. I remember the devs talking about how they tried to design around grinding, but all i see is lots of stupid grinding, for this and so much more…..

in Living World

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Assuming the achievement you’re referring to as “Wintersday Master” is Seasoned Toymaker, you only need to do 18 of the 23 possible achievements to get .

Just skip the super grindy achieves (which are the two you mentioned as well as the 3 repeatable ones which only count once you max the count) and do the rest.

in Living World

Posted by: PyrateSilly.4710

PyrateSilly.4710

They’ve had achievements in the Guild Wars franchise since the start 10 years ago. Yes there have been ones that took a very long time and quite a bit of holiday’s to get enough drinks or sweets to do them. Very normal for them.

in Living World

Posted by: ricky markham.8173

ricky markham.8173

They’ve had achievements in the Guild Wars franchise since the start 10 years ago. Yes there have been ones that took a very long time and quite a bit of holiday’s to get enough drinks or sweets to do them. Very normal for them.

yes they did but they werent seasonal and will be gone at end of wintersday you could do them in nyour own time and take as long as you wanted i know i did

in Living World

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

GW2’s philosophy about grinding was only that it wouldn’t be a requirement for normal play. Everything else, like this achievement, is optional. Not everything is designed to be casual. Back before launch, ArenaNet even had to clarify that, explaining that legendaries were intended for dedicated players and meant to take time. Any dedicated player should easily be able to acquire 10k drinks by the end of Wintersday by simply playing the content for 1-3 hours a day. Now that they’ve removed the time restriction however, anyone can easily acquire it over the next year or more.

in Living World

Posted by: krzysiek.9061

krzysiek.9061

Mmmmm… whole expansion is against GW2 desing philosophy.

(edited by krzysiek.9061)

in Living World

Posted by: Zok.4956

Zok.4956

I remember the devs talking about how they tried to design around grinding, but all i see is lots of stupid grinding, for this and so much more…..

They only tried to design that you do not have to grind for gear or max-level but communicated this in the past in such a way, that it could easily be misunderstood as if there would be no grinding in GW2. Marketing department was surely happy about this.