Adventuer's Mantle 400 Crafting?!

in Living World

Posted by: Almoryk Kane.6085

Almoryk Kane.6085

BS. Make it mystic forge so that all the people that don’t have that high a crafting can make this item.

in Living World

Posted by: Lamir.6702

Lamir.6702

Erm, 400 crafting is dirt cheap to level up, I would have thought the majority of the playerbase has at least 400 in all professions by now…

in Living World

Posted by: Phoenixlin.8624

Phoenixlin.8624

Yeah because you need to have everything in this game by pressing only 1 button. Don’t ever waste your precious effort.

in Living World

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

It is a max-level zone, with max-level drops and as such it makes sense to require high-level crafting.

It doesn’t take much time or money to level up crafting from lvl 1-400.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Living World

Posted by: Ronin.7381

Ronin.7381

BS. Make it mystic forge so that all the people that don’t have that high a crafting can make this item.

Well the reason why it’s not, is because it has stats. So that explains the weight discrepancies. It should have been a skin which upon equipping molds it to your profession based on what character you’re on in binding.

It is a max-level zone, with max-level drops and as such it makes sense to require high-level crafting.

Having spent 35 gold in three to four hours going from 1-400… 35g as a person who doesn’t farm repeatedly, is pretty expensive and the activity itself is time consuming. That being said, I did it well enough and got the head piece.

in Living World

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

Well the reason why it’s not, is because it has stats. So that explains the weight discrepancies. It should have been a skin which upon equipping molds it to your profession based on what character you’re on in binding.

No. Making it a piece of gear means that it can’t be stacked. Not allowing it to be stacked means that players only have a limited number they can carry (instead of multiple stacks of 250 of them)

This means that players need to sell them instead of hoard them since it will be wasting space. This is what is keeping the price relatively low(er) instead of artificially inflated by trading post barons.

in Living World

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Having spent 35 gold in three to four hours going from 1-400… 35g as a person who doesn’t farm repeatedly, is pretty expensive and the activity itself is time consuming. That being said, I did it well enough and got the head piece.

Yeah, it might be expensive if you feel like you need it RIGHT NOW, and buy everything rather than getting it yourself.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Living World

Almoryk Kane.6085

I only have one profession that wears light armor and its my necromancer. So I never bothered with Tailor. I would rather do Leatherworker since I have an engineer and thief but never saw the point since my main is my warrior. All my character pretty much have exotic armor. My War and my Guardian have full ascended stuff. Not sure who has the money or the time to deck out all characters on ascended.

Anyways still seems like a bit of a waste of materials just for one head gear, but a really cool one….Bah guess I know what I’m doing today since Anet won’t make any changes

in Living World

Almoryk Kane.6085

Started at about 8:00 while idly doing some other stuff. Its now 1:30 and I have the Mantle.

And I don’t like it…

Kidding, its actually pretty cool. Not sure it was worth the cost of materials but I got a bunch of new outfits and I salvaged everything for magic find. Over all not that bad but still…

Hopefully I am at least ready for what ever other skins they add in the future that might have to do with crafting. Hopefully nothing too cool for medium armor anytime soon. I’m fresh out of pretty much everything.

in Living World

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Its a piece of exotic armor. Every other piece of craftable exotic armor needs level 400 as well.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in Living World

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Unless it’s tayloring.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

in Living World

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

Yeah, it might be expensive if you feel like you need it RIGHT NOW, and buy everything rather than getting it yourself.

You do realize people can’t farm due to diminishing returns right? Their only options are to buy it off the Trading Post, or Salvaging (which is based on RNG).

Compare how viable it is in other MMOs to get your crafting materials. Gathering Nodes (mining & harvesting) respawn continuously, but this isn’t the case in GW2.

And why do you have a problem with people needing it right now? Isn’t the purpose of Dry Top for level 80s? So according to you, they shouldn’t enjoy the content right now, and that they should wait for weeks or months to accumulate the materials.

in Living World

Posted by: Filaha.1678

Filaha.1678

You do realize people can’t farm due to diminishing returns right? Their only options are to buy it off the Trading Post, or Salvaging (which is based on RNG).

Compare how viable it is in other MMOs to get your crafting materials. Gathering Nodes (mining & harvesting) respawn continuously, but this isn’t the case in GW2.

And why do you have a problem with people needing it right now? Isn’t the purpose of Dry Top for level 80s? So according to you, they shouldn’t enjoy the content right now, and that they should wait for weeks or months to accumulate the materials.

How does not having a specific skin prevent someone from enjoying the content?

Also, it’s nobody’s fault but one’s own if one did not level one’s crafting while on one’s way to 80.

in Living World

Posted by: Carbon Footprint.3421

Carbon Footprint.3421

In all fairness Anet is trying to encourage you to “play” the game by making it only attainable via crafting.

in Living World

Posted by: panzer.6034

panzer.6034

You have an unlimited amount of time to get crafting to 400. There is no need to make it easier or faster because you’re not on a deadline.

in Living World

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Couple of weeks of casual play (and not TP-ing those mats) you’d easy be able to it max, or come very close. Personally I like having something like this, it’s a small one but it’s a goal one can work towards. Besides we’ve had so many mystic forge-style items.

Yes farming will kick in the DR. But if you move from map to map, area to area, play a bit with your alts you get to not have DR.

In all fairness Anet is trying to encourage you to “play” the game by making it only attainable via crafting.

And some variety.

in Living World

Posted by: Bombsaway.7198

Bombsaway.7198

This is about the only game I can think of where you have to do your own crafting.
There will be many who simply say that crafting should not be mandatory at all.
Tough issue. 1-400 isn’t bad as the responder points out but it gets old to have to craft.

in Living World

Filaha.1678

This is about the only game I can think of where you have to do your own crafting.
There will be many who simply say that crafting should not be mandatory at all.
Tough issue. 1-400 isn’t bad as the responder points out but it gets old to have to craft.

Crafting isn’t mandatory unless you want entirely optional skins. The helmet is no better than any exotic 80.

in Living World

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Personally I think that looking at the cost of crafting is kind of a red herring. Yeah, it isn’t expensive to level the relevant crafting skill, but it doesn’t make a lick of sense at all to need to do that.

“Okay, so I have these goggles… And a mask… But how do I… How do I put them on at the same time? Gosh, maybe if I were better at stitching this would be way easier.”

And yeah, asking Zomorros to help you out doesn’t make a heck of a lot of sense either, but at least it’s the already established way to combine items.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

(edited by Sarrs.4831)

in Living World

Posted by: DragonFlykm.8621

DragonFlykm.8621

Does anyone know if u were to unlock the 2 skins, can you then use the items to make the mantle as well? Has anyone tried, cause otherwise you would need 2 copies of each item to have all 3 skins in total.

in Living World

Ronin.7381

Does anyone know if u were to unlock the 2 skins, can you then use the items to make the mantle as well? Has anyone tried, cause otherwise you would need 2 copies of each item to have all 3 skins in total.

I believe you have to unlock each skin individually before crafting otherwise it just binds the Mantle by default. But don’t quote me on that as I bought the scarf and goggles individually and then unlocked them each before getting to 400 and crafting the mantle. Wouldn’t come as a surprise if it did unlock all three skins upon crafting the mantle in that case.

in Living World

Posted by: Raire.7983

Raire.7983

I would have thought the majority of the playerbase has at least 400 in all professions by now…

It would be interesting to know what the percentages are on that – I would have thought that most players would stop doing something so insanely dull fairly quickly, but then this is an MMO, so who knows…

in Living World

Posted by: JusticarArkiel.1564

JusticarArkiel.1564

I believe you have to unlock each skin individually before crafting otherwise it just binds the Mantle by default. But don’t quote me on that as I bought the scarf and goggles individually and then unlocked them each before getting to 400 and crafting the mantle. Wouldn’t come as a surprise if it did unlock all three skins upon crafting the mantle in that case.

you can just craft the combined headgear, it unlocks all the previous skins as soon as you do, and its automatically account-bound

Fix what you have before you build something new

in Living World

Posted by: Nidome.1365

Nidome.1365

I have 400+ in every craft without buying materials from the TP to do it.
Anyone who complains about the cost of levelling crafting skills – it’s your choice, you didn’t have to do it that way, stop complaining.

in Living World

Ronin.7381

you can just craft the combined headgear, it unlocks all the previous skins as soon as you do, and its automatically account-bound

I see, shame the skin isn’t universal though.

in Living World

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

If you get it yourself you are consuming 35g worth of materials. If you only view gold as your wealth you are simply incorrect. Every item of any value is wealth. A person with 10 gold but the Ghasltly Shield skin is far wealthier than a person with 100 gold.

It’s expensive no matter how you do it. Any time spent farming the materials to level up crafting could be spending running dungeons for gold (anyone who farms materials is far less efficient than someone who runs dungeons, who is less efficient than someone who plays the trading post).

At the end of the day, we have the Mystic Forge. The Mystic Forge provides equal access to every player regardless of their crafting investment. Plenty of players don’t enjoy crafting, even more players think levelling it up to be a complete waste of time and resources. What sense does it make to require players to level up any crafting discipline for an item like this? You are literally burning resources you obtained solely to level crafting, to create items you don’t want, simply to level up an arbitrary system.

Crafting is just an elaborate ruse to trigger skinner box conditioning in MMO player minds and artificially create a market for resources. It doesn’t add gameplay, it adds barriers and skinner box inspired archaic MMO progression.

in Living World

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

People are always complaining that crafting is useless… they introduce a skin that can only be made through crafting… people complain they don’t want to craft… Anet can’t win either way.

I say the more skins added to crafting the better. At least it wasn’t in the gem store.

in Living World

Posted by: Bombsaway.7198

Bombsaway.7198

People are always complaining that crafting is useless… they introduce a skin that can only be made through crafting… people complain they don’t want to craft… Anet can’t win either way.

I say the more skins added to crafting the better. At least it wasn’t in the gem store.

They can easily appeal to both camps by making crafting useful AND allowing all crafted items to be purchased on TP. Problem solved!

in Living World

Filaha.1678

It’s expensive no matter how you do it. Any time spent farming the materials to level up crafting could be spending running dungeons for gold (anyone who farms materials is far less efficient than someone who runs dungeons, who is less efficient than someone who plays the trading post).

And they’re all far less efficient than one who drops $10 on the game and turns the gems into gold. Which would give you plenty enough to get from 1 to 400.

At the end of the day, we have the Mystic Forge. The Mystic Forge provides equal access to every player regardless of their crafting investment. Plenty of players don’t enjoy crafting, even more players think levelling it up to be a complete waste of time and resources. What sense does it make to require players to level up any crafting discipline for an item like this? You are literally burning resources you obtained solely to level crafting, to create items you don’t want, simply to level up an arbitrary system.

Plenty of players don’t like jumping puzzles. Should we remove the necessity to do jumping puzzles in order to get the rewards for doing jumping puzzles? Maybe just open up back doors to all the jumping puzzles and let people walk in?

There’s also plenty of people who don’t like dungeons, yet are forced to if they want the skins of the dungeon armour. Should we make all those purchasable without having to do dungeons too? And they might be after multiple skins, too! The thing you’re complaining about is only one skin.

There’s also plenty of people who don’t like WvW, yet are forced to do it if they want map completion. And that’s even worse on them because crafting is 100% available at all times. WvW maps? Nope. Gotta have the right time when your server is taking spots. If your server is low pop or doesn’t WvW at the times you’re available? Sucks for your map completion, because you’re not getting it unless you transfer.

Don’t kid yourself. They’re not forcing you, or anyone, to craft. All you get out of it is ONE skin. You’re not missing out on any content or awesome stat equipment.

It’s all a matter of perception, anyways. You see it as “We’re forcing you to craft, filthy player.” I see it as “Oh, you took the time to level your crafting while you were on the way to 80? Congrats, here’s a perk.”

Remember, if you didn’t craft while you were leveling to 80, it’s not their fault. It’s yours.