in Living World

Posted by: Maz.8604

Maz.8604

Attachments:

After 4 mos of Living Story, How It Feels

in Living World

Posted by: HELLruler.4820

HELLruler.4820

Idk why that dungeon is temporary. Is ANet going to remove the living story in May update?

in Living World

Posted by: Lucyfer.9517

Lucyfer.9517

One small update per month didn’t make this story feel to alive. More like stale story.

in Living World

Posted by: DrixTrix.7168

DrixTrix.7168

its temporary, this chapter of the living story is finishing so it wont be sticking around, the Living Story concept itself is not being removed, they will make another arc with a different enemy.

in Living World

Posted by: rizzo.1079

rizzo.1079

I wish I didn’t have to do a dungeon to finish it, before that it was fun:)

in Living World

Posted by: Rhaps.8540

Rhaps.8540

Thank god they added a dungeon, before it was boring.

Seafarer’s Rest – Guild Leader The Deamon Army [TDA]

in Living World

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

Same here- I enjoyed it but I won’t see the end now.
I was really hoping that the end dungeon scaled like the Rox and Barham instances because I just did those solo those no problems.

if Anet would consider scaling all the dungeons to the amount of players I would be the happiest person in Tyria.
Destiny’s Edge can lend a hand

Gunnar’s Hold

in Living World

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

I feel for you. I finished the dungeon today because you know …

Training next week
Child incoming
Short holiday

today I had 2 hours, I had to finish it today. I managed but it didn’t feel good.

Please a.net …. don’t remove your content. It’s good, let us keep it.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

in Living World

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

What they needed to do was add the dungeon for the big fight that breaks the power of the enemies, and then have the conclusion be solo-able in a separate mission. That way people that like the big fights and dungeons can have what they want, but everyone still gets to see the ending of it all.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

in Living World

Posted by: gurugeorge.9857

gurugeorge.9857

I’ve been enjoying the living story stuff, but I only interact with it in the course of my travels. I don’t have much of a completionist attitude about it. I figure there are going to be plenty more in the future, and at some point I might follow one all the way through, but at the moment, it’s mainly just something that’s keeping the world a bit fresh each time I come back and play. Which is good.

in Living World

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

The living story to me was a way for them to express something for the world to seem alive however it seems they’ve overestimated how the story affected the players.

We needed a focus on the open world that wasn’t guild related and the living story did NOT deliver that. What we needed were more metas more reasons to be in the lower level zones and the occasional battle with something or the triggered battles with that shadow swamp boss isn’t going to cut it.

Basically what they need to do is what they promised us they would do is make open world THE priority over anything else in development (including dungeons) which means LOTS more metas LOTS more events of other kinds (like those leading up to the metas) no more waiting 1:30 hours OVER the time that the meta events like dragons are to appear because that just wastes the time of the players and people don’t like wasting time. We need better rewards (cosmetics: where are the cloaks the hooded cloaks the backpacks for jobs like hunter or scholar or map maker? where are the cosmetics that don’t require you run a dungeon or play pvp to achieve?

We need more crafting recipes and less mystic toilet stuff make crafting useful again and not some leveling tool to be trained over when you get your armor set done.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

in Living World

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

It feels dull and boring to me.
Personally I don’t care for the story, unless, if its really good, and this is a MMO.

in Living World

Posted by: Sinned.8419

Sinned.8419

If they are going to continue this living story content, they are going to need to increase the amount of content over time. Instead of a once a month patch that introduces stuff, it would need to be weekly. It needs to evolve more rapidly and be less stale. I have enjoyed the concept of the living story, but it does need more stuff to do over a course of a month instead of the day of the patch.

Guild Wars 2 Machinimas and Let’s Plays found at www.youtube.com/delusionalquester

in Living World

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

Agreed. I will never run the dungeon so the story is over for me. It’s a terrible feeling not being able to finish the story. I would have liked to see how it all played out.

in Living World

Rhaps.8540

I do feel bad for people unable to do the dungeon, but I don’t really understand people that are unwilling to try. I mean dungeons are such a big part of mmos that it’s odd to expect everything to be soloable, even a living story arc. After all, if I wanted solo content I’d go play a brilliant single player rpg like Skyrim instead, not an mmo.

That way I’d never feel like im forced to play a way I don’t enjoy or miss out on content I won’t do for whatever reasons.

in Living World

Posted by: Fiontar.4695

Fiontar.4695

Way back when Colin told us that to keep the game world feeling fresh, we would see a constant influx of new events across the game world, with the prediction that by the end of year one, we would have two to three times as many DEs in the world as we had at launch. Now, we are eight months in and not only has none of that materialized, but there are still events in game that have been broken since launch that have not been fixed or replaced.

It seems that this living story thing was what we got instead of a concentrated effort on DE development. I’m sorry, but the Living Story is just a big smoke and mirror show to try to mask how little actual content addition the game world has seen since launch!

Shelve the entire LS concept and get back to work on what was originally promised. GW2 has a massive, beautiful game world and level scaling allows players more and more access to that content as they level up. What holds the game back is the concentration of DEs being appropriate only in low level zones AND the staleness of a “living game world” where “dynamic events” have failed to evolve.

in Living World

Posted by: Vulpis.8063

Vulpis.8063

Agreed. I will never run the dungeon so the story is over for me. It’s a terrible feeling not being able to finish the story. I would have liked to see how it all played out.

Just to warn you—don’t bother progressing too far in your Personal Story, as they pull the same thing there as well—the big fight against the Elder Dragon is another lousy 5-man WoW Raid. :-/ Very bad ball-drop by ArenaNet, given that and the F&F ender are the only places in the entire game where forced grouping is mandatory. Literally everything else is either soloable, a drop-in/drop-out public event, both, or the completely optional ’Destiny’s Edge getting the band back together’ side-story dungeons.

in Living World

Posted by: Mastruq.2463

Mastruq.2463

What they needed to do was add the dungeon for the big fight that breaks the power of the enemies, and then have the conclusion be solo-able in a separate mission. That way people that like the big fights and dungeons can have what they want, but everyone still gets to see the ending of it all.

My understanding is that they’ve done just that. The dungeon runs are breaking the power of the MA like you said, and the story conclusion that follows afterwards (May 12th-16th i think) is in the main cities, and probably accessible for everyone.

in Living World

Rhaps.8540

Just to warn you—don’t bother progressing too far in your Personal Story, as they pull the same thing there as well—the big fight against the Elder Dragon is another lousy 5-man WoW Raid. :-/ Very bad ball-drop by ArenaNet, given that and the F&F ender are the only places in the entire game where forced grouping is mandatory. Literally everything else is either soloable, a drop-in/drop-out public event, both, or the completely optional ’Destiny’s Edge getting the band back together’ side-story dungeons.

Wait so the dungeon story with Destiny’s Edge is an optional side-story, but for some reason the personal story and living story aren’t? You can still get to 80 and access all non-instanced areas without doing personal story or living story content. They are also optional.

Anet has set a clear trend with their major progressive story content, it all contains dungeons. They aren’t like WoW raids, they’re for the most part pretty casual actually. I wouldn’t say Anet is dropping the ball, I’d say you are playing the wrong type of game if you find instanced group content so off-putting.

in Living World

Posted by: Vulpis.8063

Vulpis.8063

My understanding is that they’ve done just that. The dungeon runs are breaking the power of the MA like you said, and the story conclusion that follows afterwards (May 12th-16th i think) is in the main cities, and probably accessible for everyone.

That’s nice. Of course if you don’t do the forced-grouping WoW raid, then you might as well not bother with the epilogue—all that work on achievements for the past couple of months has been completely worthless, and you’re not getting any reward for particpating—you only get those gloves for doing the raid (or more accurately, seeing the story scenes that you can only get by completing the raid).

in Living World

Posted by: Ekemeister.8905

Ekemeister.8905

I like the dungeon. However, the living story doesn’t seem like a living story. Living story implies at least a hybrid between player driven/created content and “theme park” style yarns. This isn’t a living story as much as it is any other event.

in Living World

Posted by: Grileenor.1497

Grileenor.1497

After those months with the “living story” all that remains is the big hope for a normal big expansion for real money. The first month hat nothing, neither “living” nor “story” just some signs to hit. The second month had again big words from Colin but neither much “living” nor “story” as well. Running around and grind some here and there, but where was something worth calling “story” anyway?

The third month Rox and Braham appeared and some small instances (15 minutes of fun) and yes, some story as well. Finally there was hope for the system. We had perhaps an hour of joy – not the scale Colin never ceases to advertise loudly, but hey, it was the most near to those promises made by ArenaNet for the living story that far.

Now we have the fourth month of promises. “Never seen before challenge” … really, we fight country shaking dragons. Such a puny shaman is most definately not “never seen before”. The dungeon is fun, no doubt, but the story around it, those bits of story offered to us is shale, mediocre, name it.

After four months of “living story” I say: cease it, stop it, it’s not worth the time. Give us a real expansion with stuff to explore, story which is worth to read and hear, dungeons and more and we will gladly pay for it. Not this cheap stuff you guys offered since release. No Colin, it’s not great, unseen before or better than all other game out there. Most MMOs I played offered better stuff for free than this living story. Really.

I still love the game, but for all it had on release day. After that… I would not pay a cent for it. And yes I am still playing