All five races servants of the Dragons?

in Living World

Posted by: Brother Dulfite.5793

Brother Dulfite.5793

People have been talking a TON about how it’s certain that Sylvari were meant to be servants of Mord until the human and centaur came along. But I just thought about something way beyond that. What if every major race native to Tyria (not humans) was originally designed to be servants of an ED? What if that is one of the reasons the gods brought the humans to Tyria? I’m thinking maybe the gods were trying to be proactive in an anti dragon way be giving Tyria a race that could battle harden the other races into shape (charr) and misdirect dragon minions from their purpose (Sylvari). What if the Charr, the Norn, AND the Asurans were all meant to be dragon minions too along with the Sylvari but at some point were tempted away by some scheme of the gods to disrupt the power of the dragons?

in Living World

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

The Gods doesn’t seem to be aware of the existence of the Dragons though.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Living World

Posted by: CaptainVanguard.4925

CaptainVanguard.4925

I think you’re looking into this too deeply.

The Charr are a primal race who have become independent of their former archaic ways, they are a race of conquerors, the flame legion was just a means to an end.

The Norn have no love of dragons, at all, they never have, they utterly despise dragons probably more than any of the other races of Tyria, even before they had to face off with them.

The Asura really don’t care about Dragons, they’re to occupied studying the depths and intricacies of the universe to honestly give a kitten about some over sized reptiles trying to devour everything.

Humans are too busy killing themselves, even during GW1 and its prologue The Guild Wars themselves, Humans have always been more interested in killing and conquering humans than actually fighting dragons.

And Sylvari?

Well they’re the wildcard, we don’t know with 100% certainty they are linked to dragons but Scarlets story does gives us some kind of link, especially when Omadd’s machine only allowed her to explore what was already within her own subconscious.

So, possibly? But the rest of the races, no, no link at all.

in Living World

Posted by: Vexander.9850

Vexander.9850

I think you’re looking into this too deeply.

The Norn have no love of dragons, at all, they never have, they utterly despise dragons probably more than any of the other races of Tyria, even before they had to face off with them.

Humans are too busy killing themselves, even during GW1 and its prologue The Guild Wars themselves, Humans have always been more interested in killing and conquering humans than actually fighting dragons.

I wouldn’t agree with these two points. Some Norn love the Dragons; the Sons of Svanir. Not only that, they’re tolerated enough to have a place in -Hoelbrak- no less.

That said, I can’t say I’m exactly aware of humans constantly killing other humans. Not large-scale wars at any rate. I can’t think of any wars between, say, Kryta and Ascalon, or Orr and Ascalon, or Kryta and Orr, and I don’t think Elona or Cantha are anywhere close enough to another human kingdom to even wage war on them.

in Living World

Posted by: Avascar.9237

Avascar.9237

Thinking about this human dragon gives me the chills.

Attachments:

in Living World

Posted by: CaptainVanguard.4925

CaptainVanguard.4925

The Norn that joined with Svanir weren’t like that from the start, the idea of them being intended to be Dragon Minions is unlikely since they never “intended” to join Dragon until Jora unintentionally made a dark martyr out of Svanir.

Likewise, the entire back story of Humanity before the Charr invaded was about the “Guild Wars” which had the human nations falling into civil chaos, Kryta, Ascalon, Orr in the end were too busy destroying themselves from within to actually worry about Charr, it was only the impending Charr invasion that ended the Guild Wars in the first place.

Human’s weakness in the setting has been their strength, they are a proud, arrogant race of very ambitious individuals, some for good, many for evil.

The themes of all 3 of Guild Wars original storyline before EOTN themed around humanity and its flaws, 9/10 times every story had a human antagonist and human protagonists. You also forget the conflict between the Margonites (Former Humans) and the Elonans, or the fact the Kurzics and Luxons during Factions timeline were fighting wars over Jade.

Humans are the most ignorant race in the setting, that’s why even now with Kryta reborn, the Ministry and the Royal Retainers exist, and I can guarantee eventually the Ministry will have a shot at trying to take over Kryta, since its the nature of the Human race to destroy itself before the dragons do.

in Living World

Posted by: KarateKid.5648

KarateKid.5648

I thought I was the only one who wondered about this…

in Living World

Posted by: Steel Fenrir.2791

Steel Fenrir.2791

I’ve read somewhere in-game that the Norn and the Jotuns were both the “chosen ones” by the so-called “gods” before the Humans came along. When the “gods” abandoned them, Norns started to bond with the Spirits of the Wild, while the Jotuns went apekitten amongst themselves.

That seems weird, or were they feigning ignorance to their worshipers? But why would they feign ignorance if that was the case? Do they know the dragons will rise once again?

in Living World

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

I’ve read somewhere in-game that the Norn and the Jotuns were both the “chosen ones” by the so-called “gods” before the Humans came along. When the “gods” abandoned them, Norns started to bond with the Spirits of the Wild, while the Jotuns went apekitten amongst themselves.

That seems weird, or were they feigning ignorance to their worshipers? But why would they feign ignorance if that was the case? Do they know the dragons will rise once again?

The Dragons existed long, long before the Gods even visited Tyria. The Dragons were asleep when the Gods were around.

in Living World

Posted by: CMstorm.8679

CMstorm.8679

Charr have no gods

in Living World

Posted by: Stormy Dragon.9210

Stormy Dragon.9210

Humans aren’t native to tyria. The six gods brought them from someplace in the mists when they arrived.