All of the achievements are disappointing

in Living World

Posted by: weskay.9217

weskay.9217

Having to do a certain quest over and over again is what gets tedious and boring. The old-style of achievements were something along the lines of: kill boss without getting X on you or kill X amount of enemies in the map. It was just grindy, tedious and boring. The achievements they have now are not any better (some anyways). Take the Foefire quest for example. Kill Barridan without getting knocked down or back. One knockdown/back and you’re out. Reset. It’s just as grindy, tedious, and boring.

www.vanquishing.enjin.com

(edited by weskay.9217)

in Living World

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

what achievements would you like to see, then?

in Living World

Posted by: sharkstein.2109

sharkstein.2109

Achievements too easy: people complain.
Achievements too hard: people complain.
No achievements: people complain.

See where this is going?

“Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness”.
— Every heartbroken Guild Wars fan on GW2

in Living World

Posted by: Saint.5647

Saint.5647

Having to do a certain quest over and over again is what gets tedious and boring. The old-style of achievements were something along the lines of: kill boss without getting X on you or kill X amount of enemies in the map. It was just grindy, tedious and boring. The achievements they have now are not any better (some anyways). Take the Foefire quest for example. Kill Barridan without getting knocked down or back. One knockdown/back and you’re out. Reset. It’s just as grindy, tedious, and boring.

Well, most can be done in one go. I agree that there are a few mutually exclusive ones that shouldn’t be that way. Shouldn’t have to redo it just to meet different objectives.

As for the knockdown one? That’s fine. You’re not made to repeat it or “grind.” The alternative is being a better player or focusing more and dodging. No problems getting those ones.

One True God
Fashion Forward!
Guild Wars Dinosaur

in Living World

Posted by: Omg Im Target.3095

Omg Im Target.3095

See where this is going?

Put rewards in, people won’t complain. Fun eh?
The achievements are good but the rewards lack so hard. I mean come make it more rewarding you can’t do each achiv. multiple times.

in Living World

Posted by: Fluffy.9524

Fluffy.9524

The achievements are good but the rewards lack so hard. I mean come make it more rewarding you can’t do each achiv. multiple times.

The rewards – AP towards permanent account wide boosts are too good. The AP is the only reason to do the tedious and annoying achievements. I would rather the game didn’t offer large carrots on a stick to induce me to play tedious and annoying content. That especially goes for the daily chores to earn AP and laurels.

Like a rat in a laboratory experiment we press a lever 100 times and a lump of cheese drops and the Devs seem to think we must enjoy it because we keep doing it.

in Living World

Posted by: Kotone.6597

Kotone.6597

See where this is going?

If we do have reward from meta: “Yet another back pack”

in Living World

Posted by: Omg Im Target.3095

Omg Im Target.3095

The rewards – AP towards permanent account wide boosts are too good. The AP is the only reason to do the tedious and annoying achievements. I would rather the game didn’t offer large carrots on a stick to induce me to play tedious and annoying content. That especially goes for the daily chores to earn AP and laurels.

Like a rat in a laboratory experiment we press a lever 100 times and a lump of cheese drops and the Devs seem to think we must enjoy it because we keep doing it.

That’s for you. Annoying? It’s some challange and wouldn’t call this annoying. People who mostly call things annoying don’t have any skills to beat this. Achievements are atleast different. You do it once and tada, ITS DONE. The achievements are atleast different compared to other stuff in gw2 which is grind because you do same things multiple times, achievements otherwise are different. Don’t say achievements are grindy, that’s really weird to hear.

in Living World

Posted by: Fluffy.9524

Fluffy.9524

People who mostly call things annoying don’t have any skills to beat this.

Oh thanks for the mandatory if you complain about anything here it is because you don’t have any skill comment.

How much skill does it take to harvest nodes or salvage items for 2/5ths of almost every daily? How much skill does it take to listen to NPCs drivel on and click through responses in the multiple repeats of living story instances you have to go through?

in Living World

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

The old meta-achievement was better. Anet seems to “fix” things, when they don’t need fixing. At least in the old-meta system you could socialize in /map chat, ask for help, and group up. With this new system, you’re confined in your own instance, and the only options are to wait at the entrance, ask for help, or use the LFG tool.

Some of you will think there isn’t any difference, but there is. With the old system, you are more mobile, experiencing the world, socializing, and sharing the environment with others, all while waiting for help if you need it. With this new system, it feels more like waiting for a dungeon run.

The old system had better rewards which were desirable, such as titles and gear. The new system has optional materials that aren’t desirable.

(edited by nexxe.7081)

in Living World

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

Wow, how you can say the old “Do this X times” and “Pick up all X of these” are somehow better than the new game play related achievements is mind blowing.

The old system completely sucked, @nexxe what gear was there for the old achieves again? Backpacks for metas?

The old system was a bunch of people in mapchat spamming wherever the new event was or just zerging the content in a giant wave of “Press 1 Here”

in Living World

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I’ll be happy if any didn’t bug out. Even crate scrapper wont tick when I do it!!

in Living World

Posted by: weskay.9217

weskay.9217

It is tough to say what alternative achievements should be like without adding extra things onto the LS. I think it would be fun if there were secrets or hidden things to find. Has anyone played any of the Tomb Raider games? I thought it was a lot of fun doing the riddles within the Croft Manor; one clue lead to another clue, that clue lead to another, so on and so forth. I think it would be a lot of fun to have something like that for the achievements section. Honestly, I feel like they should have /spoiler alert/ done it for the crown quest.

www.vanquishing.enjin.com

in Living World

Posted by: Mireles Lore.5942

Mireles Lore.5942

I have 3 complaints about the new achievements.

Its dumb that you can not get them your first run though. As someone that always has 4 guildies with me when I do it the first time, we would get most achievements the first run through. I don’t understand why we have to be made to repeat the story for the sake of repeating it.

Repeated dialog and delay on retry. While there is nothing wrong with achievements you can fail at and have to retry. It does get annoying when you have to get through dialog and fluff before you can try again. Can we structure repeating the story in a way that skips dialog or restarts a boss fight?

The last is mutually exclusive objectives. It just makes things kind of tedious and awkward to have to do beat things two opposite ways, forcing people to repeat it. One way is usually challenging and the other is failing or avoiding that challenge. Can’t we be more creative than this? Personally, I like to test my skill to see if I can get am all done at once and be done with it.

Director – Xunlai Heroic Service Agents [XHSA] | Yak’s Bend
http://xunlaiheroes.wix.com/xhsa

(edited by Mireles Lore.5942)