An expansion would be great...

in Living World

Posted by: Nat.4029

Nat.4029

Even if you try to work into that angle, which I disagree with, because I’d still buy another stand alone game that could be played by itself or linked to GW2 which would expand upon the GW2 universe ergo it is an expansion. Yes that’s right I will pay good money for good content, the stuff they are doing with LW is free content for a reason.

Eye of the North the only expansion by your definition still provided way more content than LW has. On top of that all of EOTN is permanent repayable content that you can play at your own pace, because it was so robust they didn’t need to gate the content in two week increments to extend the play life. This allowed player to enjoy it at their own pace rather than an outside force dictate it for them.

edited, got my Anet products mixed up. Meant EOTN typed Nightfall by mistake.

I agree 100%.
The fact some people actually believe LS delivered the same content as EOTN (or any of the campaigns) is unfathomable, inconceivable and outright laughable.

It’s just not true in so many ways (most of which are stated above).

I didn’t see Neenja’s post. Spot on and pretty much what I just said. And you used “Laughable”… great minds think alike.

Valar Morghulis

in Living World

Posted by: MastaNeenja.1537

MastaNeenja.1537

I think it was actually Windu that used laughable but it’s all good, I had the same sentiment.

in Living World

MastaNeenja.1537

Factions, Nightfall and Eye of the North says hi.

Anet produces better work when they have had a reasonable amount of time to design and test it.

Factions and Nightfall were not expansions. They were their own games and were being developed even before Prophecies was released as far as I remember.

The only actual expansion GW1 had was Eye of the North. And that didn’t really add much more than the LS have done (and it took much longer time to release that as well.)

According to Wikipedia, Prophecies what people may view as the base game for GW1, Factions, and Nightfall were all campaigns, and EOTN was the only expansion. So points for lordkrall, who is technically correct.

So EOTN is the only expansion? It still has more content that what we have so far with the LW. I’ll argue that all day if you like.

The thing is that exactly one year after Prophecies, Factions came out. What do we have to show a year later after GW2 has come out?

Hmm not quite the same is it?

Fair enough I’ll stop asking for expansions and start asking for Campaigns
As far as LW goes i wish they’d put that on hold and improve the core of the game but then again I also wish I had … ~pinky to corner of mouth~ One million dollars….

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guild_wars#Campaigns

(edited by MastaNeenja.1537)

in Living World

Nat.4029

I think it was actually Windu that used laughable but it’s all good, I had the same sentiment.

I was speaking to Windu about your post. It was confusing.

Valar Morghulis

in Living World

MastaNeenja.1537

Oh ok, well that clears the air lol.

in Living World

Nat.4029

Anet produces better work when they have had a reasonable amount of time to design and test it.

Factions and Nightfall were not expansions. They were their own games and were being developed even before Prophecies was released as far as I remember.

The only actual expansion GW1 had was Eye of the North. And that didn’t really add much more than the LS have done (and it took much longer time to release that as well.)

According to Wikipedia, Prophecies what people may view as the base game for GW1, Factions, and Nightfall were all campaigns, and EOTN was the only expansion. So points for lordkrall, who is technically correct.

So EOTN is the only expansion? It still has more content that what we have so far with the LW. I’ll argue that all day if you like.

The thing is that exactly one year after Prophecies, Factions came out. What do we have to show a year later after GW2 has come out?

Hmm not quite the same is it?

Fair enough I’ll stop asking for expansions and start asking for Campaigns
As far as LW goes i wish they’d put that on hold and improve the core of the game but then again I also wish I had … ~pinky to corner of mouth~ One million dollars….

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guild_wars#Campaigns

Campaign, Chapter, Expansion….it doesn’t really matter what it’s called to me. The fact of the matter is that it “expands” upon the vanilla game. I don’t see why these people think they have an argument because Anet decided to call Factions and Nightfall a campaign. Sure you could buy and play them as separate games, but it’s still Guild Wars and it’s still part of the game world and it still adds an enormous amount of content to the game (expands the game). I think I’ve decided that patience is the best thing right now. In hopes of Anet announcing a huge content patch/expansion/chapter/campaign….

That’s all we can really hope for right now. Living Story is a good way to pass the time before real and substantial content is added in the future.

Valar Morghulis

in Living World

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

I wasn’t aware my post was confusing.
The abridged version: I agreed with Neenja. ^^

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

in Living World

Nat.4029

No, see now we have more confusion. I didn’t mean your post was confusing. I meant that mine was.

Now we’re confused more. Need expansion…

Valar Morghulis

in Living World

No, see now we have more confusion. I didn’t mean your post was confusing. I meant that mine was.

Now we’re confused more. Need expansion…

Now I’m confused XD

~Sincerely, Scissors

in Living World

Posted by: Jemmi.6058

Jemmi.6058

“…but we ABSOLUTELY are going to do sweeping features that you would traditionally only get in an expansion…” That is a direct statement; its confirmed.

Exactly, it is a statement that they will release features that you would “traditionally only get in an expansion”, which would imply that we will NOT get them in an expansion, which is exactly the same thing they said last time they were interviewed about it.

There is nothing in that part that confirms an expansion.

What does it matter if it is called or comes in the traditional form of an ‘expansion’ as long as we receive the content? This confirms that everything we wanted out of an expansion will be given to us. Beyond that, who cares the means.

You’re arguing semantics: buy a movie online and get it shipped to you, or drive to the store and pick up the movie; regardless you still get a movie. I fail to see the point in this argument.

This does not confirm that you will get everything you wanted out of an expansion. It confirms that you will get content that is normally delivered via an expansion. This could be true by simply adding a new area. It definitely does not say that you will get ALL content that is normally delivered via an expansion. However, it is possible that we will, but you cannot come to that conclusion from this statement.

in Living World

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

At this point even from an expansion im afraid of the content they would release.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in Living World

Posted by: Thorn.7963

Thorn.7963

ANet won’t see a cent from me until an expansion. I just log in to see what is going on with the LS, find out its not very good (or fun enough to keep me playing), and then log out again.

in Living World

Posted by: siralius.9517

siralius.9517

Lets not talk for everyone shall we?
I for one prefer the current way of releasing stuff, but I suppose that might have to do with the fact that I can play quite often and thus like to get new stuff more often than once a year.

You also have to keep in mind that an expansion would most likely deliver more or less exactly the same content as the living story, but as a package instead of smaller parts released over time. So the whole argument that it is “boring and predictable” is rather silly, since the expansion would be even more so, seeing as you wouldn’t have the suspense between releases.

Further proof most GW2 players have NEVER played an MMO before. Expansions open up new content such as maps/worlds, skills/traits/abilities, races/classes/professions, dungeons/raids, gear/weps, etc etc. Unless you’re asking a question, please know what you’re talking about before posting on forums… Thanks.

I’m just going with the flow.
Let’s make it “Casual Friday” errday.

in Living World

Posted by: Toby.2357

Toby.2357

Lets not talk for everyone shall we?
I for one prefer the current way of releasing stuff, but I suppose that might have to do with the fact that I can play quite often and thus like to get new stuff more often than once a year.

You also have to keep in mind that an expansion would most likely deliver more or less exactly the same content as the living story, but as a package instead of smaller parts released over time. So the whole argument that it is “boring and predictable” is rather silly, since the expansion would be even more so, seeing as you wouldn’t have the suspense between releases.

Further proof most GW2 players have NEVER played an MMO before. Expansions open up new content such as maps/worlds, skills/traits/abilities, races/classes/professions, dungeons/raids, gear/weps, etc etc. Unless you’re asking a question, please know what you’re talking about before posting on forums… Thanks.

I second siralius, had you played a game that released expansions you would have known that LS cant even compare to it. First of all all the living story content we’ve gotten so far was supposed to be equal amount of content we find in a traditional expansion and clearly that never happend. Second of all traditional expansion content are high quality content that has been polished, tested and debugged, the living story content we get are so bugged its unplayable and has horrible quality. Further more as siralius said content we usealy get in a traditional expansion are exciting and is of such quality its worth the wait and price. Giving us free bugged content thats only temporary dosent equal to expansion and we havent gotten anything that we would usealy see in a expansion.

Level 80 Kudzu Ranger – SFR

in Living World

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

Oh, I have never claimed that EotN was a bad expansion, I am simply stating that the amount of stuff added wasn’t much more than we have seen with the Living Story model, but still took longer time.

Look, if you’re going to just strait up lie then how can you expect to have any kind of conversation.

LS =/= EotN.
LS =/= 0.5 of EotN.

It’s like saying if I give you 1 penny everyday it’s more over a year then giving you 10 dollars a year. It’s just factually untrue. comparing them is laughable.

Also what difference does “expansion” & “stand alone game” make when they took the same amount of time to make, are for the same game & cost almost the same amount? It’s a pointless distinction. If people saying “I want an expansion/stand alone add-on” makes everything magically make more sense, then there you go.

(edited by DarksunG.9537)

in Living World

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

I don’t want an expansion and I don’t want a VIP subscription.

Are you Shpongled?

in Living World

Posted by: Mr Ko Killer.7206

Mr Ko Killer.7206

He’s right on his first point.

Your second point….
Anet’s total number of employees back in 2005-2007 is far less than what it is today, also each game was released a year after the previous release, including EotN, it didn’t take any longer to produce EotN than it did to produce any 1 of the 2 following stand alones, in fact, there was to be a 4th campaign, but was canceled and revamped as EotN. I remember reading somewhere after EotN, they thought about doing expansions for the other 2 campaigns, but decided on GW2 instead.

On the subject of GW1, they used to push out campaigns, full blown games, annually.
In the year that has followed, that’s one whole year, the amount of LS content just overall, isn’t even half of the content we got back in GW1 releases, within the same overall timeframe (1 year). You can state that yeah, but they had the ideas and everything down for Factions and Nightfall long before Prophecies, the same can be said about LS, without a doubt most of the LS are just ideas thrown around before GW2 came out. Probably have been ideas for years considering how long GW2 was in development for. Now referring back to my opening sentence for your second point, it’s rather sad that with the 100+ new employees, it is still less content, but I believe they have something bigger coming out later on. Keep in mind all of what I said refers to LS in general, I’m not even limiting it to what is actually permanent additions to the game.

The overall point I’m making, and it’s in regards to video games in general, it’s all about cosmetics nowadays. Games used to be all about the content, but lately more developers are in favor of developing their game’s look, rather than the content, which is why there are many failed MMOs.

The reason GW2 is still faring well, is because there hasn’t been an MMO to release yet that can challenge GW2’s current standings and challenge the no sub. fee and so far, I doubt such an MMO will come out in 2014 either.

Jade Quarry’s TrollMaster General| Generation Of Legends [EviL] Leader

(edited by Mr Ko Killer.7206)

in Living World

MastaNeenja.1537

Wildstar though it is published by NCSoft and EQN is scheduled to release in 2014 unless that’s changed recently. There’s also ESO, it is subscription based but it’s still another MMO in the pool. I agree that GW2 needs some healthy competition.

in Living World

Nat.4029

Wildstar though it is published by NCSoft and EQN is scheduled to release in 2014 unless that’s changed recently. There’s also ESO, it is subscription based but it’s still another MMO in the pool. I agree that GW2 needs some healthy competition.

I played the ESO beta a few weekends ago and just wasn’t impressed at all. It has “bust” written all over it and IMO will be F2P in a year. I hear Wildstar also has a subscription. I would buy and play ESO if it didn’t have a sub, but it just didn’t pull me in enough to pay $15 to play. The only game that’s done that is WoW.

Valar Morghulis

in Living World

Mr Ko Killer.7206

I played the ESO beta a few weekends ago and just wasn’t impressed at all. It has “bust” written all over it and IMO will be F2P in a year. I hear Wildstar also has a subscription. I would buy and play ESO if it didn’t have a sub, but it just didn’t pull me in enough to pay $15 to play. The only game that’s done that is WoW.

What this guy said is what I meant about no MMOs challenging GW2 in 2014..although it is my personal opinion, it seems to be a rather popular opinion as well.

in Living World

Nat.4029

What this guy said is what I meant about no MMOs challenging GW2 in 2014..although it is my personal opinion, it seems to be a rather popular opinion as well.

People WILL buy ESO and pay the sub, but with no real end-game to speak of, the subs will drop substantially in the months to follow. I would’ve gladly paid a sub for GW2 if it meant we would get WoW/GW1-sized expansions/campaigns every couple of years.

Valar Morghulis

in Living World

Mr Ko Killer.7206

People WILL buy ESO and pay the sub, but with no real end-game to speak of, the subs will drop substantially in the months to follow. I would’ve gladly paid a sub for GW2 if it meant we would get WoW/GW1-sized expansions/campaigns every couple of years.

I’m not saying they won’t, but I stick by my opinon that singleplayer series should stay singleplayer series. They’ll buy and pay the sub, but most of the purchases will be because it’s got Elder Scrolls in the name. There was nothing about the beta noteworthy. I really don’t think the Elder Scrolls kind of combat engine, would work well in the PvP scene, and truthfully, I don’t think it works all too well in MMOs to begin with. The beta felt like I was playing one of the singleplayer games. I saw no real need to interact with anyone else.

in Living World

Nat.4029

I’m not saying they won’t, but I stick by my opinon that singleplayer series should stay singleplayer series. They’ll buy and pay the sub, but most of the purchases will be because it’s got Elder Scrolls in the name. There was nothing about the beta noteworthy. I really don’t think the Elder Scrolls kind of combat engine, would work well in the PvP scene, and truthfully, I don’t think it works all too well in MMOs to begin with. The beta felt like I was playing one of the singleplayer games. I saw no real need to interact with anyone else.

I agree. And to add to that, it felt like a step-back from Skyrim. I had just gotten off another Skyrim kick when I played the beta too. I just don’t like the idea of it. I’d much rather have another single-player game. Which I’m sure they are still working on for the future.

Valar Morghulis

in Living World

MastaNeenja.1537

My money is on EQN, it’s going to be F2P as well so i’ll buy it and try it, if nothing else i can just alternate between it and GW2 since neither of them require a subscription.

The end game content for GW2 is rather stale, some new dungeons or dungeon paths would be a good start or a new land to explore, even new professions, skills and weapons would be nice. Any of these things or all of them which is what you find in a new campaign or expansion.

When you compare what GW1 had after a year, an additional Campaign (or expansion) compared to now what GW2 has a year later it does leave something to be desired. I agree that they probably had factions and Nightfall partially completed when Prophecies launched, and they also probably had a lot of the content we see now worked out as well… or they had something entirely different planned and NCSoft or something else made them reconsider. So they started rushing out entirely different content. Which may explain why a lot of it has turned out the way it has.

in Living World

Nat.4029

My money is on EQN, it’s going to be F2P as well so i’ll buy it and try it, if nothing else i can just alternate between it and GW2 since neither of them require a subscription.

The end game content for GW2 is rather stale, some new dungeons or dungeon paths would be a good start or a new land to explore, even new professions, skills and weapons would be nice. Any of these things or all of them which is what you find in a new campaign or expansion.

When you compare what GW1 had after a year, an additional Campaign (or expansion) compared to now what GW2 has a year later it does leave something to be desired. I agree that they probably had factions and Nightfall partially completed when Prophecies launched, and they also probably had a lot of the content we see now worked out as well… or they had something entirely different planned and NCSoft or something else made them reconsider. So they started rushing out entirely different content. Which may explain why a lot of it has turned out the way it has.

I wish they could find a way to get out from under NCSoft’s skirt, and start doing things exactly the way they WANT to do them.

Valar Morghulis

in Living World

Mr Ko Killer.7206

I wish they could find a way to get out from under NCSoft’s skirt, and start doing things exactly the way they WANT to do them.

Truer words have never been spoken.

in Living World

Posted by: Saint.5647

Saint.5647

I hope they get the basics of the game down before they muck up lore that is near and dear to me. I don’t want to ‘zerg train’ into the Crystal Desert. I don’t want to wait 2 hours for spawns in the Far Shiverpeaks or Charr Homelands. I don’t want the deep lore of these places to be destroyed by the shallow living world machine.

Until they are ready to handle this sort of lore, they had best stay away. It would be a huge slap in the face to GW1 fans to have even more game lore retconned or disregarded just to force in some zergfests and increase gemstore purchases.

One True God
Fashion Forward!
Guild Wars Dinosaur

in Living World

Posted by: Drakonis.4579

Drakonis.4579

A year later and lordkrall is still defending the living story.

lol

Can we please get an expansion? I am literally bored to tears with the living story model. Can we go back to the ways of Guild Wars 1, please? Thanks.

(Also, I consider nothing released thus far living story-wise to be on par with the likes of a full blown expansion. It’s all very boring, predictable, and far too whimsical. Doesn’t feel like the original Guild Wars at all. And I understand that it’s not the original Guild Wars, but can we get a lich or something? Maybe a main antagonist that’s more diabolical than a crazy plant or a dragon that dies when you shoot fireworks at it? Literally anything would be better.)

(edited by Drakonis.4579)

in Living World

Posted by: HardRider.2980

HardRider.2980

There is Season 2 of LS comming, they will be able to finally adress all the feedback in there (keep in mind that the LS patch you are currently playing was worked on 4 months ago, since that´s how their teams are working)
VIP membership was confirmed as a thing they are testing for China, which will be a separate region (there is beta in China right now)
Expansion would be good, I can´t disagree, but for the love of god, stop it already…all I see is whining about no expansion. You don´t like LS, don´t play it. Because GW1 had expansion every 6 months doesn´t mean GW2 will. If you take for example WoW (that is so dear to most of the people and there is always “WoW this, WoW that” arguments), it took 2 years for Blizzard to release Burning Crusade and it was 2 years between other expansions too. We are a year in GW2 lifespan and even though LS has it´s limitations it´s getting better. I´d just wait and see for the conclusion and the new plot. If that´s not good, we can slowly start to panic.
Also, I know this is internet and kitten and it´s expected to people rage over here, but I just had enough of this already. And if you want a response from the devs – be polite, provide constructive feedback and don´t demand.?

Just calm down and enjoy the game. If you don´t enjoy it, stop playing. Easy as that.

Dear lord finally another player who actually thinks about things

I agree 100%
It’s what I’ve been saying all along… people love to compare to this other games whos 5+ years old compare it to this and that and don’t think for a moment what happened to those games originally.

If people stopped and actually thought about things first instead of moaning like a spoiled child we’d have some awesome threads

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

in Living World

Nat.4029

There is Season 2 of LS comming, they will be able to finally adress all the feedback in there (keep in mind that the LS patch you are currently playing was worked on 4 months ago, since that´s how their teams are working)
VIP membership was confirmed as a thing they are testing for China, which will be a separate region (there is beta in China right now)
Expansion would be good, I can´t disagree, but for the love of god, stop it already…all I see is whining about no expansion. You don´t like LS, don´t play it. Because GW1 had expansion every 6 months doesn´t mean GW2 will. If you take for example WoW (that is so dear to most of the people and there is always “WoW this, WoW that” arguments), it took 2 years for Blizzard to release Burning Crusade and it was 2 years between other expansions too. We are a year in GW2 lifespan and even though LS has it´s limitations it´s getting better. I´d just wait and see for the conclusion and the new plot. If that´s not good, we can slowly start to panic.
Also, I know this is internet and kitten and it´s expected to people rage over here, but I just had enough of this already. And if you want a response from the devs – be polite, provide constructive feedback and don´t demand.?

Just calm down and enjoy the game. If you don´t enjoy it, stop playing. Easy as that.

Dear lord finally another player who actually thinks about things

I agree 100%
It’s what I’ve been saying all along… people love to compare to this other games whos 5+ years old compare it to this and that and don’t think for a moment what happened to those games originally.

If people stopped and actually thought about things first instead of moaning like a spoiled child we’d have some awesome threads

I think what most people are wanting is just some kind of content announcement that’s not Living Story. I don’t really want to hear that new events will be added to an existing zone. I want to hear about how new zones will open up. It doesn’t have to be a true expansion announcement. I know they’ve said that stuff is being worked on “behind the scenes” but you can’t be any more vague than that. That could be anything. I’m just holding on to hopes that they’ll have a meaningful announcement soon. I blame NCSoft mostly…

Valar Morghulis

in Living World

Posted by: kta.6502

kta.6502

U think Scarlet is over?

Well i have news for u…she has a sister…and it will occupy 3 story arcs! + bonus content another 3 story arcs about her puberty! Scarlet Wars 2 inc!

No no no no NO! You’ve heard wrong. That’s not Scarlet’s sister. It’s Scarlet’s love child with Kefka Palazzo — You know, the villian from Final Fantasy 6! (http://kotaku.com/5976002/why-final-fantasy-vis-kefka-is-the-best-video-game-villain-of-all-time) The two fell in love because they have alot in common:

— He’s got magitek knights; She has watch knights.
— Both are crazy
— He says “Destroy!” and she says “Die! Die! Die!”
— Both have giant armies and access to powerful evil allies.
— Both look and act like clowns
— Both are considered freaks and were originally underestimated by the good guys.

I know the average salad can’t have kids, but Kefka is a god. He can use his divine powers to make what he wants.

Now back to the original discussion…

I’m all in favor for a GW2 expansion. God knows we need it!

(edited by kta.6502)

in Living World

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

The only way ArenaNet will ever get another penny from me is to release an expansion pack. I will NEVER spend any real cash in the gem store. I am against cash shops.

in Living World

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

The only way ArenaNet will ever get another penny from me is to release an expansion pack. I will NEVER spend any real cash in the gem store. I am against cash shops.

And how would you suggest them getting the money to develop said expansion without the cash shop?

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Living World

Posted by: Thalador.4218

Thalador.4218

And how would you suggest them getting the money to develop said expansion without the cash shop?

Uhm… the same way they developed Prophecies, Factions, Nightfall, Eye of the North, and Guild Wars 2?

Scarlet’s Alliance Wars (a.k.a. “Guild Wars 2”)
A fantasy of sci-fi cyborg implants grafted into the desiccated flesh of Guild Wars’ corpse.

in Living World

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Uhm… the same way they developed Prophecies, Factions, Nightfall, Eye of the North, and Guild Wars 2?

That would of course work.
If we disregard all the extra costs that are present now that weren’t with GW1.

Such as several hundred more employees and totally different server structure.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Living World

Posted by: Thalador.4218

Thalador.4218

Say, how is that they have several hundred more employees but fail to create an expansion or content worthy of our money, effectively earning their pay through the development and publishing of said content and expansion packs, just like they did so five times in a row in the past nine (-1.5 of Guild Wars 2’s current lifespan) years?

Scarlet’s Alliance Wars (a.k.a. “Guild Wars 2”)
A fantasy of sci-fi cyborg implants grafted into the desiccated flesh of Guild Wars’ corpse.

in Living World

oh I don’t know, maybe the same way they did it in Guild Wars 1?

~Sincerely, Scissors

in Living World

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Well of those you mentioned only EOTN was a true expansion, the rest are also games on their own.

in Living World

Posted by: Silvercyclone.1462

Silvercyclone.1462

I believe if Anet released a boxed expansion it could actually hurt the game for some players. I’m sure there are players that are on a budget and probably couldn’t afford to buy a boxed expansion when it comes out so their friends would have to wait for them or players might just stop playing. If the game releases content like it has been all players would be able to experience the new content at the same time plus announcing new content through the LS would in fact bring more people into the game knowing they would never need to pay for an expansion.

in Living World

Nat.4029

Well of those you mentioned only EOTN was a true expansion, the rest are also games on their own.

I love how the Living Story defenders use this argument.

“EOTN was the only expansion. Factions and Nightfall were ENTIRE GAMES! With a ridiculous amount of content!!! kitten ! I got you….”

Uhhh…no. No you didn’t. You got yourself there, champ.

Valar Morghulis

in Living World

Nat.4029

One thing that hasn’t really been brought up is the fact that Southsun was released in October of 2012 if I’m not mistaken. It was about 2 months after launch that we got our first little chunk of content. When this happened, I along with many others thought, “Wow! Anet is going to really pump out the content.”

Now, over a year later, how many new zones are opened up? That was where they failed IMO. I really was thinking they’d be releasing new zones every couple months, but I was sadly disappointed. Before you say “Labyrinthe Cliffs!!!”. I don’t count that because it’s only accessible periodically. Probably one month out of the year. This Living Story content is fine and dandy for a lot of people, but to me I compare it to the holiday events and I don’t consider it content. Content in my eyes is permanent. I know a lot disagree, but it’s just the way I feel.

Valar Morghulis

in Living World

Posted by: Fafnir.5124

Fafnir.5124

Kill Kraggy=Elona expansion
Kill Bubbles = Cantha expansion

Just hold your horse for the lore to fallow through and Asian Servers to open up. An Anet to get right to display architecture.

in Living World

Nat.4029

Kill Kraggy=Elona expansion
Kill Bubbles = Cantha expansion

Just hold your horse for the lore to fallow through and Asian Servers to open up. An Anet to get right to display architecture.

What…? Are those some kind of leaked titles from Anet?

Valar Morghulis

in Living World

Posted by: Red Queen.7915

Red Queen.7915

I think he means that once we kill Kralkatorrik, Elona will open up, and once we kill “Bubbles”, that mysterious Deep Sea Dragon thing, Cantha will be accessible.

Actually, that doesn’t sound too dumb; tying a new Elder Dragon to the access to a new continent. That way it’d feel like a “real” expansion, even if it’s “only” living story content.

PSA: The amount of small felines serves as an indicator for just how angry I am at something.

Kaerleikur @ Elonaspitze

in Living World

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

a LS is nothing more then a bunch of achievements with rushers soon to follow, an expansion is something new to explore with plenty of stuff to do…..permanently!
i like to explore new lands…….i however don’t care about achievements.

in Living World

Posted by: Red Queen.7915

Red Queen.7915

If you’re referring to me, I meant that the LS introduces the new dragon, but the dragon itself is permanent. Much like the change in Kessex Hills, the Aetherblade path in TA or now the Wurm. But the first time we’d see it would be as part of the LS, i.e. Primordus: Taimi is being annoying and conducting experiments in Maguuma, stirring up something very, very dangerous, and Braham, big brother type that he is, fetches Rox and Marjory to get her out of that mess. Once the LS is over, the immediate danger is removed, but we have Primordus as a new permanent foe to battle, or as part of new Personal Story instances, or dungeon boss…

Something like that.

Edit: In that scenario, we’d likely get access to the Maguuma Wastes, probably even Magus Falls and Spoiler sylvari PSthat other sylvari community Malyck wanted to find in the sylvari personal storyline. Which I’d love, personally.

PSA: The amount of small felines serves as an indicator for just how angry I am at something.

Kaerleikur @ Elonaspitze

(edited by Red Queen.7915)

in Living World

Posted by: HumaCarrionEater.8254

HumaCarrionEater.8254

I love the idea of the living world but with a couple of exceptions, I do not like the execution. I miss the big box expansions.

I think to me, the majority of the living world updates have felt like the same shallow conflict repackaged several times over. How many times can we fight OOOH WEIRD ALLIANCEZ ? I respect what the team is trying to do. I think I would just appreciate maybe fewer updates even. Every two weeks is a lot.

in Living World

Posted by: GameGuard.8610

GameGuard.8610

lets start off by saying there will not be a monthy “elite status” that is for china alone . due to how games work in china and korea and such. i would not worry that na or eu.

as far as the whole expansion is needed rar rar rar stuff. living story is our expansion in so many ways. expansion you wait for years to come to give you added content. with guild wars 2 we get it every 2 weeks. they are adding edge of mists next week which is a huge map. we have news of larger areas being added aka elonia and so on through the living story. out of all the interviews done anet only clue is they are sticking with living story and that the living story will have "expansion like " things added with it. open your mind living story is the best thing to happen to a game it gives us new things to do all the time.

as far as new races and class goes, races id like to see and they have hinted they are working on it. as far as new classes goes , what ruined gw1 was new classes every 6 months which ruined balance in the game it was why they canceled utophia it was going to add two new classes. and they started to see how unbalanced the game was becoming and would become from it. sure new classes are needed but we need them to take time and only add 2 more over all to the game to make it work. and im sure 2 would be over doing it 1 new class for better buffing and healing for party things something like paragon/rit combo.

i love guildwars over all both games has their flaws but least anet trys to makes the means happy.

in Living World

Posted by: Vampirial.9056

Vampirial.9056

Im just gonna state this because no one here seems to remember. Factions and nightfall are considered “stand alone expansions.” They can be played as a game on their own or added to other expansions/the base game. Even Anet called them “stand alone expansions” when they released them.

in Living World

Posted by: Khorthall.1682

Khorthall.1682

I might of missed this.. people wanting an expansion, comparing to WoW, etc etc..

Well, let’s do a bit of math. WoW came out with an expansion pack in 2 years? You had to pay them $15 a month.. so, $30 for 2 = $180 a year per player?

Let’s see, Gw2 has been out for about a year and a half, all the Living Story updates and content and we pay.. .. Oh yeah. We don’t pay. No monthly subscription.

So, if you’d rather pay $180 to WoW to wait 2 years for an expansion, go on ahead.

I’d rather play a game for free without having to pay for any expansions and keep taking in the 2 week content. The year Living Story came out, was it seriously that bad?

Underground Molten Alliance facilities?
Southsun Cove?
Bazaar of the Four Winds?
Dragon Bash?
Queen’s Jubilee?
New Tequatl fight?
Tower of Nightmares?

I mean, I’m sure there is more and I know most of those were temporary, but they were all free. Seriously, FREE.

And now with the start of 2014, giving Anet a holiday break.. what are we getting?

We got 2 new World Bosses, one is permanent, the other is temporary.
Next we are getting a new PERMANENT WvWvW Map..

Hate on Arenanet all you want, least they aren’t charging you for content, instead they are giving us some fun fill-in content to enjoy until a big project is released. Anet did state they are working on big projects.

Just enjoy the game, honestly the more you complain about wanting an expansion just shows that you have bored yourself to death of what the game has to offer and have driven yourself to a state of craving more… AKA, you play way too kitten much. Plenty to do in life then play a game all day.