An expansion would be great...

in Living World

Posted by: Dengar.1785

Dengar.1785

No one realises that if any “expansion” contains any content at all that could just be released through Living World updates, it would be a major cop-out?

in Living World

Posted by: Mia Lunarfang.5826

Mia Lunarfang.5826

This does not confirm that you will get everything you wanted out of an expansion. It confirms that you will get content that is normally delivered via an expansion. This could be true by simply adding a new area. It definitely does not say that you will get ALL content that is normally delivered via an expansion. However, it is possible that we will, but you cannot come to that conclusion from this statement.

“but we absolutely are going to do sweeping new features that you would traditionally only get in expansions – large regions, content and progression additions to your characters in the form of growth and professions and races. Those are all things that you will see in the lifespan of Guild Wars 2.”

“Those are all” sounds like everything listed to me, and everything players want/expect out of an expansion is listed. Why are you picking a fight at every turn? Seriously, just take there words at face value, and if they don’t come through, then ill be right beside you.

in Living World

Mia Lunarfang.5826

One thing that hasn’t really been brought up is the fact that Southsun was released in October of 2012 if I’m not mistaken. It was about 2 months after launch that we got our first little chunk of content. When this happened, I along with many others thought, “Wow! Anet is going to really pump out the content.”

Now, over a year later, how many new zones are opened up? That was where they failed IMO. I really was thinking they’d be releasing new zones every couple months, but I was sadly disappointed. Before you say “Labyrinthe Cliffs!!!”. I don’t count that because it’s only accessible periodically. Probably one month out of the year. This Living Story content is fine and dandy for a lot of people, but to me I compare it to the holiday events and I don’t consider it content. Content in my eyes is permanent. I know a lot disagree, but it’s just the way I feel.

Oh yeah, lets pump out more maps like Southsun, because its not the least played map in game…

in Living World

Posted by: Nat.4029

Nat.4029

lets start off by saying there will not be a monthy “elite status” that is for china alone . due to how games work in china and korea and such. i would not worry that na or eu.

as far as the whole expansion is needed rar rar rar stuff. living story is our expansion in so many ways. expansion you wait for years to come to give you added content. with guild wars 2 we get it every 2 weeks. they are adding edge of mists next week which is a huge map. we have news of larger areas being added aka elonia and so on through the living story. out of all the interviews done anet only clue is they are sticking with living story and that the living story will have "expansion like " things added with it. open your mind living story is the best thing to happen to a game it gives us new things to do all the time.

as far as new races and class goes, races id like to see and they have hinted they are working on it. as far as new classes goes , what ruined gw1 was new classes every 6 months which ruined balance in the game it was why they canceled utophia it was going to add two new classes. and they started to see how unbalanced the game was becoming and would become from it. sure new classes are needed but we need them to take time and only add 2 more over all to the game to make it work. and im sure 2 would be over doing it 1 new class for better buffing and healing for party things something like paragon/rit combo.

i love guildwars over all both games has their flaws but least anet trys to makes the means happy.

I have no problem whatsoever with them adding “expansion-like” content through the Living Story. I’ve even enjoyed the Marionette fight (which I didn’t think I would). What I want is for that content to STAY in the game. If they open up new zones, I want them to stay open. They shouldn’t open them up and then close them in 2 weeks. Southsun Cove has been the only zone added to the game since launch….and they added Southsun 2 months after the game launched. Most people wanting expansions are wanting them to add a huge chunk of content in one shot, which we may never see.

Valar Morghulis

in Living World

Posted by: Nat.4029

Nat.4029

One thing that hasn’t really been brought up is the fact that Southsun was released in October of 2012 if I’m not mistaken. It was about 2 months after launch that we got our first little chunk of content. When this happened, I along with many others thought, “Wow! Anet is going to really pump out the content.”

Now, over a year later, how many new zones are opened up? That was where they failed IMO. I really was thinking they’d be releasing new zones every couple months, but I was sadly disappointed. Before you say “Labyrinthe Cliffs!!!”. I don’t count that because it’s only accessible periodically. Probably one month out of the year. This Living Story content is fine and dandy for a lot of people, but to me I compare it to the holiday events and I don’t consider it content. Content in my eyes is permanent. I know a lot disagree, but it’s just the way I feel.

Oh yeah, lets pump out more maps like Southsun, because its not the least played map in game…

I said nothing about adding zones like Southsun….I agree, it sucks. That’s why I stopped playing after that update. But you’re telling me you don’t want more zones added to the game?

Valar Morghulis

in Living World

Mia Lunarfang.5826

I said nothing about adding zones like Southsun

The following quote suggest just that

Now, over a year later, how many new zones are opened up? That was where they failed IMO. I really was thinking they’d be releasing new zones every couple months, but I was sadly disappointed.

If you pump them out as fast as Southsun, ‘every couple of months’, you’ll receive the same results. Also, the reason Southsun was unsuccessful is because there are no missions(hearts), instances, or dungeons that regularly drag players there, so until the next major arc of personal story is ready, all new maps will likewise fail. And it is simply impossible to prepare a quality arc, every couple of months.

in Living World

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

I said nothing about adding zones like Southsun

The following quote suggest just that

Now, over a year later, how many new zones are opened up? That was where they failed IMO. I really was thinking they’d be releasing new zones every couple months, but I was sadly disappointed.

If you pump them out as fast as Southsun, ‘every couple of months’, you’ll receive the same results. Also, the reason Southsun was unsuccessful is because there are no missions(hearts), instances, or dungeons that regularly drag players there, so until the next major arc of personal story is ready, all new maps will likewise fail. And it is simply impossible to prepare a quality arc, every couple of months.

actually, it fails because it’s made way to much with max gear in mind with a bit of zerging, none of the two are happening.
so we now have a truly empty place that has nothing to show for, if it had something unique like a big event that guarantees a good reward it would pull allot more players.

in Living World

Posted by: Mjolnir.6591

Mjolnir.6591

They need to open up some of the map, all you have to do is look at the emptiness of the current zones and that tells you enough. My guild is massive and participation is about 15 to 20 % off peak. I have leveled and maxed all classes and really would like to see something new that isn’t gone in a couple of weeks.

AND, ESO is just around the corner, Anet is going to lose massive numbers when it releases unless they give people a really good reason to login..

in Living World

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

ESO is a nice game but the P2P wall is always a sign it’s best to wait it out, MMO’s are always plagued with release bugs and patches so let’s first wait and see, you might even see the game go freemuim.