And the next living story is...

in Living World

Posted by: kristof.7182

kristof.7182

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/
https://d3b4yo2b5lbfy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/7bec610-01_TA_NextHero_EN.jpg

TA. Twilight Arbor?
They said they’re going to revamp this but… do we need living story only about that?

If it isn’t Twilight Arbor (but she looks like Caithe), it could be another tree with Sylvari.

(edited by kristof.7182)

in Living World

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Indeed, thought about Twilight Arbor as soon as I saw it.
Going to be interesting.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Living World

Posted by: Nightsong.5973

Nightsong.5973

A storyline exploring the Sylvari and delving more into their backstory would be nice as the past few living story updates have been focused on the other four races.

in Living World

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

Great, more salads. Add them to Moeface and Eir’s brat and we’ve almost got DE 2.0. I foresee the player having to carry them all on his/her back while dealing with the villains of the month until anet is finished building the next dragon. Then we’ll have to take care of that while DE 2.0 gets all the credit.

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

in Living World

Posted by: JayMack.8295

JayMack.8295

I thought it looked like Caithe, too. If it is Twilight Arbor, I’m not against a Living World revolved around TA or any dungeon/revamp.

It causes people to mass do it for 2 weeks, and you get a large amount of feedback in those two weeks on how it is – like how there’s a mass amount of feedback on Teq atm, instead of anything else they may have lumped him with.

I imagine there’ll be a bit of open world content to go with it, too, if it is about TA…about the nightmare court, maybe.

in Living World

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

Everyone is aiming far, far too low. The Arborstone is in Cantha.

in Living World

Posted by: Serris.6874

Serris.6874

i really like the fact that they’re using their living story to actually update things from the core game. i was getting tired of getting these short rushed content patches that were full of bugs and were temporary.

seeing them fix tequatl, possible TA as the release seems to imply, the recent forum post of them looking into fixing their trinity of control, dps and support…

i’m getting hopeful. cautiously hopeful.

in Living World

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

That concept art is most definitely Caithe. TA = Twilight Arbor makes sense with Caithe’s involvement. Maybe we’ll get to see a return of Faolain.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Living World

Posted by: DougTheSlug.3920

DougTheSlug.3920

TA = Thaumanova Accident

>.>

… not the first time we’ve seen sylvari influencing asuran science

<.<

in Living World

Posted by: Hermes.7014

Hermes.7014

She may even be not a Sylvari. To me, at least, she looks more like a human with some kind of shadowy power.

Whether something is either wrong or right, someone will always complain about it.

in Living World

Posted by: phaneo.4597

phaneo.4597

The green patterns on her face and her body say that it’s a Sylvari. A concept artwork is most often something that looks simple and human-like. I’m really curious about that black/olive dragon-like background extending from her dress or is it just a cape? It looks too much dragon-ish to me.
Edit: Meh, after looking closer it could actually be her hand holding a dagger.

KNOW YOUR ROLE, JABRONI!
Tee See

(edited by phaneo.4597)

in Living World

Posted by: Anakita Snakecharm.4360

Anakita Snakecharm.4360

I would really excited to see a Living Story update that focused on one of the many unresolved plot points from the core game!

So yeah, I’d be all for a Caithe-focused plot. It’s nice to have new storylines sometimes, but not to the point where none of the old plot threads ever get picked up again.

in Living World

Posted by: hedix.1986

hedix.1986

It would be very cool to finally see some necessary work done on dungeons and to see LS (or Random Story so far) finally going back to the actual game story, important plot points and core character, if that is indeed Caithe. Lol, it almost sounds too good to be true.

Considering recent updates, I have very little faith left in Anet, but I guess that just means I won’t be as disappointed maybe even actually happy when the release it. :p
As long as TA “fix” isn’t just lazy health pool increase a’la world bosses (thus turning it into another boring HotW), it should be ok hopefully.

Then we’ll have to take care of that while DE 2.0 gets all the credit.

True, it’s be so nice to finally get some recognition in this game. I just hope the whole Sylvari thing doesn’t bring back Trahearne, cause that would take me on the brink of rage-quitting. :p

[QQ] – ex RoS, current Piken Square
[DV] – megaboss community

in Living World

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

Hopefully it’s an addition to TA, not reworks of existing paths. For starters, that would allow them to tell new stories instead of just changing the mechanics of the existing ones, and people who enjoy the current form of TA don’t have something taken away from them like what happened with the AC remake.

Having more than three paths of TA to do sounds like a good thing.

I hope that is Caithe in the artwork. If it’s another new female lead for the Living Story I think I will have to go join the Sons of Svanir and the Flame Legion. I am looking forward to a sylvari protagonist though. I don’t want to see Rox turn up claiming she’s trying to impress Rytlock again. That’s not a very compelling motivation.

in Living World

Posted by: Hermes.7014

Hermes.7014

The green patterns on her face and her body say that it’s a Sylvari. A concept artwork is most often something that looks simple and human-like. I’m really curious about that black/olive dragon-like background extending from her dress or is it just a cape? It looks too much dragon-ish to me.
Edit: Meh, after looking closer it could actually be her hand holding a dagger.

Meh, Canach and Scarlet from the same artist look quite different to me.

Whether something is either wrong or right, someone will always complain about it.

in Living World

Posted by: Aster.7950

Aster.7950

The dark outfit makes me think that,maybe, Caithe will embrace the nightmare.

in Living World

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

I hope not.

The vision of the future shown to us by the Pale Tree shows Caithe finally joining Faolain because of the other members of Destiny’s Edge continuing to argue amongst one another. Seeing as they seem to be on speaking terms again and joined together to help fight Zhaitan, the odds of Caithe turning evil now are less so. That being said, it could still happen to her against her will. I just hope not.

in Living World

Posted by: Cowrex.9564

Cowrex.9564

Ooh would love to see a T.A. revamp

Give a man fire, he will be warm, set a man on fire, he will be warm forever! …or dead…

in Living World

Posted by: Alleluia.1320

Alleluia.1320

I think you guys are probably right about the general content being Twilight Arbor focused. But I don’t think the TA stands for “Twilight Arbor”. Doesn’t fit the naming scheme they’ve used up to this point. Otherwise, Tequatl Rising would have just been “Tequatl”, Queen’s Jubilee would have just been “Queen’s Pavilion”, etc. Naming the items/places they’re about rather than the event.

I think that that woman (she doesn’t look like Caithe, to me) shown has a name beginning with “T” and the second word is “Arrival” (i.e. “Tuatha’s Arrival”).

Or maybe it could simply be “Twilight’s Arrival” (Twilight Arrives? Twilight Arriving? w/e), referring to the Arbor but also to an event instead of just a place.

in Living World

Posted by: Gabby.3205

Gabby.3205

Caithe is the only sylvari right now that has that pattern on her face (her face is unique, like it is with other important characters too).

Is it bad that all I want from a TA revamp is new foliage armor? xD

Tarnished Coast
Astrid Strongheart, Norn Ranger.
“I wish juvenile wolves were bigger”

in Living World

Nilkemia.8507

More plant based armor would be nice. Some leafy pants for other armor types besides medium please?

in Living World

Shiren.9532

Personally I think it’s highly unlikely that TA stands for Twilight Arbor in this instance. I’m not saying it won’t involve TA, that seems like a good guess given the comments about a dungeon revamp with Living Story at the top of the list and Caithe’s appearance in the concept art, I just think it would be strange to see Twilight Arbor be the name of a chapter, more than likely they would have it be something like Twilight’s Ascendance or something like that.

I doubt we will get new armour, at least not of the leafy kind.

in Living World

Konig Des Todes.2086

I think that that woman (she doesn’t look like Caithe, to me) shown has a name beginning with “T” and the second word is “Arrival” (i.e. “Tuatha’s Arrival”).

look at the forehead – that’s the pattern on Caithe’s forehead. She’s also wielding daggers, which Caithe is known for, has white hair like Caithe, and she – at least to me – gives this “thief/necromancer” kind of vibe with her clothing.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Living World

Posted by: LeDuc.1436

LeDuc.1436

I thought of the largos off the bat.

in Living World

Posted by: Mastruq.2463

Mastruq.2463

It’s an alternate reality version of Scarlet that interpreted her vision differently and assembled her world’s aetherblades and molten alliance in an attempt to stop the other Scarlets from destroying all realities.

Because you know, we cant get enough Scarlet.

in Living World

Posted by: Celebratty.1632

Celebratty.1632

Woo! A storyline based around sylvari lore, not just with a random salad in it!

Not a fan of LS myself, but I really love sylvari and its not Scarlet, so yay!

Lulu [LGN] Anvil Rock
Garbage at every profession 2015

in Living World

Konig Des Todes.2086

Not a fan of LS myself, but I really love sylvari and its not Scarlet, so yay!

Fool! It’s obviously going to be a Caithe-Faolain-Scarlet three way face-off.

Dear ANet writers,

in Living World

Posted by: nihavel.6592

nihavel.6592

I’m not sure that’s it a silvary-centric lore.

If you enlarge the image you can see “strange” green marks in her forehead.
This marks are looks like the eyes of margonite.

So i guess 3 option:
- It’s the ultimate godness form of Kormir, or a margonite with kormir influence.
- It’s a largo without a mask, (marks are gills)
- It’s halloween after all. it’s only a member of lunatic court.

in Living World

Gabby.3205

I’m not sure that’s it a silvary-centric lore.

If you enlarge the image you can see “strange” green marks in her forehead.
This marks are looks like the eyes of margonite.

So i guess 3 option:
- It’s the ultimate godness form of Kormir, or a margonite with kormir influence.
- It’s a largo without a mask, (marks are gills)
- It’s halloween after all. it’s only a member of lunatic court.

That’s just Caithe’s face. She, and nobody else, has these marks, and she always had them.

Attachments:

Tarnished Coast

(edited by Gabby.3205)

in Living World

Nilkemia.8507

Thanks for the pretty picture.

in Living World

Konig Des Todes.2086

This just in:

Caithe is a sylvari Margonite-in-transformation. Those marks will become eyes, like the bumps on Varesh’ head.

Dear ANet writers,

in Living World

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

Hopefully it’s an addition to TA, not reworks of existing paths. For starters, that would allow them to tell new stories instead of just changing the mechanics of the existing ones, and people who enjoy the current form of TA don’t have something taken away from them like what happened with the AC remake.

Having more than three paths of TA to do sounds like a good thing.

I hope that is Caithe in the artwork. If it’s another new female lead for the Living Story I think I will have to go join the Sons of Svanir and the Flame Legion. I am looking forward to a sylvari protagonist though. I don’t want to see Rox turn up claiming she’s trying to impress Rytlock again. That’s not a very compelling motivation.

At the very least, fw/up should be reworked heavily. It is currently the worst dungeon path outside Arah.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

in Living World

Posted by: nihavel.6592

nihavel.6592

That’s just Caithe’s face. She, and nobody else, has these marks, and she always had them.

Oh! You right.

I’ve forgot the original Caithe art, too.
She have hair on her head, while ingame she have leaf, so i get wrong.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/2/2b/Caithe_04_concept_art.jpg

in Living World

Posted by: AlexMc.2083

AlexMc.2083

Well, that was interesting. “Twilight Assault” is your TA.

“Even after death, I shall return! And all my enemies will burn, burn, BURN!”

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

It’d be interesting if Faolain and Caithe teamed up to take down Scarlet. XD Players working WITH the Nightmare Court for a change? Edgy.

in Living World

Posted by: AlexMc.2083

AlexMc.2083

Faolain definitely should show up, I miss that storyline

“Even after death, I shall return! And all my enemies will burn, burn, BURN!”

in Living World

Gabby.3205

It’d be interesting if Faolain and Caithe teamed up to take down Scarlet. XD Players working WITH the Nightmare Court for a change? Edgy.

That would be AWESOME. On my guild’s story, that’s exactly what is happening since she showed up. Our wardens and our nightmare courtiers teamed up to take her down and to protect Mother. I would be so happy if that was cannon lol

Tarnished Coast

in Living World

Shiren.9532

Faolain definitely should show up, I miss that storyline

Pretty much every storyline from the game’s launch is better than Scarlet (and Kiel, thank god Kiel isn’t still around). It would be interesting to see the two pair up again, it would have interesting story ramifications for what to do once the job is done. Another thing to think about is if the dungeon change is a story mode or explorable mode path (or both). Expect a lot of unhappy people if the dungeon is true explorable difficulty.

As excited as I was to see TA return and get some new stuff, I cringed when I saw all the mechanical devices in there. Why tell the story in TA at all if you just plan on throwing in a bunch of engineer stuff? I really hope the old TA content remains because I think I would have to stop running it if Scarlet was in my face every time (or if the general aesthetic and themes of TA were not preserved). I didn’t love the original plot of TA but it was a lot more immersive to Tyria and the sylvari/Nightmare Court stories than the new chapter appears to be.

(edited by Shiren.9532)

in Living World

Posted by: Heinel.6548

Heinel.6548

To be fair, TA explorable’s story is about as random as can be (yes even more random than Scarlet). I actually am okay with Scarlet taking over things after Faolain is gone.

“… but I hate the idea ‘It may not make sense at first’.
I want it to make sense right away, then another sense later. Murkiness =/= quality "
- CCP Abraxis

in Living World

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

I’m kinda hoping that Scarlet injures Caithe or something. That way, Faolain can go on a personal crusade against Scarlet for daring to hurt something that belongs to her.

On a side note, I don’t think Caithe would ever ally or team up with the Nightmare Count. She sees them as too much of a threat against the Pale Tree. Plus, she seems to enjoy stabbing them in back too much.

in Living World

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

Story arc of the jungle dragon? Anyone?
We need some real evil to fight, we are all useless heroes around without Zhaitan…

in Living World

Posted by: thefantasticg.3984

thefantasticg.3984

Story arc of the jungle dragon? Anyone?
We need some real evil to fight, we are all useless heroes around without Zhaitan…

Thats what I’m hoping for!

RNG is a bell curve. Better hope you’re on the right side.