And to think... (LW is playing out like they said)

in Living World

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

This whole election is a result of the attack at the Dragonbash Festival.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in Living World

Posted by: Lord Krilik.3692

Lord Krilik.3692

… And your point is what?

in Living World

VOLKON.1290

That is the point actually. Living Story chapters chaining into one another. When Dragon Bash was going on, did anyone foresee where that would lead up to now? Now there’s the possibility of one of two counsel members chosen, two distinct paths which can branch down to two distinct stories. Maybe Evon Gnashblade is actually corrupt and influenced by the Consortium and if he wins there’s thoughts on exposing and ousting him, where if Kiel wins he could work towards a path of revenge or simply kick back and run the Black Lion (yeah, right…).

It’s playing out like they said… chapters of a living show, wait ’til next week!

#TeamJadeQuarry

in Living World

Posted by: Webba.3071

Webba.3071

It would be nice if the show was a little more interesting. Remember when we were fighting Dragons? I hear there are more of them floating around somewhere…

in Living World

VOLKON.1290

It would be nice if the show was a little more interesting. Remember when we were fighting Dragons? I hear there are more of them floating around somewhere…

If we fought dragons every day the game would have lasted a week.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in Living World

Webba.3071

Its been a year, man. Guild Wars Factions was released approximately a year after the original came out.

in Living World

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

I like that they start to play with the branching. For a first experiment it seems to be ok. However at this point I am not truly invested in it, because I don’t run fractals. That’s pretty much the only difference if I am understanding it correctly (4 week WP or key cost reduction aside).

I liked the idea in southsun, representing either settlers or consortium via the buff. Of course the buff should be only cosmetic, but representing one side should further that cause. I most likely won’t be around for the voting but I’m curious to see how it will work.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

in Living World

Posted by: Jemmi.6058

Jemmi.6058

Its been a year, man. Guild Wars Factions was released approximately a year after the original came out.

There will be 3 more releases before the 1 year mark hits. Who knows what 2 of those releases hold.

in Living World

Webba.3071

There will be 3 more releases before the 1 year mark hits. Who knows what 2 of those releases hold.

My guess is a variety of minigames and cosmetic back pieces/weapons. To make a story anything like the original personal story (and whatever the flaws with that are at least it is epic) with the 2 week living content cycle is gonna need a while to build up and add the required amount of content, its not gonna happen in the next few releases.

Thats my point, there is practically no indication that this story is going anywhere towards some sort of relationship with the personal story/dungeons stuff of the original release (I say practically because there are some very well buried hints, go look up what the sky crystals in the latest release actually are if you are curious) but I would be very surprised if any upcoming releases have anything genuinely heroic or epic for players to do.

Especially considering it seems that the next release consists of 3 mini games and participation in what amounts to a rigged election. Im not against the concept of optimism but this half yearly blog thing thats going to outline their plans for future content releases better be kitten amazing.

in Living World

Posted by: Jemmi.6058

Jemmi.6058

Not that I predict this will happen, but for all you know Jormag will fly down in the midst of an electoral debate and throw everything into chaos. It only takes a moment to have this happen. It won’t mean we will be killing Jormag in August, but we might get the start of it.

Though it could very well not happen and maybe nothing will happen at all.

My main point is you do not know what this game will have a the 1 year mark as 3 releases will happen between now and then. Two of them un-announced.

in Living World

Posted by: Vahkris.6847

Vahkris.6847

Remember the general reaction to the fight against Zhaitan? :P

in Living World

Webba.3071

Remember the general reaction to the fight against Zhaitan? :P

Thats an issue with game design and mechanics, not story, which is what we are talking about here.

@Jemmi, You are quite right, I do not know what will be released but I have made my prediction and in a few weeks we will see how accurate it is. Keep up the optimism!

in Living World

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

Factions was released exactly a year after the original. On the exact same date + 1 year.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

in Living World

Posted by: Markadis.9012

Markadis.9012

There is a story. If you don’t know it then look up woodenpotatoes on YouTube. He breaks down this recent LS pretty well and ties the story with the novels that have been released.

Server- Blackgate
Characters- Levicus (Ele); Levicus Gear (Eng);
Levicus Shield (War)

in Living World

Webba.3071

Nobody said there wasn’t a story. I specifically stated that there is, just that imo it isn’t very good (something Woodenpotatos agrees with me on, btw).

(edited by Webba.3071)

in Living World

Posted by: Mastruq.2463

Mastruq.2463

I’m waiting for the blog at the end of the month about what’s planned for the rest of the year, but so far living story isnt up to my expectations.

It started out too slow but otherwise ok (F&F), but instead of picking up steam it has since devolved into a focus on minigames and very little content that’s actually taking place in the existing world.

I wonder where all their plans for strenghtening the existing areas went? Into the dumpster I guess, because this current chapter doesnt even take place in the permanent world, its a seperate area that will vanish with the air ship.

I like the idea of a living story, I really do. But I think they are going about it the wrong way. The announcements last december certainly didnt highlight “new instanced minigames every month!”

in Living World

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

The early stuff was produced with little lead time. I’m waiting to see what the teams which will have had more time can produce. As to the story-telling itself… it’s been uneven, but I believe it is getting better.

in Living World

VOLKON.1290

The early stuff was produced with little lead time. I’m waiting to see what the teams which will have had more time can produce. As to the story-telling itself… it’s been uneven, but I believe it is getting better.

You have to admit… those political ads are great.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in Living World

Posted by: Lord Krilik.3692

Lord Krilik.3692

That is the point actually. Living Story chapters chaining into one another. When Dragon Bash was going on, did anyone foresee where that would lead up to now? Now there’s the possibility of one of two counsel members chosen, two distinct paths which can branch down to two distinct stories. Maybe Evon Gnashblade is actually corrupt and influenced by the Consortium and if he wins there’s thoughts on exposing and ousting him, where if Kiel wins he could work towards a path of revenge or simply kick back and run the Black Lion (yeah, right…).

It’s playing out like they said… chapters of a living show, wait ’til next week!

When I commented the first time the brackets (LW is playing out like they said) were not in the title…

in Living World

VOLKON.1290

When I commented the first time the brackets (LW is playing out like they said) were not in the title…

I had assumed (poorly it seems) that between the title and the post that the added portion (by a moderator I think) was implied, my bad there.

#TeamJadeQuarry