Annoying Sylvaris at Camp Resolve

in Living World

Posted by: MarioDX.9423

MarioDX.9423

I have to know if anyone else is getting driven mad by this…
Every time I stand near the merchant at camp resolve so I can quickly buy salvage kits for my salvaging, I hear this Sylvari saying, every couple of minutes, “If Mordremoth could attack the pale tree in the grove, it could attack anywhere!”.
I won’t lie, I kinda wanna make a salad outta this sylvari…

in Living World

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

I don’t get annoyed. And, I don’t think they repeat it that fast unless you’re buying a lot of kits.

You’re probably also hearing the other Sylvari by him saying “I must not let fear poison my heart, even in this forsaken wasteland.” They have the same voice.

You could just stand away from them whenever you’re not using the merchant.

Although, you’ll probably just get annoyed by the other conversations…

Examples:

“I don’t see why we have to take orders from mice and talking cabbages.”

“Okay troops, let’s make our queen proud. Get to it.”

“I hope the queen left enough of us to defend DR, if it comes to that.”

And, someone mentioned this before, but that stuff has nothing on certain dungeon lines…

“You heard—you heard Gra—you heard Grast, hold the —-You heard--you heard Grast, hold the line—-You heard Grast, hold the line! Send the intruders to Grenth!”

“What is—what is-What i—What this this, what have they done to you, my sons? MY OWN FLESH!”

“NO NO NO! We sho—NO NO NO NoNOno—NO no no! No no no, we should—-NO NO nO! No no no! NO NO NO! No no no! We should go to the armory! That’s where Zadorodjny is likely to be!”

in Living World

Posted by: Krimsin.5681

Krimsin.5681

SHOW ME A WOMAN WHO CAN WRESTLE A BEAR

AND I’LL SHOW YOU A KEEPER

in Living World

Posted by: Mental Paradox.3845

Mental Paradox.3845

“They’re getting bolder”

“Of course they are! We barely have enough Lionguard to patrol the city for one shift!”

All dialogue is terribly repetitive.

in Living World

Posted by: Buford.2954

Buford.2954

Repetitive, yes, but some dialogue just becomes classic with repetition like the “BY OGDEN’S HAMMER WHAT SAVINGS” guy. That sylvari is not in any danger of becoming that.

My favorite dialogue from old LA, that was a response to just about everything asked:

Skritt in BLTC: No.

They also don’t have outhouses, they have water closets.

in Living World

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Yes let’s remove all voiceovers and chatter from the NPCs and make the game world feel as dead and boring as all the other game worlds out there, where the NPCs just stand there and don’t say a thing until a player addresses them.

One – Piken Square

in Living World

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

All dialogue is terribly repetitive.

That’s a problem in any game. A video-game hardly has enough unique voice-work to encompass the entire expected play time of the game (that is to say audio is expensive and you’re not going to get hundreds of hours of unique dialog). So we see repetitive dialog in a lot of video games.

There’s a kotaku article doing into more detail: http://kotaku.com/5921878/why-video-game-characters-say-such-ridiculous-things

in Living World

Posted by: Blood Mist Mirage.5610

Blood Mist Mirage.5610

Only nerds read this.

in Living World

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

The dialogue added since the LW began is on a shorter loop than the original dialogue settings – which would loop about once every 2-5 minutes depending on the entire script of the dialogue scene (a lot included NPCs walking from point a to point b thus lengthening the time between the actual spoken lines). The stuff added – most notably – since Battle for Lion’s Arch: Aftermath seems to be on a 1 minute timer.

It owuld be lovely if these got extended to have more time between them.

@Nilkemia: Dungeons suffer an entirely different problem and that is the presence of each player retriggering the lines, or so it seems, rather than the lines being stated once and only once.

Though I’ve never heard Khole (or w/e his name is) repeat his line.

Subdirector Blimm during The Lost Shores had that issue as well, where each player would trigger his response anew.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.