Anyone else think Fate's Razor sounded better

in Living World

Posted by: Sinmir.6504

Sinmir.6504

I didn’t see why Rytlock hated it so much. A play on Destiny’s Edge but still, I thought it was a cool name.

in Living World

Posted by: Zephic.3075

Zephic.3075

I typically don’t like the words fate or destiny in anything. It sounds pretentious.

Dragon’s Watch isn’t terrible, but not my personal pick. Rytlock was mourning the loss of his guild and guild leader. It is no wonder he shot down the idea.

in Living World

Posted by: shadowfanatik.5160

shadowfanatik.5160

honestly its most likely a joke based on a play on words of destiny’s edge, fate and destiny being synonyms, and the same for razor and edge

Raak Bloodmaw

in Living World

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

He didn’t like it because it was in the script…..

SBI

in Living World

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

I typically don’t like the words fate or destiny in anything. It sounds pretentious.

Dragon’s Watch isn’t terrible, but not my personal pick. Rytlock was mourning the loss of his guild and guild leader. It is no wonder he shot down the idea.

This is the reason why he didn’t like it.

On the whole name thing, I really think the guild should have been called Dragon’s Bane. Sounds better, and we ARE pretty much slaying dragons.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in Living World

Posted by: Boysenberry.1869

Boysenberry.1869

Just about anything sound better than Dragon’s Watch. We might as well rename the guild to “Nondescript Large Reptile Exterminators”.

in Living World

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

It’s just another way of saying Destiny’s Edge, not very original. Also as it has already been said, it was in the script

But considering Logan, Caith and Rytlock called them self’s Edge of Steel, and Eir Zojja, and Snaff called them self’s Dragon Spawns Destiny, the members of DE are not great at coming up with names.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

(edited by BrotherBelial.3094)

in Living World

Posted by: Teleoceras.1298

Teleoceras.1298

This is the reason why he didn’t like it.

On the whole name thing, I really think the guild should have been called Dragon’s Bane. Sounds better, and we ARE pretty much slaying dragons.

Dragon’s Bane would have gotten my vote if it was one of the choices. As it was, I thought Dragon’s Watch was the best of the 3 choices we did have.

29 characters!
League of Omnipotents [Omni], Fort Aspenwood

in Living World

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

I didn’t see why Rytlock hated it so much. A play on Destiny’s Edge but still, I thought it was a cool name.

No, I don’t think it was better.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

in Living World

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

On a related note, Fate’s Beard would make an excellent prog band name.

in Living World

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

I wonder if he’d have preferred “Mirror’s Edge”?

in Living World

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

I kinda liked Fate’s Razor better too, but I’m not crazy about either name. A more appropriate name for the guild would be: Why Do These Things Keep Happening to Me?!

Aha! I have the perfect name for the guild: The Die Hards!

in Living World

Posted by: anninke.7469

anninke.7469

I kinda liked Fate’s Razor better too, but I’m not crazy about either name. A more appropriate name for the guild would be: Why Do These Things Keep Happening to Me?!

Aha! I have the perfect name for the guild: The Die Hards!

In my case it would be The Die-A-Lots…

in Living World

Posted by: TheNecrosanct.4028

TheNecrosanct.4028

On a related note, Fate’s Beard would make an excellent prog band name.

Sounds too much like Spock’s Beard or Fates Warning, imho.

in Living World

Posted by: TheNecrosanct.4028

TheNecrosanct.4028

I think you’d be hard pressed to find a Charr who believes in fate as a concept. As a race they are quite cynical and they have denounced all gods. They are very focused on their own achievements and surroundings, not some invisible and mysterious force such as fate. Rytlock’s disdain for the name was the only logical response of a Charr to the name suggestion.