Awful storytelling and scheduling

in Living World

Posted by: Jordo.5913

Jordo.5913

Nov 18th – We are left with a cliffhanger of Caithe stealing the egg, for an unknown reason and to an unknown location.

Dec 2nd – We are left with a cliffhanger looking at a cave with runes on it, and nowhere close to answering the cliffhanger from Nov 18th.

Now we have to wait 6 weeks until January 13th before the episode that answers those cliffhangers? Hell, I guess we can’t assume that it will even answer the cliffhangers, we’ll prob have 3 open cliffhangers after the next episode.

You guys definitely should have provided some concrete conclusions before going on a holiday break that you KNOW is coming.

(edited by Jordo.5913)

in Living World

Posted by: MeGaZlo.9516

MeGaZlo.9516

You just can not wait to find out what will happen next

in Living World

Posted by: Zypher.7609

Zypher.7609

Seems like the story telling did exactly what it is supposed to do. It keeps you wondering what will happen next, glad to see you are looking forward to the January release to answer all of those cliffhanger questions.

in Living World

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

And yet you keep tuning in for the next episode, suggesting that the storytelling and scheduling is not awful, but rather well designed.

Server: Devona’s Rest

in Living World

Posted by: Cuddy.6247

Cuddy.6247

And yet you keep tuning in for the next episode, suggesting that the storytelling and scheduling is not awful, but rather well designed.

Taking extensive breaks from the game because of time gaps between episodes is not exactly “well designed” – it just means people want to find out what happens next. An expansion with all of this content would’ve been much better.

in Living World

Posted by: Jordo.5913

Jordo.5913

Seems like the story telling did exactly what it is supposed to do. It keeps you wondering what will happen next, glad to see you are looking forward to the January release to answer all of those cliffhanger questions.

actually i’m not looking forward to it

you cant have a cliffhanger try to be answered with a side story flashback and then have that end with a cliffhanger too and then hit ur audience with a 6 week break

usually before breaks in a TV show, there are big reveals before a break

if this game keeps going the whole “cliffhangers to answer cliffhangers” route, its gonna end up like the TV show Lost where the audience just got fatigued with never getting answers and always being frustrated at the end of an episode and ultimately just left

more than likely with the next season after this I’m just gonna take a large break(if anet can do it, why not me), im gonna log in for 2 seconds on every episode release and then im gonna spam run it once they are all out so i can avoid this kitten

(edited by Jordo.5913)

in Living World

Posted by: Varakkys.2490

Varakkys.2490

My daily Guild Wars 2 experience for the next month:

More time spent loading LA than in the game.

in Living World

Posted by: Conner.5803

Conner.5803

I only come back for the achievements and gear. The story itself could just die in a corner for all that matters. If I wanted a story I would watch a movie or read a book. I play a game for playable content to entertain me.

in Living World

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

The good part about a bad story is, that most people don’t care.
If people don’t care, scheduling is no longer of any importance.

You have to adapt to ANet’s mindset. In their company philosophy, they just created a perfect win/win situation!

in Living World

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

Taking extensive breaks from the game because of time gaps between episodes is not exactly “well designed” – it just means people want to find out what happens next. An expansion with all of this content would’ve been much better.

The expansion model on story telling isn’t much different, just on a larger scale. You finish the entire expansion storyline somewhere between 2 weeks to a month or so. Then we get to sit on our thumbs for another 2 to 4 months wondering, “What’s going to happen next since this is done?”.

(edited by Erukk.1408)

in Living World

Posted by: Andovar Edoras.2143

Andovar Edoras.2143

I only come back for the achievements and gear. The story itself could just die in a corner for all that matters. If I wanted a story I would watch a movie or read a book. I play a game for playable content to entertain me.

For some reason i always feel offended when someone says something like ‘’the story could just die in a corner, i wouldnt care’’ (My best friend skipped all cutscenes and dialogue in S2 so far and i was just kittened at him for doing that)… Personally to me, the story is one of the most important aspects of a game, EXACTLY like in a movie or a book… i basically compare a video game to both of those… Without a story, the content itself is dull and pointless.

in Living World

Posted by: Conner.5803

Conner.5803

For some reason i always feel offended when someone says something like ‘’the story could just die in a corner, i wouldnt care’’ (My best friend skipped all cutscenes and dialogue in S2 so far and i was just kittened at him for doing that)… Personally to me, the story is one of the most important aspects of a game, EXACTLY like in a movie or a book… i basically compare a video game to both of those… Without a story, the content itself is dull and pointless.

Fair enough. Let’s comprimise then. The LS should have a meaningful story but also deliver actual content that’s let’s say actualy dynamic. That way we get content we could play and also have the option of personalizing the LS story. And with that I mean not like the personal story where you get to choose some options and do exactly the same thing only in another area, but more in the way of like being able to choose which partner of DE(2) you wanna bring with you, being able to do combination skills or something with them that can’t be found outside the LS. Or even a mini-dungeon that changes depending on who you brought with you and the other choices you made during the LS. Personalized instances would be awesome, but if it’s implementable by Anet at this point of the game is doubtable, but we can still dream though.