Back after 3 months break...

in Living World

Posted by: Amineo.8951

Amineo.8951

So many games came out and there are much more to come, last time i played it was on October, what happened since then? Is the game still the same with the living story or did it changed? I kinda disliked living story, i could never get into it…

in Living World

Posted by: CalamityO.2890

CalamityO.2890

Well, the newest living story has given some confirmation to a theory that was posted on the forums for a while now. The season 2 ending had the most amazing art used. With a trailer to boot, which has the fanbase excited over. Keep your eyes and ears open for 24th Jan, two of the head studio are going to PAX for a major annoucement. The game got some new armour skin. A new boss in silver wastes. Which is inspired from the marionette fight. All that without giving any spoilers away.

inthecubbyhole.wordpress.com

in Living World

Posted by: Iron Wolf.5973

Iron Wolf.5973

So the living story is actually worth while? :O

in Living World

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

Not really, no.

in Living World

Posted by: Lazaar.9123

Lazaar.9123

Latest living story is definitely worth looking at because of the lore. Nilkemia is just sour like usual.

in Living World

Nilkemia.8507

Oh really? What lore? They basically picked the theory everyone heard of when Mordremoth was nothing more than part of a name of a boss’s attack skill.

“We came from the jungle dragon cause my dream said so!”

in Living World

Lazaar.9123

So a name of a boss attack skill that uses a lot of skills related to elder dragons was completely a coincidence? Yeah, no. They’re likely been hanging onto it for quite a long time. That is how writing works, the start and ending is thought of first, and everything in-between is worked upon that base.

in Living World

Nilkemia.8507

You’re missing the point.

I suppose I’ll just link this thread for you.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/lore/On-the-Sixth-Elder-Dragon-and-its-corruption/first

in Living World

Posted by: eduardo.1436

eduardo.1436

To me the 1st 4 episodes were good, and the last 4 were amazing. So it is worth coming back imo

in Living World

Lazaar.9123

You seem to be missing the point. We do not know what lore they had and what they didn’t have, the OP in that thread could have just figured out what the original plan for the sixth dragon was. We have no evidence that it was, and we have no evidence that it wasn’t. So, case closed.

in Living World

Nilkemia.8507

The point is that the dragon minion theory was bad fanfic material that didn’t need to be used for the origin of the sylvari at all, and just raises even more questions instead of answer—-oh wait, a smiley. Clearly a troll then.

in Living World

Lazaar.9123

Oh yes, because anyone that doesn’t agree with you must be a troll right?

in Living World

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

The point is that the dragon minion theory was bad fanfic material that didn’t need to be used for the origin of the sylvari at all, and just raises even more questions instead of answer—-oh wait, a smiley. Clearly a troll then.

Just because you don’t like it doesn’t mean its bad, wrong or silly. All it means is that you don’t like it. Opinion aren’t always factual. I for example rather liked it, which has just as much factual value as your opinion.

in Living World

Posted by: Lethalvriend.1723

Lethalvriend.1723

I personally think the new story was enjoyable. Alot of people are just sour or spoiled by other things. The whole theory thing being confirmed just means that if alot of people ponder over the same thing there is a chance they will come up with the exact same solution as the devs. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with that and I think the story is going in a good direction. You have to realize that they have set up the major framework for this story loooong ago. I really doubt they would come up with major plot points ‘on the go’. They probably fill in the details like that with a few months of preparation each time, but the major story arch is set up early. Don’t forget that the LS is free if you are an active player and for what they delivered I’m glad I took the time to unlock them.

in Living World

Posted by: Moldur.6275

Moldur.6275

Also keep in mind that it is only a fraction of Anet working on the Living Story, the rest, well, Heart of Thorns.

And yes they do make plans for the far future, I think we can agree that the sylvari were planned to be Mordremoths minions from the day the race was introduced pre-release.