Bandit Death Mark vanished?

in Living World

Posted by: WereDragon.6083

WereDragon.6083

Anyone have an issue with their Bandit Death Mark vanishing after they opened the mail? It never showed up in my inventory after claiming the item, I still have the mail and no mark.

If anyone might have any information on where the dang thing might have gone I would be eternally grateful.

What do we say to the god of death? Not Today….
Eleshod|80 Thief|Tarnished Coast
Malsavias|80 Necromancer| Tarnished Coast

in Living World

Posted by: onevstheworld.2419

onevstheworld.2419

Did you get it then fight the legendary bandit? I think it gets consumed when you defeat him

in Living World

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Did you get it then fight the legendary bandit? I think it gets consumed when you defeat him

No it stays, or at least it did for me.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

in Living World

Posted by: WereDragon.6083

WereDragon.6083

Would you mind terribly checking if that’s the trinket the legend drops? Or the actual mark.

What do we say to the god of death? Not Today….
Eleshod|80 Thief|Tarnished Coast
Malsavias|80 Necromancer| Tarnished Coast

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

The Mark of Death trophy gets removed from your inventory when you kill the Executioner. If that was the first time you killed her, you also get an Exotic accessory with the same icon as a reward from the achievement.

I have heard that it’s possible to get additional copies of the Mark of Death from killing bandit champions (or perhaps from another source, I haven’t gotten one myself), so if you have another one in your inventory, that’s likely where it came from.

in Living World

BrotherBelial.3094

Would you mind terribly checking if that’s the trinket the legend drops? Or the actual mark.

It’s the mark.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|

in Living World

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

My mark became the trinket after a kill

in Living World

Posted by: onevstheworld.2419

onevstheworld.2419

Sorry, I wasn’t being clear. I meant what Randulf said.

in Living World

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

It (should) disappear, but you get a trinket version of the thing from an achievement for beating an executioner on a character with the mail-given death mark.

If you still have the trophy Bandit Death Mark (obtained from the mail) then you shouldn’t have the trinket one (unless you get a second trophy one from completing Long Arm of the Law II or something).

My mark became the trinket after a kill

It doesn’t “become” it. It disappears, but you get an achievement completed when it does, and that achievement rewards the trinket version. In between killing the bandit executioner and opening that achievement chest, you won’t have a death mark.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

(edited by Konig Des Todes.2086)

in Living World

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You can also get a Mark from the Champions/Legendaries. I got another one yesterday. Perhaps, the OP’s was replaced, but OP still should have received the trinket, if the Achievement was completed.

in Living World

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Actually, yes, you can get another one from a champion. I have a second one sitting in my inventory right now, and I’ve also gotten the reward for killing the bandit boss.

Don’t know if that’s a bug, intended, or massive luck with a drop, but it definitely happened for me.

Gone to Reddit.

in Living World

BrotherBelial.3094

You can also get a Mark from the Champions/Legendaries. I got another one yesterday. Perhaps, the OP’s was replaced, but OP still should have received the trinket, if the Achievement was completed.

You also can get it from bandit chests from the CM PvP reward track.