Bandit Skeleton Chests Farm?

in Living World

Posted by: Roguefire.8174

Roguefire.8174

Is there a group that farms these or something. I have craploads of keys, but the shovels are hard to come by. Was trying to get Nomad’s Orichalcum Imbued Inscription, I used up 10 shovels I had and got nothing from the chests of value.

Why not keep it like dry top and randomly place the chests. I really hate how I’m forcibly having to rely on other people and zerg content to obtain items in game. As soon as majority have farmed this area dry and obtained everything they become ghost towns. Make it more solo/small group friendly…

in Living World

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Unfortunately, they nerfed the heck out of bandit chest farming some time ago. So much so, most don’t bother anymore. I know because I have like 60+ shovels in my backpack. And no keys. And I’m not buying keys with crests.

Saving crests for the next update. Which will undoubtedly require a bucket-load for the last two pieces of armor.

Finally, I agree with you. We said the exact thing about when the majority is done, the zone dies. So far, Silverwastes is teetering, but there are still people going from breach to breach because it can be profitable to farm rares and the like.

Not the chests. Not anymore. Not at all.

Sorry to say, but until something changes, it’s unlikely you’ll find a ‘group’ farming the chests outside of some guild runners. This will probably change a little bit when the next update to Silverwastes happens. But, my apologies for being the bearer of bad news, the day of Bandit Chest farming is dead.

Gone to Reddit.

in Living World

Roguefire.8174

Well this blows…

in Living World

Posted by: ViralVarda.2739

ViralVarda.2739

Keep your shovels, though. Come next patch, there might be another goodie in those chests.

in Living World

Roguefire.8174

I have craploads of keys, but the shovels are hard to come by. Was trying to get Nomad’s Orichalcum Imbued Inscription, I used up 10 shovels I had and got nothing from the chests of value.

I have no shovels and plenty of keys…

in Living World

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

The shovels and chests are a group effort. As everyone can benefit from one shovel, you should gather people with shovels all around and share the loot and shovels.

One – Piken Square

in Living World

Posted by: Pipra.7580

Pipra.7580

What is in the Chests that is worth farming for? I still open them up as I come across them, or when I get a Shovel, but honestly there isn’t much in there that I’ve seen that I’d consider worth farming.

in Living World

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

The one big farm group I ran with about a week ago was a lot of fun. We stopped to help progress fort events as we went, got the bandit area, got a bunch of champs, did the Breach once it came up, and got a lot of chests all in between. All in all, the guild who was doing it did a very nice job organizing and whole thing felt well rounded because you were helping as you farmed the chests. My only sad was periodically I ran out of keys (oh, so many chests!) and had to find who was open nearby to sell some more so I could continue, lol.

in Living World

Ardenwolfe.8590

Chest faming’s en masse is not the norm by any stretch since the nerf and you know it. Also, they’ve nerfed the amount of crests and the like you get in return. So, now, most people do not farm chests in the large groups they used to. That is common knowledge.

While I’m glad you’re helping a fellow player, I really don’t appreciate you saying I have no idea what I’m talking about. There has been thread after thread in the past about how the nerf killed chest farming around Amber and elsewhere.

Please keep it civil if you disagree in the future. There was no need to be rude.

Gone to Reddit.

(edited by Ardenwolfe.8590)

in Living World

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

You literally have no idea what you’re talking about people farm silverwaste chests all day I’d at 2000 bags in 3 days add me in game I’ll farm with you main farming tools are Tyr almighty and crypt the immortal

That’s not the norm by any stretch since the nerf and you know it. Also, they’ve nerfed the amount of crests and the like you get in return. So, now, most people do not farm chests in the large groups they used to. That is common knowledge.

While I’m glad you’re helping a fellow player, I really don’t appreciate you saying I have no idea what I’m talking about. There has been thread after thread in the past about how the nerf killed chest farming around Amber and elsewhere.

Please keep it civil if you disagree in the future. There was no need to be rude.

Actually it seems to be quite common recently(since around the start of the Wintersday patch, maybe slightly before). Prior to that it did seem like chest farming had died down.

in Living World

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

They didn’t ”nerf the hell" out of it, they slightly reduced the amount of chests that spawn at amber…bringing it in line with the other areas of the map which are hard to farm continuously.

People hit the chests pretty hard after the breach. Just use the lfg tool to find a map that is close to the breach and go nuts afterwards.

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

in Living World

Posted by: Morte.5916

Morte.5916

You literally have no idea what you’re talking about people farm silverwaste chests all day I’d at 2000 bags in 3 days add me in game I’ll farm with you main farming tools are Tyr almighty and crypt the immortal

That’s not the norm by any stretch since the nerf and you know it.

Are you US or Euro?

On Euro, there’s an organised farm at every day, with a commander and banners and so on. It fills the instance, and takes in some events along the way to build the five stacks of magic find and get shovels. The last one I did started early and was still going when I quit after 2 hours. I got a stack of 250 bags and some spares. In three chest farms I’ve gotten an ascended assassin’s focus for my mesmer, all the carapace skins I needed (and didn’t get from the breach), and I seem to be 300 gold richer for some reason. This is all in the last week, when was your nerf?

Sorry Ardenwolfe, but I think you’re plain mistaken about this.

in Living World

Roguefire.8174

I added you, expect to be annoyed when you come online :P

in Living World

Ardenwolfe.8590

Sorry Ardenwolfe, but I think you’re plain mistaken about this.

U.S. And from my experience, it’s breach hopping after breach hopping. It used to be you could see chest farming advertised on the LFG and also see it being done, prior to the nerf, around Amber and elsewhere.

But, regardless, that’s been my experience and others as mentioned in many threads. Still, if the OP got he was looking for, all the better.

Yet, again, we’re not seeing it on my server by any stretch. So, I suppose, your mileage may vary.

Gone to Reddit.

in Living World

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

EU here as well. Maybe it’s just dead on the NA side.

in Living World

Posted by: Morte.5916

Morte.5916

You guys should get yourself an orgaised farm zerg. The beauty is, with 2 shovels you can open 2 chests but if 100 people bring 2 shovels each they can open 200. And since you take the map over, you’re not interfering with anybody doing events.

in Living World

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Seems like every time I go to the Silverwastes recently, the first map I come across is a “farm map” and I have to LFG out to find ones actually doing the breach.

Yesterday, for instance, first map I got into was a farm map. Actually decided to join the farm for a bit since I had some spare crests and need a bit of gold. Crashed out, logged back in, still ended up in a farm map (the same one, in fact). I went for about 2-3 hours personally, and from what I hear the farm had been ongoing for at least 5 hours when I started.

Maybe that’s just something to do with my home server and what shard / map the game is deciding to put me into based on that, though.

Still, farming maps are out there. This was on the US servers, as well, so its not just EU that has them as some seem to be suggesting.

in Living World

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

All it takes to organize a chest run is one person.
If you want a lot of shovels… be that person.

Server: Devona’s Rest

in Living World

Posted by: Kasteros.9847

Kasteros.9847

Yeah it exist. Mostly after 9 pm CET or so. If u WANT to farm chests join SW guild that run everyday after 9:30 pm with tons of shovels.

[One][SiOn][dF]
16.03.15 We remember! R.I.P. MT
Shocking interview with Anet WvW Dev