Better Red Than Dead: Facet Counts

in Living World

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

While this is not a terrible achievement, it was crazy how infrequently red came up. My longest count was 15 summoned facets between reds. Blue seemed to be the most common, but I didn’t distinguish between the blues and greens when counting.

What your longest run of non-red facets while trying to get this achievement?

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

This achievement was infuriating, I agree. It could take you 2 minutes, or it could take you 2 hours, depending on your luck. Thankfully, I was done with it in about 20 or so mins, although it was frustrating seeing blue and green pop up again and again. I think the longest streak was 6 non-reds.

in Living World

Posted by: Vael Victus.2654

Vael Victus.2654

I had to wait a few intervals, but my lover and I got him down in two sessions. I can say it was annoying to wait, though, especially on the Redux achievement.

in Living World

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I remember reading a post where someone said that it seems to favor the furthest crystal from you, so to stand between blue and green to make it more likely to choose red.

There were other people in the thread who disputed that, but honestly, I used that strategy and had great success with it. Could have just been luck, of course, but I was able to consistently get it to switch to Red by sticking near blue and green, so at the very least I think its something for people to try. If it is truly random it won’t make a positive difference, but it won’t hurt either. And if it is a factor, then… well, obviously that’s a plus.

in Living World

Zaxares.5419

Nah, that poster was wrong. The colour selection is pure RNG. Where you’re standing has no effect on what colour is chosen. (Trust me, I tried that method too.)

in Living World

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

That’s why i suggest doing it in pairs. Get the first red to show up, then just have one person dps Light using any color that shows up next (achievement is counted separately for each person). After that use mote to reset, and swich places so the other person can get the achi as well.
Otherwise you can wait really long for the next red to show up. And if you are not a dps build (so need more than two buffs to kill him), you may have a problem.

I don’t remember the exact count in my first attempt, but i do remember that at one time green and blue showed up for so long, that Light reset to full hp midfight (yes, if it gets undamaged for a long time, it will eventually do that, even if technically it is in combat, due to still attacking you).

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

in Living World

Zaxares.5419

That’s… a really clever idea, Astral. Wish I’d thought of it.

in Living World

Posted by: DarkWasp.7291

DarkWasp.7291

My brother and I did it (ranger + guard) in the first volley.

So it is possible.

Bring your highest DPS characters to that fight so you don’t have to wait for red multiple times.

^ Uses Guild Wars 2 character screenshots for desktop wallpapers.

in Living World

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

If you don’t take the facet down quickly, it will eventually respawn to a random color and come back with its health still reduced. You can stand in the area near where you finally leave and the death circles do not reach that far. Just lure the facet there and hit on it a bit and let it respawn, rinse and repeat until it goes for red. It is still RNG based but I thought that it seemed to take less time.