Blood Rubies and future episodes

in Living World

Posted by: Xevv.9175

Xevv.9175

Obviously nobody will know for sure (unless a dev wants to chime in) but Im just wondering what other peoples opinions are on whether or not blood rubies will be used for the next episode(s) and unlocking the other ring/earrings

Right now that node doesnt seem too tempting, but if the rubies will have a use past this episode…. well Id rather buy it now and start collecting.

in Living World

Posted by: Taxidriver.2043

Taxidriver.2043

my guess is we will be farming rubies and magic for the entire LS3 for another year? and accessories is supposed to come out next chapter. Maybe armor set comes out later for 500-1000 rubies per piece?

in Living World

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I have a feeling the Bloodstone Rubies aren’t going to be used for the next set(s) of Ascended jewelry simply because it would mean that anyone who farms a whole bunch right now could just buy them instantly day 1 of the next release. Which isn’t good for keeping people playing the new content.

But I’m assuming they’ll be used for something, since the devs also said during the AMA that they didn’t feel they fit as currency and that’s why they’re items and not in the wallet. Right now they are just currency, so I’m thinking they’re going to be used for other things at some point. Unless all they meant by that comment is something along the lines of “We already have Unbound Magic as a map currency and we didn’t want 2 different currencies for the same map”. Which is possible, but I still think they have something else up their sleeve for Rubies personally.

in Living World

Posted by: Baron Von Graymouse.7801

Baron Von Graymouse.7801

Personally I would like to see them used as a crafting material.

in Living World

Posted by: suffish.4150

suffish.4150

I think that unbound magic will be a currency for all of season 3 or at least the first half of it. The reason I think this is that it would give players an opportunity to earn rewards in a variety of different maps and would not force people into playing just one zone for rewards.

As for blood rubies, they will probably not be used for future episodes. This is because if they are used, then it would fit the pattern of using unbound magic in other zones (which I am almost sure they will do) but I think that rubies will not be used in other zones because that would lead to many people getting every reward on day 1 then just not playing the new map very much because they have no reason to do so.

Overall, I predict that all maps in the first half (or all) of season 3 will use the same currency (unbound magic) but they will all use their own blood Ruby equivalent to buy things like ascended jewellery or (hopefully) armour and weapon skins.

PvP- Stronlo Beastmaster (Ranger)
PvE- Grolex (Warrior)
PvP rank: 20 Rating: 1864 (season 7)

in Living World

Posted by: Flasheart.2098

Flasheart.2098

I wouldn’t be surprised if they had a new item based on Dragonite ore or Empyreal fragments for future episodes

in Living World

Posted by: Glacial.9516

Glacial.9516

I don’t expect them to be, but if not I hope we get a crafting storage spot for Blood rubies. I certainly don’t want to be carrying around another 4 ‘currency’ items from the new maps on every character I may want to farm there.

I think the above idea makes sense that they may move onto Dragonite ore and Empyreal fragments for future episodes (at least Dragonite ore, as the Unstable Anomaly item consumes them as well).

in Living World

Posted by: Roguedemonhunter.9621

Roguedemonhunter.9621

It’s time for old school crafting to get some love.

Why are we turning these over to a ruddy add on npc for when our own jewel crafter characters could be producing some ascended bling?

in Living World

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

I wouldn’t be surprised if they had a new item based on Dragonite ore or Empyreal fragments for future episodes

maybe in future seasons, but bloodstone was this whole season’s thing, not until we move away to a different area will we stop using bloodstones. Since there was a red barrier at the north side of the map I predict that next (or 3rd) chapter will unlock the second half of the map with more bloodstone currencies

in Living World

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

maybe in future seasons, but bloodstone was this whole season’s thing, not until we move away to a different area will we stop using bloodstones. Since there was a red barrier at the north side of the map I predict that next (or 3rd) chapter will unlock the second half of the map with more bloodstone currencies

There won’t be another section in Bloodstone Fen. We can already get map completion for the zone. Dry Top was specifically left without a completion reward until it was “done”. Not the case here. It’ll be a second new map for future story stuff, if anything.

in Living World

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

There won’t be another section in Bloodstone Fen. We can already get map completion for the zone. Dry Top was specifically left without a completion reward until it was “done”. Not the case here. It’ll be a second new map for future story stuff, if anything.

I agree. The Devs stated (in the latest Guild Chat) that all the available (World) map area (in that vicinity) was used for the Bloodstone Fen. I don’t believe it will be expanding.

in Living World

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

I agree. The Devs stated (in the latest Guild Chat) that all the available (World) map area (in that vicinity) was used for the Bloodstone Fen. I don’t believe it will be expanding.

I don’t use reddit, so 99.99% of what anet says goes past me (official forums, heeeeey, not neglected at all)
I just assumed more would come due to the energy-barrier in that zone. But if a dev stated no further progress, then I’m cool with that. I wished they did something with the mineshaft below in the back of the maw, though

in Living World

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I don’t use reddit, so 99.99% of what anet says goes past me (official forums, heeeeey, not neglected at all)
I just assumed more would come due to the energy-barrier in that zone. But if a dev stated no further progress, then I’m cool with that. I wished they did something with the mineshaft below in the back of the maw, though

I don’t use Reddit, either; not sure why you brought it up.

You can find Guild Chat on the official Guild Wars 2 Twitch channel, the official Guild Wars 2 Youtube channel, and the official Guild Wars 2 News Blog.

Good luck.