Bloodstone Fens and Dragon Age Inquisition

in Living World

Posted by: Morfedel.4165

Morfedel.4165

So, I found this so ironic. I started playing Dragon Age Inquisition a few weeks ago, to take a break from GW2, and then the LS episode came out.

In DAI, I’m encountering templars taking Red Lyrium which is corrupting them, turning them into abominations. In the GW2 LS, I’m encountering white mantle infected with red bloodstone, which is corrupting them and making them crazy, plus red bloodstone stuff everywhere in the BF landscape, and red lyrium cropping up everywhere in DAI.

In DAI, there are rifts opening up disgorging demons. In GW2 LS, there are rifts opening up disgorging displaced creatures.

Red Lyrium. Red Bloodstone. Rifts in both. I swear I am having serious deja vu no matter which game I’m playing now. If they update DAI with hang gliding or the LS with a war table, I’ll be flabbergasted.

But romance options for characters in GW2 might be fun

Morale of the story: Red Earthy Stuff = Evil.

Not a criticism, I just found it amusing. Carry on.

in Living World

Posted by: Zok.4956

Zok.4956

In DAI, there are rifts opening up disgorging demons. In GW2 LS, there are rifts opening up disgorging displaced creatures.

Well, you know, there is also the game “Rift”, in which rifts are opening with all kinds of demons and creatures that you have to kill to close the rift.

Morale of the story: Red Earthy Stuff = Evil.

Nope. red=fire, red=blood.

Don’t know nor care about DAI, but in GW2 it is not unexpected that there is a lot of “red” at the location where a Bloodstone exploded.

in Living World

Posted by: Redfeather.6401

Redfeather.6401

There’s also Corypheus using the calling to turn grey wardens. Gettin into their heads.
The fade functioning similar to the mists.
And of course named dragons.
But that’s because they are fantasy tropes.

in Living World

Posted by: Cirian.8917

Cirian.8917

And there was me thinking the Bloodstone Maw looked just like the Northern Crater in Final Fantasy 7 and all the creatures had Mako poisoning.

Lazarus the Dire is Sephiroth, Xera can be Hojo/Jenova and Caudacus can be President Shinra.

in Living World

Posted by: WhiteFox.9432

WhiteFox.9432

Yep, was thinking the same thing… glad I’m not the only one.

in Living World

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

It’s not as if any of the ideas in the other aforementioned games were new to them, either. Artists have been adapting themes and villains and conflicts since the first storyteller was telling stories.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

in Living World

Posted by: Omega Zoa.3859

Omega Zoa.3859

Bloodstones been around BEFORE red lyrium though. However the reward chest from unbound guardian looks awfully like the random red lyrium chests in dragon age inquisition..

“Might makes Right” – the ability to commit an act is sufficient justification to do it.

in Living World

Posted by: Korval.3751

Korval.3751

Bloodstone and those affected by it was part of GW long before the Dragon Age series even existed. The concepts of fantasy are mostly all the same, and all of them owe their thanks for Tolkien for basically inventing the genre.