Bring Down The Abomination (is a joke)

in Living World

Posted by: Ciscoduck.8423

Ciscoduck.8423

You seriously need to rethink this one. No matter what I do, I cannot kill that thing before running out of grubs (with my Druid).

in Living World

Posted by: Azakael.3019

Azakael.3019

Are you killing the grubs when the Abomination is right in the middle of them? You need to make sure it gets caught in the death blast of all of them. Use the two groups of four first.

in Living World

Ciscoduck.8423

I believe if they’re not going to let the user’s weapon do damage (even if it’s the slightest bit), they need a respawn for the grubs… Nothing more infuriating then running out of those kitten things with the abomination down to (around) 5%

in Living World

Ciscoduck.8423

Are you killing the grubs when the Abomination is right in the middle of them? You need to make sure it gets caught in the death blast of all of them. Use the two groups of four first.

I was using solar beam (primarily) and it tends to be quite random (while in motion) and I was popping the undead ones with the abomination out of position. I had to be a little more careful. I guess I play the game in a little more relaxed state than required… The final step should be a laugh riot.

in Living World

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

Yeah, you’re doing it wrong. I have yet to have less than three groups of grubs left in that part. It’s incredibly easy to do.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

in Living World

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

The difficulty depends for a lot on the combat style you’re trying to accomplish it with. Full on melee wading into groups of grubs and killing them when the abomination is on top of you is really easy. Trying to do it ranged takes a lot more maneuvering, but once you figure it out, it’s not that hard.

It helps to know that when you kill a grub of one type, all nearby grubs of the other type will blow up as well. Useful if you’re not using cleaving attacks. I think the 2 groups outside are there to teach that mechanic. Easy to miss if you just cleave them all into oblivion though.

in Living World

Posted by: Klaeljanus.7695

Klaeljanus.7695

Yeah, the Abom needs to be in the middle of a group of grubs, not on an edge, going with an AoE setup instead of a boss fight setup is probably the most important thing in that fight.

in Living World

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

I was using solar beam (primarily)

Just put that staff on your back, grab your sword and melee the grubs with the abomination in melee range as well. This was one easy fight.

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

in Living World

Posted by: Purgatori.3645

Purgatori.3645

:3 hmmm … I took this down with my Ranger (not druid) with no problems at all. Took 2 minutes.

When life knocks you down, roll over and look at the stars.

in Living World

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

:3 hmmm … I took this down with my Ranger (not druid) with no problems at all. Took 2 minutes.

I did, as well. I thought it was one of the easiest ‘bosses’. Just stand in the middle of the grubs, and AoE them down with the Abomination near. /shrug

in Living World

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

I believe if they’re not going to let the user’s weapon do damage (even if it’s the slightest bit), they need a respawn for the grubs… Nothing more infuriating then running out of those kitten things with the abomination down to (around) 5%

I don’t understand the problem. You just need to stand in a group of grubs, wait for the Abomination to attack you on close range, then do damage to the grubs so they poison the Abomination. Takes three groups of gubs the most to finish off the Abomination.

Did it with my Ranger and my Revenant and was done in about a minute. You just have to do CC to the grubs, it really doesn’t take long.

What profession did you play when running into a problem with this?

in Living World

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

You’re obviously not using the grubs right, because you only need about 2/3rd of the actually present. if you run out of grubs you need to die and reset.
there’s even an achievement for not wasting any.

when they die, they explode. make sure the boss is in the explosion

in Living World

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

I was using solar beam (primarily) and it tends to be quite random (while in motion) and I was popping the undead ones with the abomination out of position. I had to be a little more careful. I guess I play the game in a little more relaxed state than required… The final step should be a laugh riot.

Well, that’s your problem. Staff isn’t a good choice for being able to take out the grubs you want quickly. Pretty much any other weapon [lb, gs, sword] is a better choice.

Put your pet on passive so it doesn’t accidentally kill grubs prematurely and use it to hold the boss down when it’s on top of the grubs. Then just take your time killing a grub.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in Living World

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

It’s very easy as a gruadian and did it the first time. I even had 3 or 4 grub groups left. Just hop into one group. Wait until the abomination arrives in the middle of the grub group and use 3-4 traps (as guardian) or any other strong AoE skill like ele stuff etc…. done.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong