Bring back Festival Token mercant.

in Living World

Posted by: Aniltiger.9186

Aniltiger.9186

I know that we’ve had sevral weeks to hand in our festival tokens and for those who didn’t hand them in on time got to blame themselves. However, it is summer, a lot of people are on hollidays and abroad without being able to log into the game.
It would be most kind to put one mercant which we all can hand in the last pieces of our festival tokens that we still have in our bags. A couple of days would do.

Anenanet have done this sevral times before, by having the previous patch exclusive mercant aviable for a week just to make sure the players can still hand in their hard earned currency for the limited items. (e.g. SAB)

Please consider this. It would be most appreciated!

in Living World

Posted by: Zypher.7609

Zypher.7609

They gave 2 month notice that it would go away on July 1st, if they gave 1 extra week there would be people saying why did you only give 1 week. Because there are people traveling or abroad that have been gone for 2 months and 1 week. There is no good time to take it away, so what they do is give you a date when everything is going away if you are not able to make that time save the tokens and hope it comes back in the future.

in Living World

Posted by: jheryn.8390

jheryn.8390

They gave 2 month notice that it would go away on July 1st, if they gave 1 extra week there would be people saying why did you only give 1 week. Because there are people traveling or abroad that have been gone for 2 months and 1 week. There is no good time to take it away, so what they do is give you a date when everything is going away if you are not able to make that time save the tokens and hope it comes back in the future.

^This. I don’t believe it is fair to ask them to extend something that we have known for a very long time would be taken away on a specific date.

I did my events in the Bazaar last night and cashed in my tokens. If I would have been gone last night I would have done it last weekend. It is our onus to meet obligations for deadlines given to us in game, not the company who makes them.

in Living World

Posted by: Kite.2510

Kite.2510

Thank god I spend all of my tokens yesterday…

But it IS kind of annoying how they are going away after each patch. The content now is supposed to be permanent. …Right?…

…and don’t be toxic!

in Living World

Posted by: Aniltiger.9186

Aniltiger.9186

That you say is true, but it wouldn’t hurt to extend it for another week with an announcement about its return. People would be more alert and pay attention to it. Also since most of the LS patches have overlapped eachother, I assume players still think that bits of the the previous patch will be around for another week, just for those who doesn’t play too much, but still contributed for the event. Or other reasons.

Also, the content is gone as Kite say. So a mercant with these exclusive items wouldn’t hurt the game itself. It would just “improve” the game in that manner that you are free to choose whatever you want, when it fits you.

(edited by Aniltiger.9186)

in Living World

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

Made sure to dump all my tokens last night…….Anet gave us plenty of warning on this, so, imo, players complaining about it have no excuses.

(And I would be willing to bet that Anet will add a merchant, or add a category to an existing merchant or a few to accept tokens somewhere in the future….just like they did with the blade shards)

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

(edited by Teon.5168)

in Living World

Posted by: Baamoink.4281

Baamoink.4281

2 months notice. If you were travelling or away for 2 months, how did you manage the time to collect these tokens in the first place if you don’t have the time to cash them in?

Guild: Mantle Assasins [MA] – Guild Leader
Server: Far Shiverpeaks EU

in Living World

Posted by: Devata.6589

Devata.6589

^This. I don’t believe it is fair to ask them to extend something that we have known for a very long time would be taken away on a specific date.

I did my events in the Bazaar last night and cashed in my tokens. If I would have been gone last night I would have done it last weekend. It is our onus to meet obligations for deadlines given to us in game, not the company who makes them.

They said the festival would end not that the vendors would go.
In fact I waited for the festival to be gone to then see what I wanted to buy as only then I knew how many token I had.

A dev said on this forum once (when a question was asked about another festival if the vendor would stay for an extra week).
Sure we did that before so you can expect them to be here again. And they where.

Since then thats how I expect it to be.

Usually I don’t have much tokens so don’t really know if Anet does that always but for sure they do it usually.

They put the vendors in for a week longer so people can turn in there stuff. I think they simply forgot it and will do it the next patch. Also that happened before.

(edited by Devata.6589)

in Living World

Posted by: EenVerrassing.9678

EenVerrassing.9678

I’m with Devata on this one. I to was saving them till the end, to later on pick the things i wanted. Since my RL situation stops being hectic in a week I wanted to wait till then to take a well thought decision.
So i still hope they can put a vendor somewhere. Maybe that dude at he Grand Piazza?

in Living World

Posted by: Whyzo Serius.2379

Whyzo Serius.2379

Yea I’m with the others, they shouldn’t bring it back. You had plenty of notice and like others have mentioned if you had time to acquire them then you had time to spend them. I also had some RL stuff going on during the past month but I made sure to spend all the tokens I had a few days ago, takes 5 mins to look through and decide.

Life is about compromise, you cant have everything your own way.

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

While I do agree that two months was plenty of time to trade in your tokens, I also agree that keeping a “grace period” NPC for a week or two after the event finishes is also a very nice gesture that would do wonders to improve customer satisfaction.

in Living World

Posted by: Baamoink.4281

Baamoink.4281

Even if Anet did extend it by a week. We’d still get another thread exactly the same as this one, asking why it isn’t 2 weeks. Spiraling dilemma with people who don’t cash in their tokens soon enough before these events end

Guild: Mantle Assasins [MA] – Guild Leader
Server: Far Shiverpeaks EU

in Living World

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

We went through the exact same thing with the heirlooms ad nauseum.

This is where it was put out: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/get-ready/

“We’re happy to announce that the first episode of Living World Season 2 will kick off on July 1! The Festival of the Four Winds will continue until that date, so enjoy the festivities while they last!”

If you have played this game any length of time you know you better cash in your whatevers before that patch comes. That news item, by the way, shows as you are logging in so there is little excuse for not having checked it. If you don’t check those links as you are logging on, maybe you should…

Yes, it would be nice to have a ‘grace period’ but then folk would be asking for extra time for this that and the other. Overall it is ANet’s call. I am truly sorry for those who may have missed cashing in but life can be full of missed opportunities. I have had one or two missed opportunities in the game myself. Sucky but there you go… This is just one of many you encounter through life.

in Living World

Posted by: cpg.7140

cpg.7140

Not that people didn’t have warning, but there’s little reason not to keep an NPC vendor out there for a bit longer (there’s honestly no possible downside to it), and it is annoying if you happen to get some tokens right before the patch hits with no chance to spend them.

Frankly, in situations like these the vendor needs to stay for a little while AFTER the currency stops dropping, just so you don’t get stuck with any unspendable currency. Whether that means you turn off the currency early or keep the vendor late I don’t really care.

Hobwash
[TAS] – The Asuran Squad
Devona’s Rest

in Living World

Posted by: Ty King.3076

Ty King.3076

This is where it was put out: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/get-ready/

Reminds me of something I read once…

from “Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy”

“…You hadn’t exactly gone out of your way to call attention to them had you? I mean like actually telling anyone or anything.”
“But the plans were on display…”
“’On display’? I eventually had to go down to the cellar to find them.”
“That’s the display department.”
“With a torch.”
“Ah, well the lights had probably gone.”
“So had the stairs.”
“But look you found the notice didn’t you?”
“Yes,” said Arthur, “Yes I did. It was ‘on display’ in the bottom of a locked filing cabinet stuck in a disused lavatory with a sign on the door saying ‘Beware of the Leopard’.”
— Douglas Adams

in Living World

Posted by: Odnoc.1473

Odnoc.1473

If two months wasn’t enough warning, not sure what the point of bringing it back for one more week would be…
Then after that week, "can we get them for one more week, “insert excuse here” ect…

in Living World

Posted by: RedRaven.8205

RedRaven.8205

Seriously Toggling on a vender or making a catch all vender to rid the world of all “old” tokens from the past events stories is not only good sense BUT insanely easy. It is harder for people to type a moderate length response here then too add a vender for the devs.
And like said above, there is NO downside to having this “legacy” vender especially when having different living story tokens is not the smartest thing to do in the first place, having these living story tokens go “stale” is another, and not putting them in our “new” wallet is just another in the long WTF line of why is this even happening?
Also, the overly smug here have to realize GW2 is a non monthly $$ game and very casual. People do not feel obliged to play there $15 a month + just to feel even and that they are not wasting $ like most MMOs and casual players (or ones that have real lives), again gw2 is casual and people can and do freely play sporadically – this is a feature, also people in the summer tend to go on vacation, get buzzy, do not let a game dictate there life (you know stuff like that) etc . .
Additionally GW2 is all about accommodating allot of different play styles, types and likes. People like some things in these games and do not like others everyone is different! but BECOUSE A-net develops a wide variety of content people normally can find content they can do and like with no obligation to do things they can’t do or hate (Story dungeons vs the 3 dungeon paths, jumping puzzles, vistas, exploring, story quests, PVP, PVE, WvWvW, ascended weapons ie prestige or fx gear, professions, multiple ways to get dailies/monthlies, wide ways to get skins etc etc .
There are 100’s of ways to play the game and your personal way is NOT better then other peoples ways. (so get over it)
Hell they even added all of the season 1 living story items to the Loral vender?!?
This should be a non issue and disappointing that it is.

in Living World

Posted by: La Goanna.8142

La Goanna.8142

If worse comes to worse and you still want to purchase LS1 items, then you can now visit the laurel merchants to get them in exchange for 25 gold and a few laurels.

in Living World

Posted by: Reborn.2934

Reborn.2934

so, if a npc remains to the people that missed some trades it is a very very big problem !!!

seriously the tactic in this game to remove the npc when the event is end in one of the most anti – gamer i have seen so far ….

p.s. the season 2 end too , but thank god forgot to remove the npc for exchange the rewards …. i hope they remove it soon to bring new storm

in Living World

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

In the spirit of the gem store conspiracy theorists………lol…….

This is all a plot by Anet. They’ll put some teasers out there suggesting that a vendor will be happening soon to take care of festival tokens and such. But they’ll stretch it out to 2 or 3 months, thereby forcing some players to buy more bank space. It’s all a plot to make more money.

But, in all seriousness…..I think that having a vendor or 2 to take care of older life story and special event baubles/tokens/whatever is not a bad idea. Maybe add a small fee to access that vendor.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

(edited by Teon.5168)

in Living World

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

I know that we’ve had sevral weeks to hand in our festival tokens and for those who didn’t hand them in on time got to blame themselves. However, it is summer, a lot of people are on hollidays and abroad without being able to log into the game.
It would be most kind to put one mercant which we all can hand in the last pieces of our festival tokens that we still have in our bags. A couple of days would do.

Anenanet have done this sevral times before, by having the previous patch exclusive mercant aviable for a week just to make sure the players can still hand in their hard earned currency for the limited items. (e.g. SAB)

Please consider this. It would be most appreciated!

I was in WvW more than the event – I forgot about it and Anet has never sent “reminders” like they should by now.

We have lives Anet – we need reminders for short termed “going away” items.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in Living World

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

In the spirit of the gem store conspiracy theorists………lol…….

This is all a plot by Anet. They’ll put some teasers out there suggesting that a vendor will be happening soon to take care of festival tokens and such. But they’ll stretch it out to 2 or 3 months, thereby forcing some players to buy more bank space. It’s all a plot to make more money.

But, in all seriousness…..I think that having a vendor or 2 to take care of older life story and special event baubles/tokens/whatever is not a bad idea. Maybe add a small fee to access that vendor.

No! No “fee” for tokens you earned fairly…

I hate this cherry-picking – some vendors are available after events and others are not.

Anet needs to get their own rules straight. Make it one way or another but stop “choosing” which are available after the events – if ANY are, then all should be.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security