Broken Caladbolg and Truth

in Living World

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

I come here as a warning to those other heroes who are desperately trying to restore the damaged Caladbolg.

The sword is a piece of the Mother Tree, and it allows you to channel her power, but in exchange it must form a bond with you; it can even “enhance” your personality, giving you greater understanding of your purpose. (Like how it emboldened Trahearne, which eventually led to his death, and the delivery of countless sylvari to Mordremoth)

I think the reason the Pale tree can’t seem to recover is because she needs a new host from which to drain their energy and impart her gradual control.

I urge you heroes, bury the old blade, and let us finally close the door on the damage wrought by Mordremoth. Don’t let his creation (the pale tree) continue to deceive and use the other races for her own end. She is more like a spider than a butterfly, no matter how she may present herself.

Signed,
Guild Leader for the Warriors of Love and Peace.

in Living World

Posted by: UnbentMars.9126

UnbentMars.9126

It’s too late…you will become one of us

Rev, Ele, Burnzerker
“Beware he who would deny you access to information,
for in his heart he dreams himself your master.”

in Living World

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Resistance is futile.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

in Living World

Posted by: Sephas.8793

Sephas.8793

Resistance is futile.

Ugh, you said it before I could…

in Living World

Posted by: Rognik.2579

Rognik.2579

While we’re at it, why don’t we burn all the sylvari who are merely mordrem servants who have yet to go bad? Oh, wait, they seem to be better now that we’ve killed Mordremoth.

Other flaws in this statement:

• Was she really draining the life out of Trahearne? Would she have willingly killed one of her Firstborn just to rejuvenate herself? Also, it’s been over a year since her death and yet she continues to improve.
  • The Avatar is merely a projection, not a separate entity. The other races were uncomfortable that the Pale Tree didn’t have a face, so she created the Avatar to more easily speak with the other races. Possessing the Commander would mean killing the entire Grove. Unless you’re talking about killing the Commander by leeching its power, in which case, I’m pretty sure Necromancers can block that kind of drain.
  • What if my Commander never killed Mordremoth, hmm? Did the Pale Tree consider that in her plan?

Besides, it’s probably the easiest ascended weapon to get at the moment. I think the reward is worth whatever price you might be suggesting.

in Living World

Posted by: Narcemus.1348

Narcemus.1348

While we’re at it, why don’t we burn all the sylvari who are merely mordrem servants who have yet to go bad? Oh, wait, they seem to be better now that we’ve killed Mordremoth.

Other flaws in this statement:

• Was she really draining the life out of Trahearne? Would she have willingly killed one of her Firstborn just to rejuvenate herself? Also, it’s been over a year since her death and yet she continues to improve.
  • The Avatar is merely a projection, not a separate entity. The other races were uncomfortable that the Pale Tree didn’t have a face, so she created the Avatar to more easily speak with the other races. Possessing the Commander would mean killing the entire Grove. Unless you’re talking about killing the Commander by leeching its power, in which case, I’m pretty sure Necromancers can block that kind of drain.
  • What if my Commander never killed Mordremoth, hmm? Did the Pale Tree consider that in her plan?

Besides, it’s probably the easiest ascended weapon to get at the moment. I think the reward is worth whatever price you might be suggesting.

If your commander didn’t kill Mordremoth he couldn’t reforge Caladbolg…