Buy, buy and buy to play????

in Living World

Posted by: danserafim.7051

danserafim.7051

I bought the GW2 at the launch and I played for a few months. I stopped playing for two years and I returned after the release of the expansion. I bought the HOT expansion and I found that I have not the Living Season 2. Why? Just because I was not online at the time of the lauch of the Living Season 2? I bought the game, I bought the expansion and I have to buy the Living Season 2 with Gems to be able to complete all Central Tyria Mastery Points? This is absurd!

*Sorry my poor english

Holy Avenger Guild Member [Holy]
Well Played Team Guild Member [WP]
Odin Guild Member [Odin]

in Living World

Posted by: Theonord.6359

Theonord.6359

Actually no it’s not absurd. It’s to keep the players playing if only for once in a while. All you had to do was to log in every 2 weeks for 1 second. And you would unlock each episode for free, on your account. I think that’s quite fair for FREE content. It’s the same for LW season3 only it’s every 2-3 months.

in Living World

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

In effect, LS2 is a form of “loyalty reward”. It normally costs gems, but people who login 2x/month get it for free. Since gems can be purchased with in-game gold, it’s also free to anyone who plays long enough (and is willing to spend the coin).

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

in Living World

danserafim.7051

I don’t agree. If I bought the game and the expansion, I should have the whole game available to play and enjoy. I don’t agree that I have to get stuck with my few mastery points, just because I don’t logged every 2-3 months. Is this a buy to play or pay to win game?

Odin Guild Member [Odin]

in Living World

danserafim.7051

In effect, LS2 is a form of “loyalty reward”. It normally costs gems, but people who login 2x/month get it for free. Since gems can be purchased with in-game gold, it’s also free to anyone who plays long enough (and is willing to spend the coin).

Okay. I understand and accept. But I do not agree with this method.
Now I’m running to earn enough gold to not have to pay real money.

Odin Guild Member [Odin]

in Living World

Posted by: Theonord.6359

Theonord.6359

I don’t agree. If I bought the game and the expansion, I should have the whole game available to play and enjoy. I don’t agree that I have to get stuck with my few mastery points, just because I don’t logged every 2-3 months. Is this a buy to play or pay to win game?

Lol pay to win? maybe know the definition of pay to win, before bringing it into this discussion

in Living World

danserafim.7051

Lol pay to win? maybe know the definition of pay to win, before bringing it into this discussion

I know what it is. And that’s why I made that statement.
And again I will say… I understand, I accept, but I do not agree with this method.

Odin Guild Member [Odin]

in Living World

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Okay. I understand and accept. But I do not agree with this method.

Fair enough.

Now I’m running to earn enough gold to not have to pay real money.

There are a number of gold-earning guides on these forums and on the gw2 subreddit, not to mention tons of videos and text guides. Let me know if your google skills aren’t finding the ones you need.

FYI this month will probably be a bad time to convert gold to gems:

• There’s an anniversary sale going on — this always increases the rate (even though you’ll probably see salty comments about the offers).
  • WvW servers will be relinked this coming Friday. The last time they were relinked, the gold:gem rate spiked it was ~2 months before it dropped (although not to its pre-link rates).

Keep an eye out on the rates and look for when it drops a bit. My guess is that the best rate will be in late September/early October. It will spike again around Halloween.

in Living World

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

LS2 is a product that Anet sells. Buying one or even two (base game and expansion) of their other products does not entitle one to this product without paying its labeled price.

The labeled price is either gems or time. One can either spend gems (which can be gained through either real money or time) or spend the time logging into the game during an episode to unlock it for the account.

Complaining about this is not significantly different, in my opinion, than complaining that one bought GW Prophecies and didnt get GW2 for free.

in Living World

danserafim.7051

LS2 is a product that Anet sells. Buying one or even two (base game and expansion) of their other products does not entitle one to this product without paying its labeled price.

The labeled price is either gems or time. One can either spend gems (which can be gained through either real money or time) or spend the time logging into the game during an episode to unlock it for the account.

Complaining about this is not significantly different, in my opinion, than complaining that one bought GW Prophecies and didnt get GW2 for free.

hmmm… now I understand. Anyway… let’s play.

Odin Guild Member [Odin]

in Living World

Illconceived Was Na.9781

let’s play.

good idea

in Living World

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Just as a side note, if you don’t care about rewards at all and just care about story, anyone with the living story can take you through it for free. You won’t get anything from that but story, but it is an option.

in Living World

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Just as a side note, if you don’t care about rewards at all and just care about story, anyone with the living story can take you through it for free. You won’t get anything from that but story, but it is an option.

Solid point, especially for newer players who might want to get caught up on the story before looking into HoT or LS3.

in Living World

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

i find it funny that peoplewho logged in for a few month and then stopped playing , suddenly come out and rant about something he missed… i mean, why do you care about what you missed ? just play the content you have, you’ll be going in a few month anyway…

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in Living World

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

It’s the same as any other game. It’s called buy-to-play because you don’t need to pay a subscription, just buy the box. But that only gets you the content of the release you bought, not anything else that is released later.

Just like buying all 3 Guild Wars 1 campaigns and the expansion didn’t get me the Bonus Mission Pack, and buying Skyrim didn’t get me the DLC.

They chose to do a promotion where the ‘DLC’ was given away free for a short time, but they made it clear at the time that was only a temporary special offer.

(Maybe it would help if Anet used more conventional language when promoting these things, but I think they want to try and make it sound like something unique and different. Which in some ways it is, but it does make it confusing.)

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

in Living World

Posted by: Sarie.1630

Sarie.1630

It’s almost like ArenaNet is a business.

in Living World

danserafim.7051

The only problem I would mention is the fact that there is a large amount of mastery points linked to Living Season 2. What causes me great difficulty to develop my Central Tyria Mastery Points. Just this!!!

Odin Guild Member [Odin]

in Living World

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

The only problem I would mention is the fact that there is a large amount of mastery points linked to Living Season 2. What causes me great difficulty to develop my Central Tyria Mastery Points. Just this!!!

Then buy it and get those mastery points mate.

in Living World

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

Yeah, it’s a kitten idea. Don’t ask me why they did that.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

in Living World

Posted by: Zok.4956

Zok.4956

I don’t agree. If I bought the game and the expansion, I should have the whole game available to play and enjoy.

In my opinion: Yes, you should.

A-Net included the “base game” in HoT for free so that new players do not have to buy several “add-ons / parts” to have the full game.

That is why the decision, that the LS2 was not also included for free in HoT, does not make sense to me.

in Living World

Posted by: Torolan.5816

Torolan.5816

Just to maybe cheer you a little bit up, OP, the investment is well spent if you like to do stories over and over again and maybe not get the achievments because the boss hits you one time after a flawless fight from your side and you get zip for your effort.^^

Ls2 is easily in my top 3 of horrible things going on in Anet and makes the Zhaitan campaign look great in comparison.

in Living World

Posted by: nutri.1385

nutri.1385

I have a question here:

I bought GW 2 with the HoT expansion after the end of LS 1 and LS 2 (so they were already closed then). I’ve heard more or less what happened in them and I’m considering buying LS 2 for money (I think that, with all the hoursof fun I’ve had in the game, ANet deserves to be paid for their awesome game – I can spend my own money and enjoy more adventures with no problem).

My question is: are the previous LS worth buying? How long are they and are they interesting? Also, maybe some of you know – are there any players still going through LS 1 or 2/is it possible to complete them alone in case there’s no one going through them anymore (like Zaithan and Mordremoth are)?

Thanks in advance.

All things have a right to grow.

in Living World

Posted by: Timo.1065

Timo.1065

I have question as well. Please tell me what is full price for LS1?
All LS1 costs 200 gems or maybe each episode from LS1 costs 200 gems?
Looks like each, but if so it will be quite expensive, so close to HoT price during last discount time.

in Living World

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Living Story Season One is not available. It was a season of open world and instanced content that was offered only at the time.

Season Two is instanced for 1 to 5 players, so no need for others. Each episode is 200 Gems sold individually, or 20% off when sold in a bundle.

Good luck.

in Living World

Posted by: Koceto.6930

Koceto.6930

I have a question here:

I bought GW 2 with the HoT expansion after the end of LS 1 and LS 2 (so they were already closed then). I’ve heard more or less what happened in them and I’m considering buying LS 2 for money (I think that, with all the hoursof fun I’ve had in the game, ANet deserves to be paid for their awesome game – I can spend my own money and enjoy more adventures with no problem).

My question is: are the previous LS worth buying? How long are they and are they interesting? Also, maybe some of you know – are there any players still going through LS 1 or 2/is it possible to complete them alone in case there’s no one going through them anymore (like Zaithan and Mordremoth are)?

Thanks in advance.

It’s a matter of personal choice but I have bought LS 2 directly with a credit card (not gems) and I’ve spent so many hours enjoying it . There is the interesting story, achievements, gear etc. Imo it is definately worth It’s price.

(edited by Koceto.6930)