Calling it now; Point of No Return

in Living World

Posted by: Xter.6271

Xter.6271

Caithe’s secret is she knew about Modremoth all along.

They encountered The Shadow of the Dragon behind the sealed door.

Why hasn’t it attacked or been seen till the attack on the pale tree? It was sealed away and with Modremoth now awake, it can get out.

TLDR; play as Caithe; fight SotD;

Tinfoil suit is now fully engaged!

in Living World

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

Caithe’s secret is that she murdered a bunch of innocent, peaceful centaurs.

in Living World

Posted by: Xter.6271

Xter.6271

Caithe’s secret is that she murdered a bunch of innocent, peaceful centaurs.

Nope because Scarlet stated that Caithe’s secret was something even Faolin didn’t know in the Twilight Arbor path. Kinda hard for Faolin to not know when she was there?

In the trailer Wynn an Caithe are seen presumably alone in a vast cave with Wynn terrified and clutching onto Caithe. Next it shows the Shadow of the Dragon emerging and giving off a roar as if it just found an intruder. Faolin is no where to be seen in the trailer in there so assuming only Caithe went in after Wynn, that now qualifies as something Faolin wouldn’t know. Plus Wynn would not share with Faolin what she knew about the Slyvari and why she was at the centaur camp (a centaur camp that is located right outside of Modremoth’s influence and far from where Ventari placed his tablet).

Now Scarlet was obviously connected to Modremoth to begin with, from her insane ramblings, toxic husks, image of a dragon of her secret hideouts roof, to her leyline study for awakening Modremoth. So would it be surprising that Scarlet being so wrapped up with Modremoth would know that Caithe’s secret is knowing about Modremoth before anyone else? I think the Trailer just released presents a valid reasoning for my conclusion with past events in the living world.

in Living World

Posted by: Arahzor.1832

Arahzor.1832

Caithe is Morgan Freeman, thats the secret. No one saw this coming.

Arahor Aure [DVDF]

in Living World

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

Something to do with Glint’s egg.

in Living World

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Caithe is glint reincarnation.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in Living World

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

I don’t think knowing about something and not sharing it with other people would qualify as doing something nasty. In fact I don’t think it qualifies as doing anything at all.

But I know better. I know you. How nasty you fight, how you think…what you did. And what you did is soooo nasty.

Maybe she found the cave where the original seed for the Pale Tree came from and destroyed all the remaining seeds because they could eventually become dragon minions or champions. Murdering the equivalent of all your aunts and uncles might qualify as doing something nasty.

in Living World

Posted by: timmyf.1490

timmyf.1490

Caithe leaves Wynne for dragon food to save her own butt.

Karaoke – Guild Leader – [MEGA] Super Mega Happy Fun Time
www.getunicorned.com / northernshiverpeaks.org

in Living World

Posted by: videoboy.4162

videoboy.4162

I was thinking that that cave is where the Pale Tree seeds are/were located.

in Living World

Posted by: Slowpokeking.8720

Slowpokeking.8720

Is it Shadow of the Dragon or Mordremoth itself?

in Living World

Khisanth.2948

Is it Shadow of the Dragon or Mordremoth itself?

The timelines wouldn’t make much sense for Mordremoth. The end of season 1 cutscene seemed like it was implying that the Breachmaker hitting the leyline was what woke Mordremoth.

in Living World

Posted by: Winespring Brother.2970

Winespring Brother.2970

Interesting theory, considering that Caithe fought alongside Glint in the novel Edge of Destiny, against Kralkatorrik.

Yak’s Bend
Charr Ranger of the Iron Legion

in Living World

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

I believe that cave is where Ronan (http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Ronan) found the seed that gave birth to the Pale Tree with Ventari’s care. Inside we will find more Mordrem Seeds and the deep secret of the Sylvari, that they were actually going to be Mordremoths minions but thanks to Ventari’s teaching they were freed from the Dragon’s influence.

Caithe knew all along that the Sylvari were Mordremoth’s minions

Maybe after killing the rest of the Seeds, now she wants to get rid of Glint’s Egg for the same reasons? So it won’t give birth to a minion of Kralk’s?

(edited by maddoctor.2738)

in Living World

Posted by: Gobble D Goop.4081

Gobble D Goop.4081

Caithe probably just slaughters Wynne. Thats the secret. The details are probably in this chapter of the story

Habitual Warrior-Ranger
Gates Of Madness
Jewelcrafting to 500!

in Living World

Khisanth.2948

Caithe probably just slaughters Wynne. Thats the secret. The details are probably in this chapter of the story

Could be but it seems like Faolain would know about that. Two of them go in, one comes out and the other is never heard from again.

in Living World

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Interesting theory, considering that Caithe fought alongside Glint in the novel Edge of Destiny, against Kralkatorrik.

Well there’s no reason souls need to follow a strictly linear time-line when it comes to reincarnating.

Could be. Personally I’d prefer to find that other Pale Tree though.

in Living World

Posted by: Zalman.8719

Zalman.8719

Anyone wondered about what if the 2nd pale tree is Mordremoth itself? I mean it sounds crazy and most likely not true, but still would be cool, an Urgoz(any GW1 vets here?) like dragon creature, or Mordremoth “fused” with the tree and stuff… Would be a great plot twist. maddoctor’s speculation is cool too.

in Living World

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Faolin is actually Mordremoth’s avatar. Yup.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

in Living World

Posted by: CalamityO.2890

CalamityO.2890

Caithe or Wynn were chosen to be the vessel for the pale tree.

inthecubbyhole.wordpress.com

in Living World

Posted by: videoboy.4162

videoboy.4162

Well there’s no reason souls need to follow a strictly linear time-line when it comes to reincarnating.

Could be. Personally I’d prefer to find that other Pale Tree though.

We have to go to Magus Falls for the other Pale Tree.

in Living World

Posted by: Vukorep.3081

Vukorep.3081

Point of no return. The wild guess game.

here goes! -takes a deep breath-

The player is busy playing with mysteries and caithe and glynths egg and whatever,meanwhile those same events separate the destiny’s edge 2.0 and The pact pushes them slefs ahead of time into the final confrotation against modremoth.
While some heroes are busy fighting Shadow of the dragon,the pack is getting rekt by modremoth.

Soon modremoth will prevail, the entire tyria gets tangled up in vines and everything dies.

Tyria is no more

Whats left of the “world” flees over seas into cantha as they crossed the point of no return DUN DUN DUUUUUN.

In short: We fail, Modremoth wins, Tyria gets destroyed, we go to cantha or whatever

in Living World

Posted by: Thund.2795

Thund.2795

I know what will happen…

We perform a ritual in the durmand priory with a ghost and a ray of light appears in the sky near divinity’s reach. We and the heroes take the pact ships and across the light but that light will teleport us to an alternative reality, same aspect of tyria but it seems we travel to the past too, before scarlet, and there is a big hole again in divinity’s reach… Uhm.. XD

in Living World

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Someone will kill Wynne, that’s for sure. I mean we already have her locket. Could be Caithe, could be Faolain (and the latter would also mark the moment when Caithe finally realizes what a psycho her lover is and dumps her), could be the Shadow of the Dragon.

One – Piken Square

in Living World

Posted by: Urosh Uchiha.9732

Urosh Uchiha.9732

Well Wynne knows something that can ‘control all the sylvari’. Faolain claims so at least. Or claimed since we are dealing with the past. Maybe they will find out what it is in the cave.

in Living World

Tom Gore.4035

Well Wynne knows something that can ‘control all the sylvari’. Faolain claims so at least. Or claimed since we are dealing with the past. Maybe they will find out what it is in the cave.

Origins of the nightmare I’m sure and that’s why Faolain will fall for it.

One – Piken Square

in Living World

Urosh Uchiha.9732

Origins of the nightmare? No sense for that to happen yet. Timeline doesn’t fit.
Cadeyrn is the one who made the Nightmare Court. But he just woke up so yeah…

It could only work if he just made the group, and was later approached by Faolain who learned about the Nightmare in the cave and told him what to do etc etc and then became the dutchess.

in Living World

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

Maybe it’s a typo and it was supposed to be ‘Pint of No Return’…

I like the idea that it’s the seed cave and sylvari were meant to be minions. Unfortunately, that means it’s probably something else. Heh.

The table is a fable.

in Living World

Rauderi.8706

Maybe it’s a typo and it was supposed to be ‘Pint of No Return’…

Norn Living Story prominence confirmed! About time they got to be interesting.

Many alts; handle it!
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

in Living World

Posted by: Stormy Dragon.9210

Stormy Dragon.9210

Caithe and Glint have met each other.

in Living World

Rauderi.8706

“Met” each other. bow-chicka.

…wait, if that’s a thing…

zomg, Caithe took the egg because it’s her baby!

Many alts; handle it!

in Living World

Posted by: Baolun.8316

Baolun.8316

Maybe she found the cave where the original seed for the Pale Tree came from and destroyed all the remaining seeds because they could eventually become dragon minions or champions.

I like this idea – and upon reviewing the wiki entries for the Sylvari personal story where you meet Malyck, I see that Caithe’s lines when she realizes he’s from another tree still work with the backstory of her having thought she’d destroyed all the other seeds.

Even better if Wynne objects to the seed destruction and either dies by accident/monster or is murdered by Caithe.

in Living World

Tom Gore.4035

“Met” each other. bow-chicka.

…wait, if that’s a thing…

zomg, Caithe took the egg because it’s her baby!

I really don’t wanna know how that works.

One – Piken Square

in Living World

Urosh Uchiha.9732

Caithe took the egg for a good reason I’m sure of it.
She knows something we don’t at this moment, she had no time to explain (like she said), cause something needed to be done urgently. And taking the time to explain to us would take too long and she’d waste valuable time, and we’d probably only slow her down. That sounds like the Caithe I know.

in Living World

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Wait Caith met Glint or the suposed baby glint(grownup version) from the EOTN mission?
And what is the possible turn that a baby forest dragon can be the next pale tree? wonde rif this egg belong to mordy or what is the plant dragon name :P and now the dragon is on a rampage, and that might be the point of no return they messed up things more than they would want to.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in Living World

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

Good call, I’m on board.

in Living World

Posted by: Cherokeewill.7504

Cherokeewill.7504

“No time to explain” my kitten!

We’ve been led on a chase with clues going back over a decade. Nothing that has been on hold that long can be so pressing as to not warrant the 15 minutes (1 minute cut scene) it would take to bring us up to speed.

And that still doesn’t “explain” why Caithe just stood there during that boss fight waiting for us to die so she wouldn’t even have to say, “No time to explain.” The only reason she said anything was because we survived.

Faolain and Caithe chased Wynne into this cave. The Centaur were holding the Shadow prisoner in this cavern and with the slaughter of the entire tribe it wakes up. Faolain panics and runs. CAithe and Wynne battle it together but Wynne choses to stay behind and use her life essence to keep the Shadow at bay. With the attack on the Pale Tree, Caithe realizes that Wynne is fading and she intends to sacrifice the egg to save Wynne or destroy the Shadow.

What Faolain doesn’t know is that Caithe did not kill Wynne/Wynne did not die whilst fighting the Shadow.

in Living World

Posted by: myself.2143

myself.2143

Hmm, idk but I’ll give it try.

While playing through the personal story and getting a whiff of the game world’s lore, I came under the impression that the Pale Tree started spawning Sylvari specifically to fight against Zhaitan, (maybe that’s just coincidence, but dang it is quite a convenient one!) as Sylvari are completely immune to the Dragons’ undead corruption. To reinforce this idea, the firstborn Trahearne’s Wyld Hunt was the study of Orr, the resurfaced city of the dead under Zhaitan’s control, and to gain immense knowledge to use against the dragon, and purify the land (which pretty much everyone agreed was an impossible task). Then later on, 25 years later to be exact, you (we the players, if you happen to choose Sylvari) are born with the Wyld Hunt to fight and destroy Zhaitan. And as we find out, Trahearne and you play extremely important part and eventually Zhaitan is defeated, a shocking but marvelous victory which let’s all of Tyria know that the Dragons can be defeated.

So this leaves the a theory about Mordremoth: if he can control plant life and corrupt it and/or make it sentient, is it not possible that he has adapted after Zhaitan’s defeat and if there is a secondary Pale Tree, it hasn’t fallen under the control of Mordremoth in an effort to counter the Sylvari? Furthermore, this could also be where the phenomenon of “The Nightmare” (the anti-thesis of The Dream) could gain the opportunity to grow and blossom?

Which in turn could support where Malyck comes from, leaving the second pale tree, or even being a creation of Mordremoth himself, and why the Nightmare Court was so interested in him and Caithe’s reaction to his pod during the personal story quest. (I also feel that “The Nightmare” is a product of Mordremoth’s influence and corruption toward plant life and the resulting effect it has when applied to Sylvari)

However, these are just theories and conjecture from my perspective.

in Living World

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

caithe secret is that she killed wynne or that Wynne is caithe.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

in Living World

Urosh Uchiha.9732

This most likely isn’t the case but I just like the idea. The part with Wynne is Caithe. She took her identity after killing her in the cave. Would be such a good plot twister. But I don’t see how she could pull it off. It would be very difficult to explain some things in the books, how she keeps it a secret from the Pale Tree etc etc. Would be a good explanation as to why Caithe doesn’t love Faolian anymore.

in Living World

Tom Gore.4035

This most likely isn’t the case but I just like the idea. The part with Wynne is Caithe. She took her identity after killing her in the cave. Would be such a good plot twister. But I don’t see how she could pull it off. It would be very difficult to explain some things in the books, how she keeps it a secret from the Pale Tree etc etc. Would be a good explanation as to why Caithe doesn’t love Faolian anymore.

Except she still does, which is quite evident in the storymode of TA.

One – Piken Square

in Living World

Urosh Uchiha.9732

Except she still does, which is quite evident in the storymode of TA.

Yeah I think I remember that. Haven’t done story mode for that since well… release. So I hardly remember what happened there.