Can I marry with Zojja? *spoilers?*

in Living World

Posted by: MauricioCezar.2673

MauricioCezar.2673

Hi.

This might seens strange and too nerd, but ever since I knew about gw2 I loved asuras a lot. My main is a asura ever since… hmm. Ever.

I’ve named him acordingly to the asura cultural names, I’ve set up his personality as a genious asura, And I really only feel like being myself on game when I play with him.

Now, on this last chapter on the scene after the assault on pact camp, I ain’t sure if all races get that little dialogue about zojja worries with pc, But I found it so nice , My PC would surely Fall in love.

Can I? I mean, likely live a romance into his personal history? =P . THis game is already almost a living movie, why not add PC romance too?

in Living World

Posted by: xXMapcoXx.9614

xXMapcoXx.9614

No, now that I have answered your question never ask this again!

in Living World

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

There are a lot of reasons not to have romance with well-known NPC’s in an MMO. It’s rather a RP faux pas, actually. One big concern is how it conflicts with others who also are “romancing” that NPC. “She’s my wife! No, she’s mine!” Another is that many RPers consider it to be very much “I’m a special snowflake, I’m connected to the Big Names.” It gets into Mary Sue territory.

There’s more, but the above is most likely what lies behind xXMapcoXx’s reply.

in Living World

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

Zojja worries for all player characters that did the story, but I think Asuras get a little bit extra in it.

You can always write a fanfic if you so desire.

in Living World

Posted by: Lazaar.9123

Lazaar.9123

I don’t think marriage actually is a thing for Asura. They have relationships and children with others of their race, of course, but they don’t really seem to see the need for a marriage tradition.

in Living World

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Actually, in the PS you meet a SPOILERS AHEAD SKIP THIS POST IF YOU CARE demolitionist asura who gets blown up and you must go tell his widow about it.

So unless that’s a writer’s gaff, Asura will marry.

in Living World

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

The Wiki answer is:

“Asura have a strong sense of family and extended family, they affectionately refer to their children as “progeny” or “offspring”. They also venerate their parents, and grandparents.2 Asura traditionally cremate their dead. Asura tend to practice serial monogamy, in that they have a serious romantic relationship with only one other asura at a time. Most of these relationships are equal partnerships which often (but not always) have a firm, pre-determined end date. Most often, such relationships come out of two asura who fall in love with the same beautiful concept. These marriages of the mind produce rapid development of ideas, increased conceptual paradigms, and/or children. Relationships that break up tend to feature more fights about who gets the inventions than who gets the kids.3"

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Asura

in Living World

Posted by: CalamityO.2890

CalamityO.2890

‘I hear by…’ No can’t do it.

/144 chars

inthecubbyhole.wordpress.com

in Living World

Lazaar.9123

Actually, in the PS you meet a SPOILERS AHEAD SKIP THIS POST IF YOU CARE demolitionist asura who gets blown up and you must go tell his widow about it.

So unless that’s a writer’s gaff, Asura will marry.

Widow doesn’t necessarily mean that they were traditionally married. They could have just been life-long partners, which is the same level of commitment but without the documents.

Edit: Also that part has actually been completely cut out of the personal story.

(edited by Lazaar.9123)

in Living World

Posted by: Ceridwen.6703

Ceridwen.6703

There are a lot of reasons not to have romance with well-known NPC’s in an MMO. It’s rather a RP faux pas, actually. One big concern is how it conflicts with others who also are “romancing” that NPC. “She’s my wife! No, she’s mine!”

“Hello Dave… You’re my wife now!”

“Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Steve R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn.”

in Living World

Posted by: MauricioCezar.2673

MauricioCezar.2673

Breaks my cog-hearth . Still, Anet is the first company that is trying some quite different things (Such put the sylvaris as a bullied race), but still… about the “Other players” conflicts on each another, that isn’t quite true. Who killed scarlet? I can say for sure. It was me. But you would say it was you.

Who was the tybalt best friend? I for sure will say that no one else other than me liked more that guy, but as well we have whole dedicated guilds for tybalt lovers. I don’t see how it would be so different into a “Romance” case with PC. Because it is a “Personal” story after all, if anyone feel like that their PC is unique, then it is just a player own syndrome.

:D

in Living World

Lazaar.9123

You mean i’m not the only commander of the pact?!

in Living World

Posted by: Gabby.3205

Gabby.3205

I surely would like to have a bigger degree of interaction with the main characters, especially with our new group of friends. Not romance, necessarily, but still. Being able to chose how you treat them and having them respond accordingly on the long run (thinking of Dragon Age here) would be nice. And probably impossible.

Tarnished Coast
Astrid Strongheart, Norn Ranger.
“I wish juvenile wolves were bigger”

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Zojja told my Asura Ele that he was a “special cog in her life”. D’awwww…

Basically, feel free to assume whatever relationship you want in your own personal head-canon or fanfiction. Just don’t expect it to be reflected in the open world.