Can better the scaling on mine event?

in Living World

Posted by: MauricioCezar.2673

MauricioCezar.2673

I’ve noticed that the event on sandstorm ( explosives for open up Cave in Debris ) is finished with only 2 bombs placed there.

So, some ppl just park at there and portal qith a mesmer to intantly complete the event. Even for a solo run, would be nice have at least 5-6 explosive barrels to complete, and then scale up qith players getting near the area.

I like the event, but most of times can’t even get it cause it is being instantly made by a mesmer or any other player running 2 quick barrels.

in Living World

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I’ve never seen it go under 3 bombs even solo, but maybe there just happen to always be people around the corner when I do it or something. I’ve also never seen a Mesmer portal the event, but I wouldn’t at all be surprised if they did, so I’m not questioning that.

There’s a fine line between making it so that people can get credit and making it so that its so tedious that no one even bothers. You’re saying 5-6 barrels required per person, that definitely seems to be more towards the “too tedious” side to me.

Perhaps what they could do is make it so that as long as you pick up a barrel you at least get Bronze credit towards the event, so that as long as you’re there and attempting you at least get the geode reward. Could make some people run up, grab a barrel, drop it and leave immediately, but considering you’d still need the event to actually complete at some point someone would have to do it or no one would get anything, and one batch of “free” rewards would hardly be the end of the world.

in Living World

Posted by: MauricioCezar.2673

MauricioCezar.2673

yes, I agree that 6 barrel per ppl is a bit too much, what i tried to say tbh, is that the scale don’t seens to work just fine. I think that it should have likely 6 barrels as a minimum ammount to complete, and then, as long more ppl show around, increase maybe 1 barrel for each 2-3 ppl that show around.

(Also, I did complete the event with a pair, 1 barrel for each of us, and the event was done, even while more ppl was getting close to the barrels/mine.)

in Living World

Posted by: Jenstone.6891

Jenstone.6891

I actually got stuck in side the mine during one of these episodes, I did two barrels and the guys on the outside did several. I could see the explosions. Maybe it has to do with placement… but have never only done it with 2…

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

If you’re completely solo, it takes 3 explosions to clear the mine. (I know from experience.) The first two explosions take it down to 10% health. I’m not sure how much it scales up, as there’s usually only a handful of people there at most. Usually I just drop one Barrel and then hotfoot it over to Haze/Dust Mite if I’m farming for Geodes.

in Living World

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

If you’re completely solo, it takes 3 explosions to clear the mine. (I know from experience.) The first two explosions take it down to 10% health. I’m not sure how much it scales up, as there’s usually only a handful of people there at most. Usually I just drop one Barrel and then hotfoot it over to Haze/Dust Mite if I’m farming for Geodes.

That’s what I always do as well. And its the best way to do it really, since dropping just one bomb at the collapse always gets you Gold participation (at least I’ve never gotten anything but gold even if I only do one) so there’s really no reason to do more than that unless you’re worried no one else will come by and finish it.

Lets more people participate too.