Can we have more "hardcore" pve zones?

in Living World

Posted by: DavyMcB.1603

DavyMcB.1603

Personally, I like it more when challenging contents are accessible on the go. It gives much better sense of the world and adventure as part of the game not separated feelings like instances.

Im not talking about harder pve maps in general, but like some very specific areas in normal maps that have higher difficulty on purpose, sort of like lairs in The Secret World. Its the kind of contents that you can attempt to overcome alone, wait for random passerby or the whole zergs, etc, making it much more lively and dynamic.

Fallen watchtower in lake doric is nice and I wish we could see more of this expanding in future contents. Maybe these hardcore zones will have their own better rewards, back story, etc.

Same thing also applies to “mini dungeons”. I wish we could see more of those. Some uncharted and detailed ruins with a lot to explore as part of the actual world of the game with particularly tougher environment.

in Living World

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

The white mantle style mobs in general are what I want to see more of. Something that actually fights back.

in Living World

Posted by: Lite Ning Strike.5203

Lite Ning Strike.5203

I just wish they would slow down the re-spawn rate. I hate taking something out and I work into an area only to have them re-spawn behind me shortly after I kill them off. Would be nice to go into the Centar camp and actually pick stuff off and try to work the area solo without killing 1 re-spawning 2 going on…..

That would increase the fun factor then let them re-spawn after the camp is cleared. Just my thought!!

The First and Only Blaq Sheep

in Living World

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

I just wish they would slow down the re-spawn rate. I hate taking something out and I work into an area only to have them re-spawn behind me shortly after I kill them off. Would be nice to go into the Centar camp and actually pick stuff off and try to work the area solo without killing 1 re-spawning 2 going on…..

That would increase the fun factor then let them re-spawn after the camp is cleared. Just my thought!!

Wouldn’t that defeat the intended purpose of the farm?

in Living World

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

I’ll step in real fast with some history

At release, Orr was pretty hardcore with dense mob populations
It was nerfed by decreasing the mob pop because players hated it.

Then came the karma invasion, which people would get owned quickly if they didn’t know how to dodge
I believe this too was nerfed because of player feedback.

Jump ahead to Hot beta, the mobs were A LOT stronger than what they are today. Going in as zerk against three normal mobs could’ve been seen as suicidal.
This was nerfed the next beta test week unexpectedly, which annoyed the beta testers, but let’s face it. Looking at the current record, they would’ve been nerfed anyway post release

in Living World

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

You forgot to mention that HoT maps were nerfed again after the herds left.

So-called “hardcore” pve maps haven’t been successful for ANET.

Mesmerising Girl

in Living World

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

Also pre-nerf Orr was tedious more than it was actually difficult.

in Living World

Posted by: LouWolfskin.3492

LouWolfskin.3492

I’d actually say with a reworked core game that actually teaches mechanics till 80, at least, harder maps could be possible.
It’s not as if HoT had been unbeatable in any state and the only reason we still get threads that complain about it’s difficulty, in my opinion, is that the core game is a bad teacher.
Then again, in the recent AMA the devs stated that reworks are not something they don’t like to do, which i honestly think is a terrible thing to say, with each new Expansion and new LS area the foundation that is the core game will start to crumble more….
But i guess that is not my problem.

in Living World

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

They just need to be careful with certain things. For example, if every mob and their grandmother has access to blocks, it will be tedious more than challenging, since your unblockable skills only lasts so long and will be on cooldown.

Same thing with mobs spamming immobilize, stuns or things like that – your condi clear/stunbreakers will be on cd.

They for sure can make harder content, just as long as they think things through. There’s a fine balance between hard and tedious – I for sure wouldn’t want an area where every single trash mob would be like fighting a veteran class mob that takes ages to burn down (unless you’re in a zerg).

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

in Living World

Posted by: Vitali.5039

Vitali.5039

Champion pocket raptor incoming.

in Living World

Posted by: Lite Ning Strike.5203

Lite Ning Strike.5203

Wouldn’t that defeat the intended purpose of the farm?

Sorry on delayed response, I was referring to the general PvE area. When traveling the map it doesn’t have me kill something only to have it or another respawn seconds afterwards behind me.

I would rather look around and see X number and to be able to plot my attack. I’m not saying 0 respawn just add a little to the timer so they aren’t almost instant.

The First and Only Blaq Sheep

(edited by Lite Ning Strike.5203)

in Living World

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

Not sure how i feel about this,
i want it dont get me wrong but im sure anet doesnt want to have another HOT feedback
on mobs and overall difficulty .

in Living World

Posted by: Rhinala.1739

Rhinala.1739

The idea here is to make harder predefined areas in the zone, areas that the are clearly visible in the map (i guess that those areas should be instanced to prevent zergs), you can see it as an open world mini raid, enemies from this area will not bleed to the normal map, The loot in GW2 is a joke and there is no reason to do hard content that gives the player green trash items.

(edited by Rhinala.1739)