Carapace Coat Box: Feedback & Suggestions [merged]

in Living World

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I wish there was a way to trade in boxes for armor you already have the full set of or don’t want for boxes of armor sets that you do want. For example, I went and bought my last carapace glove to complete the collection and the next bandit chest gave me a carapace glove box. I feel like I just wasted 1000 bandit crests. ;(

People would farm the episode that provided armor boxes the fastest.

in Living World

Posted by: Horus Nightlight.1276

Horus Nightlight.1276

Would like to share a suggestion heard from a fellow guildie that some but not all things, have a “limited RNG” whereby after after the x attempt at trying to obtain the item, you are guranteed to get one?

In this case, the Carapace Coat Box (CCB) may be dropped after every 30th successful Vinewrath event. Alternatively, if a person gets a CCB before the 30th successful event, his/her counter is reset to 0 and has to work up to another 30 successful events before being guranteed a CCB.

in Living World

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Got one box after 18 kills. This time i did play better than normally. I was in group that killed last champ and i spammed heart seekker like some real sPvP player. Maybe top dps dude get box.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in Living World

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

I wish there was a way to trade in boxes for armor you already have the full set of or don’t want for boxes of armor sets that you do want. For example, I went and bought my last carapace glove to complete the collection and the next bandit chest gave me a carapace glove box. I feel like I just wasted 1000 bandit crests. ;(

Which way would be the fastest?

At some point, you’re going to get all the pieces anyway, might as well make it as pleasant an experience as possible without outright handing them out for free.

in Living World

Ayrilana.1396

Which way would be the fastest?

At some point, you’re going to get all the pieces anyway, might as well make it as pleasant an experience as possible without outright handing them out for free.

The same could be said for everything in this game. Eventually everyone will be able to get one legendary so why not make the first one easy for everyone to get.

in Living World

DaShi.1368

I never said easy….

in Living World

Ayrilana.1396

I never said easy….

A lot of people equate pleasant as easy.

in Living World

DaShi.1368

Ok, but that has nothing to do with what I said.

in Living World

Posted by: Morte.5916

Morte.5916

You know, I used to enjoy the Silverwastes.

The combat was fun. When I realised how well soft CC shuts down the Teragriffs and Thrashers, it gave my dagger necro a new lease of life. I made a sinister condi warrior with the new gear, and slew many husks with him. My squishy ele dances a lightning dance under Teragriff feet, killing them a second before they connect. I use Ranger longbow 4 for stopping mordrem as they charge downed players, even though most players seem to think it’s for rescuing mordrem from my AoE.

I got into the WvW-lite mechanics at the forts. I’m a wizard with an arrowcart now, I run a perfect rotation in a 270 degree arc. I’m the one who knows when to light the airstrike beacon. If I had a tag, I’d be a commander at pre-breach SW any time.

The new Vinewraith event is very good, perhaps the best open world event I’ve played in GW2.

But this RNG is destroying my soul. I feel a pang of disappointment when I hear the word “breach”. I’ve started to get taxis to 25% maps when the breach happens.

If Anet should happen to announce an expansion next week, I’ll be waiting for the reviews before I buy it. I’m really not sure about sticking with this game. Two months ago, I was wondering if there’d be pre-order goodies.

(edited by Morte.5916)

in Living World

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

I got both of my box in 25 runs.

The thing which bothers me the most if there are no people in the map, it is just not worth doing, because the map only rewards you if there are other people around.

And I’m not sure a few weeks or month from now, the map will still have people.

in Living World

Horus Nightlight.1276

Congratulations to laokoko and I hope to be just as lucky as you are. On my 20th run and still only on the 1st guranteed box which means 2 to go.

in Living World

Posted by: Elrey.5472

Elrey.5472

Event done 8 times, I got 7 coats.

I’d say the RNG is not that punishing as other times with this. However is incredible discouraging with the eyeballs and the kidneys. Your complaint should be against that ones.

ES Wiki Sysop. Vanquiser of the Marionette, Lover of the Aetherpath.
Aens / Ellantriel / Nao To Mori / Saelyth. Commander
Guias de Raids en español / Spanish raiding guides

in Living World

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

The drops are random. The game is functioning just fine, as proved by those who have gotten a box, or more than one box.

If there were an issue with the game, the right place to post would be the Bugs Sub-Forum. But because nothing is broken, there’s no need to post there, and there’s certainly no need to continue to post the same complaint in multiple threads.

Closing thread.

No offense, but you guys also said Final Rest was fine.

in Living World

Horus Nightlight.1276

True… except for the fact that 2 weeks from now you will have organ specific extractors which gurantees you the eyes and kidneys you need based on previous LS experience.

All vendor sold carapace boxes were released at the time of the LS and not after. Hence, the worry of RNG being the only way of obtaining carapace coat box. If ANet were to officially make a statement saying that the carapace coat box would be available by vendor 2 weeks later, all this hoo-hah over it would have been avoided.

in Living World

Posted by: SRG.3607

SRG.3607

The drop of those carapaces boxes are totally broken – or rather totally unfair.

Why and how some players may have very easily those boxes whereas other players will have real difficulties (due to “bad luck”) to grab them ?

Why some players will only have to spend 1 or 2 hours to have those boxes whereas other players (including me) will be have spend 10, 20, 100 or maybe even more real hours (real life hours) to achieve the exact same goal ingame ?

How is this fair ?

in Living World

Posted by: Vagrant.7206

Vagrant.7206

Drop rates on the carapace boxes are bad. I’ve done about 7 runs and haven’t gotten a single other box, while other players end up with excess numbers of boxes.

This is why I hate RNG. In Fractals and in this new LS, RNG punishes players for no discernible reason.

The great god Lagki demands sacrifice.

in Living World

Posted by: Satenia.9025

Satenia.9025

Prior to this recent patch, I used to love the Silverwastes map. It used to be a place of steady progress with a touch of working together for a map-wide goal. It didn’t matter so much if you succeeded in killing all 5 underground bosses or not, the rewards you got from both the events (token system) as well as the breach (RNG, but with extra extractors for older content) made it worth your while.

This all changed for me with the addition of the vinewrath encounter and placing the chestpiece-boxes into a RNG-chest. As it is now, I simply detest the map and have no desire to return there anytime soon. I will try to explain why that is so:

Assuming that you play the map from the very start to the very end, you can easily spend about an hour now. Considering I used to be a frequent visitor, I have plenty of tokens as well as all the champ parts. So the only thing that is left to me is getting 2 additional chest-piece boxes out of the vinewrath RNG-chest to be able to obtain the final luminescent armor piece. Having nothing else left on the map, this encourages:
1. map-hopping through the lfg-system
2. afk-ing till the final event

Neither of this is what I feel the game should encourage. Should the final event fail, I lost up to an hour I could have spent elsewhere.

Furthermore, we’re talking about open-world content, this means I’m sharing the map with a large amount of other players I have no direct control over. Praying that the megaserver algorithm isn’t putting me into a map with incompetents is not exactly what I feel the game should encourage either. Sorry to say, but if you want raid-like encounters, stop putting them into open-world maps where we have little to no control over who is present.

That said, let’s look at the actual problem: The previous 5 armor pieces are obtainable through the token-system – why not the chest piece as well? Is this recent LS update really this small that you have to keep us playing the map through such a blunt RNG-mechanism?

I lost count in the end, but I think it took me about 18 vinewrath chests or so to get the two additional armor pieces. Some may argue this is not much and it took them far more, sorry for you guys, to me personally, this is far too much. I did not pick this MMO over others to deal with RNG-garbage like this.

You had an awesome system for 5 out of 6 armor pieces. Why screw up so badly on the last?

in Living World

Posted by: Nick.7259

Nick.7259

11 kills and no coat box so far (apart from the achievement one of course). It feels like I have been given a No_Luck flag by Anet. (Even though I know people have done far more than 11 kills without any boxes – hope I will get two in the next two rounds.)

I really don’t like these “hit-or-miss” things (similar to the pre-cursor drop rates… 4 297 game hours and still not a single pre-cursor as drop, just from Forge, and even so almost a year ago since last and putting every rare/exotic weapon I get into the forge).

IF there is a goal from Anets side like “we want an average of 2k game hours for a precursor or average 20 vine-kills for a coat box” it would be much more appealing, imho, to have tokens or small parts that we collect for it instead of these big either hit or miss.

I have friends who got their three coats in just a few kills – so if I take a 100 kills to get mine the average is at goal – so Everything is fine? I have friends putting 4 rare swords into the forge getting the pre-cursor at second try while other put several thousands in without getting nothing, but the average is good so Everything is fine?

Sure, that’s how random work but to me, that is not fun, nor good design (well, the lucky people have fun at least….)

in Living World

Posted by: Mazreal Blackknight.1564

Mazreal Blackknight.1564

Day 4 evening ( I posted earlier today) of my farm for more coat boxes…. so far 0 drops. I’m closing in on my 43 vinewrath fight in the 4 days…. this is sad just sad.

in Living World

Posted by: Becka Williams.4978

Becka Williams.4978

Here, you want a suggestion: Make it so you can buy a coat box for 10k crests. YES, that’s a lot, and 10 times more than the other boxes, but this incentives people to do the boss, while at the same time, giving them a path to get the box, without totally having to rely on rng.

in Living World

Posted by: SSGroguey.5841

SSGroguey.5841

I already have my boxes, but I do hope the coat gets added to the vendor at a later date, along with an eye and kidney extractor (or are the extractors there?). That way those who are unlucky can use their badges to buy the rest of it.

I’d like to see an exchange system for boxes we already have. I’ve gotten a few shoulder boxes, but I have them all.

in Living World

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Here, you want a suggestion: Make it so you can buy a coat box for 10k crests. YES, that’s a lot, and 10 times more than the other boxes, but this incentives people to do the boss, while at the same time, giving them a path to get the box, without totally having to rely on rng.

Do please stop and think about what you’re suggesting.

10K crests is just unreal. If you can really build up that many while trying and failing to get your chest due to bad luck, then where’s the fun?

Honestly, I’d hesitate to suggest even 2K crests for it. For a lot of people, this may be the last roadblock on completing a rather large collection of collections. To be blocked at this point would be like putting together a large jigsaw puzzle, only to find that one of the parts from the middle of the picture is missing. It’s not just unfun, it’s frustrating.

It needs to go onto the vendor, just like all the other parts, once you’ve beaten the boss once. If low numbers of players require a secondary fix later, then they can add it to the vendor for everyone that beats the final part of Season 2.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

in Living World

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Maybe a successful boss event can drop one token. Get X tokens and you can turn them in for one Carapace coat box. Worth a silver each for those who have all 3 boxes so they can vendor them.

in Living World

Posted by: Exo.2965

Exo.2965

This is not a suggestion – its madness and absolutely stupid idea.

These are suggestions:
1. Make every “Armor Box” available to purchase from the Silverwastes vendor right after completing the “needed part” of the story line. Sale price 1000 krests.
2. Add “Armor Box” as a reward from completing each part of the living story. On every next completing of the same story line, with alts, players can choose a reward between “Armor Box or Black Lion Key”.
3. Increase the drop rate of Carapace Coat Box to 100% from the Vinewrath Boss. ATM your RNG sucks.
4. Add “Carapace Armor Box” container with a possibility to choose not only the Glove Box but every Carapace Armor Box available in the game ATM. Make labyrinth be more usefull for those who likes it.
At least …

in Living World

Exo.2965

Maybe a successful boss event can drop one token. Get X tokens and you can turn them in for one Carapace coat box. Worth a silver each for those who have all 3 boxes so they can vendor them.

token isnot a bad idea btw. but in my opinion it should be exchangeble not only for Carapace Armor Boxes. Vendor has a lot of things )

in Living World

Exo.2965

The drops are random. The game is functioning just fine, as proved by those who have gotten a box, or more than one box.

Dear ANET!

The game works fine in gameplay mode. It’s not lagging, bosses are killable and sometimes we even got good drop but your understanding of RNG itself is kind a erroneously. Even if you using RNG you should not avoid the interests of different players with different playstyle. ATM Vinewrath gives you a few rares and a chance of Carapace Coat Box as a reward from Big Chest. But don’t you think that reward could be more desireable ? why don’t you make ONE Carapace Armor Box wich could give players a chance to choose Needed Carapace Armor ? not just the coat but every available. For those who came later and don’t have amount of chrests to buy staff from the vendor it would a great possibility to gather luminescence set via battle with your lovely Boss. And this issue of RNG tracing us all over the game.

Sometimes i realy don’t understand what your designers and master-minds are thinking about ….

in Living World

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

I don’t do random… Got to level 30 fractals, never got a skin, did TA Aether path like 10 times, never got the skins. I learned my lesson, I’m either very unlucky or your drop rate are like a lottery ticket for 10 million $ prizes.

Since the coat is random I didn’t even try playing that boss.

in Living World

Posted by: Torsailr.8456

Torsailr.8456

Personally I’m not in favor of a token system. We have plenty of those and they invariably just take up more bank space because they refuse to add anything to the wallet.

Instead they should make things like the carapace skins available through a reward track or repeating achievement. Kill the boss 5 times and get a carapace chest, choose your reward and repeat.

These are systems that are already in place and are easily adapted to the problem.

in Living World

Posted by: Lethalvriend.1723

Lethalvriend.1723

I am not against using tokens to unlock items as they are now. But when you look at the whole thing it takes more than 10,000 crests to unlock the full set when you don’t get lucky with boxes. I found the carapace to be overcosted since they were first available from the vendor. I also think that the chest should be available from the nightmare chest, random events in SW and from the vendor so that players aren’t fully tied to a single piece of content.

Then there’s the mordrem organs, the first week I was fine with it because I didn’t realize where that was going yet. Requiring RNG to obtain your wanted organ is a really good way to demotivate someone trying to go for the lumi set. Perhaps you want very few people to get the full set. Either way, players should have been able to use the specific extractors in the week the content came out, not in the next episode. It is personally deterring me from really going through the whole process to complete the whole set.

Apart from that it’s been a good run and I’m glad we finally got non-gemstore armors recently (both the pvp and this one).

in Living World

Exo.2965

Personally I’m not in favor of a token system. We have plenty of those and they invariably just take up more bank space because they refuse to add anything to the wallet.

Instead they should make things like the carapace skins available through a reward track or repeating achievement. Kill the boss 5 times and get a carapace chest, choose your reward and repeat.

These are systems that are already in place and are easily adapted to the problem.

The token system is already implemented via Dungeon-Vendor items so it wont be to hard to make something similar. Anyway we’re apending time to kill the SW Bosses and it’s almost the same as we doing dungeon runs. But in situation with SW we dont get any guarantee except of few rares. It’s only my thoughts

in Living World

Becka Williams.4978

This is not a suggestion – its madness and absolutely stupid idea.

These are suggestions:
1. Make every “Armor Box” available to purchase from the Silverwastes vendor right after completing the “needed part” of the story line. Sale price 1000 krests.
2. Add “Armor Box” as a reward from completing each part of the living story. On every next completing of the same story line, with alts, players can choose a reward between “Armor Box or Black Lion Key”.
3. Increase the drop rate of Carapace Coat Box to 100% from the Vinewrath Boss. ATM your RNG sucks.
4. Add “Carapace Armor Box” container with a possibility to choose not only the Glove Box but every Carapace Armor Box available in the game ATM. Make labyrinth be more usefull for those who likes it.
At least …

Here’s the thing, they apparently want to incentivize people to do the world boss, so we have to work inside that. My idea does that. They’re not going to increase the drop rate to 100%

in Living World

Posted by: Mondra.7439

Mondra.7439

So for me its just been run 28 with 1 drop (in addition to the achiev). It is really discouraging and makes me want to stop playing this boss ever again after it dropped.
I reall don’t mind having some luck involved but why not add an achiev, perhaps for killing vinewrath X times to get the next box guaranteed, even if its 50 kills? Or implement an RNG that increases the drop chance if you haven’t had a drop recently (say 10 runs) for this type of “collectible” item?
Having some luck involved can be fun i.e. hoping for an item and then having it drop eventually.
That being said its a longish event and it takes time to work up to it and for what it is the drop rate is too low. A realistic guess is probably 30 minutes per event (assuming you take taxies but cannot jump directly from event to event) which means getting these last parts can take hours and hours. That is sorely disappointing after you’ve orked up to the collection part by part over the last months. I cannot imagine how disappointing it is for people not having this much time at hand.
Want people to leave map frustrated and annoyed after finally getting the last drop? That’s how you achieve it, at least in my case. (And I have loved the silverwastes so far!)

in Living World

Exo.2965

Here’s the thing, they apparently want to incentivize people to do the world boss, so we have to work inside that. My idea does that. They’re not going to increase the drop rate to 100%

I like world bosses, but do they want us to get used to this … ehm …. RNG … this RNG ?

in Living World

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

The drop rate of these seems to be higher than the other parts, since the SW started I think I have had 1 glove box drop from the breach rewards, and ive done a lot of breachs, yet the Coat Box dropped twice from the chest in 3 runs for me, I know its pure RnG and for once I was on the good side of it,

I feel more the issue for those who haven’t got it, is going to be how they will get it, sure the new boss is new, but once people get the coat box, and achieves they wont do it, the rewards seem ok, but they are no better than running around the map for 5 mins and opening 20 chests, the BUFF u get to MF is also useless, as most of the drops in SW come from chests, it might increase your chance of a drop very very little.

Take note anet, maybe nows the time to start making MF work and affect boxes in the game also.

in Living World

Posted by: Torsailr.8456

Torsailr.8456

The token system is already implemented via Dungeon-Vendor items so it wont be to hard to make something similar. Anyway we’re apending time to kill the SW Bosses and it’s almost the same as we doing dungeon runs. But in situation with SW we dont get any guarantee except of few rares. It’s only my thoughts

You’re right. And if I thought Anet would actually put new tokens in the wallet then I’d be more in favor of it. But their track record says otherwise.

I also see a more subtle difference in how the two systems feel; and this is purely subjective on my part.

With a token system I get a somewhat meaningless trinket that I never see and goes straight into my wallet. There’s no sense of reward there, kind of like that 5 silver you get from killing Shadow Behemoth. It feels almost irrelevant. And then I have to go out of my way to actually make a purchase to get the skin.

With a repeating achievement (ex kill vine 5 times), I also don’t get the immediate reward unless there’s a 1ap reward per kill, but I can track my progress more easily than with tokens. That progress still feels irrelevant though. But when you get kill 5, the reward is dropped on you as a bonus chest. It feels like a reward, I don’t have to do the extra work of shopping for it.

Make sense? I may be splitting hairs a bit, but the repeating achievements just feel more rewarding to me than tokens. Or maybe I’m just smoking too much and need to stop thinking about it.

in Living World

Exo.2965

To think about … i would prefer an achivement title Bloodthirsty after killing huge amount of Dragons (daily Jormag, Kralcatorik etc.) + additional same achivement chest with unic armor piece (or even beckpack … oh YES!) skin which makes your weapon movements leave bloody trails within combat … sounds nice

Dreams, dreams ) but if we’re talking about world bosses it would be a not bad idea at all.

in Living World

Posted by: PaPe.2537

PaPe.2537

hello, I just get one caparace coat box, but I chose the wrong piece of armor, I need a heavy coat but I misclicked the light coat, what should I do? could you reset it for me? I don’t want to spend another two or three days in SW anymore.

in Living World

Posted by: Ameepa.6793

Ameepa.6793

Event done 8 times, I got 7 coats.

I’d say the RNG is not that punishing as other times with this. However is incredible discouraging with the eyeballs and the kidneys. Your complaint should be against that ones.

10 kills, 0 coats :P

in Living World

Exo.2965

hello, I just get one caparace coat box, but I chose the wrong piece of armor, I need a heavy coat but I misclicked the light coat, what should I do? could you reset it for me? I don’t want to spend another two or three days in SW anymore.

I think you just need keep trying. Mostly even miss-forged precursors can’t be restored.

in Living World

Posted by: Zok.4956

Zok.4956

HAVE FUN!

There is not much fun in beeing unlucky.

Greetings.

in Living World

Posted by: Ilvanor.1986

Ilvanor.1986

I just completed my 27th run, my 26th successful completion, and I have zero (0) boxes from a drop. I have no idea how many chests I have opened, but it is enough to clear out at least six (6) stacks of badges and gained two other boxes. I had that many in my bank and I got tired of having them all with nothing to spend them, so I know it was at least six (6), plus whatever I had on my character at the time and I used however many keys that was.

Meanwhile, a friend of mine has done a dozen successful runs, or around that number, and has gained six coat boxes. I have no idea how many other boxes he has gained through opening chests, but I know it is three that I was told. It is probably more, but will go with three.

That makes two (2) boxes in total for myself putting in far more time and effort.
That is nine (9) boxes for less effort on his part.

To me, this is being punished to play.

I get that the developers want people to play the content, but when you come to resent having to do it over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again without the reward that you are looking to get the thing that you are supposed to be enjoying, then there is a broken system.

Sure, you get five chests to open for beating the vine, but I really don’t need more badges. I don’t need obsidian shards. I don’t really need green or blue gear to sell or salvage (magic find is useless to me as you can guess by my luck in these events). The rares are nice to forge into more rares (again, luck doesn’t like seeing me get nicer things), but that is about it.

It is bad enough that I have been playing for two and a quarter years and have not seen a precursor drop for me, despite the copious amounts of events and chests I have opened, ranks attained, etc., but to be thwarted by a stupid coat box? That’s just pouring salted lemon juice into the dagger wound to the spleen.

in Living World

Posted by: Gilgalas.7860

Gilgalas.7860

I am extremely disappointed. Once again, the almighty RNGejus strikes. I know of a lot of people who got their 3 coat armor boxes in less than 5 combats with vinewrath. I have done around 20 combats and yet have to see my 3rd box, although I even went to the length of being a commander and helping people around as much as I can to ensure the event doesn’t fail (I know helping does not affect loot chances).

Why does Anet keep using this RNG system when there are so many complaints around concerning it ? Why is not that box available at the trader just as other boxes are ? It could even cost 3000 bandit badges if you wanted to make it different, people would farm them.

But at least give us a real chance to get it (and by chance I mean something that will make our efforts sure to succeed) !

N.B.: 4600 hours played and never got a precursors nor an exotic or any other loot worth more than 10 gold, nor any event restricted loot. I really hate RNG. When does J. Smith RNG change come live ? (option 2.5 or 1)

(edited by Gilgalas.7860)

in Living World

Posted by: Gilgalas.7860

Gilgalas.7860

I will add this: the queen bee amulet is already far enough RNG (and probably a good use of RNG this time if you want it to stay a rare thing). Why add the coat armor box in the RNG system ?

in Living World

Posted by: DogTrainer.6038

DogTrainer.6038

I think maybe Gaile is mistaken, and the RNG is not functioning properly. Everyone who talks about drop rate either claims an enormously high rate or a completely barren rate. It’s like an upside-down bell curve. This can happen with number generators when variables affect the outcome. Have you tried to troubleshoot this?

Aside from that, our issue and our feedback isn’t about drop rate, it’s about making the piece RNG at all. If you put it in the context of the hoops we jumped through for the rest of the collection to this point, and the cooperative effort it takes to succeed in getting to and defeating the world boss, the designers need to know that a large part of the community is frustrated and upset needlessly.

Gaile, y’all should change how you did this. I’m a loyal anet supporter, but I’m in a bad mood outside the game because of this. And that has never happened to me over a game. I’m dozens of hours into the lumi collection, and I’m 0 for 11 on this world boss regarding the chest carapace. I’m already disheartened to the point where I’m considering moving on from gw2 if the designers are unwilling to see their error and correct it… soon.

in Living World

Posted by: Elven Wraith.2986

Elven Wraith.2986

Over the last 3 days I have done 23 Vinewrath events, starting from scratch and not map hopping like a lot of people are so that is a lot of hours spent ingame. Had four failures, so in reality 19 chests opened and the only chest piece to show is the initial piece that you get for a successful event.
In addition to that, yesterday I opened 375 Embroidered Coin Purse and while I did get some top tier mats and 18 rares there was not one exotic………..RNGesus has left the planet :-(

Also opened 375 Embroidered Coin Purse and while I got 18 rares and some top end mats, there was not even one of the lowliest of low exotics. I have stopped throwing stuff at the mystic toilet after 400 exotic swords being swallowed up made me a tad upset so now I am just playing the game with the “it will happen ONE day”attitude

(edited by Elven Wraith.2986)

in Living World

Becka Williams.4978

Also, I’m going to suggest that if RNG is causing this much angst and hatred for an event, then no, it’s not working properly.

in Living World

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Finally got my last coat box and mordrem pieces i needed. Don’t want to see that boss ever again. Which is funny, because it was the coat boxes (and their rng-based acquisition mode) that causet such a strong reaction – i do remember liking marionette, and if i didn’t feel pressured into doing Vinewrath fight, i’d likely liked it way better.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in Living World

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

So funny thing about RNG, it took me about 30-40 runs to get all 3 coats, and what drops do I get for my next 3 runs? 3 coat boxes!

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

in Living World

Posted by: PlagueParade.7942

PlagueParade.7942

I have done this event well over 50 times and have yet to even get my second carapace coat box while I see people in my guild linking their 4th+. I Feel like I may be bugged or something.

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

While I was pretty fortunate to get all 3 Coat boxes I needed fairly early (got 2 during my first attempt, then the third on attempt #6. Got a 4th box on attempt #7), I do not approve of having the Coat boxes locked purely behind RNG. I grudgingly accept that RNG does need to be there to be provide some longevity, but I still would have preferred that the Coat boxes be available for Bandit Crests + gold, for the players who just have terrible luck.

Likewise, I’ve also been fairly lucky in obtaining the body parts I need (just need the Thrasher Kidney and Eye now), but I would have liked to see the guaranteed extractors being made available immediately after release. I can accept them being released 2 weeks after release, I guess.