Carapace Coat Box: Feedback & Suggestions [merged]

in Living World

Posted by: shinreigari.7318

shinreigari.7318

Why the hassle? Only the light armor looks great. The heavy: well shiny, but there are other heavy chest armors which can replace this easily; the medium – just ugly.

For me, thee medium armor was the reason i wanted carapace armor in the first place. Firt time i saw the medium set on reddit, i immediately thought that no matter how but i must have this!
Light is also not bad, the heavy carapace armor is boring though.

in Living World

Posted by: supa suop.8026

supa suop.8026

I think it would have been better if the heavy armor chest piece would have been sleeveless.

The same can be said for the medium armor to break away from the jacket troupe. Just give me a vest or something similar to the glorious armor.

The light armor is fine.

[SoS] PvX Thief,
The world could use more S/x Thief
FIST FLURRY! ORA!!

in Living World

Posted by: Gilgalas.7860

Gilgalas.7860

I finally got my last coat box after a lot of attempts, and I feel sad for all of you who still not got theirs.

I really hope that next week patch will add the coat to the bandit crests seller.

in Living World

Posted by: Pipra.7580

Pipra.7580

I finally got my last coat box after a lot of attempts, and I feel sad for all of you who still not got theirs.

I really hope that next week patch will add the coat to the bandit crests seller.

Grats! I’m up to 12 runs with only 1 Coat Box (from the chest). I know other folks have it worse, but it’s such a discouraging feeling each time to not get what I need.

in Living World

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

I know they wanted to shackle us to SW until the next part of the LS or HoT started, but putting the completion of the chest piece and the overall meta achievement behind RNG is in poor taste.

There are those lucky ones that finished it in a short number of runs, but to us that have poor luck the whole experience is deeply aggravating. No matter how much effort we put into getting to the Breach bosses and killing Vinewrath, we’re rewarded with a bitter taste in our month when we again get rewarded with nothing but a couple of greens and some cheap gems, and there is nothing we can do to help matters other than trying again and hoping for better luck next time.

If anything, the RNG on this boss should be helping us not harming us. There should have been the option to buy the chest boxes from the merchant, just like all the others, and the ones possibly dropped by the Vinewrath are a bonus reward to players to help shorten their time crest farming. If they really wanted to keep us farming Vinewrath, they should have added more unique rewards like the tonics and the preserved queen bees.

in Living World

Posted by: bahanwoodcarver.6071

bahanwoodcarver.6071

Hello Lady Frog !

Concerning the way to obtain the carapace armor parts, I would say that letting them RNG during a certain period of time is OK for me, but then, once this period of time is done, give the players a way to get them with a 100% sure mechanism would be great.

For me, this is the same status than the mini Gwyn-something. Let it be only RNG first year, as it will please the people who like getting items before the others, but let it be obtainable with for example candy corn cobs the next year, in order to please the unlucky guys.

I think it could be a good way to please everyone. And you did that well with the organs.

Best regards.

Bahan.

in Living World

Posted by: Heibi.4251

Heibi.4251

Just had two people get the coat box 3 time and 4 times in a row. They were already done of course before that streak. Fix the RNG of this event. Those who have it done should have their RNG turned so low on another coat box and those who don’ t have it done have theirs boosted.

Leader of Central Anime(CA)
Tifa Ran/Ranger with a Pet
Commander WvW – Henge of Denravi

in Living World

Posted by: El Borborygmus.2164

El Borborygmus.2164

How about just changing the end reward for Silverwaste PVP reward track to a coat box instead of gloves?

in Living World

Posted by: Daniel.9240

Daniel.9240

I have a little big trouble about this box.
I already receive the box from achievement list, but Im trying to get 2 boxes more killing Vinewrath, but, the big red chest never appears (but it tagged on map)
its a bug. or something, Ive done this event like 20 times T_T

in Living World

Posted by: azurrei.5691

azurrei.5691

Yeah, it is rather curious people spamming map chat with loads of coat boxes “wishing” they could give them away and the same poor souls (me included) still have yet to receive a single one from the vinewrath chest. I think I need to try it on another character because clearly my warrior has bad luck (lord knows how many TEQ I did…on 2 account actually… 0 hoards.)
See all you have to do is complain and you get what you want, right? an hour later – coat chest! Maybe it’s time to go to TEQ again…

(edited by azurrei.5691)

in Living World

Heibi.4251

And in your latest update you didn’t make the coat box available from the vendor. 30 times I have done the vine event and the remaining 2 coat boxes will NOT DROP!!!!! Give me kittening break!!!!

Thanks for nothing!

in Living World

Posted by: gaelicvixen.6401

gaelicvixen.6401

After 20 runs without receiving an additional coat box and having a guildie “complain” about getting so many that she’s begun calling them “ecto boxes” I decided to take a break from the Silverwastes because my blood pressure really couldn’t take much more.

I’ll get back to it soon enough though, because I love the Silverwastes. Anecdotal evidence is anecdotal, and I’m sure there are people who’ve not enjoyed the overall experience as I have…but I love the feeling of being at war, and being able to call in airstrikes and help from other players when your fort is about to be overrun. I love the fact that despite the pressure to keep and hold the forts, to succeed at the Breach and then the Vinewrath, map chat is nearly always helpful and positive, and quick to shut down the few people I’ve witnessed being abusive to other players.

What’s not to love about SW? For me there are only two things. The first is the claustrophobic feel of the map – which is a gripe I have as a GW vet about most of the GW2 maps – and the second is the RNG involved in getting the coat boxes.

To not add the Carapace Coat Box to the Bandit Crest Vendor – either outright or by adding a Carapace Coat Ticket as a possible drop with a decent chance of actually dropping to the Lost Bandit Chest loot table – nor to the Greater Nightmare Pod loot table, indeed to not offer players any other means aside from the Vinewrath event to receive additional coat boxes when all three armour weights are required to make the Luminescent Coat and thus earn the related achievement, quite honestly seems a bit mean-spirited.

I realise that is NOT the intention, mind you, nevertheless that is how it comes across when you think about all the players who have done the Story Achievements and farmed the Breach to get all the Mordrem parts to make the Luminescent Armour, but after dozens of Vinewrath runs have yet to receive even a second coat box.

So please, ANet, at least consider adding another means of receiving additional Carapace Coat Boxes.

in Living World

Posted by: Bubi.7942

Bubi.7942

Is this working as intended? 30+ successful kills here, no box. I know it’s RNG, I understand. But in my guild everyone and their grandmother had it drop for them, except for me. And it being a WvW guild you can imagine how many time they’ve done it (not much).

in Living World

Posted by: Elric Of Melnibone.4781

Elric Of Melnibone.4781

Blocking Luminescent Armor with RNG is just plain LAME! They added special extractors to get the parts you need, why can’t they be available for crests? I am sorry, but this is GRIND, by MY definition as the player has NO OTHER WAY to obtain something they want, a nice, but in NO WAY Legendary or Elite skin. We have earned the achievements and spent far to much of our time in the Silverwastes, why are we the unlucky less deserving of this skin?

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

So the Carapace chest box still isn’t buyable for Crests? That’s disappointing. I’ve gotten my Bioluminescence collection done already, but I was hoping that ANet would make it easier once the initial two week period had passed for those with terrible luck.

in Living World

Posted by: Elric Of Melnibone.4781

Elric Of Melnibone.4781

I FINALLY got my first Carapace chest drop tonight and coincidentally I also had just got my last Kidney so I am wondering if your odds go up once the rest of the collection is in place besides the box, but it was probably just dumb luck. It would however explain how people are getting lots of drops AFTER they have completed their armor already.

in Living World

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

There was no reason to gate the chest pieces behind that annoying world boss when all the others could be gotten at least two ways each, and could be gotten without relying on an entire map and RNG.

in Living World

Bubi.7942

I FINALLY got my first Carapace chest drop tonight and coincidentally I also had just got my last Kidney so I am wondering if your odds go up once the rest of the collection is in place besides the box, but it was probably just dumb luck. It would however explain how people are getting lots of drops AFTER they have completed their armor already.

Nah, I had kidney and eye done on day 2 when the boss came out (from saved up part bags). Killed Vinewrath at least once a day but on most days 2 times, sometimes 3 on weekends. No Coat. I am really starting to hate the SW community btw.

in Living World

Heibi.4251

There was no reason to gate the chest pieces behind that annoying world boss when all the others could be gotten at least two ways each, and could be gotten without relying on an entire map and RNG.

I could see maybe having the vine event be the unlock to being able to purchase the remaining 2 coat boxes, but no, this RNG hell grind is ridiculous. I finally got 1 coat box to drop after 31 successes. There were also 4 failed tries as well. Meanwhile those who have it done get coat boxes enough to send them as Christmas gifts, if that were allowed.

in Living World

Posted by: Arkinos.7245

Arkinos.7245

The drop rate for the Coat box actually seems very high. I did 7 or 8 Vinewraiths overall and I got 4 Coat boxes (including the achievement one)

in Living World

Heibi.4251

The drop rate for the Coat box actually seems very high. I did 7 or 8 Vinewraiths overall and I got 4 Coat boxes (including the achievement one)

It’s RNG. You say it’s high, but many would disagree with you out of sheer experience. 35 times and only 1 has dropped from the chest. So, lucky you…now move along and let the rest of get our drop please.

in Living World

Posted by: Cleftjaw.9287

Cleftjaw.9287

My experience with RNG is usually a very poor one. But either the drop rate of the Coat Boxes is very high or i was just very lucky this time. Did the Vinewrath like 10 times and got 5 Carapace Coat Boxes. Was completely surprised how lucky i was!

Meanwhile, getting the eyes and kidneys from the bosses was a pain, before the right extractors became available last tuesday.

in Living World

Posted by: Sakri.7234

Sakri.7234

Trying to fish the coat box has finally broke the proverbial camel’s back for me with this game. I don’t want to waste my time doing something I don’t want to do to get something I want. There are games around that are fun to play AND rewarding.

in Living World

Heibi.4251

42 vine events – still awaiting the final coat box. Got my second after 35 events. And there are people there who are done getting it left and right. ANET fix the RNG. It’s obvious that the coat box isn’t rare. So either up the drop rate or make it available from the vendor.

in Living World

Posted by: kromi.7682

kromi.7682

Please add the coat boxes to the Crests vendor. Every other part of the set can be unlocked by at least two different ways (LS chapters, the vendor, chests) and even the collections to unlock the Luminescent pieces leave very little to RNG especially now that all specific extractors can be bought from the vendor. It is unbelievably frustrating and demoralizing to leave the last part of the set to be obtained ONLY by RNG. Grinding Vinewrath feels just aggravating after countless of kills without seeing a coat box drop.

in Living World

Posted by: Dark.4956

Dark.4956

and Guild Wars posted somewhere on the new expansion release posts that GW2 had the grind element removed..though the silver wastes is a prime example that the grind is still there…

in Living World

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Since RNG is not at my side, i had to farm 1k crests to acquire the boots, but was way more easy than expected and had and fun.

Im used to grinding games so gw2 gives to much to easy (gw1 did the no grind/treadmill better than gw2 for several reasons).

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in Living World

Posted by: Cormac.3871

Cormac.3871

I also wonder if some of the problem is caused by people doing the event without the perseverance buff. I usually have poor luck with this sort of stuff, but having got my third coat in about the sixth attempt, it makes me think that the fact that I usually play on the map from a fairly early stage has something to do with it.

in Living World

Posted by: Gudy.3607

Gudy.3607

I also wonder if some of the problem is caused by people doing the event without the perseverance buff.

But how likely is that? To max out Perseverance for that nice 150% magic find boost you only need to do 5 events. Unless you’re lucky enough to LFG into a map that is just about to Breach and still not full, or you’re hanging around Camp Resolve until the Vinewrath event starts (in which case you deserve your bad drop chance for beeing a leech :-P ), there’s almost no way you can stay in the Silverwastes for any length of time and not acquire several stacks of Perseverance.

in Living World

Bubi.7942

I finally had my 1st coat drop yesterday, after 30 tries (somewhere between 30 and 35). I guess another 30-35 to go. Better get to it.

About the preserverance buff:
Even if you somehow manage to enter a map with the Vinewrath already started, you get 1 stack + 1 for killing the thing, so you have at least 2 stacks when opening the chests (btw, preserverance reads it’s only good for Bandit Locked Chests, so it shouldn’t have an effect anyway).

Also you get the Hero of the Wastes buff right after the VW is dead, so you have that on when opening the chest.

in Living World

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Wow. Some of y’all haven’t gotten a box before 30 events or so? Thats awful reward design. Either there should be a token that drops with each final chest and after you get X number you can buy a carapace box or the boxes should be on sale for 1000 crests like the others as a fail safe.

Something ANet needs to reread: RNG as a concept-Discuss

in Living World

Heibi.4251

The RNG gods finally smiled on me after 55 vine events. I received my final coat box today after 55 successful events, multiple disconnects(code 7), and zone failures and was able to finally put SW behind me.

ANeT, your goal of dissuading me from going to SW was successful. I have no real intention of returning there without a good reason. The fun was taken out of it due to an unnecessary grind of your making. I was willing to try for 2 weeks without purchasing the box from the vendor. I saved up my crests, believing you would save me from the grind by making a sane decision to make the coat box available just like ALL the other pieces. But no, you chose to leave it to RNG.

I was able to continuously read of all the “Wow, I just got my Xth coat box” posts in map chat, and hear it from my guildies who finished over a week ago, while I diligently did all the events prior to the breach that I could with no luck at the end of the vine event.

So, ANET, be proud of your foresight of trying to make a grind out of a coat box that drops like water from a thunderstorm to those who don’t need it. And that you have one player unwilling to continue the grind you created because they have finally been granted a reprieve by the RNG gods.

Now on to WvW and PVE events I can enjoy without worrying about the need of a RNG specific item’s drop. I can create my own type of grind that I can enjoy without the RNG gods being present.

in Living World

Posted by: slamb.4781

slamb.4781

GG Anet if your goal was for me despise the new maps and never want to return you have succeeded. This pritty much sums up my thoughts om the whole Carapace Coat Box Situation.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQlkI_jMW5k

Sir Kitty Litter
[QOP] Quaggan Op – Guild Leader

in Living World

Posted by: Schneider.8615

Schneider.8615

Ok, so I take everything back. I got to do the event for my first time just now and received two (2) Carapace Coat boxes and I’m super happy.

I think RNG does add some excitement, it should be in the game but there should also be a system regulating it. So that your chance gets higher the more times you do it to avoid those rare cases with people who can get massive streaks of bad luck.

in Living World

Posted by: zcearo.1897

zcearo.1897

I don’t know if it’s just me , but I have gotten 7 chest boxes . I get one from the Vinewrath every time The Breach is successful.

in Living World

Posted by: vanRijn.6348

vanRijn.6348

Yeah, okay, screw this. I’m done. I’ve run many many hours in Silverwastes. I have all of the luminescent armor skins except for chest/coat. I’ve run Vinewrath at least 25 times and I have only gotten a single carapace coat/chest box. No other way to get it except running Vinewrath. So screw this. It’s literally the only thing I have left in the entire luminescent collection. What’s the thinking here… that I’ll just keep coming back and helping SW if you keep me from getting what I’m working for? Okay, well, nice try. I’m done with SW until you let me buy the carapace coat box from the vendor. Or don’t. I no longer care. Too kittened off to run SW anymore.

in Living World

Posted by: tjvalor.9357

tjvalor.9357

I got my first two boxes in my first three tries. Now, 21 try’s later and I have not gotten that last box. Meanwhile other are posting 10 and 13 boxes from their inventory. When some Players have multitudes of an item that other’s cant even get to drop then the system has a major flaw. I always thought Anet hated the mind numbing farming aspect of most MMO’s. So, why then have they done just that with the SW event. The problem here is, like others have mentioned, soon people will stop doing this event and those of us who have not gotten the box will no longer be able to complete the event to get it.

(edited by tjvalor.9357)

in Living World

Posted by: Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Most of the armor in the gem store and new armor put in this game are just reskins with different starting colors. The male Hexed outfit and Witch outfit are very similar except one uses a skull helmet.

The flametouched armor was easily seen as a reskin of armors that you could buy with karma in Orr.

The light carapace armor is the only armor skin that actual looks unique. Across all three the only unique pieces are helmet and, shoulder and boots. Coat and Leggings look like existing skins in the game with very subtle differences.

in Living World

Heibi.4251

Yeah, okay, screw this. I’m done. I’ve run many many hours in Silverwastes. I have all of the luminescent armor skins except for chest/coat. I’ve run Vinewrath at least 25 times and I have only gotten a single carapace coat/chest box. No other way to get it except running Vinewrath. So screw this. It’s literally the only thing I have left in the entire luminescent collection. What’s the thinking here… that I’ll just keep coming back and helping SW if you keep me from getting what I’m working for? Okay, well, nice try. I’m done with SW until you let me buy the carapace coat box from the vendor. Or don’t. I no longer care. Too kittened off to run SW anymore.

Apparently that might be the case. After a while it’s obvious they stopped reading this thread. It took me 55 vine events to get the last coat box. I haven’t done the event since. I refuse to spend my time there now. Had it only taken maybe 15-20 times to complete this I probably would have kept doing it.

ANET, seriously, make this available from the vendor now. Make it unlock with the first time you defeat the vine event. You’ve had your fun at frustrating multitudes of players. You can sit back and laugh at them as you make it available from the vendor after 3 weeks.

But, alas, this will fall on deaf ears.

in Living World

Posted by: GoddessOfTheWinds.2937

GoddessOfTheWinds.2937

Hahaha. People make me laugh. The first piece I finished was the chest piece. I got 3 coat boxes in about 15 runs… The first one is a guaranteed drop, the others have a 10-20% chance to drop. It’s not hard at all. If you enjoy Silverwastes, you will drop it in due time. If you can’t put your time to drop it, then maybe you don’t deserves it. Go say that to those who can’t loot a random Fractal Weapon after 100 runs. Your chances are very high to drop a specific piece. Don’t cry.

I still have 6 pieces to farm (2 boots, 2 leggings, 2 shoulders). Am I crying on the forum? No. What should I do? Continue to farm. Why? Because I like it and there are very good drops in the map.

Just play the content, if you don’t want to, just don’t do it.

Though I agree that it should now be added to the merchant for those who don’t want to do a few Vinewrath events to loot it and are stuck with lots of Bandit Crest.

in Living World

Heibi.4251

Hahaha. People make me laugh. The first piece I finished was the chest piece. I got 3 coat boxes in about 15 runs… The first one is a guaranteed drop, the others have a 10-20% chance to drop. It’s not hard at all. If you enjoy Silverwastes, you will drop it in due time. If you can’t put your time to drop it, then maybe you don’t deserves it. Go say that to those who can’t loot a random Fractal Weapon after 100 runs. Your chances are very high to drop a specific piece. Don’t cry.

I still have 6 pieces to farm (2 boots, 2 leggings, 2 shoulders). Am I crying on the forum? No. What should I do? Continue to farm. Why? Because I like it and there are very good drops in the map.

Your percentages are incorrect. It took 55 runs to get the last 2 coat boxes for me. That’s 3.6% for me(2 / 55 = 0.036). Others have had varying success. And your condescending attitude towards those having a hard time is unacceptable. The RNG of this event is ridiculous. Some get luck in 3 runs. One of my guildies got 2 on the first run alone and 1 more 6 runs later. The other pieces can also be had at the vendor, unlike the coat pieces.

The problem is that those who are done seem to have the coat box drop more often. So take your smug, in your face attitude somewhere else.

in Living World

Posted by: Keneth.6490

Keneth.6490

Your percentages are incorrect. It took 55 runs to get the last 2 coat boxes for me.

You were incredibly unlucky, but I commend your persistence.

Based on the data collected from dozens of people, collectively having done hundreds of runs, the drop rate is indeed about 10%, potentially even more since a lot of the people who got their boxes quickly weren’t very vocal about it, either because they were no longer around or because they were kind enough not to rub it in. Even with the stats slightly skewed, I don’t think the actual drop rate goes above 15%.

I do agree with people in this thread though. It’s fine if you wanna add RNG to certain parts of the game, but the simple fact is that most people don’t actually enjoy RNG and it’s a really detestable way of artificially extending play time. There should always be a way of acquiring items by other means, even if those means are equally or maybe slightly more grindy as the RNG method for the average player.

in Living World

Heibi.4251

But remember, the drop rate tends to increase after you get the final one. I remember constantly seeing posts in map chat of folks who have it done but keep getting them. Therefore the drop rate is skewed in favor of those that have completed the achievement. I’d agree on the drop rate if it was more evenly distributed among all players – those that need the actual drop and those that don’t.

in Living World

Gudy.3607

But remember, the drop rate tends to increase after you get the final one. I remember constantly seeing posts in map chat of folks who have it done but keep getting them.

That’s called Confirmation Bias. Look it up. And while you’re at it, read up on the Gambler’s Fallacy as well.

Unless and until someone posts good hard evidence to the contrary, i.e. from thousands, preferably tens of thousands, of Vinewrath events, I stand by my pseudo-analysis from page 5 of this thread: Assuming a roughly 10% drop chance, none of the results posted in this, or any other, thread about the carapace coat box drops are in any way, shape or form outside the expected behaviour of an unbiased, uniformly distributed random number generator.

That doesn’t mean that it wouldn’t be nice if there were a non-RNG way to acquire those coat boxes, but it also doesn’t mean than anything about the RNG needs fixing.

in Living World

Heibi.4251

If it were a flat 10% I would have had all my coats by the 20th try. Therefore the 10% is a fallacy, in not just my case but in 100’s or even 1000’s of cases. It’s the RNG driving this, not percentages. And the RNG is broken.
As for Confirmation Bias, one man’s truth cannot be over come by someone simply saying “You were just unlucky”. Obviously there are those of us who got screwed by the RNG. And it is true, those who have it done have been getting the coat box far more often than those of us who don’t/didn’t. Whether it took 35, 55 or more to finish, we can say that the straight percentage does not hold up. It actually took 35 for my actual first drop of the coat box(not including the auto one). That’s 2.8%. And 20 tries later the drop rate was 5%, if you leave out the previous drop and start the count over. Far from a simple 10%.

in Living World

Gudy.3607

If it were a flat 10% I would have had all my coats by the 20th try.

sigh Promise me one thing: Don’t ever visit a casino. Because with this one sentence you’ve just conclusively proven that you have no idea how probabilities work. You’ve also strongly indicated that you’ve never played a dice game in your life, or haven’t paid attention when you did, but that’s a slightly different, though related, issue.

A 10% drop chance means that every time a player opens that big chest, there is a 1-in-10 chance that a carapace coat box will drop: The computer will roll a 10-sided dice. If it comes out 10, a coat box falls out. If it rolls a 1-9, no coat box for you. Nothing more. Nothing less. It specifically does NOT mean that a carapace coat box will drop every 10th time someone opens that box, and it certainly does not mean that it will do so every 10th time you, specifically, open that chest.

in Living World

Heibi.4251

Then the dice are weighted here. 55 times to get 2 coat boxes? In sheer odds at any casino I should have gotten at least 1 coat box by the 15th try. Even in a casino you get a win when the odds are 10%. Many players have experienced the exact same issue with this event. And then you had players get an extra one the first try, then completed it before trying the vine event even 10 times. Many just after 3 tries.

As an experiment I rolled a 10 sided dice 55 times. I got 5 10’s(i.e. coat boxes). A mere 9%. Now if the RNG worked like this I would have been done real quick. I actually got 1 on the first 10 rolls(3rd actual roll of the dice) and 1 on the second 10 rolls(on the actual 14th roll). Therefore ANeT’s RNG is truly screwed up.

The issue here is ANeT’s ridiculous RNG. It is clearly not a 10% chance. Especially when folks are getting it multiple times after completing the set. All the while people like myself were going again and again receiving nothing. That means the RNG is not as cut and dry as you are trying to make it out to be. And ANeT sure as kitten ain’t going to tell us what the real chance is since it is so screwed up in this case.

(edited by Heibi.4251)

in Living World

Posted by: Lalocat.6793

Lalocat.6793

But remember, the drop rate tends to increase after you get the final one. I remember constantly seeing posts in map chat of folks who have it done but keep getting them.

That’s called Confirmation Bias. Look it up. And while you’re at it, read up on the Gambler’s Fallacy as well.

I got two in a row after about 12 attempts, have been doing it regularly since for the rest of the parts I need, and haven’t received a single coat box.

in Living World

Posted by: Bahlol.6125

Bahlol.6125

best place to get the coat is the chest at the end of Mordrem Vinewarth boss event, I got all 3 in just 4 runs to the boss, and so did many people in my guild took them about 4~6 runs only for the 2 pieces.

in Living World

Gudy.3607

Then the dice are weighted here. 55 times to get 2 coat boxes? In sheer odds at any casino I should have gotten at least 1 coat box by the 15th try. Even in a casino you get a win when the odds are 10%. Many players have experienced the exact same issue with this event. And then you had players get an extra one the first try, then completed it before trying the vine event even 10 times. Many just after 3 tries.

I’m not going to repeat my post, but I’ll link it here for your, and everyone else’s, edification.

TL;DR: Assuming a 10% drop chance, a 50-chest dry run is about half as likely as getting the two coat boxes in your first two successful Vinewrath events and should affect on average around one in 200 players. You just happen to be one of those.