Cold resistance

Cold resistance

in Living World

Posted by: J envy.5270

J envy.5270

So i did the dailys in the new map during reset, i logged off for a few hrs to do things, come back i lost the cold resistance buff, now i dont know how i can progress through my story since bitter cold area debuff keeps killing me, and no guides show how to get cold resistance after losing it. Yes i did the elixir daily hours ago before i logged off, now i dont know what to do.

Edit: got it, thx for the replies.

Kamote
Guild Wars Vet since 05
multi-class all game modes

(edited by J envy.5270)

Cold resistance

in Living World

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

You do the elixir daily again.

Cold resistance

in Living World

J envy.5270

How? i actually dont know how to do it or even start it without the story.

Kamote
Guild Wars Vet since 05

Cold resistance

in Living World

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

You don’t need to start anything.
You just do the exact same things again (help the NPCs, gather berries, gather suet from mobs, once you have everything you go to the springs and craft the elixir), then you can go

Cold resistance

in Living World

Posted by: demitel.1340

demitel.1340

If you paid any attention, you should know how to do it. You need the eggshells, frostbitten suet from mobs, winterberries and a grawl firestone from renown heart. Then go to Blister Cauldron again.

Cold resistance

in Living World

J envy.5270

Must be the grawlfirestone that i need i got tons of the other mats and still no option to cook elixir, gonna do some hearts….

Kamote
Guild Wars Vet since 05

Cold resistance

in Living World

Posted by: demitel.1340

demitel.1340

Must be the grawlfirestone that i need i got tons of the other mats and still no option to cook elixir, gonna do some hearts….

It’s the one where you help the Grawl and you just need 1 / potion.

Cold resistance

in Living World

J envy.5270

It was the grawl firestone! Thx for the help.

Kamote
Guild Wars Vet since 05

Cold resistance

in Living World

Posted by: wackyratt.3517

wackyratt.3517

The same thing happened to me. I gathered all the materials again and went to the cauldron again. Then I clicked the option to make the elixir. But I didn’t get an elixir and still don’t have the cold resistance buff! Has anyone been able to successfully make the elixir a 2nd time? If it doesn’t work, I don’t want to waste the karma to buy more heat stones. (Or waste the time do the whole grawl heart quest again)

Other than this, I’ve had a good experience with the episode so far. New map is gorgeous and it’s fun to run around with a huge torch.

Cold resistance

in Living World

Posted by: JaddynnStarr.5201

JaddynnStarr.5201

grawl firestone is no longer purchaseable for me. Suet is also no longer dropping either.

Cold resistance

in Living World

Posted by: Alora.6841

Alora.6841

I did the story step yesterday. Logged off to proceed today but lost the buff. So I made another elixir today, but my wife didnt get the buff, while i did. So we have to try again tomorrow. This is untolerable, we want to do the story and all we do is run around the new map for stuff we need, without knowing it will work the next time.

I am Commander Shepard and Evons Company is my favorite store in Lion’s Arch.

Cold resistance

in Living World

Posted by: SyllyReth.2495

SyllyReth.2495

I made another elixir today with my friend and neither of us got the buff. Worked fine during the story step yesterday, but today it took the ingredients as if it had made the elixir and then nothing happened for either of us.

Unbridled Dynasty [UND]

Cold resistance

in Living World

Posted by: odrez.8409

odrez.8409

I did the story step yesterday. Logged off to proceed today but lost the buff. So I made another elixir today, but my wife didnt get the buff, while i did. So we have to try again tomorrow. This is untolerable, we want to do the story and all we do is run around the new map for stuff we need, without knowing it will work the next time.

Same for us, we logged out yesterday and wanted to continue today. Buff was gone, took us quite some time to realize what had happened. We’re currently working on another elixir – hope it works.

If this is a bug, it’s a nasty one. If not, it’s still a pretty bad design choice to base a story step on something that is daily bound.

[edit] I made another one and it worked for both of us. Phew.

(edited by odrez.8409)

Cold resistance

in Living World

Posted by: sparklybeast.4956

sparklybeast.4956

I’ve also had the problem where I’ve spent most of my available playtime this evening running around gathering the components for the elixir again so I can finish The Bitter Cold, only to give them all to the Blister Cauldron and it not give me the Cold Resistance buff. I don’t have time to gather again tonight so wasted my playtime. Not massively happy.

Cold resistance

in Living World

Posted by: PrettyShield.8107

PrettyShield.8107

grawl firestone is no longer purchaseable for me. Suet is also no longer dropping either.

Same here I came to map on another character now can not get either

[FS] Farscape is a friendly WvW guild & we’re recruiting! http://farscapeguild.com/
Devona’s Rest

Cold resistance

in Living World

Posted by: Tyzzen.8964

Tyzzen.8964

How many mats of each? I’ve looked for hours, I can’t find this information anywhere
Same thing happened to me, I logged out

Cold resistance

in Living World

Posted by: Max Durak.1358

Max Durak.1358

YES!!! Same for me today. Also i keep getting kicked into character selection screen and rolling back in location i was 5 mins ago. WTH??!!

Cold resistance

in Living World

Posted by: Oldirtbeard.9834

Oldirtbeard.9834

It’s nice to see that my reaction was reasonable to this situation, I had to get the buff again to progress the story after logging off and going to work/sleep only to
Discover it was gone at the beginning of my one hour pre work gaming session.

For a second there after getting chewed out by my GM for complaining about this in Guild Chat I almost thought there was something wrong with me, but to be fair this is becoming a past time with my GM lately; perhaps it’s time to move on.

Cold resistance

in Living World

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

Can you hoard the materials and reconnect later to actually make the elixir?

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Cold resistance

in Living World

Posted by: Lankmaster.6507

Lankmaster.6507

I have a related question. I went to make the elixir for the second time. Got all the suet, egg shells, and berries. Remembered I needed the ice shards, twigs, and feathers to trade the grawl for the firestone. Went to go get firestone, but couldn’t find any way to construct their shrine. I noticed the heart vendor had firestones for karma.

Are firestones only available for karma at this point? Or am I missing something?

If it is only available via karma, then why have permanent nodes for ice shards and twigs for a single use during the story? Seems silly. That’s why I’m hoping I’m missing something.

Cold resistance

in Living World

Posted by: Koceto.6930

Koceto.6930

So the heart vendor is supposed to sell the firestones? I did complete the heart today but no stones for me… guess that one of those “under the table” deals. And i noticed the places i could build the shrine in the story are shining but could not build another one either…

Cold resistance

in Living World

Posted by: SyllyReth.2495

SyllyReth.2495

I did eventually go back and test a second time, and the second time I used the materials I got the cold resistance buff. That means twice the materials for one buff, and the timing on it is horrible. I had to do it twice because of the bug, so used twice the materials, and then because I did it so close to reset I only got ~2.5 hours out of the buff before I had to do it again.

Also, the only way I’ve seen to get the firestones is through karma, which makes the permanent nodes for the shrine kind of redundant. I definitely wasted time gathering the stuff just to find out I could (had to) buy the stone anyway.

Unbridled Dynasty [UND]

Cold resistance

in Living World

Lankmaster.6507

One final confusion for me on this topic. Beyond the story, why do I need cold resistance (AKA thaw elixir) aside from the daily achievement? Why do I need to go up to the cold area? Are there events up there? I didn’t see any. Just wondering what the point is.

Cold resistance

in Living World

Posted by: Max Durak.1358

Max Durak.1358

One final confusion for me on this topic. Beyond the story, why do I need cold resistance (AKA thaw elixir) aside from the daily achievement? Why do I need to go up to the cold area? Are there events up there? I didn’t see any. Just wondering what the point is.

At least 3 achievements require you to go there, if you done story and meta achievement, you dont need to go there aanymore.

Cold resistance

in Living World

Lankmaster.6507

Thanks Max. Good to know.