Complaints of Tera bossfight?

in Living World

Posted by: Xephnos.4570

Xephnos.4570

“I keep getting one shotted.”
“It’s unfair for melee.”
“I’ve fallen and I can’t get up”
“I can’t handle challenges.”

but for real why are people complaining about the boss fight? I mean I went in clueless of what was awaiting me with a Guardian with GS/Sword/Focus with a support build. The process of killing the Teragriff was rather difficult with only Sword 3 and Focus 1 as my only range abilities. However, I got through it and found it fun. I hope I’m not the only one.

in Living World

Posted by: wasted.6817

wasted.6817

Went in as zerk thief, d/p+sb. Spent 70% on sb, obviously. I think that fight is great, good boss design.

PS. Btw, i meant the first boss, the winged creature, i dunno their names. The last boss was bad and boring, spend 99% in melee behind him, just autoattacking.

in Living World

Posted by: GreenAlien.5623

GreenAlien.5623

Are endless waves of malformed modrem teragriffs intended with challenge mode on? Everytime i kill one, a new one spawns and he just continues on as normal.. i’ve been trying this for an hour now, and i dont have time to do damage to him because those things dont despawn like they do without challenge mode :-/

Edit: Nevermind, it was a bug. I started a new instance and it was much easier..

(edited by GreenAlien.5623)

in Living World

Posted by: warherox.7943

warherox.7943

The fights were more annoying than anything. One shot mechanics don’t make it challenging.

Doctor Beetus – Burst Engi Maguuma
twitch.tv/doctorbeetus

in Living World

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

Same here – no clue what to expect and went in on my engi, full zerk gear/traits using mostly rifle/grenades.

The ONLY problem I had was the vine things pulling you or slamming you to the ground.. other than that.. pretty simple after a while.

in Living World

Posted by: Kuldebar.1897

Kuldebar.1897

I wish we had TERA (pre-BAM nerf) combat….

in Living World

Posted by: Bazzoong.7145

Bazzoong.7145

My complaints are:

The “boss” is totally imune to crowd control (blind crippled imobilisation daze etc nothing works), it oneshots you with next to everything.

This leads to: Spam shortbow 1 and evade everything for the entire fight. All other mechanics become irrevalent, totally and utterly a boring fight.

If you miss an evade or get pulled at the wrong moment by the tentacles you are done for, pretty one dimesional if you ask me.

Story instances being a concentration test where you are fighting the latency for several minutes and your only task is to evade everything while spamming skill 1 is not my thing.

The game has lots of interesting combat mechanics (especially if it comes to thieves) why suddnely remove all those and reduce encounters to a one dimensinal “just dodge everything and hope the lag does not kill you”?

(edited by Bazzoong.7145)

in Living World

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

The fights were more annoying than anything. One shot mechanics don’t make it challenging.

ah, once again tales of the mystical “real” difficulty, hidden away in the land past the twin rainbows…

in Living World

Kuldebar.1897

ah, once again tales of the mystical “real” difficulty, hidden away in the land past the twin rainbows…

I’ll leave this here:

in Living World

Posted by: BlazeQ.1095

BlazeQ.1095

I guess I’m not getting 1 shot because I don’t wear zerker armor? I keep seeing people complain about mobs 1 shoting them. Yet I have not experienced this with any of the content over the last month.

Cold Beerdrinker
PB Officer
NSP

in Living World

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

I am struggling to see what is 1 hitting people.

Ran it on my “nothing special” Necro and found the fight pretty mundane.. a few dodges when it charges, then standing in the middle of the floor and dodge a few tentacle pulls then 5mins of chasing it round while it did it’s Tasmanian Devil thing around the outside, just letting conditions slowly reduce it to puppy feed.. range or melee its a boring fight whichever way … the best bit about it was seeing it take flight and doing pretty much nothing if your smart enough to not be in its path.
The final Troll boss is nothing more than what you get in Silverwastes except its been on the Roids and gained a gazillion more HP.. still the same easy to avoid/time out main attack with the bee swarm…

in Living World

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

I soloed this boss in story mode, achievements mode, and challenge mode activated. Last one was kinda fun, I failed twice and got it on third, I’m an elementalist spec’d celestial w/ staff and I found it very fun. I’m looking forward to more content like this, but in a guild scale (you know what I mean…).

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

in Living World

Posted by: Therys.4368

Therys.4368

My only complaint in this fight is why isn’t Rox/Caithe helping.
Also the Aspect Masters need to learn Aspect of Ground Rubbing.

I thought the fight was no more difficult than any explore-path Dungeon boss except with much less HP and therefore solo-able.

The only content I got 1-shot by in the past month was Skeletal Lich’s mass retaliation killing me with my own AoE. No complaint though. Felt good to see people actually wanting mesmers and necros but I digress.

in Living World

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Did this with no issues in berserker gear. The boss’ attacks are easily telegraphed; even while doing the challenge mote. There are ways to minimize getting pulled during the phases that have the vines.

in Living World

Posted by: jdmThor.3806

jdmThor.3806

this is my favorite boss so far. it’s big and fast. it was fun fighting it

did it on my full zerk lb/gs ranger. never one-shot me.

in Living World

Posted by: Chameleon Dude.1564

Chameleon Dude.1564

My only gripe was that it was a little too tanky, that’s it. I can imagine that a five-man zerker squad would just melt it if it were any squishier though.

Melee’d it on a sword/shield guardian in sentinels gear without bringing stability, just to see what all the fuss was about…

in Living World

Kuldebar.1897

I think this quote from another forum belongs here:

…they have annoying cheesy mechanics as a substitute for a challenge which results in boring those who want a real challenge and getting under the skin of people who just want to get past the encounter to see the story unfold.

tldr: cheese, too much

The larger problem I see is that introducing video arcade story progression into a role playing game kind of goes against the the novel idea of being in a real albeit fantastical world, emphasis on the “real” part.

I think this is a reason ANet backed off on making the Super Adventure Box part of the regular game. It doesn’t really belong there.

And before someone spouts off that ANet can put anything they want into a “fantasy” game, think again. If the integrity of the story is belittled or trivialized, the players who play for story and immersion will lose interest.

in Living World

Posted by: Saint.5647

Saint.5647

Not a huge deal. Once I figured out that “Now’s your chance to get close” means you’re about to get blown up by some serious damage, it was a pretty easy and sort of enjoyable fight. Zerker gear included.

One True God
Fashion Forward!
Guild Wars Dinosaur

in Living World

Posted by: Eirdyne.9843

Eirdyne.9843

I’m pretty sure this last patch says Anet has quit doing anything with Living Story it doesn’t absolutely have to do to keep it’s surviving player base. Anet has gone from making stand-alone vast expansions to copy-pasting content as often as possible. It seems like it is starved for a budget and understaffed.

in Living World

Posted by: johnsonade.9547

johnsonade.9547

I guess I’m not getting 1 shot because I don’t wear zerker armor? I keep seeing people complain about mobs 1 shoting them. Yet I have not experienced this with any of the content over the last month.

w….wait. You mean that the stat combinations they released on dry top will actually help you tank living story bosses? I know I’m stubborn but that never crossed my mind. I just kept hammering away with my assassin’s ascended. Maybe if others tried changing their armor stats they might do better? I don’t know.

in Living World

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

A little something to wrap your noodles around:

An elementalist in full exotic soldier has an effective health on par with a naked warrior.

in Living World

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

I went in with staff/scepter+focus AH bunker guardian. Didn’t even need to dodge, just move around normally. That on challenge mode. Vine pulls were annoying, though.

Troll was a bit more problematic, at one point i had 12 bee groups running after me (most likely due to fight taking too long because of too low dps). That was actually a problem.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

in Living World

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

A classic boss fight as it could be from a typical action console game like God of War. Fast and fun, and super easy as I made it the first time, got downed once due late reaction. Maybe it was so easy cuz I was LB Ranger though.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

in Living World

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

A little something to wrap your noodles around:

An elementalist in full exotic soldier has an effective health on par with a naked warrior.

Please no jokes like that here. Some people may actually take you seriously.