Confessor's stronghold

Confessor's stronghold

in Living World

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

THE most annoying thing about the final fights is the constant HP drain whilst using the magic beam (and the fact the enemy’s circle is slightly larger than shown).

You won’t notice it whilst on a warrior or even a regen guard but that constant 330 hp degen tick is a real pain in the * if you don’t have ready access to regen whilst holding the magic beam.

The enemies themselves aren’t all that hard once you work out what to do (which isn’t explained AT ALL), it’s just annoying.

Personally didn’t enjoy that episode at all on a mesmer. Might just breeze through it on a guard and a warrior next just to emphasise the fact these fights all seem to be designed with warriors and guards in mind.

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

Confessor's stronghold

in Living World

Posted by: Sectry.1236

Sectry.1236

Did you press the special action button (default being the – key)?
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Special_action_skill

Confessor's stronghold

in Living World

Posted by: Fenris Amarok.4052

Fenris Amarok.4052

Like above… once you use the counter-magic, it gives you quickness and a shield. It’s almost like they had a mechanic to stop the health drain.

Confessor's stronghold

in Living World

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

Once I figured it out it wasn’t so bad, but the lack of instructions made it a complete pain . Having a special action default button is all well and good, but it really wasn’t much use of you don’t know what that is before the scene starts.

Trying to figure something out whilst you are dying wasn’t my idea of fun- even my wife came in and asked me what was wrong as I was muttering so much!

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

Confessor's stronghold

in Living World

Posted by: Sectry.1236

Sectry.1236

Once I figured it out it wasn’t so bad, but the lack of instructions made it a complete pain . Having a special action default button is all well and good, but it really wasn’t much use of you don’t know what that is before the scene starts.

Trying to figure something out whilst you are dying wasn’t my idea of fun- even my wife came in and asked me what was wrong as I was muttering so much!

I don’t know man, as soon as I heard the beep and the bottom popped up the first thing I that came to my mind was “I should probably click that”. Once I did the stuff Marj said before about reversing the magic made a lot more sense and it was a pretty smooth run on my first attempt.