Continuity Issues From Patch to Patch

in Living World

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

I just finished the new story and it was great! I really liked playing as Caithe. The skill set was fun, I liked the boss fights and the storytelling was cool in the parts with the Firstborn.

The story with all the episodes as a whole though is all over the place. The Pact shows up to the Silverwastes to battle Mordy. We head to Glint’s Lair. Caithe inexplicably steals the egg. We get to see her 20+ years ago. It went from trying to stop a dragon, to going to the lair of another dragon to stopping(finding, helping?)Caithe who is supposed to be a hero(?).

I think this kind of storytelling would have worked without all the few month long breaks, but because these stories are spread out over the course of such a long season it would be better to have one tale woven throughout a season to focus it. As it stands now, you have left cliffhangers for 3 separate stories over the course of quite a few months and it feels like it lacks impact for lack of a better term. You guys teased Rytlock stuff before the start of the second half of season 2 and we haven’t seen anything of that thread yet. The Caithe stuff is up in the air and the Mordremoth storyline kinda stopped altogether because we are on a wild goose chase for Caithe.

The other thing I would suggest is having each update be self contained with a teaser for what is coming 2 weeks after. Going from cliffhanger to cliffhanger and jumping threads mid-story makes it all feel really disjointed.

I really do have fun doing this content though. They are engaging, but disjointed. If you can’t have a season run from start to finish without breaks though, I would suggest just telling a single story. It’s too haphazard otherwise. Do we have another break now til the beginning of next year? If so, that just adds to the jumbled nature of the release cadence. Thanks for your time.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

in Living World

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I wouldn’t consider those continuity issues. When I think of problems with continuity, I think of DBZ.

These are more like gaps in the story. I’d personally play the past 3 episodes again as I don’t see an issue with the transitioning.

in Living World

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Continuity isn’t the right word, but yes it is very disjointed and all over the place right now. It needs to focus on the story at hand. I’m feeling less and less engaged with the whys and whats of the story with each episode. If I was my character, I’d be scratching my head at my “journey” wondering what is going on.

Labyrinth aside, the zone/exploration stuff has been top notch stuff though – really evocative.

in Living World

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

My guess is they are going to tie up all the stories with a single knot that is Mordremoth. Hopefully the execution goes well.