Could we move the spotlight away from LA?

in Living World

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Cutthroat Politics will be all about LA, again. I get that ANet wants to establish LA as the center of the world, but this creates a problem, where all the other capitals are empty as graveyards most of the time.

Which is a shame, because all of them are absolutely brilliant, especially Divinity’s Reach.

For the upcoming Living Story arcs, please rotate the spotlight from one city to another. Give the other cities their time to shine too!

One – Piken Square

in Living World

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

So basically moving the Living Story just for the sake of moving it rather than to have it make sense?

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Living World

Tom Gore.4035

I don’t mean switching Cutthroat Politics to another city. I mean the arcs beyond that. It wouldn’t be very hard to write the next arcs to be focused in another city.

One – Piken Square

in Living World

Posted by: Stealth Paladin.4361

Stealth Paladin.4361

It would be nice to have different places featured.

I think this may be what they were starting to do with Hoelbrak and the Black Citadel with the dredge/flame legion campaign but I’d wager it will actually get better than their first go of it.

Perhaps it’s just been very LA centered due to the recent festivals and changes to the living world system?

Anyway I definitely support diverse story-lines featuring each culture.

in Living World

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

I don’t mean switching Cutthroat Politics to another city. I mean the arcs beyond that. It wouldn’t be very hard to write the next arcs to be focused in another city.

I know that you didn’t mean switching the current one.
But my point still stands: Switching focus for the sake of switching would just look bad.

If the situations that arise are influencing Lions Arch it would be quite weird to have them taking place in DR or the Grove.

Sooner or later the story most likely will move towards other parts of the world, but that should come naturally, not being moved for the sake of moving.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Living World

Tom Gore.4035

I know that you didn’t mean switching the current one.
But my point still stands: Switching focus for the sake of switching would just look bad.

If the situations that arise are influencing Lions Arch it would be quite weird to have them taking place in DR or the Grove.

Sooner or later the story most likely will move towards other parts of the world, but that should come naturally, not being moved for the sake of moving.

We’ll see about that. I’m starting to be pretty sure that ANet wants to remove all the other cities from the map for good…

One – Piken Square

in Living World

Posted by: Aurrynthea.7581

Aurrynthea.7581

NOOO they can not get rid of Hoelbrak it’s a gorgeous city (mind you the Black Citadel does my head in!) but I agree it would be cool if more stories centered around other cities so it was more “living world” as opposed to “living in LA”

I’m not lost, I know exactly where I am…I just didn’t want to be here right now.

in Living World

Posted by: Vahkris.6847

Vahkris.6847

Next release has the initials of QJ, and based on the image on the release page, it looks like it’s not taking place in Lion’s Arch.

in Living World

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

All hints (data mined lines, the tent over the great collapse, the centaur-esque figure on the concept art of the next release etc) all point to Divinity’s Reach being the next focused on city.

in Living World

Tom Gore.4035

All hints (data mined lines, the tent over the great collapse, the centaur-esque figure on the concept art of the next release etc) all point to Divinity’s Reach being the next focused on city.

Hooray

One – Piken Square

in Living World

Posted by: wasted.6817

wasted.6817

That would be great. DR is the most glorious city i’ve ever seen in mmo’s, i wished so many times that DR would have been the main hub, not LA. Ah well, we’ll see soon enough i guess.

in Living World

Posted by: Chadramar.8156

Chadramar.8156

I’ve been wishing and hoping for this as well, because I dislike it when games take this “one single hub, every other place is dead and ignored” approach, and because I am not a fan of Lion’s Arch and would much rather all the interesting aspects in the world fleshed out instead.

Humans are far from my favourites, but I’d even take an asura-focus over more Lion’s Arch. So cheers if Divinity’s Reach will indeed get some attention next!

in Living World

Posted by: NornBearPig.9814

NornBearPig.9814

It’s sad to see these well made cities perpetually empty while the same one is recycled over and over. I hope they rotate the other racial cities for holiday and living story events.