Creating additional Mawdreys

in Living World

Posted by: Jure Simich.6154

Jure Simich.6154

Q:

I made my own mawdrey and also worked on one or my GF. It’s a LOT of work, and takes a month per piece.

If I want to create additional Mawdreys, do I have to start over from the first seed or is it possible to get a pet seed directly somehow?

in Living World

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

A:

You have to start from the first seed.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Living World

Posted by: Rognik.2579

Rognik.2579

Of course, if you haven’t destroyed the catalysts to develop the seed, it becomes easier on the same account.

in Living World

Konig Des Todes.2086

They become destroyed when you evolve the plants. You’d have to redo the story steps (maybe on a new character?) either way.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Living World

Jure Simich.6154

Well, I guess I’ll just craft and sell the components for others, then. I don’t really want to create another full series of three…

in Living World

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

So each Mawdrey can be used each day to consume blood stone dust? (or else I don’t see any point in having multiples) I mean if you have 2 Mawdreys you can consume twice as many blood stone dusts and get twice as many loot bags?

in Living World

Konig Des Todes.2086

Well, you’d have two stat-collectable ascended backpacks. I presume that would be the point.

Dear ANet writers,

in Living World

Jure Simich.6154

Actually, the reason I’d like additional Mawdreys is, amusingly, that it’s the rare piece of gear that actually likes you back. Mawdrey is half a pet, and that’s why I like her. I like having some emotional investment in my games.

(yes, I know the Shop of Horrors reference and the possibly dual meaning of the “embrace”, but I choose to interpret it in a positive way).

The fact that I have 10 characters that could use gear is also a factor.

Now, if I could just remake the final stage, taking a week to create and the materials for the final stage only, I’d be willing to repeat that a few times. But all three stages… that’s too much. Too bad, really.

P.S. Thanks for the replies.

in Living World

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

A related question seeing as the OP has been answered – I have absolutely no interest in crafting this backpiece, just seems like a waste of time and effort, but I’m also not sure about simply destroying the LS episode catalysts in my inventory.

Is there anything useful that can be done with them – convert to coin or something, or are they completely useless if not crafting the backpiece?

in Living World

Konig Des Todes.2086

Nothing can be done with the items you get from the LS episodes aside from crafting Mawdrey at this time. But if you want to craft it later, simply replaying the story steps will give you the items again, so you can safely delete them.

Dear ANet writers,

in Living World

Posted by: Evans.6347

Evans.6347

Actually, the reason I’d like additional Mawdreys is, amusingly, that it’s the rare piece of gear that actually likes you back. Mawdrey is half a pet, and that’s why I like her. I like having some emotional investment in my games.

(yes, I know the Shop of Horrors reference and the possibly dual meaning of the “embrace”, but I choose to interpret it in a positive way).

Well as you know it’s inspiration, I think it’s more fitting to call it a he. But with plants it’s always difficult to say. [/nitpicking]

Joy to the world, ignorance is bliss

in Living World

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Nothing can be done with the items you get from the LS episodes aside from crafting Mawdrey at this time. But if you want to craft it later, simply replaying the story steps will give you the items again, so you can safely delete them.

Thanks, well I guess I’ll delete them if they have no value in coin then.

in Living World

Posted by: erwin.7910

erwin.7910

I’ve replayed the first and second story steps (to get the chaos orb and the ley line dust), but got nothing* as a reward. Is there a way to get them back after deleting them?

(edited by erwin.7910)

in Living World

Posted by: Rognik.2579

Rognik.2579

Well, talking an alt through the personal story would give them the items, and as the items are account-bound, that’s one way to get them. The other is to finish the chapter to unlock replaying it, then talking to the “biconic” (I hate that term) to get the respective item.

in Living World

erwin.7910

Strange. I’ve reset the episode twice tonight and still got nothing as a reward, though I did get to squeeze a few achievements out of it.

I suppose dragging an alt through will have to do.

in Living World

erwin.7910

Okay, at first I wasnt sure what you meant by biconic but speaking with Kasmeer scored the chaos orb. I figure talking with the nord dude in the second section will get the ley line dust. Problem solved.

in Living World

Posted by: Zomaarwat.3912

Zomaarwat.3912

It doesn’t eat more Bloodstone by the way.

Over a year and the forum search is still broken = /

in Living World

Posted by: sephard.2470

sephard.2470

Strange. I’ve reset the episode twice tonight and still got nothing as a reward, though I did get to squeeze a few achievements out of it.

I suppose dragging an alt through will have to do.

You have to speak to one of the characters at the end of each episode in order to get the item again

in Living World

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

i still haven’t created the first one O _ O

Are you Shpongled?

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Me neither. The only thing I need left are the Foxfire Clusters, and I refuse to buy them at their current prices. However, I’m patient. I’m up to 59 now just from casually harvesting T5/6 wood nodes. I know I’ll get it eventually.

in Living World

Posted by: Avster.1935

Avster.1935

I just finished mine last night. I must admit, I’m not very impressed by the backpack design at all, and I fear it’s the final form because we didn’t get a seed or anything. Only made it because of Mawdrey II – getting rid of pesky dusts gives me more additional bank space, which is a plus I suppose.

Evelyn Whitehawk | Exalted Legend | Demons’s Demise | I Transmuted My Legendary Medium Coat

in Living World

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

I just finished mine last night. I must admit, I’m not very impressed by the backpack design at all, and I fear it’s the final form because we didn’t get a seed or anything. Only made it because of Mawdrey II – getting rid of pesky dusts gives me more additional bank space, which is a plus I suppose.

Finished mine a few weeks ago and I’m not impressed either. I’d like a more delicate flower with longer petals, this one seems weird.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer